Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Winter Olympics preemption news
Topic Started: Jan 13 2010, 05:27 PM (2,056 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"Days of Our Lives" will be preempted nationally just once for the 2010 Winter Olympics, on Monday, February 15, 2010. Coverage that day will be from 1PM-5PM (live in ET/CT, tape delayed for MT/PT tome zones). For the rest of the weekdays, from Tuesday, February 16 through Friday, February 26, coverage on NBC will be from 3PM-5PM in all time zones. If "Days" airs between 3-5PM on your local affiliate, it will be airing at different times for these two weeks. Please check local listings for time changes in your area. This preemption will be the 282nd overall preemption in "Days" history. http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!

You know, I really hate sports.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!!

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Only one Olympic pre-emption? NICE.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I expected this. The past few times the Winter Olympics have aired the show was preempted at least one day.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I was expecting more pre-emptions so I'm glad it's only one day. Thanks for the info, Jason.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I can except a preemption or two for the Olympics since they only happen every 2 years.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

THank you Jason.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Only one pre-emption wow. That's surprising.

soapfan
Member Avatar

I am glad that Days will only be off for one day during the Olympics. I was expecting more days.

jdawg1077

Out of curiosity, when does Days air for most members of this board? We get it at 1PM here in the New York area. So it will most likely air at 3pm here for those two weeks. I'm just wondering how many affiliates run the show between 3pm and 5pm to begin with, because I don't think that many do. During the 2008 Summer Olympics, Days got a huuuge ratings lift (.5 in one week I believe) just from following the Olympics. I'm hoping that the same will happen again, but that will depend on how many cities have to bump the show to a middle-of-the-night time slot.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

St. Louis affiliate runs it at 2:00 Central Time.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Aw man, I guess I have to re-set my DVR. DAYS airs in LA @ 1pm.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

1pm central time in Milwaukee. During the Summer Olympics it aired here at 3pm central.

cassie1013

I'll never forget the 2-week preemption during the middle of the Island storyline or whatever. So annoying.

Anyway, I was hoping for a similar preemption this time because I wont have time to watch, LoL.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Re: Some comments above. There will only be time slot switches if "Days" normally airs in your market between 3PM-5PM (which isn't many affiliates). "Days" will be airing at its regular time on most affiliates (NYC, LA, etc...) at 1PM. The Olympics will be aired from 3PM-5PM on weekdays, except for the one preemption day, 2/15 (1PM-5PM), when "Days" won't be on at all.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Oh, thanks for the info! Glad to know that I dont have to change my DVR!

jdawg1077

Jason47
Jan 16 2010, 11:30 PM
Re: Some comments above. There will only be time slot switches if "Days" normally airs in your market between 3PM-5PM (which isn't many affiliates). "Days" will be airing at its regular time on most affiliates (NYC, LA, etc...) at 1PM. The Olympics will be aired from 3PM-5PM on weekdays, except for the one preemption day, 2/15 (1PM-5PM), when "Days" won't be on at all.
Thanks for commenting. That makes more sense. I re-read your first post, and it is was pretty clear. Not sure how that went over my head, lol. I hope Days gets yet another ratings boost during those weeks.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I will. Well, I guess I'll have to record with SoapNet instead.

Mountain Girl

It airs at 3:00 pm Mountain time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply