Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bo Takes Off His Wedding Ring; January 26th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 13 2010, 12:56 AM (3,979 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

While Hope is having a heart-to-heart with Maggie and admitting to her that she wants Bo back, Bo is telling Phillip that he has moved on with Carly.

Bo and Phillip are talking about the wedding and Philip asks Bo to be in the wedding. Phillip tells Bo that Carly can't be there and Bo says he understands. Bo sees Vivian come into the mansion, so he says that Carly did come back to Salem because she was after him. He says this so Vivian will think that his why she is back, and not because of her daughter. Phillip mentions that Bo is still wearing his wedding ring, so Bo takes it off and says that he still has feelings for Carly and that they are an item.

Later on Bo tells Abe what he did. Abe asks if he is going to tell Hope that he said what he did for Vivian's benefit. Bo says that the last time he did that or had a similar circumstance was when Hope saw Carly in the house and Victor got it out of her. So telling Hope that it was for Vivian to hear wouldn't stay a secret for long. And if Vivian finds out he was lying, she will be even angrier and take it out on Carly or Melanie. Abe warns Bo that his actions are going to hurt Hope.

Hope sees that Bo is no longer wearing his ring and believes his story that he is back with Carly. "She's just so devastated," sighs Kristian. "But judging by his actions, he was always ready to move on, I guess."

Is that true? Peter says, "He's still trying to figure that out; it's all very, very confusing. Obviously, he still loves Hope and the most important thing is he wants to be a father to Ciara." Peter goes on to say, "And then he has Carly and old feelings are being stirred up and she needs a lot of help. It's like a perfect soap opera, stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has all of these feelings going on and doesn't know how to wrangle them."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Bo is flighty as hell. He acts first and maybe thinks about it later.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love it. A lot of people are going to be upset with Bo's lie to Vivian leading Hope to believe their marriage is done, but that's what a soap is about. Misunderstands that lead to conflict and more drama. At least this one actually makes sense, unlike the last time Bo and Hope broke up over a misunderstanding due to Kate and Billie setting things up at that motel for Hope to walk in on what looked like Bo and Billie in bed together. :eyeroll:

Kenny
Member Avatar

More misunderstandings and misinterpretations?

If it weren't for all the manufactured bullshit, there would be no story, LoL. Don't the writers have enough material here to build drama without the contrived miscommunications, etc.?

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I thought as soon as Hope figured out Bo slept with Carly she would file for divorce. Maybe seeing Bo not wearing his wedding ring is what will force her to take that action.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 13 2010, 01:00 AM
I love it. A lot of people are going to be upset with Bo's lie to Vivian leading Hope to believe their marriage is done, but that's what a soap is about. Misunderstands that lead to conflict and more drama. At least this one actually makes sense, unlike the last time Bo and Hope broke up over a misunderstanding due to Kate and Billie setting things up at that motel for Hope to walk in on what looked like Bo and Billie in bed together. :eyeroll:
Wasn't it Chelsea and Billie? Your point still stands true though. Just look at the best soap stories. Misunderstandings often times were huge parts of them. The one thing you don't want is misunderstandings being the backbone of a story. That is not the case here. The case here is that Bo and Hope nearly lost their daughter. She didn't like what he did and it brought out old wounds that never healed. She made a rash decision and left with their daughter for a period of time and things have snowballed since. Then you have Bo trying to help Carly and her daughter and the danger involved is forcing him to do some things (like take his ring off and declare he and Carly an item) that cause him to push Hope further away.

I like this. I like that we get Bo/Philip, Hope/Maggie, and Bo/Abe scenes. I can understand why Bo does what he does given what happened with Hope the last time he said anything.

I also love how it is mentioned that Vivian would get angrier and take it out on Carly and Melanie. Nice subtle mention of Carly's daughter LOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 13 2010, 01:12 AM
DrewHamilton
Wasn't it Chelsea and Billie?
No. It was definitely Billie and Kate. Chelsea then made Abby tell Hope about Morgan Island so that she would go there with Patrick, leaving Bo in Salem with Billie.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I remember Billie having sex with Bo and he was delirious and kept calling her Hope. *rolls eyes* Thank you Billie for setting women back forty years. I was so mad that she was SOOOO desperate.

Kenny
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Jan 13 2010, 01:27 AM
I remember Billie having sex with Bo and he was delirious and kept calling her Hope. *rolls eyes* Thank you Billie for setting women back forty years. I was so mad that she was SOOOO desperate.
Remember back in 1997 when she literally begged Bo to screw her in Paris? (I think it was Paris... or maybe it was Rome.) She was like, "Oh Bo! I can't live without you! Why are you leaving me?! I need one last memory of us together. Please have sex with me! I'll die if you don't!" It was so pathetic -- and of course Hope saw their disgusting pity fuck from outside the bedroom, LoL.

That was when Billie got pregnant with Georgia/Chelsea.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 13 2010, 01:34 AM
OneBadKitty
Remember back in 1997 when she literally begged Bo to screw her in Paris? (I think it was Paris... or maybe it was Rome.) She was like, "Oh Bo! I can't live without you! Why are you leaving me?! I need one last memory of us together. Please have sex with me! I'll die if you don't!" It was so pathetic -- and of course Hope saw their disgusting pity fuck from outside the bedroom, LoL.

OMG I forgot about that. So Billie has always been pathetic beyond time and space. :shame:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
I don't mind Bo's lie to keep Vivian off the case. But I feel like this is bad storytelling all out of order to have this lie and Bo taking off the ring happen AFTER Bo slept with Carly.

That Hope would even want Bo back so quickly after he had sex with Carly, and not just in terms of Ciara having a father in her life, makes me lose respect for her. And that Bo thinks he can screw Carly yet still have a chance to get back with Hope like nothing happened makes me think Bo is a cad, which I never saw in him before.

Like every other story on DAYS right now, this one too is unfortunately going off the rails for me which sucks as I am one who could enjoy either Bope or Barly if the writing was there for it. Unfortunately, just like with the writing for Melanie and Mia, Bo is being written wishy washy as hell so I want him to end up alone until he learns how to think before he acts and stop being so cavalier with women's feelings.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

Bo is being written wishy washy as hell so I want him to end up alone until he learns how to think before he acts and stop being so cavalier with women's feelings.

That's it! I was trying to figure out a way to describe Bo and couldn't quite find the words.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This sounds great. I'm loving that Bo and Hope are now in a frontburner storyline where they belong.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 13 2010, 01:25 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 13 2010, 01:12 AM
DrewHamilton
Wasn't it Chelsea and Billie?
No. It was definitely Billie and Kate. Chelsea then made Abby tell Hope about Morgan Island so that she would go there with Patrick, leaving Bo in Salem with Billie.
It wasn't Kate. I was unable to find a clip of the episode on Youtube (I found clips of that episode but only Shelle ones) but I do still have those months on tape mostly because that was before the Zack story went off the rails for me. I went back and looked and Chelsea called Billie and convinced her to get in bed with Bo to get Hope to leave.

I don't have clips but I did find the TV.com episode summary that supports this:

Quote:

Season 41, Episode 75 Aired: 2/23/2006
Ep. #10257

Hope and Jennifer leave the motel after seeing Billie and Bo in bed together. When Bo wakes up later, Billie is fully dressed and back in the chair, and he thanks her for being there for him, but she feels guilty for having listened to Chelsea. Shawn looks at Mimi dressed in Caroline's wedding gown, but it's Belle's face he sees. Bonnie overhears Shawn confessing his love for Belle, but doesn't tell Mimi. Kate pushes Mimi to keep quiet. Chelsea goes to Patrick's to pick up some clothes, still angry that he turned her in, and overhears him talking about going to a small island. John is shocked to see that Alex has given Marlena the wedding gown she originally wore to marry him in!

TV.com

Chelsea calls Billie in the episode before this and convinces her and she strips down and gets in bed with Bo.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Jan 13 2010, 01:44 AM
Kenny
Jan 13 2010, 01:34 AM
OneBadKitty

OMG I forgot about that. So Billie has always been pathetic beyond time and space. :shame:
She didn't use to be. They made her that way when Krista Allen took over the role. Pinson's Billie started to improve at the end of her run but then they wrote the character out.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I get Bo is torn but he is acting pretty wishy-washy. But so is Hope IMO. One minute she's pushing him away, the next she wants him back. Both Bo and Hope need to make decisions and stick to it. I'm a Barly fan so I'm waiting for either Bo or Hope to file for divorce (preferably Bo) but I'm tired of the back and forth. Hopefully Bo removing his ring is a step closer to that.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Bo is just a most digusting creature. I hope Hope never takes him back. I loathe him.
Edited by Red Mist, Jan 13 2010, 07:55 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I hate it when the actors tell me it's classic soap opera. That makes me think it's not.

FanODays

As I said in another post, I'm wondering if this is the end of Bope. Maybe the writers feel like there are no more stories to tell for them and they need a new love story for this age group. Maybe Bo will fall in love with Carly and the issues between Bope will be about Ciara.

Mason
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jan 13 2010, 09:53 AM
As I said in another post, I'm wondering if this is the end of Bope.
Better not be! I'm not one of those fans who has to see their favorite couples together and happy 24/7, 12 months out of the year. That's boring. I'm more than willing to see Bo and Hope split up, provided that the story is good. But in the very end, they damn well better end up together, LoL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply