Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Galen Gering New Years Tweets...WTF
Topic Started: Jan 5 2010, 12:39 AM (7,732 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

He is entitled to his opinion, but to tell a fan that is a different story
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I saw all of this on twitter the day he posted this crap. I was shocked he was saying that stuff, but thought he might be drunk too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Queen_Christine
Jan 5 2010, 01:31 AM
Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 01:26 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 01:19 AM
I don't like what he said but it's no worse then half the shit said on the net.

Seriously, I've seen worse and worse has been said about him. I think he should've expressed himself differently but it's his opinion. It doesn't mean he's a complete asshole.
I don't think Galen is an asshole for having an opinion. Lord knows I've said plenty of things that have pissed people off in the past. However, he is a pseudo-"celebrity" with many fans who hang on to every word he says, so for him to say what he said in such a public, unapologetic way, it does make him seem like kind of an asshole, LoL.
Thank you Kenny. You said it much better than I could

I admit I am a total bitch. But I don't slam those with disabilities, nor do I pretend to be better than those who clearly surpass me.
I think Galen is still under the impression that he has a job in daytime because of his talent.

Poor, unfortunate fool.

Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

Ī Rhi Ī
Jan 5 2010, 01:29 AM
If he was drunk he should have deleted those twits when he got sober.
Exactly!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
Jan 5 2010, 01:35 AM
He is entitled to his opinion, but to tell a fan that is a different story
Exactly.

For me, if your saying stuff about another celebrity, I can tolerate it because they are in the public realm. I may disagree and think it should've been done differently but I can understand it.

When stuff like that is said to a fan, then I can't tolerate it, drunk or not. Fans are not in the public realm. It's a different story then.

I'm not making excuses for him though. I like the guy and this is shocking to me. It doesn't seem like something he would do based on how I've been told he acts toward fans and others but people can surprise you sometimes.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

This was also posted at several other MBs..hmm..wonder why someone would want to spread whatever opinion GG has of Dick Clark???

I personally dont give a shit about his opinion....but what I do care about are the transparent attempts of someone to bait as many people into what, write DAYS and get him fired?? LOL

I guess between the Bope v Carbo fanbases and EJ/Sami v SAFE fanbases....its going to be an interesting Winter!LOL

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Did anyone see THIS tweet:

"Wishing everyone an awesome new year! Thanks for all your input. Galen should be awake soon. Can't wait to show him what went down."

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
Jan 5 2010, 01:42 AM

"Wishing everyone an awesome new year! Thanks for all your input. Galen should be awake soon. Can't wait to show him what went down."
Hmm....the plot thickens.

jane1978

I really donīt see where is the problem. Itīs his opinion posted on his twitter. He is not forcing anyone to follow him and it has no relation to the show so he can say whatever he wants and if people donīt like it, too bad. He is not paid to represent the show at midnight on New Year. Thatīs the same like if people got angry because they saw some actor say something not nice somewhere in the restaurant.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I think Galen was drunk.

I admit I laughed as I read this. I see it as quite ironic.

IMO Galen is a totally horrid actor and might do better in another venue.

He has a right to his opinion though...As do I.

I like the fact Dick Clark is still around. I think ppl need to get use to seeing others, who have or may have struggled with illness and set backs.

To me it is comforting to see Dick. He has been around my whole life. I will feel sad when he is gone.

The one thing about growing up that I have hated is that you start to lose ppl you know and love and those that you don't really know, but love. My Dad says it only gets worse the longer ya live...And so the circle goes.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 01:43 AM
NavJLee8785

Yes, this was posted AFTER all those Clark tweets and the one to the fan went down.

LovingDays

do u think they will fire him

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure Galen was the one tweeting. Otherwise, the messages would've been removed by now.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jan 5 2010, 01:46 AM
do u think they will fire him
Nah, nor should he be.

cassie1013

I respect Dick Clark, and I do agree that the comments come across as douchey..but the bottom line is he has a point. I was sick home watching the show, thinking the same thing...to an extent. GG's comments were disrespectful to someone who's been a pioneer in American TV, broadcasting, and the entire NYE TV show trend. Galen's a daytime soap actor - pretty much nobody in the entertainment industry - to be judging Dick Clark...but then again, bloggers do the same thing all day and they're "nobodys" too. He did go on about it for too long, and when he told a fan they were "confused and should go back to bed" be definitely crossed a line.

When Dick Clark counted wrong, I realized it was time to hang it up 2 years ago - go out "on top" (...somewhat), so people can remember him in a positive light. I love Dick Clark, but it's really sad and depressing to see him this way.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
Jan 5 2010, 01:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 5 2010, 01:43 AM
NavJLee8785

Yes, this was posted AFTER all those Clark tweets and the one to the fan went down.
Weird.

I mean, just looking back at past tweets he isn't one to say junk like this in the fashion he did. I don't know. It seems like a drastic shift for him and would he really be that disrespectful and go on that long about a guy who had a stroke? Seems fishy to me...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kenny
Jan 5 2010, 01:46 AM
I'm pretty sure Galen was the one tweeting. Otherwise, the messages would've been removed by now.
That is what I was thinking too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jan 5 2010, 01:44 AM
Itīs his opinion posted on his twitter. He is not forcing anyone to follow him and it has no relation to the show so he can say whatever he wants and if people donīt like it, too bad.
I don't give a damn.

I don't care who you are -- if you say something that I disagree with or something that offends me, I'm gonna let you know about it. That's not to suggest that Galen isn't entitled to his opinion. Of course he is. But so is everyone else.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

All I can say is, remember what happened to Michael Muhney and his tweeting? HMMM????

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yep.

Something isn't right. People don's just start tossing insults at people out of the blue. This is way too random when you look back at what he usually says and how he says it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply