Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bryan Dattilo speaks out on DAYS exit
Topic Started: Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM (4,301 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:31 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:30 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:29 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:28 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Dattilo = Gold, Archer = Shit.
Now you're just saying crap to get a rise out of me. Is it fun writing such illogical nonsense?
:lol: It is actually. But it's how I feel.
LOL. Okay, let's back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kudos to BD for handling everything well! I have a feeling that when Sami is done with Rafe, Lucas will come back into the picture.
Here's to seeing you again, Lucas!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I'm not a huge Lucas fan but I think tptb have squandered story lines and the potential of the character for a few years. Lucas's family, personal history and personal issues provide so many avenues for story but has instead he's been the town cuckold for too long. One or the weaknesses of this show is that no one character can ever remain single and deal with any issues outside of relationships....it's always a short unsatisfying run to true love.

lene
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:27 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:26 PM

Ha! If OLTL hasn't been cancelled with Natalie Archer leading the show for most of her run, and only recently developing actual talent, then Dattilo won't either. ;)
Please, comparing the two is like comparing Gold with Shit. It shouldn't be done.
oh please, neither of them are gold.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 04:21 PM
Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 04:19 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 04:14 PM
Even if you plan to recast or bring Bryan back at some point, they could at least provide some closure.
I still fail to see why they would recast Lucas after all these years. Talk about the ultimate slap in the face.
It would be, which is why they probably would do it.

I think there were issues with Bryan and TPTB. There was a clear divide between people who wanted him to stay and people who didn't. I mean, you even had Judie Henniger on Twitter asking fans for story ideas for him. I don't think they would've bothered bringing him back from rehab or even bothering to send him off to rehab just to have him fade off like this. There was very little turn around time. Something changed and the side that wanted him gone won out.
Well if they recast the character after 17 years while the actor that created him is available for work that just might be worse than them actually getting rid of the actor to begin with. IT could be that there was a divide somehow, or it can be that GT just doesn't want to put Lucas straight up against Rafe for Sami's affections, or have him anywhere near Sami and Rafe. You know what I think happened, I do think they had a plan for Lucas but not for this winter....maybe something down the line after the switch is officially over (if that ever happens) and after the coming up "A" storyline (Carly's daughter reveal) gets fully underway....I think that Sami is going to need some help down the road when she finds out about Rafe's past....and maybe just maybe...Lucas might be seen in Salem again when that is about to happen...maybe he even comes back with Emily in hand? Maybe sometime around May or something? Now wouldn't that be entertaining.....lol. I strongly feel that we will see Sami and Rafe move to backburner a bit as his past comes out...Ej/Arianna dueling with Bricole will move to the "b" storyline.....I see BD coming back down the road...they weren't writing for Lucas much since GT took the helm...Lucloe failed but they could have made it a bit more rootable by not taking Lucas out of his own triangle....sorry but either GT doesn't like the character of Lucas, BD the actor or BD simply had enough and wanted out as much as they wanted him out.

ilovemydays

Thanks for posting this Angie. I really admire Bryan for his exiting statement.
He's a good guy that deserved better. I hope he gets something soon. He has a lot of unhappy fans rooting for him.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I would have liked to hear Lucas say that line to Rafe.

This interview warms my heart. BD manned up.

Thanks for posting.

soapfan1

I think Bryan has handled the situation well.I don't blame him for not wanting to go back to just say two lines lol.I have a feeling it's not the last we have seen of Lucas.By not writing him out,I think they are leaving the door open for him to return in the future.I never thought Anna would return after she was last seen slapping Stefano after Tony's death,but the writers decided to bring her back to kidnap Sydney.A year ago,I would never have thought Carly and Vivian would be back but they are.I think when the time is right,Lucas will be back too.

jasam840

Ally
Jan 5 2010, 04:06 PM
Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 04:05 PM
Angie79
Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM
"I literally had two lines and came in at the end of the scene and said something to Rafe like, 'Leave Sami alone,' then walked away. It was very uneventful..."
What a shame.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wish he socked Rafe too... LOL Sorry, the Lumi fan in me is coming out.

lol same here

oldschoolfan

Bryan is a classy guy. He also will be looking for other work too, so I understand him being like, hope the ratings go through the roof and you are sucessful. Who wants to hire a disgruntled employee? Hope he finds a show with much better treatment of his character. What is it with this show that the vets are just given thier walking papers and told see ya without giving them and thier fans a good sendoff?

kitkat
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 5 2010, 04:54 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 04:21 PM
Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 04:19 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 04:14 PM
Even if you plan to recast or bring Bryan back at some point, they could at least provide some closure.
I still fail to see why they would recast Lucas after all these years. Talk about the ultimate slap in the face.
It would be, which is why they probably would do it.

I think there were issues with Bryan and TPTB. There was a clear divide between people who wanted him to stay and people who didn't. I mean, you even had Judie Henniger on Twitter asking fans for story ideas for him. I don't think they would've bothered bringing him back from rehab or even bothering to send him off to rehab just to have him fade off like this. There was very little turn around time. Something changed and the side that wanted him gone won out.
Well if they recast the character after 17 years while the actor that created him is available for work that just might be worse than them actually getting rid of the actor to begin with. IT could be that there was a divide somehow, or it can be that GT just doesn't want to put Lucas straight up against Rafe for Sami's affections, or have him anywhere near Sami and Rafe. You know what I think happened, I do think they had a plan for Lucas but not for this winter....maybe something down the line after the switch is officially over (if that ever happens) and after the coming up "A" storyline (Carly's daughter reveal) gets fully underway....I think that Sami is going to need some help down the road when she finds out about Rafe's past....and maybe just maybe...Lucas might be seen in Salem again when that is about to happen...maybe he even comes back with Emily in hand? Maybe sometime around May or something? Now wouldn't that be entertaining.....lol. I strongly feel that we will see Sami and Rafe move to backburner a bit as his past comes out...Ej/Arianna dueling with Bricole will move to the "b" storyline.....I see BD coming back down the road...they weren't writing for Lucas much since GT took the helm...Lucloe failed but they could have made it a bit more rootable by not taking Lucas out of his own triangle....sorry but either GT doesn't like the character of Lucas, BD the actor or BD simply had enough and wanted out as much as they wanted him out.
ITA with the essence of this post that the only person to truley be an interloper to Sami and Rafe is Lucas. Lucas and Sami had something wonderful, and they still do... an ultimate friendship... This friendship is both on and off screen. Two characters who have learned to lean on each other, when he puts his arm around her and she leans her head on his shoulder, you can just hear fans say.... ah! I loved Lumi and still remember their moments together with a great smile. EJ and Sami never really had anything other than questionable chemistry and similar naughty backgrounds. But EJ could never let Sami have a real shot at seeing if there could be anything real there, instead he decided that she would never choose him of her own complete choice so he manipulated the situation and now he's doing it again.... Lucas and Sami were very sweet together, if he goes to another soap, let me know which one... But I wish, he would just return to Days....

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:24 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:22 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:20 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:17 PM

You shut your mouth right now and let me remain hopeful to see Dattilo wind up on OLTL as Viki's youngest son.
That's what fan-fics are for. If that ever became reality, it would be extremely painful and sad.
When it happens, I hope you choke on your words. :wub: :wave: :lol:
Drew, if it makes you feel any better, I'm rooting with ya! (Even though I have no clue who Joey is, so I might be wrong). BUT, I'm going to play eternal optimist here, just cause I'd like to see him have a chance.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:26 PM

Ha! If OLTL hasn't been cancelled with Natalie Archer leading the show for most of her run, and only recently developing actual talent, then Dattilo won't either. ;)
Please, comparing the two is like comparing Gold with Shit. It shouldn't be done.
Hey, wait, I take that back. I LIKE Melissa Archer! Hell, now I don't know who to side with...Amello or Drew! :drunk:

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Jan 5 2010, 08:26 PM
DrewHamilton
Amello
DrewHamilton

Hey, wait, I take that back. I LIKE Melissa Archer! Hell, now I don't know who to side with...Amello or Drew! :drunk:
You MUST choose or ... something bad that I can't think of ... will happen!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 08:27 PM
ladyofthelake
DrewHamilton
Amello

Tiebreaker, then.................

CHOOSE!

Cristian or Rex.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

six
Jan 5 2010, 04:10 PM
I don't blame him for not going in for that last scene. Kudos to him for handling things with taste.
I agree.

What a bizarre way they wanted to send him off. I still don't get the point of not having a real exit other than they just want to shove him in the offscreen attic to take Mickey's place there.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Jan 5 2010, 08:28 PM
Amello
Jan 5 2010, 08:27 PM
ladyofthelake
DrewHamilton

Tiebreaker, then.................

CHOOSE!

Cristian or Rex.
You realize nowadays Rex will lose EVERYTIME! LOL No one likes him anymore. Though still makes things work for me ... if you know what I mean! ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

It's a shame TPTB couldn't come up with something better for Lucas if they knew it was going to be his last day. After 17 years, going out as a prop to Safe is just so wrong. :shame:

I hope he finds work soon. :)

kitkat
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Jan 5 2010, 08:53 PM
It's a shame TPTB couldn't come up with something better for Lucas if they knew it was going to be his last day. After 17 years, going out as a prop to Safe is just so wrong. :shame:

I hope he finds work soon. :)
ITA, don't blame him for not wanting to go say that line... I still think there was two story lines that screwed the future of his character that was him shooting EJ (or admitting to the shooting, I will always believer it was Will) and going to jail and the whole Chloe situation... My vote for the worst was the latter. Chloe seems to choke the potential of every male character she's put with, run Daniel run, while there's still time!!!
Edited by kitkat, Jan 5 2010, 10:06 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Amello
Jan 5 2010, 04:02 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 5 2010, 04:02 PM
Someone got the big old shaft.

Oh well, at least Dattilo proved he's a class act. I really hope OLTL is still looking for a Joey and grabs Dattilo for that role.
OLTL doesn't need ANOTHER mediocre actor on their cast, thank you very much.
its amazing how people improve when they're away from the overall awfulness of Days...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply