Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Sami and EJ keep Rafe in the dark; January 12th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 10:39 PM (6,317 Views)
pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

I had to LOL at the "keeping Rafe in the dark" comment. That troglodyte lives in the dark. Capt. Caveman could not exist without secrets and Sami's complete submission to his will. Hey your daughter is still missing Sami-let's celebrate. Creep. The fly in the ointment is EJ. Yeah EJ is the child's father-REAL father. So I guess EJ trying to do whatever to find his daughter and get her back is manipulation? Tell that to Hope Brady.

I guess I should be grateful GG has learned a new word. Jerk was getting a bit worn out.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Luvndool

pspcindy
Dec 31 2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks Angie!

I had to LOL at the "keeping Rafe in the dark" comment. That troglodyte lives in the dark. Capt. Caveman could not exist without secrets and Sami's complete submission to his will. Hey your daughter is still missing Sami-let's celebrate. Creep. The fly in the ointment is EJ. Yeah EJ is the child's father-REAL father. So I guess EJ trying to do whatever to find his daughter and get her back is manipulation? Tell that to Hope Brady.

I guess I should be grateful GG has learned a new word. Jerk was getting a bit worn out.

OK so I wasn't the only one who saw that scene as.. follow the police plan vs. pay the ransom quietly.. Bope redux. :thankyou:

AidanGreensFan

What planet does GG live on? I'm speechless after reading this........

Wow! Just - WOW! I would like to know if he set a new world record for using the word 'manipulation' or variations there of..... :omg:

angmc
Member Avatar

^ Well I'm sure the producers/writers made sure to tell him his word of the week was going to be: manipulation. They went from 1 syllable to 5! :wow:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

angmc
Dec 31 2009, 12:42 AM
^ Well I'm sure the producers/writers made sure to tell him his word of the week was going to be: manipulation. They went from 1 syllable to 5! :wow:
:lol: I guess we shouldn't knock progress, right? ;)

Next week they might even have him try two different words. :o

AidanGreensFan

angmc
Dec 31 2009, 12:42 AM
It reminds me of that episode of Friends when Chandler gave Joey "word of the day" toilet paper and Joey kept throwing out the 'big boy' words!

kitkat
Member Avatar

TINA222
Dec 31 2009, 12:12 AM
If EJ isnt behind this kidnapping them GG can shove it up his ass. He tries to hard to make his character the good guy. Its like he is scared the fans will not like him otherwise. insecure much? I hope EJ is behind this and is taking delight in torturing Safe. Pay back's a bitch and you dont cross a Dimera!
It doesn't matter whether he is behind the kidnapping or not, he is manipulating Sami. And if he's not behind the kidnapping, that makes him a bigger monster, that means he's using their own daughter's kidnapping against her. I don't hate this article, though the title is misconcieving, sounds like Rafe knows they are lying so he is not in the dark is he. I should hate this article, but I don't because it sounds like we will see another side of Rafe, and I have loved all we've seen so far... And it doesn't matter who hates Safe, others love them and they have one awards as a great soap opera couple for 2009.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

Ultimately, it's not about Rafe. It's about getting Sydney back

EXACTLY. So why the hell are they having GG explaining the story to the press? I think I sprained my eyeballs reading GG's comments. Oh... poor Rafe! There's a secret and he doesn't know about it! GMAFB. So what if Sami put her concern for her child's safety by keeping the ransom note quiet before her need to appease her egomaniacal boyfriend's hero complex by feeding him that information. It's not like he's Mr. Open and Honest with her about everything in his life.
And dude if you want to raise babies with Sami Brady get fucking used to her lying to you, douche.

EJ using LOGIC with Sami to point out that telling Rafe may be a bad idea given the ransom note warns against it is hardly manipulation. I mean, I have no problem with EJ manipulating Sami at this point and if he's behind the kidnapping, that's fine with me too, but based on what we've seen so far if this really is the show's idea of manipulative EJ... just using logic and that logic somehow being an obstacle to Safe meaning that he's a villain to hero Rafe... I really don't know what to say.

I guess I'm glad they are finally bringing in Rafe back on the FBI so at least his SuperCop attitude and tactics may halfway make sense now, as stupid as it is that the FBI would ever put someone as close to the situation as Rafe on the case. Of course, it's just as stupid that they are hiring him back because of whatever success he's supposedly had as the rogue detective -- I guess just because he succeeded at illegally wiretapping and drugging Stefano resulting in no leads, and found out about Kate having bought ugly boots that didn't help solve the case either.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I'm beginning to wonder if EJ is reverting back to his "black glove" days. It will be a twist to end all twists if EJ were behind this kidnapping scheme. I recall the writers making the comment awhile back that the babyswitch storyline was going to take EJ to the dark side. It would make so much sense if he were seeking vengeance against all the ones who betrayed him.

Quote:

EXACTLY. So why the hell are they having GG explaining the story to the press? I think I sprained my eyeballs reading GG's comments. Oh... poor Rafe! There's a secret and he doesn't know about it! GMAFB. So what if Sami put her concern for her child's safety by keeping the ransom note quiet before her need to appease her egomaniacal boyfriend's hero complex by feeding him that information. It's not like he's Mr. Open and Honest with her about everything in his life.

Sami and EJ are both off their rockers. It's utterly ridiculous to receive a ransom note from a kidnapper and not have it dusted for fingerprints. It's crucial and viable evidence that could potentially lead to the safe return of the child. Why would they suddenly want to take the law into their own hands not knowing whom they are dealing with? It's a huge mistake not to involve the law enforcement. I don't hold EJ accountable for Sami not telling Rafe. She's a big girl and needs to accept responsibility for the choices that she makes. Besides, telling Rafe isn't about stroking his ego, it's about looking into all leads to bring little Sydney home. Now, poor Sydney is simply involved in a turf war.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I know Rafe is doing this because he loves Sami, but he really should've backed off after a point. Sydney is EJ's child not his. Sami needs to be reporting to him, not Rafe. I'm so sick of this story line.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I know Rafe is doing this because he loves Sami, but he really should've backed off after a point. Sydney is EJ's child not his. Sami needs to be reporting to him, not Rafe. I'm so sick of this story line

I guess I'm still missing the point of how Rafe is trying to be Sydney's father. I haven't seen it yet. What has Rafe done that indicates that he wants to take over EJ's role as father in Sydney's life? Plus, no one has mentioned Rafe wanting to step in as little Johnny's father. You'd think that Sydney was the only child that Sami has. Lucas, apparently, hasn't had any problems with Rafe being around little Allie either. As a matter of fact, Rafe's been kind to all of Sami's children.
It was Sami, not Rafe, who made that comment about EJ. Those were Sami's words. The fact remains that Sami is involved with Rafe and he will play a role in her children's lives. There are lots of homes where kids have stepfathers and stepmothers. They aren't taking the place of the biological parent; but, they will play a role in that child's life. Sami should thank her lucky stars that someone is willing to step in when she has four kids in her brood. Most men shrink away when they know that their potential love partner even has kids. While Rafe isn't my fave, I don't see anything wrong with they guy. He's just the polar opposite of EJ. There is certainly nothing wrong with being one of the good guys.
But, I do agree that the storyline has ran its course. I think that the storyline should have ended with Nicole's kidnapping in Chicago. Nicole's being carted off to prison, so that could have been the perfect closing point for the story. But, what do the writers do? Throw another kidnapping in there. They really do need to end it. It's like the writers are afraid to write anything that doesn't involve a baby or a kid.

kitkat
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Dec 31 2009, 01:39 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if EJ is reverting back to his "black glove" days. It will be a twist to end all twists if EJ were behind this kidnapping scheme. I recall the writers making the comment awhile back that the babyswitch storyline was going to take EJ to the dark side. It would make so much sense if he were seeking vengeance against all the ones who betrayed him.

Quote:

Sami and EJ are both off their rockers. It's utterly ridiculous to receive a ransom note from a kidnapper and not have it dusted for fingerprints. It's crucial and viable evidence that could potentially lead to the safe return of the child. Why would they suddenly want to take the law into their own hands not knowing whom they are dealing with? It's a huge mistake not to involve the law enforcement. I don't hold EJ accountable for Sami not telling Rafe. She's a big girl and needs to accept responsibility for the choices that she makes. Besides, telling Rafe isn't about stroking his ego, it's about looking into all leads to bring little Sydney home. Now, poor Sydney is simply involved in a turf war.
not to mention the fact that if no servants recieved that letter someone brought it in there. First we know that house has camera, Stefano has remarked about them. Then there is the fact that if that person came in on their own they must have had a key... And how many strangers know EJ's phone #?
Edited by kitkat, Dec 31 2009, 02:07 AM.

kitkat
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Dec 31 2009, 01:42 AM
I know Rafe is doing this because he loves Sami, but he really should've backed off after a point. Sydney is EJ's child not his. Sami needs to be reporting to him, not Rafe. I'm so sick of this story line.
when did EJ become Sami's boss that she has to report too? This I hope is a poor statement, cause it makes Sami seem like EJ's servant. Like he owns her, and it sounds like that is the way he's treating her.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

:frustration: WHEN will this end??? I swear she'll be 18 and coming home to Sami. Enough is enough! :drunk:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I really don't get the animosity towards GG, although I'm not really a fan. THIS is what actors do when they're interviewed. They give things from their characters' perspective.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

justforfun

kitkat
Dec 31 2009, 02:06 AM
lazydazes

Quote:

not to mention the fact that if no servants recieved that letter someone brought it in there. First we know that house has camera, Stefano has remarked about them. Then there is the fact that if that person came in on their own they must have had a key... And how many strangers know EJ's phone #?
it makes it more plausible that ej is behind it. if rafe was told, he probably would have taken it to be checked for prints. also, surveillance would be checked, too. the fact that ej is ignoring those major checks tells me he he's doing that for a reason. it's all manipulation. maybe he didn't initiate the kidnapping, but i think his people followed and found sydney with anna. i think anna thinks she is working alone, but ej really knows what's going on and is playing everyone, including sami. it makes the most sense to me.

kitkat
Member Avatar

justforfun
Dec 31 2009, 12:24 PM
kitkat
lazydazes

Quote:

it makes it more plausible that ej is behind it. if rafe was told, he probably would have taken it to be checked for prints. also, surveillance would be checked, too. the fact that ej is ignoring those major checks tells me he he's doing that for a reason. it's all manipulation. maybe he didn't initiate the kidnapping, but i think his people followed and found sydney with anna. i think anna thinks she is working alone, but ej really knows what's going on and is playing everyone, including sami. it makes the most sense to me.

This I believe, I read on Days cafe that next week Anna believes someone is on to her, so maybe EJ has figured it out and plans to use it to his own advantage... What a worm, gosh JS is so good... he plays a great bad guy....

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

justforfun
Dec 31 2009, 12:24 PM
kitkat
lazydazes

Quote:

I totally agree with you. How would the surveillance cameras around the house and all the bugging that EJ claims to have done in the house escape this person leaving a note on the table in the foyer? Doesn't make sense. I think EJ knows darn well where Sydney is and EJ is playing everyone-- except for Rafe who has been suspicious of him for awhile.

Also agree with the poster that said Rafe has shown no indication that he wants to take Sydney or Johnny away from EJ. He has told Sami that he wants to help her raise them. If they are together, and they are, then he should want to take a vital role in her children's lives. There is nothing wrong with that.

And yes, Sami does have a mind of her own, but let's not forget that she has just dealt with the death of Grace, whom she considered her child, and now the loss of Sydney. It would be very easy, as EJ well know, to manipulate anyone in that situation.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

EJ (if the sydnapper) is playing Rafe. Sure Rafe is suspicious, but at this point, EJs not at the top of the suspect list. He's still trying to piece everything together. Surely the walls will be closing in on EJ and how strange Sami is acting around him is only going to add up to EJ.

As for Sami not being able to think for herself. Sami has always been myopic when it comes to her men. This is classic Sami. The new twist on it being that she loves Rafe, but EJ's playing on her love of Syd to counteract that love. EJ knows what buttons to push, because she's been his puppet before. Old Sami wouldnt of listened to EJ and been solely loyal to Rafe, but EJ using their daughter to go against what she feels she should do now.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Liz<3Days
Dec 31 2009, 01:17 PM
EJ (if the sydnapper) is playing Rafe. Sure Rafe is suspicious, but at this point, EJs not at the top of the suspect list. He's still trying to piece everything together. Surely the walls will be closing in on EJ and how strange Sami is acting around him is only going to add up to EJ.

As for Sami not being able to think for herself. Sami has always been myopic when it comes to her men. This is classic Sami. The new twist on it being that she loves Rafe, but EJ's playing on her love of Syd to counteract that love. EJ knows what buttons to push, because she's been his puppet before. Old Sami wouldnt of listened to EJ and been solely loyal to Rafe, but EJ using their daughter to go against what she feels she should do now.

This might be the case, but if it is JS and the writers are keeping it all very close to the vest. Why have EJ shocked when the note arrived and he read it alone? Why have Anna discussing whether anyone knows if the note she left has been received by the DiMeras if she's working with EJ?

I still have hope that EJ will end up being involved - but I'm not sure that he is just yet. Perhaps when the ransom exchange gets bungled he'll get a clue and then start manipulating things - but I just don't see it clearly yet. Of course, stranger things have happened with EJ. The VISA thing is a perfect example. JS even said he was playing that straight the entire way through and didn't find out until they had him film that last scene with Mr. Burke that EJ was manipulating it - so I suppose we might find something like that here. :shrug:

Either way...I fully intend to enjoy EJ being the mastermind for a change. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply