Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney interview; With MSN
Topic Started: Jan 12 2010, 04:21 PM (3,404 Views)
six
Member Avatar

http://tv.msn.com/superfans/soaps/blog/interview-ally-sweeney-talks-days-bl9/?silentchk=1&
There's more in the link about TBL - quoting the days section since there's been some trouble with the link

I got a chance to chat with "Days of Our Lives" Alison Sweeney at the TCA press tour (where the networks preview their new & returning shows) and learned that while things were tense at Nicole's trial, the vibe onset during shooting was anything but!

"We had a great time," Ali reports. "That judge (George Wyner) was Colonel Sandurz in 'Spaceballs,' so in between scenes we were in hysterics quoting the entire movie back to him, which luckily, he was not annoyed by! We were having so much fun."

Sweeney has also been having fun with the storyline, itself. No surprise, really, considering all the twists and turns Sami has seen since the baby swap!

With all that's happened in the last year, however, Sweeney really got a kick out the newest twist - that EJ is behind the kidnapping.

"Do you believe that?" she marvels. "I was so shocked! He's a good actor not just James (Scott), but EJ, too. He obviously has an agenda. I told Gary (Tomlin) that it's a one gasp per episode rule when I read scripts, but he got two good ones from me that day. Damn him!

And there's more to come: "You're definitely left to wonder what EJ's motive is and that is definitely a great twist that's coming up," she teases. "Certainly, how the rest of them deal with it is another big element, with the aftermath of this and then taking it to the next level of the storyline and hopefully, at some point, getting the baby back."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if this is the twistiest story ever told. Sydney's life has been one red herring after another. It's really about time the show moves on, and stops trying to wring just a little bit more out of the storyline.
Edited by six, Jan 12 2010, 04:26 PM.

Days4Life

Sydney is going to need lots of therapy.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

His motive is a twist? How long is this shit going to go on?!?!?

Thanks, six!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I think I need "twist" therapy. :shame:

But even with that said, I have to admit I'm intrigued. If EJ being the Sydnapper wasn't the 'great' twist but rather his motive for doing it - I'm at a loss. Either revenge or using it as a means to reunite with Sami have been pretty much the only theories I've seen tossed around. I don't really see either of those qualifying as a 'great' twist. :shrug:

Thanks for posting!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think they are smart to keep it going. It's not like it's the same story over and over. The same players are involved but the story itself keeps transforming. What was once a simple baby switch developed into several things over time. We saw the Dimera/Kiriakis feud tied in with it at one point. The Arianna/Brady/Nicole story was tied in with it. Rafe/Sami/EJ is now tied in with it. It tied into the teen story and setting up the future story for that group. It's probably going to set up even more stuff in the weeks ahead. That is what you want. You want stories within a story so you can keep going and there are no lulls. Plus, even though it seems some on the boards are sick of it, the ratings are doing fine. Until you start getting a sense that the ratings are suffering, they would be stupid to abandon long-term story.

I don't think his motive will be much of a twist. I suspect it will merely be he wants to run off with both kids or something. I think that is just Ali hyping it and that we've seen the last big twist in this kidnapping story with EJ being revealed as the mastermind.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

UGH! Another twist? He has another motive other then the obvious one? Good lord, we need to wrap this sl up already.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

I think E.J.'s masterplan is to get both Sydney AND Sami back. He's going to build a mistrust between Rafe and Sami hoping that it will eventually break them up and he'll finally get Sami back for good.
Dream on, E.J.!!! I hope Rafe finds out and is the one to reveal the proof to Sami! Then it would be Sami who'd get full custody. After all, E.J. kidnapped his child away from his mother.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

six
Jan 12 2010, 04:21 PM
And there's more to come: "You're definitely left to wonder what EJ's motive is and that is definitely a great twist that's coming up," she teases. "Certainly, how the rest of them deal with it is another big element, with the aftermath of this and then taking it to the next level of the storyline and hopefully, at some point, getting the baby back."

To call this vague is an understatement, but anyone else think she's implying that others know that EJ was behind this before Sydney is returned? "How the rest of them deal with it" certainly seems to mean people know EJ's motive which means they must know EJ did it. Maybe PhoenixRising is right and perhaps EJ even does manage to blow town with both kids. I'll be curious to know, if he's revealed as the mastermind, how he's keeping his own butt out of prison since he staged a kidnapping and is spending taxpayer dollars to solve a fake crime.

kitkat
Member Avatar

I just don't care what his motive is, this story is getting to be a snoozeville...

Alligato
Member Avatar

Another twist, the next level and eventually getting the baby back? Good grief this doesn't seem like it will be ending anytime soon.
And I think I am okay with that. I want it to wrap up and move on to something else, and I really want to stop hearing the words "get Sydney back"...but I am very interested in seeing what EJ does next and what his motive is.

LOL about Colonel Sandurz...I know I recognized him! And I know it sounds stupid, but I found AS to be off during the trial...her demeanor, her mannerisms were a bit over the top, giddy even, so unlike AZ who is bawling the whole time and JS who looked pissed off, I could almost tell that AS was laughing or having fun.

Nice that she found time to mention Days.

justforfun

I could see it play out that EJ takes off with the kids. Doesn't he have a scene coming up this week with Stefano about selling certain assets. Maybe he's setting up money somewhere, so he can take off with the kids. Maybe Nicole will remember the voice at some point and Anna will divulge that info as EJ takes off.... could be interesting.......

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Wouldn't it be breat to find out that the twist is, this really is the Ejole baby, that EJ know all along about Nichole's miscarriage, Sami's plan to keep the baby from EJ, and that EJ was one step ahead and actually had both Sydney and the other child that NIchole supposedly miscarried. I personally would love to find out that EJ had been playing both women all along.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Oh, gosh just had a weird thought, I know I will get kick by EJAMI's but here it is... So it seems that EJ wants a family to me, and that never wants to be seperated from Sydney again. We also know that Nicole is in jail, but AZ is just on maternity leave and will return... So here's my guess, EJ has recognized one thing that Nicole let him have a family with his children that Sami would never have let him have. Being a lawyer, EJ pulls a fast one and convinces the court system that Nicole has his permission to take Sydney. She's released and he picks up Johnny for a "visit" (or maybe it's just Sydney), JS said that EJ could forgive Nicole because he does love her... So maybe the way he acted to her in the courtroom was a front, and he lets Nicole he wants to have that family with her and they make a run for it... or he files for full custody deviously. Boy that would be quite a twist.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

six
Jan 12 2010, 04:25 PM
I'm wondering if this is the twistiest story ever told. Sydney's life has been one red herring after another. It's really about time the show moves on, and stops trying to wring just a little bit more out of the storyline.
Normally I would agree with you, but I fear that once this saga wraps up we'll never see Sydney again, and that would suck. :(

My theory on the twist is that Anna's going to turn on EJ and take Sydney for herself.

daisy132

mbdimera
Jan 12 2010, 06:12 PM
six
Jan 12 2010, 04:25 PM
Normally I would agree with you, but I fear that once this saga wraps up we'll never see Sydney again, and that would suck. :(

My theory on the twist is that Anna's going to turn on EJ and take Sydney for herself.
I think that EJ and Sami are still married and that's why he never worried about the prenup from Nicole.

I also think that EJ knew about Sydney being his from the beginning. How many times did he just stand there in the doorway while Nicole was gabbing away to Sydney, or talking to Brady and Dr. Baker on the phone without knowing he was there? Are we supposed to think that he never heard anything? I also think that EJ is planning on ruining his father - that's why he's slowly taking over all the business and the assets. IMO, EJ is becoming his own man, and for the past year he just played dumb while following his agenda. It's much easier to observe others when they don't think you're looking or when it looks like you don't know what's going on around you. I see him as Days' version of Victor Newman from Y&R.
Edited by daisy132, Jan 12 2010, 09:25 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, my theory is that Syd is the EJole baby and Nicole will remember that its Anna that kidnapped Syd. She tells Brady because she doesnt trust EJ. Brady either works with Ariana and/or Rafe (whos in the outs w/Sami because she trusts EJ.)

They all are getting onto EJ when Steffy figures it out before everyone and goes to Anna and takes Syd for himself!

Syd gets sick and Steffy brings in his top doctor and finds out that shes the EJole baby! We see doc Baker switching the babies. Grace was Sami's and Mias was sold to someone else. (Interesting that Bo and Rafe talked about doc Baker yesterday....hmmm)

As for EJ's motivation, I think its revenge. He knows that SAFE will do anything to cut him out of his daughter's life, and he overheard Sami wish EJ were never part of her life, so he's making sure that he's the one to raise Syd. I also think he can forgive both Steffy and Nicole because their motivations were to keep him in Syd's life, while Sami's was the opposite.

Why are theyre still trying to find Syd if all of the major players are still on canvas, because Nicole is key to the next part of this sl.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Excerpts from another new interview:

What do you think about 'Days'' decision to kill off Uncle Mickey (John Clarke, the veteran actor, who played him opted to retire a few years ago). Didn't Mickey's legal expertise keep Sami out of jail once or twice?
(Laughs) No! Never. I don't think he ever won a case. I mean no disrespect to the actor or the character. I don't know what motivated the writers to do it. I know Suzanne Rogers [Maggie, Mickey's widow] played the hell out of it. She's an amazingly talented actress and reminded everyone why she has that [Daytime] Emmy [for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 1979] in her living room.

Do you see your hosting gig on 'Loser' as a way to transition out of daytime?
No. I've stayed at 'Days.' I love my job. I really do. I also love reality TV. this is the only job in reality TV that I could have done and stayed in 'Days.'

Sami's missing some important people in her life -- her mom, Marlena (Deidre Hall), Austin (Austin Peck), and, most recently, Lucas (Bryan Dattilo).
[Not having Bryan on the show] is heartbreaking to me. I saw some of Austin's work on 'As the World Turns.' I love him. Fans ask me all the time about all these characters. Sami misses her mom!

'Days' has seen an increase in its numbers at a time when other shows on other networks are being canceled for low ratings. Why is 'Days' doing so well?
Gary Tomlin [our executive producer]. He's turned the show around. He has helped it come in under budget and made our stories even more compelling. The genre is still valid. Shows like 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Lost' are also soap operas. The audience is still there. If we can compete, we'll stay on the air.

http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/01/12/alison-sweeney-biggest-loser-days-of-our-lives-interview/

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

I told Gary (Tomlin) that it's a one gasp per episode rule when I read scripts, but he got two good ones from me that day.

I'm surprised no one commented on this yet. Was she talking about reading the scripts or acting them out regarding the gasps?

In any event, the show has done twisted all the interest I had in the baby storyline right out of me with all these twists. I really salute those who actually still care at this point.

lysie
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jan 12 2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:

I told Gary (Tomlin) that it's a one gasp per episode rule when I read scripts, but he got two good ones from me that day.

I'm surprised no one commented on this yet. Was she talking about reading the scripts or acting them out regarding the gasps?

In any event, the show has done twisted all the interest I had in the baby storyline right out of me with all these twists. I really salute those who actually still care at this point.
There's never only two gasps.

Notice in that other interview that Sami misses her mom, but Ali doesn't miss Deidre, lol.
Mickey did win at least one case. It was for Sami.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply