Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Galen Gering New Years Tweets...WTF
Topic Started: Jan 5 2010, 12:39 AM (7,460 Views)
Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

http://twitter.com/galengering

So I was at Prevuze, and found out about GG's New Years tweets where he basically slammed Dick Clark, along with posting other disgusting crap.
Quote:

Happy new year everybody! Does anyone elses head hurt?!
8:01 AM Jan 1st

And can dick Clark sit out next year... It's depressing. And his makeup artist needs to take it down like ten notches
8:05 AM Jan 1st

Nothing against people with debilitating diseases...it's just not the uplifting moment I'm lookin for I guess
8:16 AM Jan 1st

And not point out others imperfections, unless of course you're hosting a show in front of millions of people, then it seems like fair game
8:45 AM Jan 1st

I'm not insensitive to clarks condition I just don't see it as inspirational. It's just an obvious reminder that getting old sucks
12:06 PM Jan 1st

Ald clearly i'm not alone in thinking so... It'd be like if Jordan was still playin basketball. Know when to hang it up
12:08 PM Jan 1st

If you've had a prolific career as an announcer and now can barely count down from ten, I'm sorry but that's not inspirational
12:09 PM Jan 1st

Of course if you're not good at your job anymore it's time to move on...would u want a bad roofer or electrician working on your house?!
12:22 PM Jan 1st

Go gracefully. Know when to hang it up. The end.
12:26 PM Jan 1st

Dick Clark for president!
12:46 PM Jan 1st
I am no prude, and I crack jokes and insults with the best of them, but what he said about Dick Clark confirms to me that GG is a worthless piece of shit. At least Dick Clark has a reason for messing up the countdown, he had a stroke. What the fuck is GG's reason for his horrible acting? Those in glass houses should not throw stones asshole.

It is one thing to demean and bash someone in your own home, but to do it in public to someone who is disabled because of a stroke is fucked up. GG will never be the star Dick Clark is. He isn't fit to lick Dick Clark's shoes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

If that's really him then what he said about Dick Clark and things he said in past tweets really makes him a ginormous douche and that's putting it mildly.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Wow GG is a real jackass.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wow. He really went on a tangent, LoL. What an asshole.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

Of course if you're not good at your job anymore it's time to move on...would u want a bad roofer or electrician working on your house?!

Don't know if I'd call it ironic that Luis of all people would say this but it's certainly...pot calling the kettle black.

But would he really go on about this for like 4 hours? Loser.
Edited by px780, Jan 5 2010, 01:08 AM.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

What a Douchebag, >.>

soapfan1

Who is GG to talk about talent when he doesn't have any himself.He only has a job because he's friendly with the producer.

Kenny
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 5 2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:

Don't know if I'd call it ironic that Luis of all people would say this but it's certainly...pot calling the kettle black.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

px780
Jan 5 2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:

But would he really go on about this for like 4 hours? Loser.
My thoughts exactly. If he thinks people should retire when they are not good at their jobs anymore then he should have quit not long after Passions began.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't like what he said but it's no worse then half the shit said on the net.

Seriously, I've seen worse and worse has been said about him. I think he should've expressed himself differently but it's his opinion. It doesn't mean he's a complete asshole.

Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

LMAO @ you guys' responses! They are cracking me up.

I honestly think this is GG's real account considering AS and NB tweet to him, and I am sure they all talk at work and make sure they have each others' real twitter names and stuff so they don't accidentally talk to impersonators. I remember reading that James Scott had someone impersonating him on Twitter or Facebook and he had to go public and confirm it wasn't actually him people were talking to.

GG just sounds like a total asswipe. He really needs to get over himself.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I think it takes a real asshat to say things like that about someone who's been in the business A LOT LONGER and has a hell of a lot more talent in his pinky then GG will EVER have. I admire DC for doing what you can tell he still loves to do, he does this one night out of the ENTIRE YEAR and it's not even for the whole thing. It's not like he's there trying to host the whole damn show for hours, he leaves that to Ryan Seacrest and Co.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 01:19 AM

Seriously, I've seen worse and worse has been said about him. I think he should've expressed himself differently but it's his opinion. It doesn't mean he's a complete asshole.
I don't think Galen is an asshole for having an opinion. Lord knows I've said plenty of things that have pissed people off in the past. However, he is a pseudo-"celebrity" with many fans who hang on to every word he says, so for him to say what he said in such a public, unapologetic way, it does make him seem like kind of an asshole, LoL.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Not just about Clark, did you see his post to a fan?
He said in response to sticking up for Clark, "U are clearly confused and should go back to bed."

This was a response to @Snapperpacheco

Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

I agree that there is worse shit said on the net. But I stand by the fact that when you are nothing but a shitty actor you have no business slamming and degrading an American icon who has suffered from a stroke. Period. It's not like he is a comedian, he is just an ignorant prick who THINKS he's funny.

Sorry, but him saying this about poor Dick Clark just has me pissed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
Jan 5 2010, 01:27 AM
He said in response to sticking up for Clark, "U are clearly confused and should go back to bed."

Now that is inexcusable.

Maybe Galen was drunk LOL.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Queen_Christine
PhoenixRising05

I agree that there is worse shit said on the net. But I stand by the fact that when you are nothing but a shitty actor you have no business slamming and degrading an American icon who has suffered from a stroke. Period. It's not like he is a comedian, he is just an ignorant prick who THINKS he's funny.

Sorry, but him saying this about poor Dick Clark just has me pissed.
It has me pissed too.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 01:28 AM
NavJLee8785

Now that is inexcusable.

If he was drunk he should have deleted those twits when he got sober.

Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 01:26 AM
PhoenixRising05

I don't think Galen is an asshole for having an opinion. Lord knows I've said plenty of things that have pissed people off in the past. However, he is a pseudo-"celebrity" with many fans who hang on to every word he says, so for him to say what he said in such a public, unapologetic way, it does make him seem like kind of an asshole, LoL.
Thank you Kenny. You said it much better than I could

I admit I am a total bitch. But I don't slam those with disabilities, nor do I pretend to be better than those who clearly surpass me.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rhi
Jan 5 2010, 01:29 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 01:28 AM
NavJLee8785

Now that is inexcusable.

If he was drunk he should have deleted those twits when he got sober.
I hate when people try to blame idiotic behavior on alcohol. In most cases, what people say when they're drunk is the same thing(s) they're thinking when they're sober. Booze just makes them fearless enough to open their big mouths.

Regardless, Galen is entitled to his opinion -- but at the same time, he has to expect some kind of reaction when he says stuff like that. It's the nature of the beast. The "everybody's entitled to an opinion" road travels both ways.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply