Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lisa Trusel Is Back Briefly
Topic Started: Jan 1 2010, 02:19 PM (3,165 Views)
LovingDays

Weekly is reporting that Lisa Trusel is returning to the NBC sudser for Mickey’s funeral on Jan. 14 and 19. Remember how hot Melissa and Pete were back in the day?

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/100101_suds_report_NB.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for putting this on a separate thread...I think it was getting bogged down over at the other one!

I love the Hortons...so bring'em on! I wasnt watching back in the Pete and Melissa days, but I wish she was staying longer then 2 days!
Edited by Liz<3Days, Jan 1 2010, 02:24 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Yay! So we get to see her acknowledge her son Nathan too! Hooray!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm glad Lisa Trusel will be back as Melissa. As Mickey's adopted daughter she's an important character to show during the grieving process and Mickey's funeral. I also think it will reinforce that Nathan is a Horton and I'm looking forward to some Melissa and Nathan scenes.

I'm still hoping for some more returns. I think Marie, Mike and Jennifer should be there too. I'd be surprised if they brought back Sarah just because there was no one actress known for the role. Plus its been so long since she has been on the canvas. If this is the only return we get I think Melissa is the best choice.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm very happy about this. If they were really good, they'd take this as an opportunity to reintroduce Sarah to the canvas.

Luvndool

dc cubs
Jan 1 2010, 02:33 PM
I'm glad Lisa Trusel will be back as Melissa. As Mickey's adopted daughter she's an important character to show during the grieving process and Mickey's funeral. I also think it will reinforce that Nathan is a Horton and I'm looking forward to some Melissa and Nathan scenes.

I'm still hoping for some more returns. I think Marie, Mike and Jennifer should be there too. I'd be surprised if they brought back Sarah just because there was no one actress known for the role. Plus its been so long since she has been on the canvas. If this is the only return we get I think Melissa is the best choice.
I'll be glad to see Melissa in scenes with Maggie and Nathan. Too bad there won't be more of them. :-/

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 1 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm very happy about this. If they were really good, they'd take this as an opportunity to reintroduce Sarah to the canvas.
I said this in the other thread, but I would totally go for a Sarah/Phil pairing! Anything to get him out of chasing girls!

I'm weary of bringing Jennifer on just because of the history and they might fuck it up. I know J&J last stint was fucked up too, but I think with Sarah, TPTB could create their own backstory since she really wasnt "fleshed out" to begin with. All I remember from her SL was the time she caught Maggie cheating with Neil Curtis.

six
Member Avatar

A Horton staying for good would be nice, but it probably won't happen because the show won't want to tip the male:female ratio even further off balance, since this is mostly a couples show. Maybe they'd swap her for Stephanie, though...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Glad to see Trusel returning. Like I said in the other thread, if anyone needs to return for Mickey's funeral, it's Melissa. It would be great to have Bill, Laura, Mike, etc. return, as well as a new Sarah, but I don't think the show's in a position to bring all of these characters back, even if just briefly. Melissa makes the most sense. Her son was just introduced last year. She's the daughter that's actually known as Mickey's in the fans' eyes. Flashbacks can be used. It's a no-brainer that she would be the one to return. I hope we get some insight into who Nathan's father is. That would be good.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

A step in the right direction for DAYS.

sungrey

Yes, DAYS! Good job! It may be just one, but hey... at least we're going to get some acknowledgment that Hortons do exist. :)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

cassie1013

Mason
How is it that we're the same age and you know/have seen all this back history? lol! Do you own a library of DAYS tapes? Just curious! :P

And...well, 1986 would explain why I don't know who Melissa is (other than the off-mention here and there by Maggie).

Who is Nathan's mother? Sarah or Melissa?

lysie
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 1 2010, 05:00 PM
Mason
How is it that we're the same age and you know/have seen all this back history? lol! Do you own a library of DAYS tapes? Just curious! :P

And...well, 1986 would explain why I don't know who Melissa is (other than the off-mention here and there by Maggie).

Who is Nathan's mother? Sarah or Melissa?
Melissa.

Mason
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 1 2010, 05:00 PM
Mason
LoL, I do my homework.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

That's great that Lisa Trusel will be returning for a couple of shows. I always liked Melissa. And I loved her friendship with Justin. I hope we get some Justin/Melissa moments, along with Hope and all the other Hortons.

I agree this is one Horton that needed to come back.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Ooo didn't know Melissa was friends with Justin. That's good, more interaction for her.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I have wanted DAYS to bring back Sara Horton for years. Especially now with Mickey dying and Suzanne Rogers becoming the new matriarch of the show, Sara is needed. As a teen, Sara and Carrie were best friends, so maybe there can be some animosity between Sara and Sami, due to Sami's long fued with Carrie

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 1 2010, 02:24 PM
Yay! So we get to see her acknowledge her son Nathan too! Hooray!
I'm glad that we will get to see this.

I just read that Mark Hapka (Nathan) has signed a 4 year contract (he told Soap Opera Weekly). This makes me wonder if we'll ever be able to find out who Nathan's father really is? At this point, his father is unknown..

And the fact that Day's is giving out 4 year contracts shows that they think that the show will get renewed for a longer term :).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply