Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days of our Un-SORASed Lives; an ongoing project
Topic Started: Jan 2 2010, 11:16 AM (92,930 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 1 - MAY 5, 1995
Lucas Roberts realized the only thing that would break off Carrie Brady & Austin Reed's engagement is for her sister Sami Brady to return home and tell Carrie that she slept with Austin. Carrie stopped Austin, who wanted to tell her that Sami was the "other woman" he slept with so there would be no secrets between them. Billie Reed still suspected the pilot of her mother Kate Roberts' plane had been drugged even though the thermos Vivian Alamain's dog dug up had been washed clean. Billie vowed to keep tabs on Vivian, who she believes had something to do with the plane crash. Vivian promised to help Lucas take Carrie away from Austin when he agreed to help Vivian take over his mother Kate's old job. Daniel Scott went out with Laura Horton to convince Peter Blake to pay him more blackmail money. The Devil foiled Kristen DiMera's Holy water test, but she still thinks Dr. Marlena Evans is possessed. The Devil repossessed Marlena by using her daughter Sami's voice and image to lure her out of the safety of a church.
NOTE: Nick Benedict returns as Curtis Reed (flashbacks) on May 2, 1995.

WEEK OF MAY 8 - MAY 12, 1995
Kristen DiMera learned from three scholars who translated the scrolls Father Francis had, that an evil would be unleashed in Salem when the stars fall and the moon goes dark. John Black didn't believe Kristen's talk about the prophecy. A possessed Dr. Marlena Evans plotted to get rid of Kristen because of what she knows. A possessed Marlena vowed revenge when John nixed making love. The Devil (Marlena) caused Shawn Brady to be bitten by a swarm of bees. While helping Gina with her police training, Bo Brady was reminded of his believed dead wife Hope Brady. Gina and Bo were unaware that a puzzlebox stolen during a pawn shop robbery could prove that Gina is really Hope. Thieves threw the puzzlebox in a trash can. Stefano DiMera ordered his adopted son Peter Blake to get him out of jail or he will tell Jennifer Horton of Peter's connection to Stefano. At Vivian Alamain's suggestion, Lucas Roberts threw an engagement party for Carrie Brady & his brother Austin Reed. Jennifer told her ex-husband Jack Devereaux what they once had is over.

WEEK OF MAY 15 - MAY 19, 1995
Lexie Carver was upset that her Aunt Frankie (Celeste Perrault) burned a letter Lexie's parents had left Frankie before they died. Celeste vowed that Lexie msut never know the truth about the letter. Jennifer Horton became worried about her ex-husband Jack Devereaux when he did not come home. Jennifer was surprised to later find Jack at the homeless shelter she was doing a story on. John Black rescued Kristen DiMera, whom Dr. Marlena Evans tied up and left on the roof of her building after Kristen learned Marlena really is possessed. John learned Marlena is possessed when he, Stefano DiMera, and Father Francis found her levitating above the bed. Stefano, who is out on bail, blamed himself for Marlena's condition. Father Francis told John that exorcism is the only thing that will save Marlena from the Devil. Bo Brady told Billie Reed (who I think are married, but I forget -- Matt) that he loves her after he helped Gina cope with a nightmare.

WEEK OF MAY 22 - MAY 26, 1995
John Black and Father Francis msut convince the bishop before an exorcism can be performed so they tak ehim to see Dr. Marlena Evans and arrive just in time to save Dr. Mike Horton and Caroline Brady. One look at Marlena floating above the bed is enough to get them the okay to try to drive out the Devil. Kristen DiMera is also enlisted to help the two priests as John blames her adoptive father Stefano DiMera for setting up the situation. The new Jack Devereaux wants his ex-wife Jennifer Horton to know what a rat Peter Blake is, for her own sake. Lucas Roberts gives Vivian Alamain an ultimatum to show proof that she is breaking up Carrie Brady & his brother Austin Reed's relationship. Meanwhile, as Carrie & Austin continue to make wedding plans, her sister Sami Brady's got plans of her own.
NOTE: Tara Reid begins as Ashley on May 24, 1995.

WEEK OF MAY 29 - JUNE 2, 1995
Realizing that her mechanizations have not gotten her closer to winning Victor Kiriakis' love, Vivian Alamain decided to be herself. Carrie Brady & Austin Reed made wedding plans, unaware that her sister Sami Brady is headed back to Salem with the intention of breaking them up and getting him for herself. Jack Devereaux and Gina became friendly. Bo Brady comforted Gina, who wants desperately to be his late wife Hope Brady. Bo told Gina that he is convinced Hope is dead. Gina had a Hope memory that was not in the memory book Stefano DiMera used to make her think she was Hope. Alice Horton realized the puzzlebox will prove Gina is her granddaughter Hope. Craig (I'm not sure who this is, but I'm sure it's not Craig Wesley -- Matt) donated the puzzlebox to a rummage sale. Father Francis, John Black, Kristen DiMera, and Caroline Brady began Dr. Marlena Evans' exorcism. John caught on when the Devil tried to take his soul by using an image of John's dead wife Isabella Black. Peter Blake failed in an attempt to get Jack to display his quick temper. Jennifer Horton was upset her daughter Abby Devereaux was injured by a doll Peter gave her.
NOTE: Staci Greason returns as a ghostly Isabella Toscano Black on May 31, 1995.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I have such a love.hate relationship with the possession. One of my favorite memories is this scene

Quote:

The Devil repossessed Marlena by using her daughter Sami's voice and image to lure her out of the safety of a church.

I was trying to find a clip last week. Gah! I still to this day wish they hadn't done the possession and still managed to have the vehicle of story they did have. The possession itself always bothered me, but everything that happened around it and within it was fantastic. All the threads and beats, ahhh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Apr 13 2010, 10:08 PM
I have such a love.hate relationship with the possession. One of my favorite memories is this scene

Quote:

The Devil repossessed Marlena by using her daughter Sami's voice and image to lure her out of the safety of a church.

I was trying to find a clip last week. Gah! I still to this day wish they hadn't done the possession and still managed to have the vehicle of story they did have. The possession itself always bothered me, but everything that happened around it and within it was fantastic. All the threads and beats, ahhh.
Here's the one with Sami.

And this is my personal favorite. Really just the beginning.

Edited by lysie, Apr 14 2010, 10:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Nothing showing up. Thanks for posting, anyway, lysie! Hopefully they'll work at some point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Apr 14 2010, 10:18 PM
Nothing showing up. Thanks for posting, anyway, lysie! Hopefully they'll work at some point.
How strange. I don't remember if I could see them earlier or not. Oh...I know the problem....and fixed, but I missed a perfect opportunity to blame the devil.
Edited by lysie, Apr 14 2010, 10:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Hoping that we get some more updates on this thread! I am totally reliving my teenage years again by reading these weekly synopses.

Hope everything is OK with you Matt!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Bumping for an update. Hope all is well with you Matt!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jaygibson77
Member Avatar

Me too. Looking forward to more!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

lysie
Apr 14 2010, 07:50 PM
Keith
Apr 13 2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Here's the one with Sami.

And this is my personal favorite. Really just the beginning.

wow..Ali Sweeney could actually act there.
Goto Top

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Hey Matt, I remember reading back in this thread that you have have issues with pain and typing. I'm not sure if that was in jest or not, but I thought I would volunteer to help post synopses if you need the help. You can PM me if you'd like some help.

Hope all is well with you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

jocelynel3
May 4 2010, 05:18 PM
Hey Matt, I remember reading back in this thread that you have have issues with pain and typing. I'm not sure if that was in jest or not, but I thought I would volunteer to help post synopses if you need the help. You can PM me if you'd like some help.

Hope all is well with you!
Matt's been posting elsewhere on the board.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jaygibson77
Member Avatar

Uh ... Bump???
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

This has been such a great read, from summarizing the years before I started watching through the time I was a regular watcher and then onward. I do have to comment on how wrong the synopses often were. I know someone pointed out a lot of the errors with Steve & Kayla, but I couldn't believe a lot of the mistakes about Shane & Kim. One that cracked me up was how I they described Kim telling Shane she was pregnant in one week, keeping it a secret in the next week, and then telling him again in the following week (which is when it actually happened).

Oh, and there was some discussion of when they actually divorced. It was before Christmas 1990. The divorce papers were waiting for Shane when he returned home from Alamainia. He signed them the same day that Kayla confirmed to Maggie that she was selling her house. After doing that, Kayla encouraged Shane to sign the divorce papers so, like she just had, he could move on with his life.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic