Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Sami and EJ keep Rafe in the dark; January 12th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 10:39 PM (6,299 Views)
Nicole Walker

No wonder James thinks it's brilliant. He's probably happy EJ is doing something that's so Dimera like after being the town idiot. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jan 1 2010, 01:10 AM
Manda1
Jan 1 2010, 12:54 AM
EJ is a creep and selfish enough to keep Johnny and Sydney apart to spite Sami because she chose Rafe and not him. What a loser :lol:
I think EJ is probably keeping Sydney from Sami as symmetrical revenge for doing the same thing to him, not because the pain of Rafe getting to bathe in her glitter is too much to bear, although I suppose there could be some combination of motives.

Happy New Year to all!
I think it's is naive to believe that EJ doing this is not to get back at Rafe and Sami, now if this is not what you're saying I apologize, but that is what it sounds like your saying.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 31 2009, 12:18 AM
Luvndool
Dec 30 2009, 11:42 PM
Manda1
Dec 30 2009, 11:33 PM
EJ puts the note in the drawer and leaves the room to take the call.....the note that says tell no-one and I am watching you...if he didnít want Sami to snoop he should have taken it with him or he doesnít know Sami at all.....

When he told her not to tell Rafe he kept on saying things like it will be on your head if you tell Rafe and the FBI are brought in and it all goes wrong.....a little mean donít you think? Was it really necessary to add those comments unless he was manipulating Sami into feeling guilty and afraid that the whole successful return of Sydney will hinge on whether or not she tells Rafe...which we know is ridiculous....
Good point. I saw that more as lazy writing/recycle the Bope Ciara kidnapping blather. :shrug:
Actually, given that we know that Rafe does get involved with the FBI and the whole thing turns out badly I guess it's not ridiculous at all.

I'm not saying I don't think EJ is involved. In fact, there's a pretty significant part of me that hopes he is because I'd much rather see that version of EJ than what we've had for the past year or longer. But at this point in time I've seen nothing on screen to indicate he's manipulating Sami. I think it's completely reasonable that he would ask her to follow the demand in the note and not say anything - at least until they have a better idea of what they are facing. And leaving the note in the drawer and Sami finding it is hardly a manipulation. We keep hearing about this new and improved 'mature' Sami - so if she's snooping around and reading something he stated was a note from an old college friend that isn't EJ's fault. She's an adult perfectly capable of making a responsible decision - and most adults DON'T help themselves to someone's private letters/notes.
Bring. It. On. and while they're at it, I hope it brings back Scami Sami, and let's see how the Raferster likes the REAL Samantha Gene Brady! :rockon:

And I want Sami to take a walk in the shoes she put on EJ's feet.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jan 1 2010, 12:43 AM
Nothing Rafe did stop Sami from doing what she wanted to do. If she wanted EJ to know about his child, he would have known and that's the bottom line on that one.
How is what EJ's doing in asking Sami not to tell Rafe any different from Rafe telling Sami not to tell EJ that he was Grace's father before the Ejole wedding?

Both asked her not to tell a certain piece of information for what they believe are jsutified reasons and she decided on both occassions that she wasn't going to share the information. If one was manipulating her, then surely both were, as their actions are exactly the same.

Personally, I think neither did. She's a big girl and she made her own choices. No-one is to blame for what Sami does or doesn't do but Sami herself.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

As long as it's bringing out the Sweevil EJ, I'm all for it!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

kitkat
Jan 1 2010, 03:12 AM
Paxton
Manda1
EJ is a creep and selfish enough to keep Johnny and Sydney apart to spite Sami because she chose Rafe and not him. What a loser :lol:
I think EJ is probably keeping Sydney from Sami as symmetrical revenge for doing the same thing to him, not because the pain of Rafe getting to bathe in her glitter is too much to bear, although I suppose there could be some combination of motives.

Happy New Year to all!
I think it's is naive to believe that EJ doing this is not to get back at Rafe and Sami, now if this is not what you're saying I apologize, but that is what it sounds like your saying.
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I don't believe that EJ has any romantic motivations in kidnapping Sydney, i.e., it isn't to win Sami back. I don't think it has anything to do with him being jealous over Safe's romantic relationship, or if it does it's so tiny I can't see it, but then, I haven't seen anything passing for love or chemistry or romance between EJami in years. I think EJ's motivation is doing exactly to Sami what she did to him. I'm sure Rafe annoys him but Sami was the one who owed him the obligation to tell him about her pregnancy and child, not Rafe. Sami was already lying about her pregnancy and concealing it from EJ before she even met Rafe. The fact is that no matter how you slice it, no matter how much one might insist that Stefano is the reason Sami didn't tell EJ about their second child together, Sami didn't trust EJ enough to think he could keep their child safe from Stefano and/or she didn't trust that he would not be involved in criminal activities himself and/or she didn't trust that he loved her more than Nicole so that he would leave her. No matter what reason or mix of reasons one think motivated Sami, even if it was purely fear of Stefano, there's no getting around that she still would rather have relied on herself and then subsequently Rafe rather than enlist EJ's assistance in raising their child. EJ's not the forgiving sort and him having the opportunity to play tit for tat and make Sami suffer makes a lot of sense in context of his character. To the extent he forgave her in the first place I think it had more to do with the fact that both of them thought their child was dead and there was no point in constantly being at war when they still had one child together. Then the worm turned--their child was alive and lo and behold . . . opportunity knocked.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Jan 1 2010, 09:24 AM
kitkat
Paxton
Manda1

Happy New Year to all!
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I don't believe that EJ has any romantic motivations in kidnapping Sydney, i.e., it isn't to win Sami back. I don't think it has anything to do with him being jealous over Safe's romantic relationship, or if it does it's so tiny I can't see it, but then, I haven't seen anything passing for love or chemistry or romance between EJami in years. I think EJ's motivation is doing exactly to Sami what she did to him. I'm sure Rafe annoys him but Sami was the one who owed him the obligation to tell him about her pregnancy and child, not Rafe. Sami was already lying about her pregnancy and concealing it from EJ before she even met Rafe. The fact is that no matter how you slice it, no matter how much one might insist that Stefano is the reason Sami didn't tell EJ about their second child together, Sami didn't trust EJ enough to think he could keep their child safe from Stefano and/or she didn't trust that he would not be involved in criminal activities himself and/or she didn't trust that he loved her more than Nicole so that he would leave her. No matter what reason or mix of reasons one think motivated Sami, even if it was purely fear of Stefano, there's no getting around that she still would rather have relied on herself and then subsequently Rafe rather than enlist EJ's assistance in raising their child. EJ's not the forgiving sort and him having the opportunity to play tit for tat and make Sami suffer makes a lot of sense in context of his character. To the extent he forgave her in the first place I think it had more to do with the fact that both of them thought their child was dead and there was no point in constantly being at war when they still had one child together. Then the worm turned--their child was alive and lo and behold . . . opportunity knocked.
:rockon:

Paxton, I will vouch for you after reading your posts on various boards. You're hardly naive. :cheers:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ladyofthelake
Jan 1 2010, 09:44 AM
Paxton, I will vouch for you after reading your posts on various boards. You're hardly naive. :cheers:
LOL, thanks. I wouldn't have thought of myself that way either. No worries, just a conversation that needed some clarification.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
kitkat
Paxton
Manda1

Happy New Year to all!
I agree with you, for the most part, but I do think part of his motiviation is to break up SAFE, even if he doesn't want Sami back for himself, which I am not positive about. I think he would like nothing more than to make Sami miserable in every way, and if that includes Sami losing the man she loves, then I think he is all for it. But I do believe his major reason is revenge. He never really said he forgave her for Grace. When she asked him about it he said maybe, and he told Stefano he would never forget what she did.

daisy132

Nicole Dimera
Jan 1 2010, 01:22 AM
No wonder James thinks it's brilliant. He's probably happy EJ is doing something that's so Dimera like after being the town idiot. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
No wonder James thinks it's brilliant. He's probably happy EJ is doing something that's so Dimera like after being the town idiot.

That I can agree with. I don't believe that if EJ is indeed "the mastermind" behind the kidnapping, it has something to do with revenge. If he is responsible, I think that he tracked down Nicole, had Anna take Sydney, then he heard Safe's comment about raising Sydney as their own, and that was the final straw. Go EJ!! Keep your daughter away from the wannabe dad!!
Edited by daisy132, Jan 1 2010, 04:06 PM.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Paxton
kitkat
Paxton
Manda1

Happy New Year to all!
Cool... that is why I added the apology.... :smooch:

kitkat
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jan 1 2010, 03:38 PM
Paxton
kitkat
Paxton

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I agree with you, for the most part, but I do think part of his motiviation is to break up SAFE, even if he doesn't want Sami back for himself, which I am not positive about. I think he would like nothing more than to make Sami miserable in every way, and if that includes Sami losing the man she loves, then I think he is all for it. But I do believe his major reason is revenge. He never really said he forgave her for Grace. When she asked him about it he said maybe, and he told Stefano he would never forget what she did.
:iagree:

kitkat
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jan 1 2010, 04:05 PM
Nicole Dimera
No wonder James thinks it's brilliant. He's probably happy EJ is doing something that's so Dimera like after being the town idiot.

That I can agree with. I don't believe that if EJ is indeed "the mastermind" behind the kidnapping, it has something to do with revenge. If he is responsible, I think that he tracked down Nicole, had Anna take Sydney, then he heard Safe's comment about raising Sydney as their own, and that was the final straw. Go EJ!! Keep your daughter away from the wannabe dad!!
Other than the part I bolded.... :iagree:

daisy132

kitkat
Jan 1 2010, 04:11 PM
daisy132
Nicole Dimera

Other than the part I bolded.... :iagree:
*picking myself off the floor* - We finally agree on something!! :cheer:

Alligato
Member Avatar

daisy132
Go EJ!! Keep your daughter away from the wannabe dad!!
Not to mention that two-faced, hypocritical, glitterfied, drama queen who should have thought twice about spreading the legs with someone so unsavory.

Late to the party, but just reading this interview...and the only thing I can say is...this is one stupid story. I could not be less interested in EJ/Rafe/Sami, and I am just realizing that the reason that I loved the Sydney story so much either was because of Nicole or because it was so exciting and fresh. Now it is drawn out, tiring and very stupid with actors who can't seem to pull this shit off convincingly.
Can we please end it and move on?

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article. "Special connection" :wub: Bo and Rafe scenes sounds great to me.

Manda1

samixxx
Jan 2 2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the article. "Special connection" :wub: Bo and Rafe scenes sounds great to me.
"Connection" is a good word for what they have. They both always pic up on when the other's concerned about something. This is very consistent with how Sami and Rafe have been since the Safe House, he always picks up on Sami when she's conflicted or hiding something. :wub:

I am looking forward to the Bo and Rafe scenes too. His FBI re-instatement will no doubt have him in contact with the Comissioner. [Did I mention how happy I am he's back with the FBI?]. I wouldn't be surprised if Carly is mentioned too as she told Bo she had 'rescued' when she first arrived in Salem and I heard rumour that Rafe was going to be a good friend for Carly to have with his FBI connections when Vivian's plans start to kick in.

I don't think we've had an on screen conversation with the two of them yet. Can't really count the time that Roman introduced him when he was applying for job as Bo wanted to quickly get rid of him as he thought he might have been the person in his visions of Hope with another man! How stupid was that storyline...can't even remember if Bo was 'cured' of the visions or was it just another dropped storyline?

michelle
Member Avatar

Maybe I'm crazy, but it just doesn't seem like EJ is being written as the mastermind of the Sydnapping plot. Not yet. It doesn't make sense why he looks so devastated when he is all alone? Who is he acting for...Stefano's own survelliance cameras at Dimansion? I just don't see it.

Now I do think he will try to kidnap Syd from Anna once he knows she is behind it. Then he will keep Sydney all to himself to punish Sami, Rafe, Stefano and Nicole for being such lying aholes! That will be the big twist. Then he can spend time making up to Sydney for being such a butthead to her when he kicked her out of their house.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 2 2010, 02:59 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but it just doesn't seem like EJ is being written as the mastermind of the Sydnapping plot. Not yet. It doesn't make sense why he looks so devastated when he is all alone? Who is he acting for...Stefano's own survelliance cameras at Dimansion? I just don't see it.

Now I do think he will try to kidnap Syd from Anna once he knows she is behind it. Then he will keep Sydney all to himself to punish Sami, Rafe, Stefano and Nicole for being such lying aholes! That will be the big twist. Then he can spend time making up to Sydney for being such a butthead to her when he kicked her out of their house.

Oh, I think he is the mastermind of the kidnapping. Since we know Stefano isn't in on it, someone had to be feeding Anna info about where Nicole was and when and EJ had his men following Nicole, so he would know. EJ is out to make sure everyone who deceived him about Grace/Sydney pays.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jan 2 2010, 12:38 PM
samixxx
Jan 2 2010, 11:12 AM
"Connection" is a good word for what they have. They both always pic up on when the other's concerned about something. This is very consistent with how Sami and Rafe have been since the Safe House, he always picks up on Sami when she's conflicted or hiding something. :wub:

I am looking forward to the Bo and Rafe scenes too. His FBI re-instatement will no doubt have him in contact with the Comissioner. [Did I mention how happy I am he's back with the FBI?]. I wouldn't be surprised if Carly is mentioned too as she told Bo she had 'rescued' when she first arrived in Salem and I heard rumour that Rafe was going to be a good friend for Carly to have with his FBI connections when Vivian's plans start to kick in.

I don't think we've had an on screen conversation with the two of them yet. Can't really count the time that Roman introduced him when he was applying for job as Bo wanted to quickly get rid of him as he thought he might have been the person in his visions of Hope with another man! How stupid was that storyline...can't even remember if Bo was 'cured' of the visions or was it just another dropped storyline?
I like that about them :wub:

I agree, I think that Carly/Rafe's friendship is going to cause a little Safe angst. :wub: Sami looks good in green though. :D

I was wondering what happened to that storyline.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply