Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 1/4-1/8
Topic Started: Jan 2 2010, 10:48 PM (19,308 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion for Week of Jan. 4, 2010

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Suzanne Rogers just gets better with age.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I love that "Always" clip--so poignant.
Edited by Paxton, Jan 2 2010, 11:21 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kenny
Jan 2 2010, 11:13 PM
She really does. She's one of the few women I can think of that honestly is more beautiful now than she was 20 or 30 years ago.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this week. I think Suzanne is going to do some amazing work.

Plus there is going to be some good Vivian/Carly stuff as well.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I look forward to more of the Justin/Hope/Bo/Carly story. :)

The Mickey stuff is going to be heartbreaking. :(
Edited by Mirage75, Jan 3 2010, 12:33 AM.

cassie1013

Kenny
Jan 2 2010, 11:13 PM
She looks beautiful, I think.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Wesley Eure!

chante

hi, is this the week we find out who is working with anna?

DOOL1965

SR/Maggie looks so beautful. She too is an amazing actress. She is going to rock in these upcoming scenes. While Bo and Hope's love story will always be my favorite, Mickey and Maggie's is the next one.
Edited by DOOL1965, Jan 3 2010, 03:40 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

IMiss - thanks for the "Always" clip. Julie looks so beautiful and it was so good to see Alice. Sigh! Love that song!
I just can't see them doing stuff like that today.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DOOL1965
Jan 3 2010, 03:39 PM
SR/Maggie looks so beautful. She too is an amazing actress. She is going to rock in these upcoming scenes. While Bo and Hope's love story will always be my favorite, Mickey and Maggie's is the next one.
I dunno. The whole "Red Shoes" thing and Maggie not being able to walk....that's pretty hard to top..............that was some good mushy stuff, that. That would probably rank #1 with me. Although the Kayla being deaf and signing vows was pretty heart-rending, too.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

ladyofthelake
Jan 3 2010, 04:38 PM
DOOL1965
Jan 3 2010, 03:39 PM
I dunno. The whole "Red Shoes" thing and Maggie not being able to walk....that's pretty hard to top..............that was some good mushy stuff, that. That would probably rank #1 with me. Although the Kayla being deaf and signing vows was pretty heart-rending, too.
You know, it's amazing to look back and think about exactly how long Mickey & Maggie were stuck on that farm. Mickey suffered his stroke and wandered out of the hospital with amnesia in 1973 (and was presumed dead in the process) and ended up on Maggie's farm in Brookville calling himself Marty Hansen. With Mickey gone, Bill and Laura fell in love again. An amnesiac Mickey/Marty fell for crippled Maggie and they first married in 1974 (with Maggie on crutches). Maggie then found out who Mickey really was (and that he already had a wife), but kept the news from him out of fear that she'd lose him. When Tom saw Mickey/Marty's picture in a newspaper, he realized he was alive and went to Brookville. Unfortunately, seeing Tom brought back no memories for Mickey/Marty and he had no emotional attachment to Salem. He then divorced Laura (who finally married Bill at the end of 1974). Maggie had her surgery in 1975 (during which is the famous "red shoes" scene), but she still couldn't walk because of a psycosomatic fear that walking would cause her to lose Mickey. Mickey & Maggie returned to the farm (he still couldn't remember anything) and he helped with her recovery while Tom and Mike would visit hoping to jog his memory. His former lover Linda Phillip also made another play for Mickey during this time hoping to use his amnesia (and her daughter Melissa whom she still claimed was Mickey's) to her advantage. Fortunately, Maggie discovered the truth about Linda and nipped that in the bud (thanks to the help and information provided by Laura and Linda's ex Jim Phillips). It wasn't until 1976 when a young adult Mike was involved in an accident on the farm that required a blood transfusion that Mickey finally learned that he wasn't Mike's father. After the whole truth came out (Bill was Mike's father because he'd forced himself on Laura), all of Mickey's memory can back and pushed him off the deep end causing him to try and shoot Bill to death. Mickey had to be institutionalized (nearly catatonic) and it was at this point in 1976 that Marlena was introduced as one of Mickey's doctors. However, at this point, Mike STILL DIDN'T KNOW THE TRUTH -- until a whacked out and drugged Mickey told him the truth during a visit at the institution. Needless to say, Mike didn't take the lifetime of deception well and went off on Bill & Laura for hurting Mickey. Mickey eventually recovered & Maggie could walk again (she was on crutches for her first 3 years on the show!). Mickey & Maggie continued to live on the farm for years. Julie nearly had her face burned off when Maggie's farmhouse stove exploded in her face in 1979. I don't think it was until the early 80s until Maggie finally decided to sell the farm and she and Mickey moved to their lakehouse in Salem (I still remember that house with the double front doors with the big round door knobs).

esp13
Member Avatar

Sigh. I love Matt. I just learned more about Mickey and Maggie's history in that one post than I really knew before (I knew the broad outlines, but that's it).

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

esp13
Jan 3 2010, 05:54 PM
Sigh. I love Matt. I just learned more about Mickey and Maggie's history in that one post than I really knew before (I knew the broad outlines, but that's it).
I know. He just jiggled a lot of Days memory for me. I was watching that on and off as a teenager. My mom always watched that and The Doctors.

LovingDays

this week will be huge

-We will find out who's working with Anna
-Nicole going to jail/Trial
-A Horton Death Will Rock The Town

sungrey

I wholeheartedly agree with Matt. Yeah, Days was a half hour for two of those three years Mickey had amnesia and lived out on the farm with Maggie, but even so they crammed so much story into that three years. God bless the great Pat Falken Smith, she really knew how to write spectacular storylines when in the right situation.

jane1978

If Nathan saw the low cut minidress Stephanie choose for their New Year midnight date he would be like Melanie who? Good scenes with him and Phillip, finally JKJ has a screen adversary who is able to emote (greeting to BB).

Loved the raw emotion between Hope and Victor. And Bo´s sarcasm with Vivian. I hope Hope will try to open the puzzle box again I want to know what´s inside and what Hope will do with it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The day to day writing has been solid for awhile but the past few episodes have been on another level with all the history mentions and all the issues being addressed. It's really helping the stories to be even better.

For instance, today we finally got some focus on what this Nathan/Melanie/Philip mess has done and will do to Stephanie. For the first time in forever, she finally seems like a part of this story again. Really enjoyed this quad's scenes today. Good acting and writing. I loved when Stephanie got bitchy and walked out on helping Nathan. The Nathan/Melanie scenes were fantastic too.

The Victor/Hope scenes were wonderful. I also loved the Justin/Vivian and Bo/Carly stuff. That flashback of Bo/Carly...love it! The 2010 glasses Bo gave Carly were a nice touch and I love seeing Hope in detective mode and working with Justin.

Arianne Zucker and Eric Martsolf were great too. I loved how they remembered Brady's return to Salem and both wishes they both acted on their feelings.

So much story movement today and it was all done with great writing and character interactions. Other soaps need to take notes from Days, ATWT, and OLTL because it's what works.

PHELLE FOREVER

I cannot believe that these idiot writers are planning on taking Melanie out of the hot PHELANIE pairing, and change her on-screen partner, JKJ, who she has tremendous heat with, to put her with a sap like Nathan. There are no words!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply