Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bo Takes Off His Wedding Ring; January 26th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 13 2010, 12:56 AM (4,033 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 13 2010, 01:34 AM
OneBadKitty
Jan 13 2010, 01:27 AM
I remember Billie having sex with Bo and he was delirious and kept calling her Hope. *rolls eyes* Thank you Billie for setting women back forty years. I was so mad that she was SOOOO desperate.
Remember back in 1997 when she literally begged Bo to screw her in Paris? (I think it was Paris... or maybe it was Rome.) She was like, "Oh Bo! I can't live without you! Why are you leaving me?! I need one last memory of us together. Please have sex with me! I'll die if you don't!" It was so pathetic -- and of course Hope saw their disgusting pity fuck from outside the bedroom, LoL.

That was when Billie got pregnant with Georgia/Chelsea.
LOL and he agreed? Why? :lol:

Were he and Hope on a break then, too?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

Mason
Jan 13 2010, 09:56 AM
FanODays
Jan 13 2010, 09:53 AM
As I said in another post, I'm wondering if this is the end of Bope.
Better not be! I'm not one of those fans who has to see their favorite couples together and happy 24/7, 12 months out of the year. That's boring. I'm more than willing to see Bo and Hope split up, provided that the story is good. But in the very end, they damn well better end up together, LoL.
In the past few years Days has done so many things that I couldn't believe, so if its the end of Bope, I wouldn't be surprised. If 3 years ago someone told you that John and Marlena would be out of Salem and leaving the way they did, would you have believed it? Would you have believed that Patch and Kayla would go get the mail and never be seen again? Would you believe that Lucas would fade away? Would you believe that the Bradys and the Hortons would be replaced by the Kiriakis' and the Hernandezs'?

I wouldn't.

Daysfan38

DrewHamilton
Jan 13 2010, 01:00 AM
I love it. A lot of people are going to be upset with Bo's lie to Vivian leading Hope to believe their marriage is done, but that's what a soap is about. Misunderstands that lead to conflict and more drama. At least this one actually makes sense, unlike the last time Bo and Hope broke up over a misunderstanding due to Kate and Billie setting things up at that motel for Hope to walk in on what looked like Bo and Billie in bed together. :eyeroll:
I agree.

karmakatch63

lysie
Jan 13 2010, 09:20 AM
I hate it when the actors tell me it's classic soap opera. That makes me think it's not.
You mean if you share a pov with an actor, it must be a bad thing???
To some extent all actors have a pov that will match with their fans....but at the same time, sometimes they are right and not pimping for the show. When they disagree with the show, often they are silent because ....sometimes it pays to keep it to yourself.

I happen to think this is classic soap opera....a triangle with no excuses like brain chips, possession or amnesia. Just people who are being human, making mistakes, getting hurt and angry and acting on their feelings and having to deal with the repercussions of their misinterpreting everything. It reflect reality with a dash of over-the-top reactions from their friends, family and enemies.

Morganarose

I agree with you Mason...well said.

Keith
Member Avatar

Bo and Abe scenes? Am I dreaming?

Is it horrible that this excites me?

karmakatch63

six
Jan 13 2010, 10:00 AM
Kenny
OneBadKitty
I remember Billie having sex with Bo and he was delirious and kept calling her Hope. *rolls eyes* Thank you Billie for setting women back forty years. I was so mad that she was SOOOO desperate.
Remember back in 1997 when she literally begged Bo to screw her in Paris? (I think it was Paris... or maybe it was Rome.) She was like, "Oh Bo! I can't live without you! Why are you leaving me?! I need one last memory of us together. Please have sex with me! I'll die if you don't!" It was so pathetic -- and of course Hope saw their disgusting pity fuck from outside the bedroom, LoL.

Actually Bo and Hope were not even married then. Hope broke it off the day of their wedding. She told Bo "it is over." (sound familiar??). She was even wearing another man's ring when she told Bo.
It was Franco who was hired by Kate to break up Bo and Hope. He had an easy job, as Hope believed in Franco from the first day she met him. Bo thought he was a weasel from the first day he met him. (sound familiar, think Patrick). Franco was actually manipulating Bo, Hope and Billie to mess up Bo and Hope. The day they were supposed to marry, Bo went off to rescue Billie (sound familiar?) because Franco had a hired a woman to go to the police with cuts and bruises. She claimed Franco had beat her. Franco then made sure Bo knew he was meeting Billie on Smith Island. Bo went there to stop Billie from being hurt. Franco was already there and he hid he boat away so Bo could not get . Bo tried to swim back, and nearly drowned before Billie found the boat, rescued him, and of course got him naked because he had hypothermia (JER had a festish about hypothemia). Anyway somehow Franco got Hope to go with him to Smith Island without her suspecting he had set it up, she saw unconscious naked Bo lying next to naked Billie......and same old, same old. She took Franco's word over Bo; she broke the engagement.
Kate then asked Bo to find Billie who had gone missing all of a sudden.
And Bo did it. Even then, after he rescued her, Bo was still wanting Hope but then Mike and Carrie (Hope's cousin, Bo's niece) told him Hope had left Salem with Franco. So I guess Bo believed them.

All of these break ups of Bo and Hope before this were the same. Misunderstanding......both being duped by others. Hope believing any guy over Bo, and always seeing the worst in Bo.

But for now, this is different. Bo did not manufacture feelings for Carly. Bo was not duped into having sex. Hope was not duped into leaving Bo. Hope chose to leave her marriage and it had nothing to do with Carly. Hope chose to trust Justin and Victor over Bo. Hope was angry at Bo long before Carly came to town.
Bo's feelings for Carly are not just rebound. I believe he truly loved Carly. Hope was dead. He was alone and he fell in love. He was encouraged to do so by his family and by the Hortons who loved Carly (you would never guess it now).
This is what makes this a good story. I think Bo still has feelings for Carly but if Hope not have left them, I do not think Bo would have acted on them.
The emotions are real. No one duped anyone into feeling something that was not there.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sam09
Jan 13 2010, 10:28 AM
lysie
I hate it when the actors tell me it's classic soap opera. That makes me think it's not.
To some extent all actors have a pov that will match with their fans....but at the same time, sometimes they are right and not pimping for the show. When they disagree with the show, often they are silent because ....sometimes it pays to keep it to yourself.

I happen to think this is classic soap opera....a triangle with no excuses like brain chips, possession or amnesia. Just people who are being human, making mistakes, getting hurt and angry and acting on their feelings and having to deal with the repercussions of their misinterpreting everything. It reflect reality with a dash of over-the-top reactions from their friends, family and enemies.
That's not what I meant at all.

It just sounds like they're trying too hard to sell it. Instead of telling me about it, they're telling me that it's good. If it's really that good, I'll see for myself and they won't need to convince me. I don't necessarily disagree with him.

karmakatch63

lysie
Jan 13 2010, 12:17 PM
Sam09
lysie

It just sounds like they're trying too hard to sell it. Instead of telling me about it, they're telling me that it's good. If it's really that good, I'll see for myself and they won't need to convince me. I don't necessarily disagree with him.
Sorry, my bad.

Actually I totally understand why the actors are trying to sell it. TPTB are telling them to....and, sadly, for everyone, with the genre on the ropes, the actors, the writers, anyone on network television has become a sales person too.
I remember the days way back when the soaps were the big money makers for the networks. Even though the actors were snubbed as not "real" actors by the industry, the actors were well paid and appreciated by their networks. And they could say pretty much anything about their characters, their stories.
Now, anyone on the soaps over 40, has got to feel lucky to have a job, let alone a storyline. So I suspect selling a story is a walk in the park for any of them, not matter how they may really feel.

As well, I cannot imagine actors, especially the ones who have been in "supercouples" not being thrilled to be out of that box doing the same thing over and over and over. Maybe that's why I am OK with them selling it. The supercouple nonsense has been sold for eons and frankly I was sick of it by the end of the 80s. The extent of silliness written just to appease couple fans burned me out. I prefer my soaps to be soap withou being silly.

kandyo

Sam09
Jan 13 2010, 11:47 AM
six
Kenny
OneBadKitty

Actually Bo and Hope were not even married then. Hope broke it off the day of their wedding. She told Bo "it is over." (sound familiar??). She was even wearing another man's ring when she told Bo.
It was Franco who was hired by Kate to break up Bo and Hope. He had an easy job, as Hope believed in Franco from the first day she met him. Bo thought he was a weasel from the first day he met him. (sound familiar, think Patrick). Franco was actually manipulating Bo, Hope and Billie to mess up Bo and Hope. The day they were supposed to marry, Bo went off to rescue Billie (sound familiar?) because Franco had a hired a woman to go to the police with cuts and bruises. She claimed Franco had beat her. Franco then made sure Bo knew he was meeting Billie on Smith Island. Bo went there to stop Billie from being hurt. Franco was already there and he hid he boat away so Bo could not get . Bo tried to swim back, and nearly drowned before Billie found the boat, rescued him, and of course got him naked because he had hypothermia (JER had a festish about hypothemia). Anyway somehow Franco got Hope to go with him to Smith Island without her suspecting he had set it up, she saw unconscious naked Bo lying next to naked Billie......and same old, same old. She took Franco's word over Bo; she broke the engagement.
And Bo did it. Even then, after he rescued her, Bo was still wanting Hope but then Mike and Carrie (Hope's cousin, Bo's niece) told him Hope had left Salem with Franco. So I guess Bo believed them.

All of these break ups of Bo and Hope before this were the same. Misunderstanding......both being duped by others. Hope believing any guy over Bo, and always seeing the worst in Bo.

But for now, this is different. Bo did not manufacture feelings for Carly. Bo was not duped into having sex. Hope was not duped into leaving Bo. Hope chose to leave her marriage and it had nothing to do with Carly. Hope chose to trust Justin and Victor over Bo. Hope was angry at Bo long before Carly came to town.
Bo's feelings for Carly are not just rebound. I believe he truly loved Carly. Hope was dead. He was alone and he fell in love. He was encouraged to do so by his family and by the Hortons who loved Carly (you would never guess it now).
This is what makes this a good story. I think Bo still has feelings for Carly but if Hope not have left them, I do not think Bo would have acted on them.
The emotions are real. No one duped anyone into feeling something that was not there.
Oh Geez. Here you go again..... some of these facts are just not!!!!. Ai Yi Yi! For the 100th time, Bo was undercover and broke it off with Hope. He married Billie making Hope believe he really loved Billie and wanted to marry her. Poor Hope was even the Maid of Honor. Hope was not in a romantic relationship with Franco...it was strickly friends on her part. He gave her a friendship ring which she really didn't want to accept....but she made sure Gran, Laura etc knew it was only a friendship ring. But what difference does it make if she wore a ring, Bo had her believing that he really wanted Billie..not Hope so she was moving on with her life. Yes, at the wedding that didn't take place because Bo was doing his thing and was off protecting Billie on the Island and poor Hope had to find them naked sleeping together (yes we the fans knew it was because he had hypothermia and Billie undressed him) but Hope wouldn't and didn't know that. However, they did get back together, but Hope went on a modeling assignment and told Bo to date Billie to see if he still had feelings for her so he could once and for all decide which woman he wanted to be with. That's when the JLKing story started and he and Billie had to pretend to be lovers and had to make Hope believe it was true. Hope can't be blamed for every little thing that happens.....sometimes Bo can take the blame for some of it...like when Billie begged him for sex and he was willing to give it to her....that's when Hope saw them in bed. Bottom line, in this current storyline, Hope started it off but Bo and Carly have only made it worse by their actions.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sam09
Jan 13 2010, 12:30 PM
lysie
Sam09
lysie

Sorry, my bad.

Actually I totally understand why the actors are trying to sell it. TPTB are telling them to....and, sadly, for everyone, with the genre on the ropes, the actors, the writers, anyone on network television has become a sales person too.
I remember the days way back when the soaps were the big money makers for the networks. Even though the actors were snubbed as not "real" actors by the industry, the actors were well paid and appreciated by their networks. And they could say pretty much anything about their characters, their stories.
Now, anyone on the soaps over 40, has got to feel lucky to have a job, let alone a storyline. So I suspect selling a story is a walk in the park for any of them, not matter how they may really feel.

As well, I cannot imagine actors, especially the ones who have been in "supercouples" not being thrilled to be out of that box doing the same thing over and over and over. Maybe that's why I am OK with them selling it. The supercouple nonsense has been sold for eons and frankly I was sick of it by the end of the 80s. The extent of silliness written just to appease couple fans burned me out. I prefer my soaps to be soap withou being silly.

Oh, I understand why they're trying to sell it. I just wish they wouldn't make comments like that. It has the opposite effect on me, lol. They should be able to convey that the story is good or that it's classic soap without just saying "it's a good story" or "it's classic soap." That should be obvious onscreen or in the recap. If it's not, then they're probably trying to cover for a bad story.

karmakatch63

lysie
Jan 13 2010, 12:37 PM
Sam09
lysie
Sam09

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Sorry, my bad.

Oh, I understand why they're trying to sell it. I just wish they wouldn't make comments like that. It has the opposite effect on me, lol. They should be able to convey that the story is good or that it's classic soap without just saying "it's a good story" or "it's classic soap." That should be obvious onscreen or in the recap. If it's not, then they're probably trying to cover for a bad story.
True. But I sadly think some actors just parrot what tptb tell them to say. And I understand why. Fans can be brutally mean to actors personally if they say anything that displeases certain segments of the crazies out there. I think some actors are better at spinning than others. Not all actors are good at publicity and public relationships. Some are naturals. Dee is one. She could probably sell ice cream to Eskimos. While Marlena was never a favorite of mine, I always liked and respected Dee and how she took charge of her career. Crystal is good at that too. I think they have natural, easy going people skills. Most actors don't, imo.
So I think selling a story is doing their job. Some do that part better than others.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sam09
Jan 13 2010, 12:44 PM
lysie
Jan 13 2010, 12:37 PM
Sam09
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sorry, my bad.

True. But I sadly think some actors just parrot what tptb tell them to say. And I understand why. Fans can be brutally mean to actors personally if they say anything that displeases certain segments of the crazies out there. I think some actors are better at spinning than others. Not all actors are good at publicity and public relationships. Some are naturals. Dee is one. She could probably sell ice cream to Eskimos. While Marlena was never a favorite of mine, I always liked and respected Dee and how she took charge of her career. Crystal is good at that too. I think they have natural, easy going people skills. Most actors don't, imo.
So I think selling a story is doing their job. Some do that part better than others.
I agree. There are several actors (Peter isn't one of them BTW) that I wish TPTB would shut up.

six
Member Avatar

kandyo
Jan 13 2010, 12:31 PM
Sam09
Jan 13 2010, 11:47 AM
six
Kenny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepliterally begged Bo to screw her in Paris? (I think it was Paris... or maybe it was Rome.) She was like, "Oh Bo! I can't live without you! Why are you leaving me?! I need one last memory of us together. Please have sex with me! I'll die if you don't!" It was so pathetic -- and of course Hope saw their disgusting pity fuck from outside the bedroom, LoL.

Oh Geez. Here you go again..... some of these facts are just not!!!!. Ai Yi Yi! For the 100th time, Bo was undercover and broke it off with Hope. He married Billie making Hope believe he really loved Billie and wanted to marry her. Poor Hope was even the Maid of Honor. Hope was not in a romantic relationship with Franco...it was strickly friends on her part. He gave her a friendship ring which she really didn't want to accept....but she made sure Gran, Laura etc knew it was only a friendship ring. But what difference does it make if she wore a ring, Bo had her believing that he really wanted Billie..not Hope so she was moving on with her life. Yes, at the wedding that didn't take place because Bo was doing his thing and was off protecting Billie on the Island and poor Hope had to find them naked sleeping together (yes we the fans knew it was because he had hypothermia and Billie undressed him) but Hope wouldn't and didn't know that. However, they did get back together, but Hope went on a modeling assignment and told Bo to date Billie to see if he still had feelings for her so he could once and for all decide which woman he wanted to be with. That's when the JLKing story started and he and Billie had to pretend to be lovers and had to make Hope believe it was true. Hope can't be blamed for every little thing that happens.....sometimes Bo can take the blame for some of it...like when Billie begged him for sex and he was willing to give it to her....that's when Hope saw them in bed. Bottom line, in this current storyline, Hope started it off but Bo and Carly have only made it worse by their actions.
Thanks to both of you for your takes on it. Some of that sounds familiar, but I couldn't watch very often back then.

LiZa
Member Avatar

This story line is STUPID!

What is his excuse for having SEX with Carly? All for Vivian too? Even thou Vivian finds out who Carly's daughter is.

Why are they writing the men on Days so stupidly?

First Bo, Nathan, now Brady. Brady goes back to Ari only because Nicole isn't around. Nathan now says Steph is only a friend. Sigh.

King
Member Avatar

This probably should have happened before he banged Carly. LOL.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

How many times have Bope broken up, returned to one another then had a re-commitment ceremony only to break up again? I no longer feel their supercouple status. The performances from all characters involved is the only thing making this sl enjoyable.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

King
Jan 13 2010, 02:14 PM
This probably should have happened before he banged Carly. LOL.
LOL, Yep!

Dr. Chip

This reminds me of how Shane & Kimberly came to an end. All these "soapy" misunderstandings kept happening, even though the two obviously loved each other, but then they never made it back together.

Isn't there a sizable tattoo under Bo's ring? Guess they'll have to use a lot of makeup to cover it up.

MysteryPoster

I just want Bo and Carly together as a couple....for a while at least...The one thing I hate about Days is that you know that Bo and Hope will be together in the end and I hate that because it doesn't surprise you at all....Now although I love Bo and Carly together, it's going to surprise me if Days has them as a bonafide couple and even have them live together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply