Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Love is a Many Splendored Thing Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 5 2010, 10:22 PM (527 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Love is a Many Splendored Thing
1967 - 1973

Discuss Love is a Many Splendored Thing here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RutherfordBHayes

Be still my heart...I have tickets to see Andrea Marcovicci )Dr. Betsy Chernak)on stage as 'Coco Chanel' in NYC on Saturday, Sept. 11. I have wanted to see her for years!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

RutherfordBHayes
Aug 29 2010, 08:23 PM
Be still my heart...I have tickets to see Andrea Marcovicci )Dr. Betsy Chernak)on stage as 'Coco Chanel' in NYC on Saturday, Sept. 11. I have wanted to see her for years!
So excited for you! I've never really gotten to see her in much of anything, but I do remember enjoying her on Berringers'.

RutherfordBHayes

I had to cancel my reservation to see Andrea marcovicci, as my wife is having emergency surgery. I am so disappointed at not seeing Andrea, but my place is with my wife. She is 25 years older than me.

RutherfordBHayes

I have wonderful memories of 'Love is a Many Splendored Thing.' Andrea Marcovicci has performed in my area many times, but, alas, my health issues have prevented me from seeing her. The last time, I actually had tickets for one of her performances, and, ironically, it was my wife who ended up in the hospital (with emergency gall bladder surgery) -- see above post.

Bibi Besch graduated from the same high school as my mother.

Meredith Baxter has come out (no pun intended) with a new book that details the spousal abuse she suffered at the hands of her former husband and co-star David Birney. i remember the series so well, 'Bridget Loves Bernie,' where the two met. It was quite controversial back in the day...a Catholic girl marrying a Jewish guy, I was brought up Catholic and enjoyed the show tremendously.

Of course, I love David Birney since we happen to share the same birthday.

I've always been keenly sensitive to domestic violence issues. A dear friend of mine was a victim of domestic violence and, sadly, spent 8 years in state prison. One night, her boyfriend had his hands wrapped around her neck in a bar, threatening to kill her. Both had been drinking. They went home, my friend blacked out, and when she came to, she found her boyfriend stabbed to death.
She, initially, thought that it was a suicide and told the police. Sadly, it was not ruled a suicide, and my friend was arrested. To this day, 13 years after this terrible night, my friend does not remember the incident at all. She does remember fearing for her life, and was convinced that she was going to end up dead.
She had been with this guy for quite some time. He was a volunteer fireman and his nickname was 'Hot Pie' because he liked pizza.
As any Psychology book will tell you, most domestic violence cases will involve a person who goes from one violent situation to another. My friend, as it turns out, fits the psychological mudel to a tee. We all remmember the late Farrah Fawcett's chilling performance in the TV movie 'The Woman in the Burning Bed,' in which her husband set the bedon fire with her in it. Well, the same thing happened to my friend when she was with her (first) husband.
So, I am aware of domestic violence.

We may never truly know what happened to Meredith Baxter and David Birney. None of us are privy to what goes on behind closed doors. On one hand, I want to side with David Birney, but his silence, so far, about Meredith's upcoming book speaks volumes. Meredith has always portrayed strong women in all her TV and TV movie roles, so, I find it a little bit hard to believe that she was not as strong in real life.

I will buy the book and make my determination then.

We shall see...

RutherfordBHayes

I found this article today (March 5). After reading this, I tend to believe David Birney...
David Birney is denying that he abused ex wife, Meredith Baxter. Meredith, who recently penned a tell-all book about her life, claims that she suffered physical and verbal abuse by her ex husband during their 16-year marriage.

Birney tells People Magazine that the claims are "an appalling abuse of the truth" and referred to Baxter's new book as "a kind of fairy tale."

David Birney says he remembers their relationship much differently. In fact, after their divorce, which was over 20 years ago, he claims Meredith Baxter tried to get sole custody of their three children by making up false allegations against him.

"During that time she arrived in court repeatedly with various lawyers and several therapists, 'recovered memories,' accusations of abuse a common charge in custody disputes and tales of our life together that bore little resemblance to truth a mean spirited process that battered us all, especially the children," Birney said. "The court denied her suit on every occasion. This current recycled version of our family story is no more credible now than it was then."

After 20 years this divorce is nastier than ever. It's hard to know which one to believe. Although, why would Meredith Baxter lie about David Birney's abuse now? Their children are grown, and they have no legal obligation to each other. Unfortunately this situation may get uglier before it gets better.

RutherfordBHayes

What did Shaun Campbell (Billy) die from and when?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Shawn Campbell, who played Ricky for the show's entire run and later played Billy on The Doctors , was born in 1958 and died in 1993. No cause was disclosed. A Shaun Campbell who was 28 died suddenly in Pine Hills , New York on July 4th (yesterday). Again, no cause given.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply