Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bryan Dattilo speaks out on DAYS exit
Topic Started: Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM (4,411 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:14 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:12 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:11 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:02 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But he may be good with better directors. Before Gigi became Mimi again, Farah Fath was rocking when she first came onto the show and for several months afterwards. I think it has a lot to do with the show and the directors and such. It seems like the DAYS actors are allowed to go onto the set and just act any certain way. Dattilo has proven that he can be somewhat decent in the past. I think OLTL could do wonders for him.
With a character like Joey, they shouldn't be taking the risk. Period.
They did it before with one of those twins from PSNS. He sucked! And I felt he was way too young for the role. Dattilo would be perfect! And could you imagine Dorian getting her old boytoy back? La Strasser and Dattilo would be hot together! I've always wanted Lucas to go after a cougar. I think it fits his character given his mommy complex, thanks to Kate.
Exactly, they tried it before and they failed. The next time Joey is cast they have to choose an actor who had proven to be a powerhouse. Not someone who may have SOME talent. And, Strasser would be hot with ANYONE! That's why she's the best. We don't need Dattilo on this show to prove that. One Days reject is ENOUGH!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton
Someone got the big old shaft.

Oh well, at least Dattilo proved he's a class act. I really hope OLTL is still looking for a Joey and grabs Dattilo for that role.
OLTL doesn't need ANOTHER mediocre actor on their cast, thank you very much.
But he may be good with better directors. Before Gigi became Mimi again, Farah Fath was rocking when she first came onto the show and for several months afterwards. I think it has a lot to do with the show and the directors and such. It seems like the DAYS actors are allowed to go onto the set and just act any certain way. Dattilo has proven that he can be somewhat decent in the past. I think OLTL could do wonders for him.
I agree. I think Bryan needs a strong SUPPORTING role in a show. He's not a lead actor.

Also, I firmly believe Farah Fath doing better on OLTL falls in line with Austin Peck doing better on ATWT. Sure, the directors may help BUT the characters they played at those shows suited them both better then their Days characters. It fit both their personalities. Same goes for Kirstem Storms on GH. Farah Fath was good on Days when she was supporting and a sidekick. The character back then suited her personality and OLTL did the same thing early on with her and once she became this leading heroine type she fell off the rails, just like she did at Days.

Some actors need to be supporting and need to play characters that suit who they are. Farah, Austin, Kirsten, and Bryan are those type of actors IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Even if you plan to recast or bring Bryan back at some point, they could at least provide some closure.
I still fail to see why they would recast Lucas after all these years. Talk about the ultimate slap in the face.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:16 PM
PhoenixRising05
I smell a recast or him returning pretty quickly a la his 2001 exit where he returned less then a year later. Bryan seemed pretty bitter in his last SOD interview when he returned from hiatus and while I know he is smart enough to burn his bridges, just the way things seem between him and the show suggests to me that the character is not done and PERHAPS the actor is not done for good. We'll see. I'm not saying Bryan or the the character will return right away but a year or so down the road...I can definitely see it.
I bet you're still waiting for Steve and Kayla to come back as well. You didn't think they would stay gone for long either. :lol:
So? What does one have to do with the other? LOL.

It's just the sense I get. I could be wrong, like I was with Steve and Kayla. It's not like I'm acting like an authority on the subject :laugh: .

Ana75
Member Avatar

Bryan is beyond classy!! He is the best.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:17 PM
DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton

They did it before with one of those twins from PSNS. He sucked! And I felt he was way too young for the role. Dattilo would be perfect! And could you imagine Dorian getting her old boytoy back? La Strasser and Dattilo would be hot together! I've always wanted Lucas to go after a cougar. I think it fits his character given his mommy complex, thanks to Kate.
Exactly, they tried it before and they failed. The next time Joey is cast they have to choose an actor who had proven to be a powerhouse. Not someone who may have SOME talent. And, Strasser would be hot with ANYONE! That's why she's the best. We don't need Dattilo on this show to prove that. One Days reject is ENOUGH!
You shut your mouth right now and let me remain hopeful to see Dattilo wind up on OLTL as Viki's youngest son.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I hope BD finds work somewhere else.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 04:18 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello

I agree. I think Bryan needs a strong SUPPORTING role in a show. He's not a lead actor.

Also, I firmly believe Farah Fath doing better on OLTL falls in line with Austin Peck doing better on ATWT. Sure, the directors may help BUT the characters they played at those shows suited them both better then their Days characters. It fit both their personalities. Same goes for Kirstem Storms on GH. Farah Fath was good on Days when she was supporting and a sidekick. The character back then suited her personality and OLTL did the same thing early on with her and once she became this leading heroine type she fell off the rails, just like she did at Days.

Some actors need to be supporting and need to play characters that suit who they are. Farah, Austin, Kirsten, and Bryan are those type of actors IMO.
That's a good point as well. Dattilo will NEVER be a lead actor. When Joey is brought back to OLTL, he'll eventually need to be.

And the Farah example is extremely weak. She was okay in the beginning but she's sucked major balls for months now, which Dattilo would easily fall back into as well. Again I say, no more Days rejects!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 04:19 PM
PhoenixRising05
Even if you plan to recast or bring Bryan back at some point, they could at least provide some closure.
I still fail to see why they would recast Lucas after all these years. Talk about the ultimate slap in the face.
It would be, which is why they probably would do it.

I think there were issues with Bryan and TPTB. There was a clear divide between people who wanted him to stay and people who didn't. I mean, you even had Judie Henniger on Twitter asking fans for story ideas for him. I don't think they would've bothered bringing him back from rehab or even bothering to send him off to rehab just to have him fade off like this. There was very little turn around time. Something changed and the side that wanted him gone won out.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05
I smell a recast or him returning pretty quickly a la his 2001 exit where he returned less then a year later. Bryan seemed pretty bitter in his last SOD interview when he returned from hiatus and while I know he is smart enough to burn his bridges, just the way things seem between him and the show suggests to me that the character is not done and PERHAPS the actor is not done for good. We'll see. I'm not saying Bryan or the the character will return right away but a year or so down the road...I can definitely see it.
I bet you're still waiting for Steve and Kayla to come back as well. You didn't think they would stay gone for long either. :lol:

It's just the sense I get. I could be wrong, like I was with Steve and Kayla. It's not like I'm acting like an authority on the subject :laugh: .
Always the optimist. :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:20 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello

You shut your mouth right now and let me remain hopeful to see Dattilo wind up on OLTL as Viki's youngest son.
That's what fan-fics are for. If that ever became reality, it would be extremely painful and sad.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:22 PM
PhoenixRising05
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05

Always the optimist. :lol:
You know it! :laugh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton

That's what fan-fics are for. If that ever became reality, it would be extremely painful and sad.
When it happens, I hope you choke on your words. :wub: :wave: :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:24 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello

I'll probably die of embarrassment from him stinking up the screen first. I really don't see why you want OLTL to be canceled even faster than it normally would.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:26 PM
DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton

I'll probably die of embarrassment from him stinking up the screen first. I really don't see why you want OLTL to be canceled even faster than it normally would.
Ha! If OLTL hasn't been cancelled with Melissa Archer leading the show for most of her run, and only recently developing actual talent, then Dattilo won't cause it either. ;)
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 5 2010, 04:27 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:27 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello

Ha! If OLTL hasn't been cancelled with Natalie Archer leading the show for most of her run, and only recently developing actual talent, then Dattilo won't either. ;)
Please, comparing the two is like comparing Gold with Shit. It shouldn't be done.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:28 PM
DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton

Ha! If OLTL hasn't been cancelled with Natalie Archer leading the show for most of her run, and only recently developing actual talent, then Dattilo won't either. ;)
Please, comparing the two is like comparing Gold with Shit. It shouldn't be done.
Dattilo = Gold, Archer = Shit.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ LMAO!

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:29 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello

Now you're just saying crap to get a rise out of me. Is it fun writing such illogical nonsense?
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:30 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:29 PM
Amello
DrewHamilton

Now you're just saying crap to get a rise out of me. Is it fun writing such illogical nonsense?
:lol: It is actually. But it's how I feel.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply