Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bo Takes Off His Wedding Ring; January 26th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 13 2010, 12:56 AM (3,935 Views)
LawlyFan4ever
Member Avatar

I love this show, and I hate this show. I've watched for 27 years and the writing at this point has reached an all time low. I've never experienced so many characters having their personalities, actions, characteristics, everything re-written. It's disgusting imho. Not to leave out the fact that the current writing staff couldn't do a decent character return if they wrote their own lives as returns.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

Carly treats Bo with much more respect than Hope. Hope has left him and mistreated him on numerous occasions. I think he just can't take anymore and finally sees Hope for who she really is- selfish. Carly is an adult; he has a history with her and would have ultimately spent his life with her had she not left to be with her son and Lawrence. Bo shouldn't have slept with Carly while still married to Hope if he wants a chance of working things out; that I agree with. It was wrong. But I can't forget that Hope started all of this by running off with their daughter. She could have come home at any time; Bo begged her to come back and she wouldn't. Hope needs to accept this as ultimately her fault. She got what she wanted. Oh no, she didn't, she wanted Bo to sit at home and wait indefinitely until she decided to grace him with her presence and not be a total BITCH to him. Sorry Hope, he didn't wait. Too bad, so sad. Maybe she'll learn Bo isn't a door mat this time.

sandyeggo1

Beth
Jan 14 2010, 01:51 PM
Carly treats Bo with much more respect than Hope. Hope has left him and mistreated him on numerous occasions. I think he just can't take anymore and finally sees Hope for who she really is- selfish. Carly is an adult; he has a history with her and would have ultimately spent his life with her had she not left to be with her son and Lawrence. Bo shouldn't have slept with Carly while still married to Hope if he wants a chance of working things out; that I agree with. It was wrong. But I can't forget that Hope started all of this by running off with their daughter. She could have come home at any time; Bo begged her to come back and she wouldn't. Hope needs to accept this as ultimately her fault. She got what she wanted. Oh no, she didn't, she wanted Bo to sit at home and wait indefinitely until she decided to grace him with her presence and not be a total BITCH to him. Sorry Hope, he didn't wait. Too bad, so sad. Maybe she'll learn Bo isn't a door mat this time.
Carly kisses up to Bo's ego really good with her weak damsel in distress routine. If that's what you mean by respect, then Ok Looks more like she manipulating him to me. But just like the love between Bo and Carly is one sided, so is the respect. Bo is using Carly for sex because just like it was quoted in SOW she is "EASY". That doesn't sound too respectful to me. :whistle:

duckie
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jan 14 2010, 02:44 PM
Bo is using Carly for sex because just like it was quoted in SOW she is "EASY". That doesn't sound too respectful to me. :whistle:
Of course, you realize SOW didn't say anything of the kind, right? The magazine quoted Peter as saying that Bo likes being with Carly and he likes their relationship. And that the relationship is easy. Nothing was ever said about Carly being easy. But why let the facts get in the way, when making things up is so much more salacious?

sandyeggo1

duckie
Jan 14 2010, 02:59 PM
sandyeggo1
Bo is using Carly for sex because just like it was quoted in SOW she is "EASY". That doesn't sound too respectful to me. :whistle:
Of course, you realize SOW didn't say anything of the kind, right? The magazine quoted Peter as saying that Bo likes being with Carly and he likes their relationship. And that the relationship is easy. Nothing was ever said about Carly being easy. But why let the facts get in the way, when making things up is so much more salacious?
Aw, why should only the Borly fans have all the fun of twisting facts. So are you trying to tell me that Bo IS respecting Carly? :loll: That must be why he changes the subject each time she tells him she loves him. Because he respects her so much. :lol:

karmakatch63

duckie
Jan 14 2010, 02:59 PM
sandyeggo1
:hail: :hail: :hail:
Of course. Anyone who read the article realizes what it said and how it was meant. But calling names is easier than actually discussing motivations of characters, why they feel what they do, why there is anger, why there is hurt and why you see one side as opposed to the other side.
EASY is just another way to use a misogynistic attitude, women to women. Such class. Just like women calling each other whores and sluts.

The fact is that if Carly is easy because she cheated on her abusive husband, or she cheated with a married man she once loved, there is hardly a woman in Salem than can't be defined as easy, with the exception of Alice. That is a fact. Hope, Kayla, Marlena, Kim, have had as many lovers outside their marriages as did Carly. Some people think even single females having sex outside of marriage with single males are "easy" or other names. But on a soap, clearly, since even the youth of Hope, Kay, Kim, they were all having sex before marriage. With Hope it was only Bo before they were married. After, well we all know the history. With Kay she was with Chris (now Roman) before Jack. Then Steve. Then Shane. Kim was prostituting before returning home to Salem.
And today's young crew, Stephanie, Melanie, and the middle crew...Sami, Nicole, Arianna. Who isn't "easy?"

Oh yea, way back when, I am guessing Julie would have been called any one of those names........but that's how women were treated then, by other women. Sad, that mind set remains in Salem. We've come a long way baby...NOT.

sandyeggo1

Sam09
Jan 14 2010, 03:28 PM
... But calling names is easier than actually discussing motivations of characters, why they feel what they do, why there is anger, why there is hurt and why you see one side as opposed to the other side.
You should know that better than anyone. You must have your black belt in Hope bashing by now.

DOOL1965

sandyeggo1
Beth
Carly kisses up to Bo's ego really good with her weak damsel in distress routine. If that's what you mean by respect, then Ok Looks more like she manipulating him to me. But just like the love between Bo and Carly is one sided, so is the respect. Bo is using Carly for sex because just like it was quoted in SOW she is "EASY". That doesn't sound too respectful to me. :whistle:
Very well said. Bo is just relieving built up stress. I agree with you. Carly is manipulating Bo. And Bo is a fool for falling for it.

Dr. Chip

It's funny, because Carly was manipulating Bo when she first showed up in Salem. She wanted to protect Frankie, so she "delivered" Bo into Lawrence's hands, endangering the lives of Bo, Alice, Jennifer, Jack, Julie, Shane, and Kayla.

duckie
Member Avatar

Actually, she enlisted Bo's help to find her brother, Frankie (without telling him that's what she needed), only to be told that she had to deliver him to Lawrence. Delivering him to Lawrence wasn't part of the original plan. As for Jennifer being endangered, she pretty much did that herself when she chose to impersonate Katerina at her wedding to Lawrence, without Carly/Katerina's knowledge, and despite the fact that Carly had told her to stay out of the whole thing. Jack and Alice got involved to save Jennifer without knowing of Carly's involvement and again without Carly's knowledge, as did Julie. Kayla and Shane were involved with Lawrence because they were trying to avenge Steve's "death." They all showed up in Lawrence's country at the same time and were surprised to see each other.

sungrey

Mason
Jan 13 2010, 09:56 AM
FanODays
Jan 13 2010, 09:53 AM
As I said in another post, I'm wondering if this is the end of Bope.
Better not be! I'm not one of those fans who has to see their favorite couples together and happy 24/7, 12 months out of the year. That's boring. I'm more than willing to see Bo and Hope split up, provided that the story is good. But in the very end, they damn well better end up together, LoL.
What Mason said. Hook me with the story, but leave the money couple together in the end.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Beth
That's easy to do when you haven't lived with someone for going on two decades.

Bo and Carly are at the easy stage. She hasn't had to wash his dirty sox, take care of him when he's sick, it's all been fantasy.

AS someone upthread has said, Bo's a cad and didn't decide to move on until he had someone else on the hook.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply