Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Nathan Kisses Melanie!; Article Summary (1/19 Issue)
Topic Started: Jan 8 2010, 08:43 PM (4,434 Views)
pixiedust

And maybe it is neither one she ends up with because CD posted on his twitter today that "Chad is getting ready for college :)))". That and the fact they have started pushing the petition to unite CD and MB again leads me to believe they are soras him into MB's age group. Good move as he looks way to old to be a teen!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

pixiedust
Jan 10 2010, 12:07 AM
And maybe it is neither one she ends up with because CD posted on his twitter today that "Chad is getting ready for college :)))". That and the fact they have started pushing the petition to unite CD and MB again leads me to believe they are soras him into MB's age group. Good move as he looks way to old to be a teen!
Oh no, I hope they don't make CD and MB romantic interests onscreen. There aren't many real life couples who make it look good are there?

pixiedust

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2010, 12:24 AM
pixiedust
Oh no, I hope they don't make CD and MB romantic interests onscreen. There aren't many real life couples who make it look good are there?
The only one that comes to mind that did it well is Kelly and Mark on AMC!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

pixiedust
Jan 10 2010, 01:26 AM
Halloween Family
pixiedust
The only one that comes to mind that did it well is Kelly and Mark on AMC!
I love their "real" selves on Regis, never saw them on AMC together but saw an old clip of them being interviewed for their roles on AMC way, way back in the day on Entertainment Tonight and oh barf they were too gaga for one another. My understanding is their characters were interacting already and a romance blossomed, IDK if would work for people who are already a couple IRL to then be onscreen couples.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 9 2010, 02:22 AM
No. I felt as if Molly was talking about about Nathan and Melanie. She said that a Brady and Horton are supposed to be together, but then says, instead, Melanie is running around with the Kiriakis family.
I had the same impression in this interview too.

jane1978

pixiedust
He is not pushing the petition. He just retweeted it because someone else send him the link. I doubt they will pair him and MB together because from that recent interview with him and Molly Gary Tomlin even didnīt know they are together and the outlines for the show are done way ahead.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
pixiedust
It can't possibly be worse than the pairings we've already seen for them, in my opinion. The only pairing for Melanie I liked was Nick and by the time Nathan rolled around I loathed her so much I can't tolerate her with anyone. At least I don't care about Chad so they won't bother me if they suck and if by some chance they actually do click and take off maybe I might actually learn to like them.

Harmony233

Halloween Family
pixiedust
well theres CC and MS but they never had love scenes.Now there stabbing and slapping each other in scenes lol.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Halloween Family
pixiedust
I've often thought about that. There are some recent (semi-recent) examples where real-life couples just don't cut it:

Arianne Zucker and Kyle Lowder didn't bowl a lot of people over. I know there were Bricole fans, but I think, at that time, there just seemed to be more Broe fans.
Farah Fath and John Paul Lavosier on One Life have some fans, but it seems more and more, fans don't care for them together.
I didn't watch Crystal Chappell and Michael Sabinato (Sp?), and aren't they married in real life? How did they click on screen?
For a while, didn't Shelley Hennig and Jay Kenneth Johnson date? They didn't exactly blow the world over with their chemistry.
The more soap-savvy might be able to think of other examples of couples married in real life that didn't exactly scream Power Couple on screen. In fact, the only ones I can think of are Bill and Susan Hayes. They are in a category by themselves, though. VERY difficult to duplicate that chemistry!

Maybe it'll work, though. We'll see if Casey has the chops for it. Technically, if Melanie is only supposed to be 19, then she's only a year or two older than Chad, and that's not unheard-of.

OliveAnn

ladyofthelake
Jan 10 2010, 02:24 PM
Halloween Family
pixiedust
I've often thought about that. There are some recent (semi-recent) examples where real-life couples just don't cut it:

Arianne Zucker and Kyle Lowder didn't bowl a lot of people over. I know there were Bricole fans, but I think, at that time, there just seemed to be more Broe fans.
Farah Fath and John Paul Lavosier on One Life have some fans, but it seems more and more, fans don't care for them together.
I didn't watch Crystal Chappell and Michael Sabinato (Sp?), and aren't they married in real life? How did they click on screen?
For a while, didn't Shelley Hennig and Jay Kenneth Johnson date? They didn't exactly blow the world over with their chemistry.
The more soap-savvy might be able to think of other examples of couples married in real life that didn't exactly scream Power Couple on screen. In fact, the only ones I can think of are Bill and Susan Hayes. They are in a category by themselves, though. VERY difficult to duplicate that chemistry!

Maybe it'll work, though. We'll see if Casey has the chops for it. Technically, if Melanie is only supposed to be 19, then she's only a year or two older than Chad, and that's not unheard-of.
Bricole had and still have a pretty decent fanbase. The war between the Bricole and Broe fanbases was almost as big as the one between the Phloe and Broe fanbases. But, yeah, there were more Broe fans at that point, which is why that couple prevailed in the end.

Hennig and Johnson - does anybody really know?!?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OliveAnn
Jan 10 2010, 05:41 PM
ladyofthelake
Halloween Family
pixiedust

Bricole had and still have a pretty decent fanbase. The war between the Bricole and Broe fanbases was almost as big as the one between the Phloe and Broe fanbases. But, yeah, there were more Broe fans at that point, which is why that couple prevailed in the end.

BUT the Bricole coupling involves another actor now. None of these couples, despite their fanbases, have what you would call an earth-shattering, undeniable-by-everyone, the world-knows-it, heavy-set chemistry BECAUSE there is a strong contingency for opposite pairings. You don't have the whole "Doug and Julie will prevail" attitude that is rarely debated. With these other couples, no one knew who would prevail, and that's just because they didn't have that earth-shattering, no-one-is-messing-with-them chemistry. Actually, does anyone really see that much anymore? Again, yeah, I'm basing it on boards because no one except the powers really might know what the general public likes. I'll wager they don't even know, because I suspect the majority of people who write or call in are the ones passionate enough to find boards to discuss the show, too.
And with Bricole, it was pretty well written that Nicole was the bad girl no matter what. Actually, except for her deviousness, I was tired of that whole story because of Chloe's constant "My face! My face!" Piss-poor storyline made it tough for me to root for either side.

Harmony233

ladyofthelake
Halloween Family
pixiedust

I like Bricole with EM better than I did with KL.I think AZ and EM have better chemistry.I think Carly and Lawrence where popular.They had some good chemistry.I guess they where like the Ej/Sami of the 90's.They had a dark twisted past but how popular was they?I'm not sure.I do think people started rooting for them after RKK Bo was cast.

phicklover

i dont care if they are together in real life, i hope they dont even consider that pairing.

when they first brought MB on, i couldnt imagine her with philip...but after all this time i hated philip and stephanie and saw a lot of chemistry with melanie...between the drama and the comedic timing, i really like them together.

i just hate the quads...and the thought of philip being second best to nathan is just ridiculous. i could see her thinking that nathan is good and dependable..but sexual chemistry? its philip all the way!!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jan 10 2010, 05:41 PM
It's been speculated that JKJ has tried wooing SH but she doesn't want any of it. Then the DoD interview with JKJ and CD, JKJ said something like "yeah and he's getting in the way in real life too" romantically speaking is how I took it and I believe it was in refrence to Nathan. It was really weird because I was thinking are Mark and Shelly dating? And then Casey got this semi-jealous/wtf look as if he was referring to Mel/MB. IDK, speculation.

If Jay had a thing for SH then that might explain why Phillip and Stephanie looked held back.

Edited by Halloween Family, Jan 10 2010, 09:40 PM.

Bradyclan

I'm sick of that storyline. Melanie is becoming annoying..

Sariah
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 9 2010, 01:49 PM
esp13
Jan 9 2010, 12:03 PM
I took it as her referencing Stephanie and Nathan, but I can see how it could be taken as Molly considering Melanie to be a Brady (even though she has almost zero interaction with that family and would, if anything, be some kind of honorary Horton because of her relationship with Maggie).

But, that aside, I find this whole thing ridiculous. I've not cared about Melanie in a long time, but even I can see how this waffling is turning of people who actually liked the character. Somebody pointed out somewhere that when Melanie was with Nathan, she fantasized about Philip and was affected every time Philip touched her her. Now she's with Philip and is fantasizing about Nathan and being affected every time he touches her. It's just recycling scripts almost. And if she is actually in love with Philip at all, like she claims, then she shouldn't be standing around needing Nathan to tell her that he loves her.

The upshot of it all is that, once again, Philip is somehow second best -- just like with Chloe and Belle. And as much as I might hate Philip and Melanie together (and I do) I hate that aspect of the whole thing even more.
And I don't get why Philip is perpetually second best or not good enough because of family ties (in relation to Stephanie). This is just ridiculous. (Not your opinion, but I'm agreeing with you! It's ridiculous that they always make him second best)
Amen. Philip shouldn't be second best to anybody, and I hate that he's now second best for some teenage girl. It's driving me nuts that they're doing this to him.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sariah
Jan 12 2010, 09:51 AM
Amen. Philip shouldn't be second best to anybody, and I hate that he's now second best for some teenage girl. It's driving me nuts that they're doing this to him.
I couldn't agree with you more. I've just completely lost interest in him because if he can't even impress a 19 year old . . . I mean, seriously, what a loser. Which I would be okay with in theory if he didn't have such potential with his backstory which apparently we've all been ordered to collectively ignore: no combat injuries, no prior marriage, no losing one child after learning he wasn't her father, no deciding to give up a second child because he wasn't sure he could be a good father (dumb though the ending of that story was). I'm starting to think Blake Berris got lucky getting sacrified at the altar of Melanie--I'd honestly rather Jay was gone than have had to act the crap he's been given the last year, and especially the current ridiculousness.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply