Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bo/Hope v. Bo/Carly! Which couple are you a fan of?; Let's do a mini poll?
Topic Started: Jan 7 2010, 01:40 AM (2,256 Views)
MysteryPoster

From what I'm reading, it seems pretty evenly split. I'm definetely a Bo and Carly fan. I've never been a fan of Bo and Hope, but love Carbo and think that Reckell and Chappell have amazing chemistry.

Let's do a poll. Are you a fan of Bo/Carly, Bo/Hope, or Both (meaning you would be happy if he was with either one of them)

One down for Bo/Carly
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Longtime Bo/Hope supporter, won't support a Bo/Carly endgame but am enjoying the story.

Guess we're tied. :)

cassie1013

I don't really care. I don't see much with Bo and Carly, but I'm on the train because it's good story.

The funny thing is, I LOVE Bope as a couple ... they're kind of the "always there, universally liked" couple... but I seem to care less if they're together or not.

I'm really into them as a characters right now, so I think I'm mainly looking for development - individually - within Bo and Hope. Especially Hope. I really want to see her in a serious relationship with someone else.

MysteryPoster

I'd also like to see Hope in a story with someone. Although I like her with Justin, I think it's safe to say she had more romances than just Stefano during the period of time that Carly was in Salem (90-94). I always thought it would have been interesting if Hope had married someone else during that period of time. I mean she was gone for four years, yeah she was an international art thief, but half the time she was Stefano was in Salem (Curtis Reed anyone). I think that's a story I'd like to see them explore. Hope's missing years, sans the art thief stuff.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Just a heads up....

Everyone gets one chance not to turn this into a fanbase war with each other, as long as things stay civil in here this thread will stay open... :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is tough. Bo and Hope have always been my favorites of the supercouples BUT Bo and Carly is one pairing I feel was on it's way to supercouple stardom when PR left the show. I still think they have that kind of potential.

Given I feel both Bo and Hope have lost who they are as characters and have become stale, I will throw my support behind Bo and Carly at this moment. I just want the writers to fully explore their pairing and give it a chance while also having Bo and Hope rediscover themselves as individuals again on their own.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I've never been a Bope fan so I prefer Bo & Carly

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

I've been a Bo and Hope fan since 1983, so it's Bo and Hope all the way for me. :cheer:

Blazin_Blue

Bo & Carly! I don't really know much about Hope and I love the old pre-RKK Bo/Carly. And the flashbacks of them have been great. I highly doubt it will last, but having them together again for at least a little while would be good with me.
Edited by Blazin_Blue, Jan 7 2010, 04:47 AM.

Fryday
Member Avatar

Both...

Love me some Bo/Hope from the 80s, but as of right now I am totally getting into the whole Bo/Carly pairing. If my first glimpse of Bo/Hope had been when I returned to Days a few months ago for CC and I hadn't seen the magic of Bo/Hope back in the 80s, I'm pretty sure I'd exclusively be a Bo/Carly fan.

AlisonLou

Bo and Hope! They love each other and need to be together for Ciara! Also they have loved each other their whole lives! I haven't heard Bo say he loves Carly so I believe that whilst he has feelings for her hisheart is with Hope and Hope is the one he truly loves. I don't get why people seem to forget about Ciara? Do people want an innocent child to suffer?
I liked Bo and Carly in the 90's but I hate they way they bought Carly back! I didn't want her to be an interloper! I wanted her to realise what she gave up by choosing Lawrence and move onbto someone new! I think they will move her onto Daniel!
It's all so contrived at the moment.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I am a Bo and Hope fan.

I grew up with them. I just love em.

AlisonLou

We'll after reading prevuze just now it looks like the Bo and Carly sex happens in Bope's bed. That's disgusting! I just can't like Bo and Carly in any way now. The writers have gone too far. It's definately Bope for me now! And I hope Hope burns the bed when she moves back home!

six
Member Avatar

Both. I like bope, but have been hoping for something to shake up their relationship for a long time. The writers almost always went the safe route, though. Zach staying jope's child could've been the catalyst for years worth of stories, but they threw it away. By the time I started watching, it was 100% certain that Bo/Hope would always be together, and that's gotten old. Barly has chemistry, and I want them to have a chance. Hope's line about being one half of bope was so true. I want to see the characters grow, and get a chance to see different sides of them.

sandyeggo1

How about NONE of the above?

Bo and Hope -- Big fan of this supercouple, but I don't want them back together anytime soon. They need to sort out things before they re connect. I do believe this is the storyline we have so I'm happy to just sit back and watch.

Bo and Carly -- No way. They are just as boring together as they were the first time around. This time around they have the stink and stigma of an affair around their (((giggle))) romance (((giggle))). I really doubt this is anything long-term. I expect an unwanted pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage down the road, but I don't see them sailing off into the sunset together.

What I would love to see is both women leave Bo and he's for the first time without Hope or one of his exes that he uses as backup. Bo needs to grow up and stop going back and forth between his wife and his girlfriends.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I have to say, both.

I started watching Days because of Bo & Hope, so they'll always have a special place in my heart. But, I became a huge Bo & Carly fan in the 90's before PR left. I think I would like to see where Bo & Carly go........not with the forgone conclusion that Bope just HAS to be. Let Bo & Hope deal with issues seperately for awhile, maybe both have other relationships, then let's see what happens down the road. I don't want the show to make me feel like Bope will ALWAYS come back together, I want to think things could possibly work with other people... does that make sense??

Belle333Black
Member Avatar

Bo & Carly!!

karmakatch63

JANALH
Jan 7 2010, 10:40 AM
I have to say, both.

I started watching Days because of Bo & Hope, so they'll always have a special place in my heart. But, I became a huge Bo & Carly fan in the 90's before PR left. I think I would like to see where Bo & Carly go........not with the forgone conclusion that Bope just HAS to be. Let Bo & Hope deal with issues seperately for awhile, maybe both have other relationships, then let's see what happens down the road. I don't want the show to make me feel like Bope will ALWAYS come back together, I want to think things could possibly work with other people... does that make sense??
Yes, it makes sense. It shows some open mindedness and understanding that it's JUST A SHOW, and no one is really getting hurt.
Giving characters more opportunities, more interactions, getting them out of the dull, boring supercouple rut DAYS was stuck in, is a good thing. I am sure all the actors are thrilled to have the opportunity to go past the same old, same old.

DAYS needs to squash the nonsense that there is an end game. That's the Ken Corday mentality that killed the show, and destroyed creativity for many actors.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm fully on board the Bo/Carly train.

karmakatch63

Bo and Carly for a while. PR and CC are smokin' hot and always have been.

Bo needs to keep his spine and stop being Hope's manservant. He needs to confront Hope and tell her "No, she does not get to tell him what to do, when to do it, and with whom he can associate." DAYS has turned Hope into a real nag, a nasty blaming witch who never has matured. She thinks she can screw up and get Bo to take all the blame which he always does. Hope also has to learn that husbands are no more owned than wives are.
Hope has been pampered all her life, plays the victim and no one, not the Bradys or Hortons ever confront her about her bad choices.

Carly is a strong woman and that is what Bo needs. So sick of BO being forced into being a caretaker instead of a husband.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply