Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell on Bo, Hope - and Carly; Sony Interview
Topic Started: Jan 12 2010, 06:42 PM (6,598 Views)
Daysfan38

DOOL1965
Jan 18 2010, 10:38 PM
sandyeggo1
Jan 18 2010, 08:23 PM
Sam09
Jan 18 2010, 07:41 PM
jam6242
Jan 18 2010, 06:47 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I have no doubt about it. I think Kristian can do b*tch with the best...and that is a compliment. She can ride that line between evil and saintly and not go over either way.
I always thought it was a disservice to her talent to take away the core personality Hope came on the show with.....
when JER took over I think he just so weak at writing layers for characters. One was either a superhero or a villain; a sainted martyr or a sick witch.

Hope had the Julie thing going on early on....and it was her appeal. That's another one of the reasons I have become so sick of supercouples...the concept bleeds characters of personality. It takes away the strength of the individual. It happened with Bo too. Both characters became blended into the stupid formula and franky were no different than the other supercouples. They all became interchangeable.

NOW, finally Bo and Hope are individuals again. Love them or hate them together or apart, at least they both now have a chance to be doing something beside he worships her and buys her presents, she nags him and tells him he is wrong.
If you are so against the supercouple concept, why are you working overtime to sell Bo and Carly as a "supercouple"?

And I don't know if you realized it yet, but Bo is hardly an individual these days. All he does is follow Carly around and wipes up her runny nose when she cries. He's more like a babysitter to an over-grown whiner.

I agree with you. Carly is just a needy, pathetic, clingy, self-absorbed whiner who gives "it" up at the drop of a hat.
Yet, the bag of bones Hope holds out all the time.
Edited by Daysfan38, Jan 20 2010, 12:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If anyone started the mess in the Bope marriage it was Hope the Dope.Ciarra was alive and safe after being kidnapped,could she be happy,no.

Daysfan38

BalscoFan5
Jan 20 2010, 12:44 PM
If anyone started the mess in the Bope marriage it was Hope the Dope.Ciarra was alive and safe after being kidnapped,could she be happy,no.
It is all the Dopes fault. :applause:

sandyeggo1

Daysfan38
Jan 20 2010, 12:40 PM
DOOL1965
sandyeggo1
Sam09
Jan 18 2010, 07:41 PM

If you are so against the supercouple concept, why are you working overtime to sell Bo and Carly as a "supercouple"?

And I don't know if you realized it yet, but Bo is hardly an individual these days. All he does is follow Carly around and wipes up her runny nose when she cries. He's more like a babysitter to an over-grown whiner.

I agree with you. Carly is just a needy, pathetic, clingy, self-absorbed whiner who gives "it" up at the drop of a hat.
Only in the imaginations of the Bo and Carly fans. Where in the show has it ever been establish that Hope was not having sex with Bo? I understand that is the universal battle cry of mistresses -- "well the wife wasn't putting out", but it doesn't apply here. I'm sure if it did, you would here Bo bitch about it at least once since he's wearing out the phrase "well, you left".

sandyeggo1

Daysfan38
Jan 20 2010, 12:47 PM
BalscoFan5
Well, then that must mean Bo gets a free pass to do anything now right? Cheat, lie, hell why stop there -- he can go murder someone now and he can always fall back on "it's all Hope's fall for leaving". Nothing like a good scapegoat to take all your responsibilities and commitments off your shoulders huh?

Daysfan38

sandyeggo1
Jan 20 2010, 12:50 PM
Daysfan38
DOOL1965
sandyeggo1

Only in the imaginations of the Bo and Carly fans. Where in the show has it ever been establish that Hope was not having sex with Bo? I understand that is the universal battle cry of mistresses -- "well the wife wasn't putting out", but it doesn't apply here. I'm sure if it did, you would here Bo bitch about it at least once since he's wearing out the phrase "well, you left".
I'm not a Bo & Carly fan. Now I see why they haven't shown any love scenes between Bo & Hope. I doubt they want anyone to see how scary skinny she is.

Daysfan38

sandyeggo1
Jan 20 2010, 12:53 PM
Daysfan38
BalscoFan5
Well, then that must mean Bo gets a free pass to do anything now right? Cheat, lie, hell why stop there -- he can go murder someone now and he can always fall back on "it's all Hope's fall for leaving". Nothing like a good scapegoat to take all your responsibilities and commitments off your shoulders huh?

Didn't Hope say Bo was free to do what he wants?

sandyeggo1

Daysfan38
Jan 20 2010, 12:55 PM
sandyeggo1
Jan 20 2010, 12:50 PM
Daysfan38
DOOL1965

I'm not a Bo & Carly fan. Now I see why they haven't shown any love scenes between Bo & Hope. I doubt they want anyone to see how scary skinny she is.
Nah, that's not it because they had her in a bed scene this summer during Bo's vision. Besides, if the show didn't wan't to show her body for some reason, they would probably dress her really "frumpy". You know, like maybe wear a big black puffy sleeve raincoat with a thick belt up under her boobs. And underwear, well, the would probably look for the biggest damn bra they can find, maybe something in polkadots to distract the viewers attention.

Daysfan38

Say what you want about clothes. I still think Hope is so skinny she's all head.

karmakatch63

Daysfan38
Jan 20 2010, 12:56 PM
sandyeggo1
Daysfan38
BalscoFan5

Reminding Hope every she whines about their marriage being in trouble that she left is just using the truth. Hope and friends are so used to being told, "it's OK. It's cute when Hope has temper tantrums. It's cute when Hope tells Bo he's a bad person. It's all cute because it's Hope. Oops, they forgot, cute doesn't work to excuse the temper tantrums of a forty something woman.

As for the sex, Hope threw Bo out of the bedroom the night Ciara was saved. So yea, she was not "putting out". Using sex and intimacy as weapons in a marriage is always a bad choice. It just is. When you withhold sexual and emotional intimacy (and you do so by leaving and refusing to communicate), sometimes the repercussions are not good.
When Bo tried to touch Hope, hug her, the night of the rescue, Hope pulled away like she was repulsed by his touch.
I think that sends a message.

Clearly Hope does not love Bo. The sooner Bo accepts that the better. Sadly, Bo has a loving and forgiving heart. He enables Hope's selfish, self serving tantrums.

Daysfan38

Sam09
Jan 20 2010, 01:37 PM
Daysfan38
sandyeggo1
Daysfan38

Reminding Hope every she whines about their marriage being in trouble that she left is just using the truth. Hope and friends are so used to being told, "it's OK. It's cute when Hope has temper tantrums. It's cute when Hope tells Bo he's a bad person. It's all cute because it's Hope. Oops, they forgot, cute doesn't work to excuse the temper tantrums of a forty something woman.

As for the sex, Hope threw Bo out of the bedroom the night Ciara was saved. So yea, she was not "putting out". Using sex and intimacy as weapons in a marriage is always a bad choice. It just is. When you withhold sexual and emotional intimacy (and you do so by leaving and refusing to communicate), sometimes the repercussions are not good.
When Bo tried to touch Hope, hug her, the night of the rescue, Hope pulled away like she was repulsed by his touch.

Clearly Hope does not love Bo. The sooner Bo accepts that the better. Sadly, Bo has a loving and forgiving heart. He enables Hope's selfish, self serving tantrums.
I don't think it's wrong for her to be reminded she left. She has know problem bringing others past mistakes and throwing it their face.

sandyeggo1

Sam09
Jan 20 2010, 01:37 PM
Daysfan38
sandyeggo1
Daysfan38

So that's where that BS came from? Hope not wanting to jump into bed with Bo while she was angry with him one night? Good grief. I know that's Bo's answer to everything, but it amazes me how one little thing like that gets twisted into crap like "Hope wasn't sleeping with Bo for months" and "Hope is withholding intimacy and repulsed by his touch". That's really grasping.

duckie
Member Avatar

Well, she hasn't been sleeping with him for months because she moved out of the house for crying out loud. It apparently started the night that Sam09 referred to and continued from there. There's been no indication that there has been any intimacy between these two for months - on a physical or emotional level. What was going on before the kidnapping, I can't say, but I think we can safely assume that there hasn't been any intimacy since the kidnapping.

KathyRon

I wonder if all these wonderful Bo fans will still hate Hope this much once Bo and Hope get back together? :flipoff: Because guess what guys. They are going to get back together during this next phase! :makeout: What am I thinking. The haters will still hate Hope and the haters will hate Bo! :moon: That seems to be a given on the board lately~ :frustration:

AlisonLou

I hope this happens. I'm getting bored with Bo and Carly already. And Justin's really doing nothing for me in this story.

I'd rather see Justin with Carly!
Edited by AlisonLou, Jan 21 2010, 05:29 AM.

Morganarose

Bo is starting to look like a doofus with his actions as Carly's little lap dog, especially justifying Carly's concern to Melanie regarding Vivian. How silly did Bo look in that scene? Who is this Bo?

sandyeggo1

Morganarose
Jan 21 2010, 08:12 AM
Bo is starting to look like a doofus with his actions as Carly's little lap dog, especially justifying Carly's concern to Melanie regarding Vivian. How silly did Bo look in that scene? Who is this Bo?
Yes, Bo looked like a giggling twit in that scene. It was embarrassing. This can't be the real Bo Brady.

LawlyFan4ever
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 12 2010, 08:34 PM
Weebs79
Jan 12 2010, 08:33 PM
I totally agree with Peter's pov. Hope is the one who started all this.
Actually, the writers are the ones who started it by ruining Hope and having her act like such a stupid bitch, LoL.

But I agree, she's far from blameless in this situation.
ITA!!! I hate the writing staff!! They've screwed up everyone!!

Faye

I like Bo and Carly together a lot more than Bo&Hope, but I don't really know if they have a proper relationship? More like two vulnerable people seeking for comfort.

karmakatch63

AlisonLou
Jan 21 2010, 05:27 AM
I hope this happens. I'm getting bored with Bo and Carly already. And Justin's really doing nothing for me in this story.

I'd rather see Justin with Carly!
And then you can watch Bo and Hope disappear.

No thanks. Peter and Kristian have worked too hard and too long to become Tom and Alice, boring sideline characters occasionally called out to support the love stories for the kids. I do not see either actor content as dull, background characters, who are never allowed to be or do anything more than a part of a supercouple "stuck" in box to keep a few fans comfortable.
I would rather see my favorite leave the show than be written as nothing more than a prop.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply