Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Twinkle Little Star and EJ's Motivation
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 04:22 PM (3,605 Views)
Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 11 2010, 11:08 AM
ladyofthelake
Jan 10 2010, 02:29 PM
Paxton
Jan 10 2010, 12:29 PM
I very seriously doubt EJ singing that particular song has any significance other than that it is public domain, meaning DOOL didn't have to pay anyone to use it.
Yeah. Not everything on the soaps need to be overly-analyzed with hidden meanings. I would be very surprised that the writers thought that far ahead. Twinkle Twinkle is just a common kids' song, and it's possible that James Scott knew other verses from his English roots, because the lyrics are supposed from a well-known English poem. (Although, the real roots of Twinkle, Twinkle is from the French tune "Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman", from which Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote a piano arrangement of 12 variations. There! The music professor thus speaks, LOL). The poem has 5 stanzas altogether.
Lucas and Sami sang and read Twinkle Twinkle to Will back about 10 years ago...so I would have thought a more appropriate nursery rhyme for this is Mary had a little lamb...wasn't Nicole going by the alias Mary when she kidnapped Syd? Twinkle twinkle is public domain so they use it over and over and they don't have to pay for rights....
I'm sure we are to assume that when Lucas and Sami sang it to Will, it still meant that ejami is coming!! :lol: It's just all sillyness--they probably did like you and Pax said--they used it because they didn't have to pay for it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm certainly not claiming they used Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star as a signal for much of anything - but I will point out that it's not the only nursery rhyme out there considered public domain. Just as a previous poster mentioned, Mary Had a Little Lamb could have been used - and is likely just as free from restrictions as the other. :)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 11 2010, 01:18 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 11 2010, 11:08 AM
ladyofthelake
Jan 10 2010, 02:29 PM
Paxton
Jan 10 2010, 12:29 PM
I very seriously doubt EJ singing that particular song has any significance other than that it is public domain, meaning DOOL didn't have to pay anyone to use it.
Yeah. Not everything on the soaps need to be overly-analyzed with hidden meanings. I would be very surprised that the writers thought that far ahead. Twinkle Twinkle is just a common kids' song, and it's possible that James Scott knew other verses from his English roots, because the lyrics are supposed from a well-known English poem. (Although, the real roots of Twinkle, Twinkle is from the French tune "Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman", from which Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote a piano arrangement of 12 variations. There! The music professor thus speaks, LOL). The poem has 5 stanzas altogether.
Lucas and Sami sang and read Twinkle Twinkle to Will back about 10 years ago...so I would have thought a more appropriate nursery rhyme for this is Mary had a little lamb...wasn't Nicole going by the alias Mary when she kidnapped Syd? Twinkle twinkle is public domain so they use it over and over and they don't have to pay for rights....
I'm sure we are to assume that when Lucas and Sami sang it to Will, it still meant that ejami is coming!! :lol: It's just all sillyness--they probably did like you and Pax said--they used it because they didn't have to pay for it.
No more than you should assume by some other theories that Rafe is the second coming! :tounge: I, personally, don't think the song has any significant meaning. It's like some have said, they didn't have to pay for it, so that's probably why they chose it.

nanasmiles

I am just waiting for the day when the 'old' Sami gets here and EJ says, "Welcome back Darling. I've missed you."

kitkat
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jan 10 2010, 06:51 PM
All I know is that I want EJ to win this time. And win BIG. He's been had by everyone that he loved and trusted. He deserves to win. I'm rooting for him, and personally, I hope that Ejami will finally get together and raise their family together, as they should. If Ejami is not to happen any time soon, then I hope that EJ gets custody of his children rather than seeing them raised with the wannabe substitute. They are HIS children, and he has been more than fair with Sami in raising Johnny, with Sami only stabbing him in the back. EJ is in the right - HE's been the victim in all of this. HE and SYDNEY. Now they are together, and I hope they stay that way.

Oh, and I want Tony to come back. THAT would be the icing on the cake. IMO, that would be the perfect future Dimera family - EJ, Tony, Anna and Sami. All gray characters (because we all know Tony is no saint either, but we all adore him) ruling the Dimera empire.
Their family, their children... wow that sounds like Stefano talking. You know what the problem is, remember Stefano saying and they'll be together just the four of them, what does that mean screw Ali & Will. Any man that is thrown into the mix has to be willing to be the 6th member of the family, not the fouth. Sami and EJ can't go on to spend their lives with just their children, because she has two other children not by him. Now some will say that EJ brought gifts for Johnny and Ali... but where was Will's gift? I bet you a dollar Rafe bought for all the children not just one or two... And I hope that EJ gets what's coming he's got away with everything, like that judge said. He's never been prosecuted or serve a day in jail for his crimes. All the crap that Nicole did to him, was just Karma... What he sent around with Sami, the lies, the manipulation, the rape... came back and smacked him in the face. Now his father, well he gets what he deserves. Sami, well she's already paid for her crimes when it comes to EJ. This is no sign of EJAMI, if it happens I believe it will be short lived. It will also be second verse same as the first, once again manipulating the situation for her to be with him. Seems like this guy has no chance of having a honest relationship with her, so he has to take control, put her on a leash, and force her to behave... while stroking her on the head.

So I watch tomorrow episode and
Spoiler: click to toggle
. Do you think that's what EJ is going for to take control of her and her thoughts... just thinking out loud.

Twinkle, twinkle little star
How did I ever pass the bar
If in the future you ask me why
It's because I am a very evil guy

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

:popcorn:

daisy132

kitkat
Jan 12 2010, 04:31 AM
daisy132
Jan 10 2010, 06:51 PM
All I know is that I want EJ to win this time. And win BIG. He's been had by everyone that he loved and trusted. He deserves to win. I'm rooting for him, and personally, I hope that Ejami will finally get together and raise their family together, as they should. If Ejami is not to happen any time soon, then I hope that EJ gets custody of his children rather than seeing them raised with the wannabe substitute. They are HIS children, and he has been more than fair with Sami in raising Johnny, with Sami only stabbing him in the back. EJ is in the right - HE's been the victim in all of this. HE and SYDNEY. Now they are together, and I hope they stay that way.

Oh, and I want Tony to come back. THAT would be the icing on the cake. IMO, that would be the perfect future Dimera family - EJ, Tony, Anna and Sami. All gray characters (because we all know Tony is no saint either, but we all adore him) ruling the Dimera empire.
Their family, their children... wow that sounds like Stefano talking. You know what the problem is, remember Stefano saying and they'll be together just the four of them, what does that mean screw Ali & Will. Any man that is thrown into the mix has to be willing to be the 6th member of the family, not the fouth. Sami and EJ can't go on to spend their lives with just their children, because she has two other children not by him. Now some will say that EJ brought gifts for Johnny and Ali... but where was Will's gift? I bet you a dollar Rafe bought for all the children not just one or two... And I hope that EJ gets what's coming he's got away with everything, like that judge said. He's never been prosecuted or serve a day in jail for his crimes. All the crap that Nicole did to him, was just Karma... What he sent around with Sami, the lies, the manipulation, the rape... came back and smacked him in the face. Now his father, well he gets what he deserves. Sami, well she's already paid for her crimes when it comes to EJ. This is no sign of EJAMI, if it happens I believe it will be short lived. It will also be second verse same as the first, once again manipulating the situation for her to be with him. Seems like this guy has no chance of having a honest relationship with her, so he has to take control, put her on a leash, and force her to behave... while stroking her on the head.

So I watch tomorrow episode and
Spoiler: click to toggle
. Do you think that's what EJ is going for to take control of her and her thoughts... just thinking out loud.

Twinkle, twinkle little star
How did I ever pass the bar
If in the future you ask me why
It's because I am a very evil guy
By your Karma logic, Sami's getting what she deserves too, because she did just as many vile things - to her family nonetheless - including rape. And strangely enough, she didn't pay for her crimes either.

As for Starfish, did you see the gifts he bought? Because I didn't, but I did see EJ bringing gifts for both twins. And as for the rest of your post, it sounds a lot like what Starfish is doing to Sami. She can't get a word in without his permission - control is all he knows, and if he doesn't get it, he walks off.
Edited by daisy132, Jan 12 2010, 09:31 PM.

ali_ra

ema
Jan 9 2010, 04:22 PM
After the past two days, I have to admit that the writing of the whole baby hiding/switch/kidnapping that has gone on for the past year and a half has really taken us fans for a spin.

Yes, it was spoiled who it probably was, if you read the spoilers, but still now that we know that EJ was behind the kidnapping it will be interesting to find out if this was something planned or a spur of the moment decision.

Plus it will be interesting to find out the reasons he really did it and what will need to happen for this "kidnapping" to end. Who is he protecting and who is he protecting them from.

I really did not know what to think after the first day, whether to be happy or sad, as I had a lot of questions in my mind, but after todays epi where we see EJ talking with Anna and Sydney, some of them were answered, but I know there is still alot of speculating to do.

So here is what I get out of what I saw. I would love to see what others think. Please try to keep this to the storyline and not attacking the characters that you don't care for, we all have our favorites but most importantly, it's all about the storyline, the mystery and the twists.

IMO EJ has plays his role secretively very very well. I can see where the people around him would not guess that he is behind it. This exterior cracked a little when he went to see Anna and when he saw Sydney. I got the feeling that he did this for Sydney. She was his first priority. Also, it seems that Anna is his confidant. That's good cause he needs one! She seems to be doing it to get back at Stephano and for the money that was Tony's that she felt should have become hers after he died. She also does not like Sami, but she loves Sydney.

It seems that Ej has an agenda that he is not even going to let Anna in on, he is keeping it to himself. I know that he has been lied to and crossed over by his Father, who seems obsessed with his grandkids- especially Sydney. But he also does not trust Sami, but I am really unsure if he is doing this to get back at her personally or is it to protect her from the people that he doesn't trust? Maybe that Stephano will come after her and Sydney of she is with her? They did apologize and seem to forgive each other over the past month, but then both seem to not trust the other... or is it that EJ doesn't trust Rafe even though he is" FBI".

When he was on the phone to Sami, EJ didn't seem to be having a hateful look in his eye, so it made me think that maybe it was not Sami personally, but the circumstances of all that happened.

Then at the end of the show, when Anna asked when he thought this would be over, he told her that it will be over when I say so... or something very close to that so what do you think has to happen and how long is it going to take?

It was a tender moment with him singing to Sydney at the end of the show singing" Twinkle, Twinkle little star." it made me start thinking as I only half listened to the words, I had to rewind the DVR a couple of times and then ZI went onto google and googled the lyrics as it almost seemed to be having Sydney as a metaphor to the Star and it's twinkle...
The bold parts are what he sang.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are!
When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark;
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
The symbolism of the nursery rhyme is sailors used to be guided by the North Star. They couldn't determine their location until the Sun went down and the stars came out.

Sydney is EJ's "Little Star." Everyone wonders "Where you are." She's untouchable "Like a diamond in the sky".

"When the Blazing Sun is gone" means the threats to Sydney (specifically Stefano, and secondarily Rafe's intention to be Sydney's Daddy) are gone she will show her little light to others again.

He didn't sing the part about the dark traveler, but singing the whole thing would have eaten up a lot of show time so they just hit the two most important parts. I'll go ahead and infer that EJ is the "Dark Traveler" and his star is guiding his way (providing his motivation.)
I am an EJAMI fan and i think a lot of us EJAMI fans have waited a long time for them to get back together so I would be upset if EJ is doing this to hurt Sami as i think they have gone a far way and has forgiven each other.

When Sami followed EJ to visit Grace, i think they had a break through and the way they were looking at each other i didn't see any hate in EJ's eyes for Sami at all. And when they got back to Sami's place, EJ thank Sami for going with him and then he kissed her on the cheek so for him to do this as revenge to Sami i just don't get that part.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply