Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of January 18th; *UPDATED 1/16*
Topic Started: Jan 8 2010, 09:45 PM (14,667 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

That's good news that Ari is coming back to work in 2 weeks. There is a big gaping hole in the show - more than I even expected to see. The story of Mickey's death was very timely because it has brought focus on to other characters and sub stories and a bit away from the Sydnapping saga. But even with that, I miss seeing Nicole. And I can't tell you how shocked I would have been to find myself saying that this time last year. :lol:

EJ has been doing a masterful job of manipulating Sami up to now. He's given her every indication that it's her decision to tell Rafe about the ransom notes while tapping in to her fears for Sydney. He knows her so well, doesn't he? ;) No doubt it will be ugly when the gig is up for EJ but I'm not quite sure it will be as simple as Rafe or anyone else figuring it out. We keep hearing about another twist, and the speculations about one of Sami's children being injured by a drunken Maggie - if that plays out I think it could be what blows the story open. Or what shakes EJ out of revenge mode and then it will be a matter of feeling complete remorse but hesitating to tell the whole truth for fear he'll lose his kids completely. Much the same position Nicole found herself in. Tit for tat and all that...

So if it plays out like that I think the story could have legs for quite some time. Sami and EJ growing closer as they worry for their child, Sami and Rafe growing further apart starting with the small fracture we're seeing now and events to follow. EJ realizing he was being a total shit, trying to somehow make it up to Sami and their kids without them knowing about it, finally seeing the potential to have the life he's always wanted with his family...and just as they are nearly there or even living his dream the whole thing blows up in his face.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

SocRMum1
Jan 16 2010, 10:48 AM
That's good news that Ari is coming back to work in 2 weeks. There is a big gaping hole in the show - more than I even expected to see. The story of Mickey's death was very timely because it has brought focus on to other characters and sub stories and a bit away from the Sydnapping saga. But even with that, I miss seeing Nicole. And I can't tell you how shocked I would have been to find myself saying that this time last year. :lol:

EJ has been doing a masterful job of manipulating Sami up to now. He's given her every indication that it's her decision to tell Rafe about the ransom notes while tapping in to her fears for Sydney. He knows her so well, doesn't he? ;) No doubt it will be ugly when the gig is up for EJ but I'm not quite sure it will be as simple as Rafe or anyone else figuring it out. We keep hearing about another twist, and the speculations about one of Sami's children being injured by a drunken Maggie - if that plays out I think it could be what blows the story open. Or what shakes EJ out of revenge mode and then it will be a matter of feeling complete remorse but hesitating to tell the whole truth for fear he'll lose his kids completely. Much the same position Nicole found herself in. Tit for tat and all that...

So if it plays out like that I think the story could have legs for quite some time. Sami and EJ growing closer as they worry for their child, Sami and Rafe growing further apart starting with the small fracture we're seeing now and events to follow. EJ realizing he was being a total shit, trying to somehow make it up to Sami and their kids without them knowing about it, finally seeing the potential to have the life he's always wanted with his family...and just as they are nearly there or even living his dream the whole thing blows up in his face.

Anything that happens between EJ and Sami now is totally doomed because of the lies, manipulations, mental torture, wasting police and FBI time. Stefano is lining up to teach him a lesson from the master too...

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Manda1
Jan 16 2010, 11:13 AM
SocRMum1

Anything that happens between EJ and Sami now is totally doomed because of the lies, manipulations, mental torture, wasting police and FBI time. Stefano is lining up to teach him a lesson from the master too...
Maybe. But what's happening now is no where near as lousy as what happened on 12/29/06...and yet, now they have Sydney. :wub:

They've overcome so much - this is just another blip on the radar. It's like foreplay for those two crazy kids. :makeout:

Manda1

SocRMum1
Jan 16 2010, 11:21 AM
Manda1
Jan 16 2010, 11:13 AM
SocRMum1

Maybe. But what's happening now is no where near as lousy as what happened on 12/29/06...and yet, now they have Sydney. :wub:

They've overcome so much - this is just another blip on the radar. It's like foreplay for those two crazy kids. :makeout:
EJ will never be her first choice. He will be so dumped when his lies are exposed and she realises her precious Rafe is the true hero afterall. so obvious that is coming :wub:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SocRMum1

I'm shocked, too! :o :smooch:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More Daily Spoilers

Monday, January 18th
Hope opens up to Maggie about her feelings for Bo; Troy overhears Arianna on a conference call; Sami and EJ finally tell Rafe everything they've been hiding from him, and Rafe calls in the FBI; Melanie asks Brady to give her away at her wedding.

Tuesday, January 19th
Kate tries to figure out how to bond with Melanie; Philip asks Bo to be one of his groomsmen; Carly is horrified to learn that Melanie had a bad childhood; Vivian commends Philip for not inviting Carly to the wedding; Nathan and Stephanie grow closer.

Wednesday, January 20th
Mia admits to herself that she wants both Chad and Will, even though she knows it's wrong; Hope sees Bo is no longer wearing his wedding ring; Sami, Rafe and EJ wait for the possible kidnapper to take the ransom money.

Thursday, January 21st
Sami has a fight with Rafe over Sydney; Carly has a nightmarish vision of Vivian killing her daughter; Hope tells Justin she needs time; Victor lays into Carly when they cross paths at the hospital; Julie urges Hope to go after what she really wants.

Friday, January 22nd
Carly goes ballistic on Vivian; Bo asks Daniel to keep an eye on Carly; Chloe tells Brady that Nicole wants info on Sydney; Philip unintentionally upsets Chloe; Arianna is supposed to meet up with Brady, but Troy stops by instead.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79
Jan 16 2010, 03:20 PM
More Daily Spoilers

Monday, January 18th
Hope opens up to Maggie about her feelings for Bo;
Considering Maggie just lost the love of her life, I find it rather insensitive of Hope to bring her own life problems up.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Yay, for a Nicole spoiler! I think she is trying to remember that voice...Anna better watch out!

I soooo miss AZ, but she's coming back soon!!!!!!

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Jan 16 2010, 03:54 PM
Angie79
Jan 16 2010, 03:20 PM
More Daily Spoilers

Monday, January 18th
Hope opens up to Maggie about her feelings for Bo;
Considering Maggie just lost the love of her life, I find it rather insensitive of Hope to bring her own life problems up.
I believe it is Maggie who brings the topic up. Hope doesn't want to talk about it, but Maggie insists.

rosecarrington

omg!!!CARLY'S IN DISTRESS THIS WEEK,SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL CAPTAIN SAVE A HOE...(bo)

sandyeggo1

rosecarrington
Jan 16 2010, 05:17 PM
omg!!!CARLY'S IN DISTRESS THIS WEEK,SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL CAPTAIN SAVE A HOE...(bo)
Don't worry, I'm sure Bo and follow her around and tell what a good person she really is. :sleep: And if he can't for some reason, maybe he can ask Daniel to cover for him because when Carly cries, she needs someone to tell her how wonderful she is STAT.

I am really looking forward to this one

Quote:

Victor lays into Carly when they cross paths at the hospital

Go Vic! :cheer:

Bo and Daniel will probably have to double team Carly with the pity party after that one.

AlisonLou

This Bo/Carly/Hope/Justin story is getting boring. It seems to be going around in circles and not getting anywhere.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jan 16 2010, 02:27 AM
Alligato
Jan 16 2010, 12:39 AM
LMAO about Rafe being the controlling one!
Nobody would be in this situation if EJ was playing with the puppet strings!

I didn't find Rafe to be that bad, not nearly as angry as I thought he would be. And Sami has done nothing but ask for his help...so yea he should be pissed that she didn't confide in him about all of this, especially when he specifically mentioned a ransom note recently. Rafe is the only one who is making any progress in this case! And with the way Sami has been acting, Rafe would have been stupid to NOT trust her.
As much as I hate to say it, the dude is on top of this game.

The really weak link in all of this is EJ. Did he really take an order from Rafe? If anyone should be standing up to the dude, it should be EJ being concerned about his daughter and following the ransom!

And for what it is worth, there are so many obstacles to the mess that is EJami, Rafe doesn't even come close to being the major one, just the easy one. ;)
ITA! EJ has wanted Sami to keep Rafe out of all this because he knows Rafe would have seen through the holes in his rouse by now. Sami is clueless and he is enjoying manipulating her for revenge and payback for missing Johnny’s first, Grace etc.

Rafe is very cold and focussed in that clip and in the Monday’s eppy. He doesn’t get into some big emotional blow-up with Sami. Now We know that EJ has Sydney but Rafe doesn’t. He still thinks they are playing ball with some money grubbing possibly delusional kidnapper, so his attitude is understandable.

Sami has been lying to his face since Christmas by pretending that she and EJ have heard nothing. Rafe is justified in being angry – no doubt it will all explode when Sydney is NOT returned [ because EJ has her!!!!!]

I am looking forward to Rafe exposing EJ’s plot.....EJ will be triumphant in being the hero and ‘returning’ Sydney but Rafe will keep digging, and digging and digging until Bingo!!!!!!!

Nicole will be back in time to see EJ get some payback and I am looking forward to it. I understand from an EM tweet that Ari is back to work in two weeks! :cheer:
FANTASTIC POST!!!! :applause: :applause:

And as far as Rafe following Sami or having her followed--- he is back in the FBI, right? He is the point person for the case, right? It is his responsibility to do what he can to find Sydney, and if that means following Sami, Ej, or anyone else he can to gain information on her whereabouts, then he is perfectly within his rights to do so. At least, unlike the Dimeras, he is doing it legally!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1

Okay, good to know we're still on the same wave length...this is totally how I see this playing out........good call!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From CBS SID:
It looks as if keeping secrets is, as usual, biting Sami on the butt. That's why she and Rafe wind up in a fight about Sydney on Thursday, January 21. And on Friday, January 22, it's the showdown you've been waiting for between Carly and Vivian.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 16 2010, 10:43 PM
From CBS SID:
It looks as if keeping secrets is, as usual, biting Sami on the butt. That's why she and Rafe wind up in a fight about Sydney on Thursday, January 21. And on Friday, January 22, it's the showdown you've been waiting for between Carly and Vivian.
I haven't been waiting for a showdown. I've been waiting for Vivian to stop dragging her feet and put her plan into motion, LoL. That being said, I hope the Carly vs. Vivian scene is as exciting as it sounds.

cassie1013

AlisonLou
Jan 16 2010, 08:56 PM
This Bo/Carly/Hope/Justin story is getting boring. It seems to be going around in circles and not getting anywhere.
The only part that's going in circles is Hope's feelings for Bo. We get it already! MOVE THE FUCK ON (so this story can move on, too)!

Bope breakups have never really worked before because Bope always remained fairly connected. The post-Zack breakup was such a joke. They kept saying they were moving on and they never really did. They were back together 9 months later. That's why I think Carly is so key - if they can build suspense around Bo/Carly as a legitimate couple vs. "Carly the interloper", they'll get somewhere.

With that said, they can't leave Hope as the loser in love. She needs a legit love interest, too. I guess I don't mind if takes a few-times ride on the Justin train, but I think they can find someone better for Hope ...she is a main character on this show, after all.
Edited by cassie1013, Jan 17 2010, 03:37 AM.

AlisonLou

There is not one couple together on this show I like at the moment. I have no interest in the current couples or people together. Bo and Hope are the only reason I really watch this show. Nothing really makes me want to watch it right now.
I've noticed people on other boards have said they have stopped watching due to Bo's cheating and they don't like Bo and Carly together. There is soo much anger at the moment over Bo's cheating and the Bope breakup that it is going to cause the show to lose viewers if it hasn't already. The Bo and Carly sex pushed it too far. The writers have taken away everything that was good about the show. I think days will lose alot in the ratings if this Bope breakup continues.
Edited by AlisonLou, Jan 17 2010, 06:02 AM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Jan 17 2010, 06:01 AM
There is not one couple together on this show I like at the moment. I have no interest in the current couples or people together. Bo and Hope are the only reason I really watch this show. Nothing really makes me want to watch it right now.
I've noticed people on other boards have said they have stopped watching due to Bo's cheating and they don't like Bo and Carly together. There is soo much anger at the moment over Bo's cheating and the Bope breakup that it is going to cause the show to lose viewers if it hasn't already. The Bo and Carly sex pushed it too far. The writers have taken away everything that was good about the show. I think days will lose alot in the ratings if this Bope breakup continues.
I understand why Bope lovers are upset about the breakup of their couple. However their anger over the story is more of a good thing than a bad thing. It shows that they are invested in Bope as a couple. The worst thing that could happen is apathy. If people didn't care that Bope was breaking up then there would be a big problem.

This story has got lots of peeps talking. That is a good thing for the show. Look at all the Bo/Hope/Carly threads on this board. It's starting to rival the whole EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle.

Even the people who hate Carly are showing a reaction that is probably wanted by Days. The show needs characters who will stir the pot. The worst thing for a character is when fans don't have an opinion on them.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

dc cubs
Jan 17 2010, 10:12 AM
I understand why Bope lovers are upset about the breakup of their couple. However their anger over the story is more of a good thing than a bad thing. It shows that they are invested in Bope as a couple. The worst thing that could happen is apathy. If people didn't care that Bope was breaking up then there would be a big problem.

EXACTLY! A couple with no angst is no money couple.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply