Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 1/4-1/8
Topic Started: Jan 2 2010, 10:48 PM (19,443 Views)
UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

I thought Syd in EJ's arms, while he was singing to her was simply adorable. I also wondered how they managed to get that. Very high on the cuteness factor.

The swinging of the toy while talking to Sami was brilliant......finally this s/l is picking up again.

Mia/Will who? zzzzzzzzzz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I don't know if I'm just being charitable, but catching part of the repeat on SoapNet last night it seemed like Sami's hair wasn't as bad in the braid like maybe in the span of time between the court stuff was taped and the stuff at her place was taped maybe the show had touched up her roots so it wasn't as weird of a gray-yellow contrast?

I really liked Justin in the Justin-Bo scenes but Bo wearing the hot pink tie was so ridiculous to me. I mean first of all, Bo Brady should kind of not be wearing a tie ever unless he's at a wedding or something. Even if he is a police commish he should just have a jacket and nice shirt with no tie. But a HOT PINK tie? WTF? I can deal with men in like a light pink shirt or whatever or sometimes the pink power tie, but a dark blue shirt with hot pink tie? Ridiculous.

OliveAnn

jane1978
Jan 8 2010, 02:52 PM
The best moment from today´s show was the preview with Melanie entering the house. The look Julie shoot at her could kill Goliath. Only Molly can inspire writers to write entreé like this.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I don't see anything inspirational in Molly Burnett. Although she's improven a bit since she first came on and doesn't yell as much, she's still a bad actress and sucks in emotional scenes. And I dont't consider making faces good acting.

That aside, here's another thing I don't get. If Melanie dances around and smirks, it's cool and viewers enjoy it. But, if a real-life 19-year-old does it, then it's immature.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I loved the Justin/Bo scenes yesterday. Wally and Peter were wonderful in those scenes. Of course I'm on Justin's side. He really was hitting the truth in Bo's face. I love Bo's reaction he knew he was right. i was pleased with those scenes, I feared they were would all favor Bo, but it was evenly divided. I enjoyed it a lot.

I just wish that we were getting more Justin next week. :(

Maggie broke my heart yesterday. :( I just can't believe that Mickey is gone. :( SR and KA were great yesterday.

Everything else was FF for me.

six
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jan 9 2010, 01:08 PM
That aside, here's another thing I don't get. If Melanie dances around and smirks, it's cool and viewers enjoy it. But, if a real-life 19-year-old does it, then it's immature.
What's entertaining in real life is often different than what's entertaining in fiction, for some of us. Watching a soap is like going to a crazy party at a strangers' house, then going home, and leaving the hosts to deal with the aftermath.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Jan 9 2010, 01:22 PM
OliveAnn
What's entertaining in real life is often different than what's entertaining in fiction, for some of us. Watching a soap is like going to a crazy party at a strangers' house, then going home, and leaving the hosts to deal with the aftermath.
Love your analogy!

Olive, Melanie is one of my fav characters and I think Molly B. has tons of potential BUT all of the stuff you said has some degree of truth for me. Those are some of the habits that drive me nuts and I've posted before that she seems to have wrung all she can from being on a soap and it's time to move on to see if she does have what it takes.

Days4Life

six
OliveAnn
Great analogy! And so true. Even my most favorite characters that entertain me the most would drive me crazy in real life.

I love Melanie, but even I can only take her in small doses. If they ever intend to give her a front-burner storyline with lots of air time, they will have to tone her down. Some of her mannerisms are extremely annoying
Edited by Days4Life, Jan 9 2010, 01:34 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OliveAnn
jane1978
Jan 8 2010, 02:52 PM
The best moment from today´s show was the preview with Melanie entering the house. The look Julie shoot at her could kill Goliath. Only Molly can inspire writers to write entreé like this.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I don't see anything inspirational in Molly Burnett. Although she's improven a bit since she first came on and doesn't yell as much, she's still a bad actress and sucks in emotional scenes. And I dont't consider making faces good acting.

You're not alone in this feeling. I think she carries the perky thing a bit too far. She definitely doesn't act like someone who has done all she did in Paris.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Days4Life
Jan 9 2010, 01:30 PM
six
OliveAnn
Great analogy! And so true. Even my most favorite characters that entertain me the most would drive me crazy in real life.
But for me, I just feel like Molly is thinking "Oh, turn on perky!" and she does it. It's like a little kid:
"Oh, look at me. Aren't I so cute and perky! Everyone, follow my sunshine!"
It just doesn't ring sincere for me, and maybe that's just me. I've seen perky college kids. I've seen perky college kids that are just perpetually happy and sincere and want everyone else to be happy and I've seen kids that age who act that way just for the attention. I just get the feeling Melanie (character or actress, I'm not sure) is the latter. I could be all wet about that, though.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Edited by Kirk, Jan 9 2010, 02:33 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

ladyofthelake
Jan 9 2010, 01:35 PM
I could be all wet about that, though.
Care to explain? :P
Edited by Kirk, Jan 9 2010, 02:33 PM.

Taelyn

dooldooldool
Jan 9 2010, 04:13 AM
BalscoFan5
Jan 8 2010, 02:19 PM
Even though I think what EJ is doing is WRONG,the scene with him singing to Sydney was cute.
I had just the reverse reaction. It sounded chilling and scary. And I just Loved Loved Loved how every "scene" of Sydney in her crib while Daddy was flouncing around had Sydney SCOWLING. That baby never scowls. She is always shown so peppy and smiling and happy. Enter Daddy Elvis and his bellowing and that smile got turned upside down. They appeared to use the same Sydney clip repeatedly and she was not a Happy Camper.
Thats exactly what happened..
But as we know some people see what they want to see, and usually as long as EJ is smiling it does not matter how unhappy those around him are.. It is afterall only *His* feelings that matter. LOL

Poor Little Sydney looked miserable and angry and ready to bust a gasket.. but .. who cares, as long as her daddy EJ is happy and getting what he wants .. to hell with those he hurts including Sydney.

But again I admit Im loving it because it sets the path for the solid future of Safe.

I did see some Anna/EJ Chemistry although she should be old enough to be his mother.. Im still hoping for him developing an obsession for Arianna, or poerhaps some new face.. I also wonder if they will address his divorce soon.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jan 9 2010, 04:08 PM
dooldooldool
BalscoFan5
Even though I think what EJ is doing is WRONG,the scene with him singing to Sydney was cute.
I had just the reverse reaction. It sounded chilling and scary. And I just Loved Loved Loved how every "scene" of Sydney in her crib while Daddy was flouncing around had Sydney SCOWLING. That baby never scowls. She is always shown so peppy and smiling and happy. Enter Daddy Elvis and his bellowing and that smile got turned upside down. They appeared to use the same Sydney clip repeatedly and she was not a Happy Camper.
But as we know some people see what they want to see, and usually as long as EJ is smiling it does not matter how unhappy those around him are.. It is afterall only *His* feelings that matter. LOL

Poor Little Sydney looked miserable and angry and ready to bust a gasket.. but .. who cares, as long as her daddy EJ is happy and getting what he wants .. to hell with those he hurts including Sydney.

I loved the EJ and Sydney scenes but I too saw the quiver lip the baby was about to bust out. I just was so amazed that the baby was laying on James' chest like she was about to fall asleep but then she was making the lip.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kirk
Jan 9 2010, 02:33 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 9 2010, 01:35 PM
I could be all wet about that, though.
Care to explain? :P
Get your mind out of the gutter. There IS a different definition to that phrase, you know. :huh: :P

Days4Life

My reaction to the EJ/Sydney scenes and her cute little pout was that she needed a nap. That's probably why she was lying so quietly on EJ's chest--she was worn out and wanted to go to sleep! Although the pout could have been expressing that she just wanted the grown ups to quit bickering and take her home. I imagine she really misses Nicole, who she believes is her mother. Sami's one afternoon with her wasn't really enough to take over the role. I really wish there was a way to shape this story so that Nicole could end up with Sydney!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 9 2010, 04:14 PM
Taelyn
Jan 9 2010, 04:08 PM
dooldooldool
BalscoFan5

I loved the EJ and Sydney scenes but I too saw the quiver lip the baby was about to bust out. I just was so amazed that the baby was laying on James' chest like she was about to fall asleep but then she was making the lip.
I guess when it's nap time all bets are off. She did manage to hold it together though.

She was adorable laying on James' chest though. :wub:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

OMG. I'm just watching Friday's show now.

The elevator scenes with Carly and Vivian are so delicious.

I can't believe Anna is indeed working with EJ! I so never expected that. Its awesome to finally see Sami facing some payback for her poor decisions.

Kenny
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Jan 9 2010, 07:24 PM
The elevator scenes with Carly and Vivian are so delicious.
I loved those scenes. Louise Sorel was delightfully frightening. I've been watching clips of the Buried Alive storyline on YouTube (I've posted a few of them below) and I still can't believe that these two characters are back on the show together. I feel like I need to pinch myself when I turn the TV on and see them on the screen. LoL. Louise Sorel has only gotten better with age.

Anyway, what I particularly liked about the elevator scenes was how Carly remembered being buried alive in the middle of her panic attack. It really added to the drama and made it all the more uncomfortable/exciting to watch. And Vivian strolling by with that smirk on her face as she snacked on chips while listening to Carly's screams was just hilarious. It's all making me very antsy for Vivian to put her plot for revenge into action, because I love her best when she's at her nastiest...

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

In the original burried alive scene while Carly is in the coffin, why does it look like there is wind blowing?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2010, 12:25 AM
In the original burried alive scene while Carly is in the coffin, why does it look like there is wind blowing?
For dramatic effect? LoL.

Who knows, really. Vivian put all kind of crazy stuff in that coffin. She had speakers installed in the lid of it and she put a little tube in it for Carly to drink out of and she put a little light in it so Carly could see. Maybe she put a fan in it at as well so Carly wouldn't overheat. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply