Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Sami and EJ keep Rafe in the dark; January 12th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 10:39 PM (6,242 Views)
michelle
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jan 2 2010, 04:59 PM
michelle
Jan 2 2010, 02:59 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but it just doesn't seem like EJ is being written as the mastermind of the Sydnapping plot. Not yet. It doesn't make sense why he looks so devastated when he is all alone? Who is he acting for...Stefano's own survelliance cameras at Dimansion? I just don't see it.

Now I do think he will try to kidnap Syd from Anna once he knows she is behind it. Then he will keep Sydney all to himself to punish Sami, Rafe, Stefano and Nicole for being such lying aholes! That will be the big twist. Then he can spend time making up to Sydney for being such a butthead to her when he kicked her out of their house.

Oh, I think he is the mastermind of the kidnapping. Since we know Stefano isn't in on it, someone had to be feeding Anna info about where Nicole was and when and EJ had his men following Nicole, so he would know. EJ is out to make sure everyone who deceived him about Grace/Sydney pays.
But then why does he look so devastated when he's all alone?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

Maybe he is missing Sidney and wants to be with her? or we are misunderstanding his reactions and emotions. Just because we THINK he is worried about Sidney being kidnapped doesnt mean that is really want we are seeing.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Why do people in Salem talk to themselves, why do they run into each other, why is everything so close....plot plot plot. We have EJ looking upset because TPTB didnt want to announce him probable mastermind.

Also, there was a scene where he said that there are cameras watching the mansion...his daddys cameras. Maybe he wants to avoid getting caught on one of them celebrating that he pulled his little caper off and now the Sami torture begins!LOL
Edited by Liz<3Days, Jan 4 2010, 11:06 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

DiCameras are a convenient plot device when actually they are remembered and not ignored. They used to make such a big deal about DiMera security but if those cameras had been working, Stefano/Tony/EJ would have figured out Nicole's secret a year ago given her daily confessions to no one in particular. Oops! Forgot to turn them on!

Manda1

Angie79
Dec 30 2009, 10:39 PM
Please link to DR.

EJ manipulates Sami into keeping secrets from Rafe , when they receive a note and $5 million ransom demand from Sydney's kidnapper.

"Rafe's a little suspicious that something is going on," says GG. "He and Sami have a special connection, and he's able to tell when she's acting weird."

Although Sami wants to call Rafe, EJ convinces her it would endanger Sydney, because the kidnapper ordered Sami to keep quiet. EJ assures Sami he will get the money and all will be fine, but Sami has second thoughts about shutting Rafe out, especially after he delivers some big news. "Rafe tells Sami the FBI reinstated him, because they're impressed by the way he's been coordinating between them and the police department on Sydney's kidnapping," says GG. "Rafe becomes the point person for the case in Salem." Sami then thinks that they better tell him and even goes to EJ to secretly talk to him about it. Rafe overhears and knows that something is being kept from him. "He's been suspicious all along, and this only solidifies that suspicion."

Rafe confronts Sami and EJ point-blank. "He asks them, 'You're sure there isn't something you're not telling me? There hasn't been a ransom note, has there?'" recounts GG. "Because Rafe knows the kidnapper didn't take the baby to keep the baby, especially with a family like the DiMeras. They're usually looking for money."

Sami tries to cover, but Rafe doesn't totally believe her. He tells her they will get through it and get Sydney back and that the most important thing is they need to be honest with each other and communicate. "Rafe is saying all of this stuff to her. It's killing her inside."

The lack of serious lead is killing Rafe. Later he lets his anger and fear show to Bo, but is still determined to bring Sydney home. "Rafe is frustrated and upset, and Sami sees it," says GG. "She's wracked with guilt and torn, but also scared."

Sami tells EJ it's getting harder to keep the secret from Rafe, but EJ skillfully manipulates her into staying quiet. "Not only has EJ pushed Rafe out of the picture, but he's made Rafe look bad and unsuccessful," notes GG. "Rafe's been telling Sami he's going to get Sydney back, but where is she? EJ is succeeding on many levels."

As for how Rafe is going to feel when he learns Sami has been keeping vital information from him, Galen admits he's going to be annoyed. "But that's also a delicate line for him," points out GG. "Ultimately, it's not about Rafe. It's about getting Sydney back, but it will certainly raise the issue of trust. As much as Rafe will be angry, he'll also be empathetic and understand why Sami would do what she did under the circumstances, especially when she was manipulated by EJ."
This article is an accurate description of what we've seen so far this week. I must admit to still being in denial about EJ's invovement and how far back it is.....all of the coversations with Sami have been creepy to watch with the potential truth that it is all one big cruel manipulation on his part. I need to see if EJ and Anna have a backstory that makes things clearer before I make my full comments.

michelle
Member Avatar

Just read Prevuze for tomorrow. I have to admit, I did not see it coming though just about everyone else on this board did.

Oh EJ. :shame:

Though I can't blame him. I absolutely cannot stand self righteous Sami and SuperRafe. I wouldn't want them raising my kid either!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I didn't think there was any way EJ could be behind this because he always looks so concerned, even in the Dimera mansion when no one is around. However, all this is making sense now ... he is doing all this to make himself look good and push Rafe out of the picture. It just doesn't justify why Anna would agree to take part... I don't think it could be for money. Besides, she is always talking to that picture of Tony about payback and whatnot.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

☼ Jinx ☼
Jan 7 2010, 06:45 PM
I didn't think there was any way EJ could be behind this because he always looks so concerned, even in the Dimera mansion when no one is around. However, all this is making sense now ... he is doing all this to make himself look good and push Rafe out of the picture. It just doesn't justify why Anna would agree to take part... I don't think it could be for money. Besides, she is always talking to that picture of Tony about payback and whatnot.
At this point, I think if he's trying to push Rafe out of Sami's life it's more as an act of revenge rather than to have her to himself. It's pretty clear to me he's still extremely pissed at all the lies and manipulations from the people he loved. Sami made it clear, and still seems to prefer, that she would rather Rafe be a father to EJ's children. I think that might piss off more than a few men...and soaps being soaps, EJ's revenge feels justified to me. :shrug:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Dragonish1
Dec 30 2009, 10:45 PM
In all honesty it is not hard to keep Rafe in the dark. He lives there. It is his world.

They need to wrap this stupid crap story up. And they need to explain why Anna is doing what she is doing already.
LOL

The Rafe haters in this thread are slaying me. Too funny.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

SocRMum1
Jan 7 2010, 09:01 PM
☼ Jinx ☼
Jan 7 2010, 06:45 PM
At this point, I think if he's trying to push Rafe out of Sami's life it's more as an act of revenge rather than to have her to himself. It's pretty clear to me he's still extremely pissed at all the lies and manipulations from the people he loved. Sami made it clear, and still seems to prefer, that she would rather Rafe be a father to EJ's children. I think that might piss off more than a few men...and soaps being soaps, EJ's revenge feels justified to me. :shrug:
That's a possibility. He's doing a good job than because it seems he really has a thing for Sami again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply