Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look at Maggie; Article Summary (1/19 Issue)
Topic Started: Jan 8 2010, 07:00 PM (2,407 Views)
leela46
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 9 2010, 01:08 AM
Lisa Trusel Revisits Days
January 8, 2010 2:15 PM By Courtney Potter

The passing of longtime Days of our Lives patriarch Mickey Horton (we know! Can you believe it?!) this week means that several faces from the past will be returning to Salem to help Maggie and her family grieve. One such face is Mickey and Maggie's adoptive daughter -- and young doctor Nathan's mother -- Melissa Horton.

Actress Lisa Trusel -- who portrayed Melissa from 1983 until 1988 (and who returned for brief stints in 1994, '96, and 2002) -- will be coming back to mourn the loss of Mickey, per Soap Opera Weekly.

For the uninitiated: When Melissa was born in 1971, her mother Linda Phillips claimed that Mickey Horton was her real father -- but it was later revealed that Mickey was sterile, and Melissa's dad was Linda's husband Jim. Later, when Melissa returned to town in the '80s as a teenager, Mickey and his second wife Maggie took her in and adopted her.

Look for Lisa's Melissa to return to Salem on January 14th and 19th.

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/lisa-trusel-revisits-days

I don't remember, was Melissa legally adopted by Mickey and Maggie? I know that she was adopted by Bob Anderson after Linda and Bob were married. Hence, Melissa's last name being Anderson and not Phillips. Melissa has never gone by the name Melissa Horton, so it is kind of confusing as to why Nathan uses the Horton surname.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jan 9 2010, 12:25 AM
I'm sorry. I see that picture of Nathan with Maggie sharing memories of Mickey and I roll my eyes. That should have been Lucas. You know? The Horton she's been helping since he was 18 and an alcoholic. I know DOOL loves clean-slate characters but Nathan has no connection with Mickey what so ever.
My guess is we will see Lucas sharing memories of Mickey as well. I hope Mickey's memorial is something like Tom's service where a lot of family members spoke about memories of him.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I bet there are no other surprise appearances. I feel we would've heard about it by now. When they say a "several" faces from the past are returning, I bet they mean Doug, Julie and Melissa.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Aliaron
Jan 9 2010, 12:25 AM
I'm sorry. I see that picture of Nathan with Maggie sharing memories of Mickey and I roll my eyes. That should have been Lucas. You know? The Horton she's been helping since he was 18 and an alcoholic. I know DOOL loves clean-slate characters but Nathan has no connection with Mickey what so ever.
You are so right. Hopefully, he's there, because he JUST got done filming his last scene, so these scenes would have occurred before the "release".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Jan 9 2010, 02:24 AM
I bet there are no other surprise appearances. I feel we would've heard about it by now. When they say a "several" faces from the past are returning, I bet they mean Doug, Julie and Melissa.
Probably, unless they were able to keep it under wraps like they did Anna.
It just seems SO wrong that Mike, Laura, and someone playing Bill can't be there. Maybe they're perpetually be "in the kitchen" with Alice.
Certainly, they'll say "Mike's still in Israel and can't come back".
"Bill and Laura can't get a flight out of Africa" (Africa is a pretty big friggin' continent. WHERE in Africa are they?)
"Jen and Jack got delayed at Heathrow".

Come on. At least one of those characters would have taken the first flight out and services would have been delayed for them. That's not unheard of.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Well, when Caroline "died" in 2004 they said that Kayla was "in the kitchen", so at least they pretended she was there, LoL. But Bill, Laura, Jennifer, Jack, etc. ALL being in the kitchen? LMAO. Not buying it. That's probably why we wont see a funeral and instead we will see a simple memorial at the house. They can use the excuse that everyone did show up but had to leave or that they are all meeting at the funeral home and just not show them.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting. I am looking forward to seeing SR's performances. I am hopeful that Lucas is properly utilized here, but I doubt it. I'm sure he'll just be in the bckground like he was at the for Sydney. One other hope I have, is that Missy Reeves mentioned on twitter several weeks ago that she and the kids were heading out to L.A. to visit Scott, so maybe, with the timing being right, she could have stopped by Burbank and shot a few scenes ... I know its a long shot, but I am going to remain hopeful. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply