Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Nathan Kisses Melanie!; Article Summary (1/19 Issue)
Topic Started: Jan 8 2010, 08:43 PM (4,443 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Please link to DR only. Thank you! :)

Nathan Kisses Melanie

Melanie stops by Maggie's place to get "something borrowed" for her upcoming nuptials, but when she walks in everyone looks upset. Jokingly, Melanie asks "who died?' and Maggie rushes off in tears. Melanie realizes her gaffe when she discovers that Mickey has passed on. Molly Burnett promises that the scenes are "amazing" and "they will break your heart."

When Maggie returns, she tells Melanie that she should elope with Phillip in Vegas. Meanwhile, Nathan, who is thankful for Melanie being there for Maggie, surprises her with a kiss. Melanie's immediate reaction is, "Are you kidding me right now?" Nathan denies that he has romantic feelings for Melanie, and she scoffs at it. Explains Burnett, "She tells him, 'Obviously I think about you and now you're going to kiss me, but you're still not going to tell me you love me?' He gives her just enough, but not enough to stay and not enough to let her go."

Later, Melanie and Nathan bump into each other at the Brady Pub (where else?) but they are both with their respective partners, Stephanie and Phillip. "A Horton should be with a Brady," says Burnett. "But Melanie is crazy and is running around with the Kiriakises."

By week's end, Melanie and Phillip decide to push their wedding back to February because of Maggie. (Just in time for sweeps!) Explains Burnett, "Maggie is going through unbelievable amounts of pain, so it's just dramatic in Salem."

What happens next? Stay tuned!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I don't like Melanie and I think her dramaZ is absurd.

peaches179

Zzzzz. Thanks Kenny! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

peaches179
Jan 8 2010, 08:56 PM
Zzzzz. Thanks Kenny! :)
My thoughts exactly. You're welcome!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Wow... Nathan is stupid, this whole storyline is stupid. Well I hope the wedding leads to some good drama, if Melanie ends up being Carly's daughter, and Vivian learns the day of the nuptials.

Fixed! :D
Edited by Eric83, Jan 8 2010, 09:03 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Jan 8 2010, 08:57 PM
Wow... Nathan is stupid, this whole storyline is stupid. Well I hope the wedding leads to some good drama,
Spoiler: click to toggle
LoL, you don't have to put spoilers/spumors in tags when you're posting in other spoiler threads. :)
Edited by Mason, Jan 8 2010, 08:59 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Oh and I really want Julie to go off on Melanie after she says "Who died?". I don't know why but I just want someone to cuss that bitch out.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like that Molly considers Melanie a Brady. I do too and I wish we'd see more interactoin with Caroline rather than Maggie.

ilovemydays

Words that should be said with caution:

1) Who died?
2) When are you due?

Alligato
Member Avatar

Wait? WTF?
Is Melanie a Brady? What did I miss? Trent is her dad...Carly might/might not be her mother.
Does she consider herself a Brady because Max was her brother? Who wasn't really a Brady?
Wuh?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 8 2010, 09:14 PM
I like that Molly considers Melanie a Brady. I do too and I wish we'd see more interactoin with Caroline rather than Maggie.
I thought she was referring to Stephanie being a Brady. :shrug:

PHELLE FOREVER

Halloween Family
Jan 8 2010, 09:55 PM
DrewHamilton
Yes, I took it like she was talking about Stephanie also! Stephanie is part Brady, because Kayla is a Brady.
So to me when Molly says, A Horton should be with a Brady,she is referring to Nathan (a Horton) who should be with Stephanie( a Brady), although Melanie still likes Nathan, but Melanie's not a Brady.Wow, I just confused myself even more. I hope someone can explain it better.lol :D

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
DrewHamilton
I know in an interview that she did with Mark when he first came in the interviewer kept referring to her character as a Brady and Molly never corrected her.

I too like that she considers herself a Brady too.

PHELLE FOREVER

BradyDiva06
Jan 8 2010, 11:40 PM
Halloween Family
DrewHamilton
I know in an interview that she did with Mark when he first came in the interviewer kept referring to her character as a Brady and Molly never corrected her.

No you misunderstood.... Molly Burnett said, "A Horton should be with a Brady", not the interviewer. ;)

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I used to think Nathan was the only person with some sense in this ridiculous story line. I'm tired of his push/pull, Melanie's not much better but I'd be more than a little irritated if I was her. Both Melanie and Nathan need to get honest with themselves and who they want. If Melanie is even a little unsure over who she wants she should not be marrying Phillip but it's almost like she's waiting for Nathan to come out and say he wants her. This whole story line is stupid and I'm don't really care who ends up together anymore.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

PHELLE FOREVER
Jan 9 2010, 12:15 AM
BradyDiva06
Jan 8 2010, 11:40 PM
Halloween Family
DrewHamilton

No you misunderstood.... Molly Burnett said, "A Horton should be with a Brady", not the interviewer. ;)
lol no I was talking about an interview that happened this summer. That's why I said it took place when Mark first came on.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

No. I felt as if Molly was talking about about Nathan and Melanie. She said that a Brady and Horton are supposed to be together, but then says, instead, Melanie is running around with the Kiriakis family.

esp13
Member Avatar

I took it as her referencing Stephanie and Nathan, but I can see how it could be taken as Molly considering Melanie to be a Brady (even though she has almost zero interaction with that family and would, if anything, be some kind of honorary Horton because of her relationship with Maggie).

But, that aside, I find this whole thing ridiculous. I've not cared about Melanie in a long time, but even I can see how this waffling is turning of people who actually liked the character. Somebody pointed out somewhere that when Melanie was with Nathan, she fantasized about Philip and was affected every time Philip touched her her. Now she's with Philip and is fantasizing about Nathan and being affected every time he touches her. It's just recycling scripts almost. And if she is actually in love with Philip at all, like she claims, then she shouldn't be standing around needing Nathan to tell her that he loves her.

The upshot of it all is that, once again, Philip is somehow second best -- just like with Chloe and Belle. And as much as I might hate Philip and Melanie together (and I do) I hate that aspect of the whole thing even more.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

esp13
Jan 9 2010, 12:03 PM
I took it as her referencing Stephanie and Nathan, but I can see how it could be taken as Molly considering Melanie to be a Brady (even though she has almost zero interaction with that family and would, if anything, be some kind of honorary Horton because of her relationship with Maggie).

But, that aside, I find this whole thing ridiculous. I've not cared about Melanie in a long time, but even I can see how this waffling is turning of people who actually liked the character. Somebody pointed out somewhere that when Melanie was with Nathan, she fantasized about Philip and was affected every time Philip touched her her. Now she's with Philip and is fantasizing about Nathan and being affected every time he touches her. It's just recycling scripts almost. And if she is actually in love with Philip at all, like she claims, then she shouldn't be standing around needing Nathan to tell her that he loves her.

The upshot of it all is that, once again, Philip is somehow second best -- just like with Chloe and Belle. And as much as I might hate Philip and Melanie together (and I do) I hate that aspect of the whole thing even more.
See, this is the beauty of soaps and their crazy families. It could be construed either way! :D
Although really, right now Melanie has very little to do with the Bradys. She lives with a Horton, dated a Horton, and is now engaged to a Kiriakis. Now, all we need is for her to have a Dimera connection and every major family in Salem will have, in some way, adopted her. Why does she need Carly? :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

esp13
Jan 9 2010, 12:03 PM

And I don't get why Philip is perpetually second best or not good enough because of family ties (in relation to Stephanie). This is just ridiculous. (Not your opinion, but I'm agreeing with you! It's ridiculous that they always make him second best)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply