Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bryan Dattilo speaks out on DAYS exit
Topic Started: Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM (4,315 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Dattilo Speaks Out on DAYS Exit

Bryan R. Dattilo (Lucas) opens up to Digest about leaving Salem. "I have no bad feelings at all toward anybody," he says. "I don't feel like I've been wronged. I just kind of feel like it happened because it needed to happen. The show is a great show and always will be. I hope it lasts long and I hope that the ratings are soaring and I wish nothing but good for everyone there. I love everyone there." As for why he didn't go back to film his last episode, he explains, "I had one more episode to do after the vacation when Gary [Tomlin, co-executive producer] told me they weren't renewing my contract. And in the scenes, I literally had two lines and came in at the end of the scene and said something to Rafe like, 'Leave Sami alone,' then walked away. It was very uneventful and Gary even said, 'You don't need to come in for that last episode if you don't want to.' At the time, I was like, 'No, I'll come in; that's cool.' And then when I got home and read the episode, where I really didn't say much and nothing happened, I thought, 'If that's going to be my last episode, I don't want to go out like that.' " For the full interview with Dattilo, check out an upcoming issue of Digest.

http://soapoperadigest.com/features/days-of-our-lives/features/dattilo_speaks_out/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

WHAT? Sami and Rafe will be sharing scenes . . . how unusual. This exit just seems weird, but I have to admire Bryan in a way, though I'm not a fan, for not wanting his last moments onscreen to be propping/protecting Sami.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Someone got the big old shaft.

Oh well, at least Dattilo proved he's a class act. I really hope OLTL is still looking for a Joey and grabs Dattilo for that role.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:02 PM

Oh well, at least Dattilo proved he's a class act. I really hope OLTL is still looking for a Joey and grabs Dattilo for that role.
OLTL doesn't need ANOTHER mediocre actor on their cast, thank you very much.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I love this guy. Great attitude.

I just have to think to myself that this isn't the end for Lucas, and that is why this is the way it is.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM
"I literally had two lines and came in at the end of the scene and said something to Rafe like, 'Leave Sami alone,' then walked away. It was very uneventful..."
What a shame.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Wow.

Speechless.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Bryan is completely classy.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 04:05 PM
Angie79
Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM
"I literally had two lines and came in at the end of the scene and said something to Rafe like, 'Leave Sami alone,' then walked away. It was very uneventful..."
What a shame.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wish he socked Rafe too... LOL Sorry, the Lumi fan in me is coming out.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Too bad they didn't write a decent scene for him for his last epi.

BillieD
Member Avatar

Wow. "Leave Sami alone" and then gone? The level of disgust I feel for this show at times. :drunk:
They are totally disrespectful. At least have Lucas say he's leaving town and let him say his goodbyes to his loved ones. Or let him die so Salem (as well as his fans) can properly mourn him.

Thanks for posting, Angie.

BillieD
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jan 5 2010, 04:06 PM
Bryan is completely classy.
Yeah..he looks like a total gentleman and they look like a bunch of douchebags.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Well this clears up why peeps didn't know it was Bryan's last episode. However, I can't blame him for not doing his last show. He deserved a much better exit than what he got.

Bryan is a good guy and showed class here. I wish him well in the future.

six
Member Avatar

I don't blame him for not going in for that last scene. Kudos to him for handling things with taste.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
DrewHamilton

But he may be good with better directors. Before Gigi became Mimi again, Farah Fath was rocking when she first came onto the show and for several months afterwards. I think it has a lot to do with the show and the directors and such. It seems like the DAYS actors are allowed to go onto the set and just act any certain way. Dattilo has proven that he can be somewhat decent in the past. I think OLTL could do wonders for him.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:11 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton

But he may be good with better directors. Before Gigi became Mimi again, Farah Fath was rocking when she first came onto the show and for several months afterwards. I think it has a lot to do with the show and the directors and such. It seems like the DAYS actors are allowed to go onto the set and just act any certain way. Dattilo has proven that he can be somewhat decent in the past. I think OLTL could do wonders for him.
With a character like Joey, they shouldn't be taking the risk. Period.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:12 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:11 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton

With a character like Joey, they shouldn't be taking the risk. Period.
They did it before with one of those twins from PSNS. He sucked! And I felt he was way too young for the role. Dattilo would be perfect! And could you imagine Dorian getting her old boytoy back? La Strasser and Dattilo would be hot together! I've always wanted Lucas to go after a cougar. I think it fits his character given his mommy complex, thanks to Kate.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 5 2010, 04:14 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I smell a recast or him returning pretty quickly a la his 2001 exit where he returned less then a year later. Bryan seemed pretty bitter in his last SOD interview when he returned from hiatus and while I know he is smart enough to burn his bridges, just the way things seem between him and the show suggests to me that the character is not done and PERHAPS the actor is not done for good. We'll see. I'm not saying Bryan or the the character will return right away but a year or so down the road...I can definitely see it.

This is sad though. Even if you plan to recast or bring Bryan back at some point, they could at least provide some closure. It almost seems like this was a last minute decision. I do think someone had a plan for him. There seems to have been a divide somewhere and whoever wanted the character gone right now won. I don't blame him for not coming in for that last episode. That was a waste. The only thing worse was what happened at Shelle's wedding with Lexie. It was supposed to be Renee Jones' last episode and all we got was her in like one scene sitting with Abe at a table.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 5 2010, 04:15 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 04:14 PM
I smell a recast or him returning pretty quickly a la his 2001 exit where he returned less then a year later. Bryan seemed pretty bitter in his last SOD interview when he returned from hiatus and while I know he is smart enough to burn his bridges, just the way things seem between him and the show suggests to me that the character is not done and PERHAPS the actor is not done for good. We'll see. I'm not saying Bryan or the the character will return right away but a year or so down the road...I can definitely see it.
I bet you're still waiting for Steve and Kayla to come back as well. You didn't think they would stay gone for long either. :lol:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Good luck to BD....wish tptb would've given him a better send off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply