Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Carly loses it - and could lose it all!; January 26th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 14 2010, 02:31 PM (3,411 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Carly goes off when she finds Vivian chumming it up with Melanie; which alienates her daughter and makes Vivian more suspicious.

"Carly can't help herself," says CC. "She's becoming more and more distraught, because she can't seem to stop Vivian from getting closer to Melanie. And Melanie hates Carly and won't listen to her when she tries to warn her about how dangerous Vivian is."

It all starts when Carly runs into Melanie at the hospital. Melanie wants to suspend her position in the nursing program until she returns from her honeymoon and she needs Carly's permission to freeze her credits. Carly tells Melanie they can fix this and tries to convince her that she can have a career and be married.

During the conversation, Melanie opens up about what her life was like with Trent. It's the first time Carly finds out about that and she is devastated to hear that her child had that kind of upbringing. After Melanie leaves, Carly just weeps. Then, she hears Lawrence laughing at her again and it's like somehow he has won.

Then Carly has another nightmarish fantasy; that Vivian is killing her daughter. "Carly has had visions of Vivian stabbing Melanie and shooting her. Poor Molly Burnett had blood on her all the time," chuckles Crystal.

Finally Carly snaps back into reality. Then she sees Victor, who tells her that he and Vivian may go with Phillip and Melanie on their honeymoon. "To have Vivian anywhere near her child, let alone on a boat for months, is horrible news," says CC.

Later Carly enters the Java Cafe and finds Melanie and Vivian talking about wedding plans. "Carly loses it for a moment seeing the two of them together, laughing and carrying on," recounts CC. She intrudes and tells Melanie to stay away from Vivian, that she is dangerous. Melanie has such a grudge against Carly that she just blows her off. At the same time, Vivian is becoming more curious as to why Carly is so passionate about making sure Melanie is safe. So Carly pulls back a little. She says she wouldn't be human if she didn't warn Melanie about Vivian. She tries to coverup how overboard she went.

Later, Carly tells Bo about almost slipping up with Vivian, but she believes her secret is still safe. But unbeknownst to her, Vivian's interest was piqued. Vivian even goes so far as to ask Gus to find out everything he can about Melanie Layton.

Crystal says, "Carly is in this very difficult position of wanting to be near this child she was forced to give away so many years ago, but the closer she gets to Melanie, the more danger she puts her in. She needs to keep the secret as long as possible - until she can figure out a way to get Vivian out of the picture. Because she knows Vivian will kill her daughter. Any woman who could bury a woman alive could certainly kill someone she barely knows."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Jan 14 2010, 02:31 PM
Finally Carly snaps back into reality. Then she sees Victor, who tells her that he and Vivian may go with Phillip and Melanie on their honeymoon.
LOL. Much as I am not looking forward to yet more of making Melanie look like a poor, sad victim who just had the worst childhood evah, I am looking forward to the conversation wherein Team Victian discuss sharing the Phelony honeymoon.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

lysie
Member Avatar

Seriously? Victor and Vivian are going to go with Philip and Melanie on their honeymoon? Oh, Philip...you really need to move away from your daddy. He's worse than Kate, IMO. I couldn't even read the rest after seeing that, lol.

Thanks, Angie!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I think this all sounds great. DAYS is really entertaining me lately. I love all of this drama and the use of history.

Bring it on, DAYS!

kitkat
Member Avatar

sounds good, can't wait...

sandyeggo1

How stupid does Bo look? He literally throws his marriage away for protecting this secret and playing stupid games to throw Vivian off. All the while Vivian has practically figured it all out in spite of his vigilant babysitting and Carly is acting like a freaking' neon sign that says Here's My Daughter Vivian.

Kenny
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jan 14 2010, 03:19 PM
Carly is acting like a freaking' neon sign that says Here's My Daughter Vivian.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harmony233

sounds good.Still don't get why Victor and Vivian want to go on the honeymoon though.LOL

aimees76
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Melanie, Carly, and Vivian all interacting more. Thanks for posting.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

This sounds good. I can not want to see those hilarious daydreams.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

OH Vivian! I hope her plan to get at Carly is really twisted, but we shall see, befriending Mel just isn't enough. Since when is PhillyK close enough to Victor to have him accompany him on the honeymoon? Yikes!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Carly's such a nutcase.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i'm loving this Carly, Vivian and Melanie storyline. Can't wait

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jan 14 2010, 04:29 PM
Carly's such a nutcase.
She is. With Vivian closing in on her, Carly is turning into a hot ass mess, LoL. I love it though.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Sounds good!

DOOL1965

sandyeggo1
Jan 14 2010, 03:19 PM
How stupid does Bo look? He literally throws his marriage away for protecting this secret and playing stupid games to throw Vivian off. All the while Vivian has practically figured it all out in spite of his vigilant babysitting and Carly is acting like a freaking' neon sign that says Here's My Daughter Vivian.

That's Bo. He has this thing about having to be a hero, only his time he is looking like an idiot and for what? Psychotic Carly. Would love to see Carly totally lose it all as if she isn't already pathedic enough. At least she will get a discount by being a Dr. when she locked in the physic ward. Seems like Vivian is the smart one here. She is doing a good job at causing Carly to unravel. I have always liked Vivan, but it makes me like her even more knowing that she is out to get Carly. Go Vivian!

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Is Bo Melanie's dad?

I might have to start watching Days since everyone keeps raving about CC.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Q Steph
Jan 14 2010, 10:48 PM
Is Bo Melanie's dad?
No. It has been widely speculated that Dr. Daniel (Shawn Christian) is the father of Melanie because he and Carly share an (off-screen) history together.

As for Crystal Chappell, she's been great but she really hasn't been given what I would consider Emmy-worthy material thus far. However, Vivian's plans for revenge are supposed to come to fruition in February and CC mentioned that she's taped some really awesome stuff for next month, so now might be a good time to tune in.

evilD
Member Avatar

If I understood well the whole Carly affair thing, it looks like Daniel might be Melanie's biological father.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Thanks for the backstory.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply