Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Love of Life Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 1 2010, 01:17 PM (2,295 Views)
CarlD2
Member Avatar

How were they? I know Bonnie was on the show for quite a while.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I really miss this show! I just remembered a scene with Meg at Van's home as they were set to go to some lavish party. Van was all dressed up and Meg said "You'd better hurry up and get ready. We don't have much time left.".

Graves72

When she came on, the show was reverting to its original theme of good sister/bad sister. Tudi was a great Meg, and Reeve was really good as her son. He was skinny then, and Meg looked stately and stoic. She married the mayor around then. After the show went off, Tudi went on AMC as the wife, Pamela Kingsley, who's hub was going with Erica. It was interesting seeing her as the "wife" as opposed to the "other woman." She played good in that part. Tudi had a "Maggie Smith" quality about her.

Gregorzick

Anybody have any information on actress Leonie Norton who was the first Kate Swanson on LOVE OF LIVE. Also loved La Norton as Cindy on ANOTHER WORLD and as Julie Siegel Toland #2 on ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Any updates would be appreciated!!!! :-)

RutherfordBHayes

Hi Friends, the co-editors of our book, 'Survival of Soap Opera: Transformations for a New Media Era,' want to know if any of you remember the 'Love of Life' storylines from 1966/67.

Thanks!

nigel pennysmith
Member Avatar

Dear Love of Life fans...If anyone is interested, I'm in the process of posting an extensive LOL cast List on SON Community. I'd post it here as well, but my keyboard skills are not the greatest. Anyone with any information not included in my list that would like to share, please let me know!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I don't have an account there but I've been reading the lists. I see a couple of errors as to timelines. I am worse at typing than anyone but I'll try to write down the ones I know. They are very slight errors and I really appreciate the work you've done. One thing I do remember is that. Bobby Mackie was Sally Rollin's cousin and not her brother. And I was fascinated to see a Justin Sterling. Do you have any information about that character and where he fit in Bruce's family? There are some fascinating nuggets in there. Thank you.

nigel pennysmith
Member Avatar

I was under the impression that Bobby was either Claire Bridgeman's brother or nephew probably nephew, I have a paper with family trees from LoL , but I have to dig it out. I'll be fixing a couple of things I wasn't sure of, I actually just wanted to get the whole thing typed up, then fix the rest with the other paper tomorrow. Maybe I'll hunt it down now, its not as late as I thought. I hope you know I obviously know about our friend from Hope Mem. I don't discuss it anywhere, though I have PMed it to 2 trusted friends back in December, that also know enough not to bite the hand that feeds, so to speak. I'll try to find that and make a couple fixes. I also have a copy of Soap World I meant to look at to put little blurbs about characters from, but that is in a trunk I won't get to until tomorrow. I look forward to more conversations, as LOL went off the air when I was ten years old, and wasn't one of my family's "stories". I've just been gathering info from articles and books over the years. In the LOL thread, I posted a few character questions(at SON). I'll post them here as well. Thank you for your input, all is appreciated!

nigel pennysmith
Member Avatar

Okay, found it, yep, it was nephew...I'll correct it in a few. Justin Sterling was the actor that played a baby Hank Latimer. I had to go back and look, I had forgotten when I typed it! By tomorrow, I'll have a few more character notes added, as well. Again, thank you for your interest...

I made it 1/2 way through Soap World's article and added tidbits to several characters. I will finish up Sunday afternoon!
Edited by nigel pennysmith, Mar 15 2015, 12:19 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

It's a soap I started watching regularly in the very early 70s. My paternal grandmother and her mother were CBS soap watchers and I remember watching it with them as a kid but not very often. It's one of the shows that I'm most curious about along with The Secret Storm because there were so many stories and characters that I never got to see and that weren't documented anywhere. And I know you weren't a blabber mouth about our friend. I remember two posters at SON who mentioned it pretty openly but they aren't posters here and are not among the familiar posters at SON.

nigel pennysmith
Member Avatar

I'll be posting Casts from as many soaps as I have. The more recent ones like AMC, ATWT,GL,OLTL are huge, so I figure I'll work my way up to those! I have a fairly full SFT and AW and EON. The Doctors is a work in progress as they turn up. I haven't always kept great notes on dates, so if they are a little off, they're mostly imdb. I'm glad you found some tidbits fun and interesting. My favorite is the original Tammy Forrest Porter was Mrs. Oleson from Little House .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply