Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell on Bo, Hope - and Carly; Sony Interview
Topic Started: Jan 12 2010, 06:42 PM (6,387 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Peter Reckell on Bo, Hope - and Carly

After Hope was "killed" by Ernesto Toscano in a vat of acid, Bo was left to grieve his beloved wife. During this time, he met Dr. Carly Manning. And, although at first there was a great deal of animosity between the two, eventually (naturally) they fell in love. They were never officially married but they did exchange symbolic vows on top of a Mayan temple. Click here to watch their Mayan vows.

Eventually, however, Carly left Salem to be with Lawrence Alamain and their son, Nikki. She recently returned, and at an opportune time; Hope had just moved out of her and Bo's house with their daughter, Ciara. Carly needed protection and a place to stay and Bo offered them both.

As Peter told us, Hope leaving was "the catalyst for pretty much everything that's happening right now, especially the way she moved out, taking our daughter. Not being in touch with Bo for, I don't know, a couple of weeks. He didn't even have any way to contact them. A lot of things happened during that period of time, the worry about where they were, the anger about not giving me some way of talking to them. Like I said, it was a catalyst to a lot of hurt feelings and anger." And this was the scene that Carly stepped into.

On top of that, Bo really couldn't understand Hope's actions. "The whole reason she did it," he told us, "was because she thought I handled the kidnapping the wrong way." Bo, however, is quite certain he handled it the right way. "We did it the way the department is supposed to do it," Peter continued. "The rules and regulations about kidnapping are that way because, most often, this is what works. That's what I followed. She thinks they should have done it her way, which is going by her emotions and the procedure is to help people whose emotions get in the way when they're trying to get their child back."

And following the rules did bring Ciara back. Now, perhaps rightfully so, Bo thinks their little girl "needs her family together to have that security and Hope is taking her away, taking her from her home, etc. She doesn't have that security. So we have a huge disagreement on how to handle our daughter." This has further driven the wedge between Bo and Hope, and opened up old wounds, as traumatic situations often can. Namely, it has opened up the wounds that never quite healed after the death of their son, Zack. As Peter told us, "we've had disagreements in the past. We've sort of pulled ourselves together and moved forward. Those things I guess have kind of built up and gotten to the point of, well, we've reached the exploding point." He continued, saying that "with a certain circumstance like that, it's difficult to not try to blame somebody and most often you blame the person you most love. That's on top of everything else. I don't know how you overcome a circumstance where your child is killed like that. That's unfathomable to me. I hope I'm never faced with that."

Hope had moved out and taken Ciara and Bo couldn't begin to wrap his mind around why. He was hurt, resentful, angry, and that's when Carly came back to town. "It's funny because people talk about it like it's a new thing," Peter said. "The thing with us is that we've got this very intimate relationship that was several years ago. With her coming back, it isn't something that is just starting. It's old, old feelings that are being stirred up. At first, it's like an old friend and it's comfortable that way. It's as if we talked yesterday although it's been fifteen years or whatever. There's that comfortableness and I think that's what helps the two of them pull together. Carly has her drama and the hell she's going through and I've got my drama and the hell I'm going through. We can support each other and the relationship itself is kind of a haven. We can just be ourselves with each other. We understand the other person so it makes it that much easier."

Does this mean it's curtains for Bo and Hope? We'll withhold judgment on that, but for now, it sure looks that way.

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/interviews_detail_4262.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

Good stuff! And I TOTALLY see Bo's POV!

Thanks Angie!

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Fuck Bo. He is just a jerk. Marriages have issues. You don't get to go screw your ex-women or men when it suits you. Bo did this while wearing his freaking wedding ring. He was not legally seperated. He hadn't even filed for divorce. He is nothing but a cheap excuse for a hero and husband. HATE HIM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Peter assessment of it is right on. I love the approach the show has taken with this story.

That is why it's not rushed having Bo sleep with Carly now. It's not a new relationship. It's a rekindling of one. They are both vulnerable and looking for an escape. It makes perfect sense.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 12 2010, 07:16 PM
That is why it's not rushed having Bo sleep with Carly now. It's not a new relationship. It's a rekindling of one. They are both vulnerable and looking for an escape. It makes perfect sense.
If more time had been spent with Bo and Carly discussing their past together, it wouldn't have seemed quite so abrupt to newer viewers, IMO.

six
Member Avatar

TFP. Other than Hope being so annoying early on, this triangle has been pretty good.

kabre
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 12 2010, 06:42 PM
"It's funny because people talk about it like it's a new thing," Peter said. "The thing with us is that we've got this very intimate relationship that was several years ago. With her coming back, it isn't something that is just starting. It's old, old feelings that are being stirred up. At first, it's like an old friend and it's comfortable that way. It's as if we talked yesterday although it's been fifteen years or whatever. There's that comfortableness and I think that's what helps the two of them pull together. Carly has her drama and the hell she's going through and I've got my drama and the hell I'm going through. We can support each other and the relationship itself is kind of a haven. We can just be ourselves with each other. We understand the other person so it makes it that much easier."

Love his comments here....and completely agree.

rosecarrington

vulnerable looking for an exscape my asss!!!thats a lame fucking excuse for a cheating ass son of a bitch....fuck bo that dyslexic bitch!!!

Weebs79

I totally agree with Peter's pov. Hope is the one who started all this. She left him 1x w/ Ciara and wouldn't even tell him where she was going with his own daughter. Then she sent boarding school papers via Justin! It seems she was doing a power ploy and trying to neuter Bo at the same time and it back fired on the dumb bitch! And the funny thing is this shit happens all the time in real life. Dumb bitches wanting the control and power in the relationship! (btw I'm a female)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Weebs79
Jan 12 2010, 08:33 PM
I totally agree with Peter's pov. Hope is the one who started all this.
Actually, the writers are the ones who started it by ruining Hope and having her act like such a stupid bitch, LoL.

But I agree, she's far from blameless in this situation.

sandyeggo1

So sleeping with Carly is Bo's revenge? This new Bo is such a loser. Who cares about his confusion and who he loves and who he's mad at. I think they should both dump the creep and leave him all alone with his right hand and six pack of beer.

Kenny
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jan 12 2010, 08:36 PM
This new Bo is such a loser. Who cares about his confusion and who he loves and who he's mad at. I think they should both dump the creep and leave him all alone with his right hand and six pack of beer.
LoL. Sounds like Sharon/Nick/Phyllis on Y&R.

Weebs79

sandyeggo1
Jan 12 2010, 08:36 PM
So sleeping with Carly is Bo's revenge? This new Bo is such a loser. Who cares about his confusion and who he loves and who he's mad at. I think they should both dump the creep and leave him all alone with his right hand and six pack of beer.
I think the street term is a grudge fuck. LOL! I bet the writers had Bo and Carly sport fuck so now Bo's done something worse than Hope to justify this shitastic storyline. So now viewers will totally forget what a cum dumpster Hope has been and start on the "he broke his vows" bullshit! Ugh

wkline
Member Avatar

:wow: Dena's writing is horrible,, bed hopping is all she know's how to write.. :shame: :thumbsdown:

rosecarrington

bo dont give no stinkin dam about hope leaving taking ciara,all bo care about is getting his rocks off...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 12 2010, 08:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
If more time had been spent with Bo and Carly discussing their past together, it wouldn't have seemed quite so abrupt to newer viewers, IMO.
I agree. For those fans that actually watched Bo and Carly fall in love the first time, and those that didn't, but got to do their research and learned about their love story, it's not as jarring for Bo to sleep with Carly. However, for a new fan, no matter how many flashbacks are shown, it's going to be a little weird to see Bo in bed with anyone other than Hope after years of it being crammed into our heads that they're soulmates and can't be torn apart.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 12 2010, 09:10 PM
Kenny
Jan 12 2010, 08:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
I agree. For those fans that actually watched Bo and Carly fall in love the first time, and those that didn't, but got to do their research and learned about their love story, it's not as jarring for Bo to sleep with Carly. However, for a new fan, no matter how many flashbacks are shown, it's going to be a little weird to see Bo in bed with anyone other than Hope after years of it being crammed into our heads that they're soulmates and can't be torn apart.
I agree with this somewhat. The only thing I find faulty about that reasoning is that newer viewers probably don't give a flip about Bo and Hope being together. I would think anyone that has come into watching Days since 2006 probably doesn't have the same attachment to them as a viewer would before that, especially if you consider they spent much of 2006 apart with Hope behaving much in the same way as she did during this recent breakup. Plus, you had them arguing in summer 2008 briefly due to Bo withholding evidence and then you had the other mini-breakup (which was ridiculous) this past February. Finally, you have the recent issues with them which has lasted from August-present so any recent viewers have seen them more at odds then actually together.

I don't know if they needed to spend more time prior to this on going into detail about Bo and Carly. I thought they did enough to have viewers understand the extent of it. We've gotten flashbacks. We've seen them in bonding scenes sitting back and having a beer, talking about times they spent back on the boat. They've talked about their Mayan "wedding." I do think they need to continue to do that so that the relationship is treated as just as viable as Bo and Hope's but the buildup to this IMO has been approached properly.

karmakatch63

Love the article. Peter did a great job giving Bo's pov.
Edited by karmakatch63, Jan 12 2010, 10:15 PM.

karmakatch63

Dragonish1
Jan 12 2010, 06:55 PM
Fuck Bo. He is just a jerk. Marriages have issues. You don't get to go screw your ex-women or men when it suits you. Bo did this while wearing his freaking wedding ring. He was not legally seperated. He hadn't even filed for divorce. He is nothing but a cheap excuse for a hero and husband. HATE HIM.
Fuck Hope. She left Bo, three times in three years. She has called him a bad father. She has recoiled at his touch. She has turned down every freaking attempt he has made to work TOGETHER to fix their marriage. She has done this for years. She gave more trust and respect to Franco, to Patrick and now to Justin. She mocks Bo's visions, after having left him for not sharing them.

She's told Bo it's over several time, hired a lawyer to make sure she gets to make all the decisions about Ciara, and she's been trashing Bo to his own family. Sometimes when a person says something often enough it is believed. ONE person alone cannot fix the marriage. Bo tried and tried and tried. Hope gave him the finger and told him the only thing that he could have done is admit he is wrong to her in everything. BS

Sometimes even a good guy gets tired of getting treated like a piece of trash. Hope put this into motion. Bo tried repeatedly to mend things for months. Hope throws temper tantrums. Bo got tired of it.
Way to go Bo.

karmakatch63

rosecarrington
Jan 12 2010, 08:30 PM
vulnerable looking for an exscape my asss!!!thats a lame fucking excuse for a cheating ass son of a bitch....fuck bo that dyslexic bitch!!!
Sad to read this garbage. Bo is not dyslexic. Peter is. Your hatefulness toward the actor speaks volumes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply