Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Crystal Chappell Interview with Michael Fairman; "Newsmaker of the Year"
Topic Started: Jan 1 2010, 11:30 PM (1,746 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Click the link below for the full interview.

Here are some of the more interesting tidbits and teasers...
Quote:

When you returned to DAYS and decided to revisit the character of Carly, has it been all you had hoped for?

I try not to create too many expectations. I like to be present and open to the experience and certainly this is very different, because I am much more comfortable as an actress than I was 16 years ago. They brought Carly back with flaws, which is so much more fun to play, and I am not afraid to play them anymore. As a younger actress, for fear of being disliked, I would not just go for it. Now, after ten years of playing Olivia on Guiding Light, I was like, “Well, what else could they throw it at me?”

So, all the times back in the 90’s as Carly, when you were emoting all over the place, that was tough for you?

It was very hard for me! I did not feel comfortable in my own skin, as a person and as an actress. So it became very technical for me. My experience over the years as an actor (now that I have gotten older and wiser, hopefully) is to find a more authentic kind of performance. You have to live with these characters you play, and be comfortable with them… the good and the bad. So on GL, when Olivia was trying to run down Ava with her car, I had to justify her reasons to do that, and you have to go to those dark places. Olivia taught me a lot about being open to all choices. Coming back to DAYS, I felt very excited and free to take on this new Carly.

What can we look forward to from Carly in 2010?

There is so much that happens in 2010. And that is one of the things I love about this show. You have to watch or you are going to miss it. Eventually, she does get reconnected to a few people… the father of her daughter, and she gets closer to Bo and that takes an interesting turn, and Vivian is still trying to kill her!

I hear there is a horrible thing that Vivian is going to do. Last time she did something dreadful. She buried Carly alive!

It will happen at the beginning of February sweeps. The bottom line is, Lawrence wanted the child dead and Vivian is in Salem to carry out his wishes to make Carly suffer!
Source: Michael Fairman Soaps
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Kenny!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 1 2010, 11:30 PM
What can we look forward to from Carly in 2010?

There is so much that happens in 2010. And that is one of the things I love about this show. You have to watch or you are going to miss it. Eventually, she does get reconnected to a few people… the father of her daughter, and she gets closer to Bo and that takes an interesting turn, and Vivian is still trying to kill her!

I hear there is a horrible thing that Vivian is going to do. Last time she did something dreadful. She buried Carly alive!

It will happen at the beginning of February sweeps. The bottom line is, Lawrence wanted the child dead and Vivian is in Salem to carry out his wishes to make Carly suffer!
So... we all know that Vivian's plan is to kill Carly and her daughter, but I want to know HOW.

Will it be something simple and lame like poisoning their food? Or will it be something twisted and torturous like locking them inside a tank and slowly filling it with water until they drown? LoL. I must know how it's done!

Mason
Member Avatar

I hope Vivian thinks Mia is the daughter and kills her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 1 2010, 11:46 PM
Oh please, oh please, oh please!

(...and let it be brutal.)

Red Mist
Member Avatar

hehehehe! I would love her to OFF Mia.

I hope whatever Vivan does it is ghastly...I mean, I want to see some ugly ass suffering.

It has been ages since we have seen a truly vile incident. I want this to be dark. I want to see shards of kamp, yes, I love the movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"...But I would not mind seeing some "Hostel".

Give me Blood!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

As much as I would love Mia being dead and gone, I am kinda rooting for it to be Melanie to be the one that gets tortured and it to be what stops the wedding. Seeing her being trapped in some room which is slowly filling up with water and she's about to drown or being buried alive in a coffin all the while she's wearing this big fancy wedding gown just could be kind of fun.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Jan 1 2010, 11:51 PM
I hope whatever Vivan does it is ghastly...I mean, I want to see some ugly ass suffering.

It has been ages since we have seen a truly vile incident. I want this to be dark. I want to see shards of kamp, yes, I love the movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"...But I would not mind seeing some "Hostel".
Maybe it'll be a "Saw" type of scenario where Vivian wants Carly to kill herself in a really torturous way in order to save her daughter. That would be fun. In the end though, the writers will probably just have Vivian poison their food or something, LoL.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 1 2010, 11:55 PM
Dragonish1
Jan 1 2010, 11:51 PM

Maybe it'll be a "Saw" type of scenario where Vivian wants Carly to kill herself in a really torturous way in order to save her daughter. That would be fun. In the end though, the writers will probably just have Vivian poison their food or something, LoL.
Kenny, I would love that!.......But, you are right. They will never be daring. They will do something in their budget. lol I see a Salt shaker full of something other then salt in our future.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Maybe she'll sprinkle some kind of toxic powder on Carly's tampons. That would be inventive.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 2 2010, 12:07 AM
Maybe she'll sprinkle some kind of toxic powder on Carly's tampons. That would be inventive.
LMAO!

That would be a first.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Maybe if JER was writing we could see a toxic shock syndrome storyline, but now? Eh... I don't think so. ;)

cassie1013

Mason
Jan 1 2010, 11:46 PM
Hell yeah!

But really - I want to know how she tries and kills the daughter, too. She can't do buried alive again...can she?

cassie1013

Kenny
Jan 2 2010, 12:07 AM
God, that's sick!! Would DAYS be risky enough to do that, though? Methinks not.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I thought this was really interesting. Imagine a show actually planning a story ahead of time!

"Did you know when you signed on to play Carly you would have an older daughter?

Yes, I knew. Gary Tomlin (DAYS Co-EP) told me that back in June or July. So they had this pretty well thought out. I don’t mind being a soap mom, I really don’t"

DOOL1965

Mikegoldy
Jan 2 2010, 12:32 PM
I thought this was really interesting. Imagine a show actually planning a story ahead of time!

"Did you know when you signed on to play Carly you would have an older daughter?

Yes, I knew. Gary Tomlin (DAYS Co-EP) told me that back in June or July. So they had this pretty well thought out. I don’t mind being a soap mom, I really don’t"

So does this mean that they wrote a sl that would accomodate CC to get her to return? After reading several of CC interviews, I really think that the writers did this current sl of having separated Bo and Hope before Carly's return in order to pave the way so that they could write a sl that they knew CC would be willing to return to. If, so, shame on them for separating Bo and Hope just to get a useless character as Carly back. She is not worth it. If CC character Carly couldn't have returned and stood on her own two feet, then that should have proved that CC/Carly did not need to be brought back. She also said in another interview that she knew that Bo and Hope fans would be upset, but, SHE DIDN'T CARE, as long as the sl was interesting and exciting for HER. I found this to be a rude comment, as well as an insult and slap in the face to not only the Bo and Hope fans, but also to all DOOL fans. And in another interview, she said that she didn't want her character Carly to return as miss goody to shoes, so that the writers gave Carly an edge.
Edited by DOOL1965, Jan 2 2010, 01:02 PM.

AlteredStates

DOOL1965
Jan 2 2010, 01:00 PM
She also said in another interview that she knew that Bo and Hope fans would be upset, but, SHE DIDN'T CARE, as long as the sl was interesting and exciting for HER.

What a creative synopsis. Here's what she actually said:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/2009/news/days-crystal-chappell-and-peter-reckell-press-conference-call-chat-transcript/

As for Vivian's plan for Carly, Louise Sorel told Michael Fairman (at the Day of Days event) that it is "really sick." Whatever it is, it is not buried alive redux.

DOOL1965

AlteredStates
Jan 2 2010, 06:30 PM
DOOL1965
She also said in another interview that she knew that Bo and Hope fans would be upset, but, SHE DIDN'T CARE, as long as the sl was interesting and exciting for HER.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/2009/news/days-crystal-chappell-and-peter-reckell-press-conference-call-chat-transcript/

As for Vivian's plan for Carly, Louise Sorel told Michael Fairman (at the Day of Days event) that it is "really sick." Whatever it is, it is not buried alive redux.
The interview that I am talking about was in a soap magazine dated Dec.29, 2009, not this interview. The link that you give is a totally different interview. This interview is a different interview from the one that was in the soap magazine. These are two different interviews.
Edited by DOOL1965, Jan 2 2010, 07:28 PM.

AlteredStates

DOOL1965
Jan 2 2010, 07:28 PM
AlteredStates
DOOL1965

The interview that I am talking about was in a soap magazine dated Dec.29, 2009, not this interview. The link that you give is a totally different interview. This interview is a different interview from the one that was in the soap magazine. These are two different interviews.
Perhaps you're referring to the "A New Equation" sidebar (part of a Bo/Hope/Carly feature story in the Dec. 29 SOD) linked below in which CC says she's "happily willing to lose," anticipates many romantic entanglements on the show, and doesn't have a problem with fans resenting her character.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2zxowt3.png

If so, it's a far cry from singling out Bo and Hope fans and dissing them. In the same sidebar, PR says that Carly isn't really the wedge and that fan reaction has been more positive than he expected.

karmakatch63

DOOL1965
Jan 2 2010, 07:28 PM
AlteredStates
DOOL1965

Well, give a link, or the name of the magazine. If you are going to publicly trash someone, then provide a source that can be checked out, verified. Otherwise, this is nothing but hate mongering and disrespectful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply