Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lisa Trusel Is Back Briefly
Topic Started: Jan 1 2010, 02:19 PM (3,125 Views)
into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 1 2010, 05:00 PM
Mason
Jan 1 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm very happy about this. If they were really good, they'd take this as an opportunity to reintroduce Sarah to the canvas.
How is it that we're the same age and you know/have seen all this back history? lol! Do you own a library of DAYS tapes? Just curious! :P

And...well, 1986 would explain why I don't know who Melissa is (other than the off-mention here and there by Maggie).

Who is Nathan's mother? Sarah or Melissa?
You can actually find DAYS online from 1984-now almost complete. It's like $20 a month from what I've seen. DAYS is one of very few soaps available like that among collectors. I thought about buying it but I'm not a big DAYS fans and am not sure if I'd like it. I just love classic soaps.

As for Mickey's death it seems like so many people should return for this. He may have been minimized in recent years, but Mickey was such an important character to the show. I wonder if Alice will make an appearance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

into_the_skyline
Jan 1 2010, 07:36 PM
I wonder if Alice will make an appearance.
Sadly, it doesn't sound like Frances Reid is able to make any more appearances on the show. And I kinda feel like we would have heard something if she was going to make it. I'll definitely hate not having Alice around for this. It's bad enough on holidays.

six
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Jan 1 2010, 05:10 PM
That's great that Lisa Trusel will be returning for a couple of shows. I always liked Melissa. And I loved her friendship with Justin. I hope we get some Justin/Melissa moments, along with Hope and all the other Hortons.

I agree this is one Horton that needed to come back.
Hope they learned their lesson from the Craig return.

DOOLFan85

this is great news. i wish melissa would come back for a few episodes too.

cassie1013

into_the_skyline
Jan 1 2010, 07:36 PM
cassie1013
Mason
Jan 1 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm very happy about this. If they were really good, they'd take this as an opportunity to reintroduce Sarah to the canvas.
How is it that we're the same age and you know/have seen all this back history? lol! Do you own a library of DAYS tapes? Just curious! :P

And...well, 1986 would explain why I don't know who Melissa is (other than the off-mention here and there by Maggie).

You can actually find DAYS online from 1984-now almost complete. It's like $20 a month from what I've seen. DAYS is one of very few soaps available like that among collectors. I thought about buying it but I'm not a big DAYS fans and am not sure if I'd like it. I just love classic soaps.

As for Mickey's death it seems like so many people should return for this. He may have been minimized in recent years, but Mickey was such an important character to the show. I wonder if Alice will make an appearance.
Really? Where?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, if Days *really* wanted to fuck with people, they'd bring Sarah back, say she has a past with Rafe, and cast her with Mackenzie Westmore.

Mason

Matt
Jan 2 2010, 02:18 AM
You know, if Days *really* wanted to fuck with people, they'd bring Sarah back, say she has a past with Rafe, and cast her with Mackenzie Westmore.
Don't even put that out there.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Matt
You just made me feel all tingly inside :wub:
Edited by Rick, Jan 2 2010, 05:25 AM.

dooldooldool

cassie1013
I am holding out for Ivy Jannings as the mother of Charles Nathan Jannings Horton. Charlie was born in the mid-80s and raised by single mom Ivy in the Kiriakis Guest House before she fled with the child when Pete was destined for Melissa.

It could easily be explained that Melissa adopted the youngster when Ivy died. After all, Maggie and Mickey adopted Melissa when she was nearly 16.

Melissa was on DOOL into the early 1990s and never had a baby until she showed up pregnant for one of Bo and Hope's Re-Marriages in the 2000s.
Edited by dooldooldool, Jan 2 2010, 07:02 AM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Rick
Jan 2 2010, 05:24 AM
Matt
You just made me feel all tingly inside :wub:
I love her! That would be so awesome.

dylan76
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Jan 2 2010, 07:02 AM
cassie1013
I am holding out for Ivy Jannings as the mother of Charles Nathan Jannings Horton. Charlie was born in the mid-80s and raised by single mom Ivy in the Kiriakis Guest House before she fled with the child when Pete was destined for Melissa.

It could easily be explained that Melissa adopted the youngster when Ivy died. After all, Maggie and Mickey adopted Melissa when she was nearly 16.

Melissa was on DOOL into the early 1990s and never had a baby until she showed up pregnant for one of Bo and Hope's Re-Marriages in the 2000s.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Ivy died?!

Or is this just your imagining of how events could have unfolded? Last I rememebr of Ivy, she was sorta dating Mike Horton & then she split town with little Charlie. I loved her though. She was so hot. Sweet but kinda feisty too, like Isabella.

dooldooldool

dylan76
Jan 7 2010, 12:03 AM
Last I rememebr of Ivy, she was sorta dating Mike Horton & then she split town with little Charlie. I loved her though. She was so hot. Sweet but kinda feisty too, like Isabella.
Ivy just disappeared. I think Speed (her brother) may have actually died in some gang-ish 1980s Salem storyline but I don't really recall her exit from Salem, other than it occurred when she realized that Mike Horton was in love with April Ramirez.

I don't recall a death, I was just trying to imagine a reason that Melissa Anderson Horton Jannings could be "Mom" to previously unknown, unspoken-of twenty-something Nathan. After curvy, salacious, over-the-top, club singer version of Melissa left Salem in the early 90s to "have a Nashville Career", there was never a mention of her private life. Lisa Trusel's return to the character periodically since then always alluded to a "Nashville Family" but never specified a spouse's name or any children's names.

One way to "create" Nathan is to say that he is the adopted child of Melissa, something that would be in character for someone with Melissa's DOOL storyline/background.
Edited by dooldooldool, Jan 7 2010, 12:25 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

dylan76
Jan 7 2010, 12:03 AM
dooldooldool
Jan 2 2010, 07:02 AM
cassie1013

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Ivy died?!

Or is this just your imagining of how events could have unfolded? Last I rememebr of Ivy, she was sorta dating Mike Horton & then she split town with little Charlie. I loved her though. She was so hot. Sweet but kinda feisty too, like Isabella.
I always liked Ivy, too. Holly Gagnier was great in the role and, although I never saw her, I hear she was a really good Cassie on OLTL, too.

dylan76
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 7 2010, 12:22 AM
I always liked Ivy, too. Holly Gagnier was great in the role and, although I never saw her, I hear she was a really good Cassie on OLTL, too.
Did you ever see "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"? It's a pretty cool little movie from '85. Holly Gagnier plays a rich bitch who gets to torment Sarah Jessica Parker & Helen Hunt. Big 180 from Ivy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply