Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Carly loses it - and could lose it all!; January 26th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 14 2010, 02:31 PM (3,425 Views)
cassie1013

LOL, could Carly be any more obvious about Melanie? Good lord.

She's definitely becoming a hot mess, but she's not really "bad." She just makes bad choices, sometimes. I dunno, I feel like her badness is kind of like Billy on Y&R...contrived by other characters who need to look at shit they've done before pointing the finger.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Q Steph
Jan 14 2010, 10:48 PM
Is Bo Melanie's dad?

I might have to start watching Days since everyone keeps raving about CC.
NO.

And if they write it so he is, FUCK no. We just went through this with Billie! Not "just", but recent enough. Christ.

Euripedes

Kenny
Jan 14 2010, 11:12 PM
Q Steph
Jan 14 2010, 10:48 PM
Is Bo Melanie's dad?
No. It has been widely speculated that Dr. Daniel (Shawn Christian) is the father of Melanie because he and Carly share an (off-screen) history together.

As for Crystal Chappell, she's been great but she really hasn't been given what I would consider Emmy-worthy material thus far. However, Vivian's plans for revenge are supposed to come to fruition in February and CC mentioned that she's taped some really awesome stuff for next month, so now might be a good time to tune in.
I really dislike the fact that the writers keep giving CC these really short scenes that require her to change emotions so quickly. There doesn't seem to be any continuity or build up from one scene to the next. She's been fine, but they are so brief that it makes Carly seem almost bipolar--though I am not sure that is the correct word.

cassie1013

^ Yeah, I agree. She does come off as bi-polar, but I suspect it's only going to get worse with the Vivian breakdown that seems to be impending...I just find it hilarious that the show is doing all this CC propping and Kristian Alfonso is shining! Not that there's a competition, it's just interesting.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Euripedes
Jan 14 2010, 11:43 PM
here doesn't seem to be any continuity or build up from one scene to the next. She's been fine, but they are so brief that it makes Carly seem almost bipolar--though I am not sure that is the correct word.
I understand what you're saying. Her scenes are so short and choppy that it doesn't feel like any one emotion is sustained long enough to really make an impact. She goes from terrified to pissed off to funny to horny in a span of, like, five minutes, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 14 2010, 11:44 PM
I just find it hilarious that the show is doing all this CC propping and Kristian Alfonso is shining! Not that there's a competition, it's just interesting.
Kristian has been great but it really annoyed me that she couldn't manage to squeeze a few tears out in yesterday's episode. She definitely looked like she was crying, but there wasn't a single tear, LoL. At least CC can turn on the waterworks! :P

Euripedes

cassie1013
^ Yeah, I agree. She does come off as bi-polar, but I suspect it's only going to get worse with the Vivian breakdown that seems to be impending...I just find it hilarious that the show is doing all this CC propping and Kristian Alfonso is shining! Not that there's a competition, it's just interesting.
The major difference between Carly and Hope for me at the moment is that Hope's emotions are consistent--she's usually sad or angry. I personally do not think KA pulls of sad very well, but she plays the anger wonderfully. Crystal on the other hand has to play a lot more emotions--one minute she's crying, the next she's angry, the next snarky. Personally, it is more difficult to play the emotions, especially the tortured emotions, Crystal is required to project as Carly than it is to play the emotions of Hope. So, yes, KA might be delivering because of what is being given to her, but I'd say CC is doing as well given that Carly's emotions are all over the place. JMO.
Edited by Euripedes, Jan 15 2010, 12:46 AM.

Euripedes

Kenny
Jan 14 2010, 11:50 PM
cassie1013
I just find it hilarious that the show is doing all this CC propping and Kristian Alfonso is shining! Not that there's a competition, it's just interesting.
Kristian has been great but it really annoyed me that she couldn't manage to squeeze a few tears out in yesterday's episode. She definitely looked like she was crying, but there wasn't a single tear, LoL. At least CC can turn on the waterworks! :P
Ditto that!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DOOL1965
Jan 14 2010, 08:02 PM
That's Bo. He has this thing about having to be a hero, only his time he is looking like an idiot and for what? Psychotic Carly.
He's starting to suspiciously resemble OLTL's John McBain in this hero complex thing, having to fall for the damsel in distress. I guess he and Daniel have their sexual quirks: Daniel falls for the sick women, and Bo falls for the helpless women, and Hope is there in the interim. That's not a great characterization for Bo.

Harmony233

Kenny
cassie1013
IA that annoys me too.KA is obviously better at the angry stuff.Shes not too good at the emotional stuff.CC has always been able to shed the tears even back on days the first time.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 15 2010, 06:54 AM
DOOL1965
Jan 14 2010, 08:02 PM
That's Bo. He has this thing about having to be a hero, only his time he is looking like an idiot and for what? Psychotic Carly.
He's starting to suspiciously resemble OLTL's John McBain in this hero complex thing, having to fall for the damsel in distress. I guess he and Daniel have their sexual quirks: Daniel falls for the sick women, and Bo falls for the helpless women, and Hope is there in the interim. That's not a great characterization for Bo.
Yeah, I never thought Bo had to run around looking for damsels in distress to feel like a "real man".

Cad.

4everccfan

CC is a pro showing us all kind of emotions..Agree they need give her more time in her scenes. In regards KA she is doing a great job being the angry biach, however, she is really pathetic on any crying scenes...what happen to fake tears!

lastDays
Member Avatar

We know that mel gets along well with Daniel and Chloe.Wait till she finds out Carly is her mom and kept the secret from her Daddy Dan.I am waiting for when Daniel rips her a new one for keeping him in the dark so long

nanasmiles

KA used to be able to produce the tears. I can see CC spewing emotions all over the place. That is what Mentally ill people do when they are torn in all directions. Isn't this what Vivian set out to do? Isn't CC proving it is working?

cassie1013

Kenny
cassie1013
Watched it back, and it kind of bugged me the second time. No tears? C'mon!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

nanasmiles
Jan 15 2010, 10:40 PM
KA used to be able to produce the tears. I can see CC spewing emotions all over the place. That is what Mentally ill people do when they are torn in all directions. Isn't this what Vivian set out to do? Isn't CC proving it is working?
Are you inferring that CC is mentally ill? :blink: Posted Image

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
Jan 16 2010, 12:09 AM
Kenny
cassie1013
Watched it back, and it kind of bugged me the second time. No tears? C'mon!
I don't know why people are making a big deal out of the tears. There are some people who physically cannot cry on demand. There are some people who just don't cry, period. I can pretty well cry at the drop of a hat. But, I don't think my kids could. I have witnessed people at funerals who are physically crying, except they aren't teary. The rest is there......the gulping, the sounds, and they're not fake.
Gee, that's why they have Restasin commercials! :D
What I can't figure out is, instead of the glycerine which just smears the face, why they don't sneak in regular eyedrops, which can put some real drops on their faces. I know they do that when the camera pans away from them. (Note: Darin Brooks's Emmy-winning single "tear").

DOOL1965

ladyofthelake
Jan 16 2010, 07:55 AM
nanasmiles
Mentally ill or is it menopause ? I am not bashing CC or making fun of women in menopause. Menopause isn't something to make fun of. This just came to thought when I read this post with the way Carly is and has been acting. When my friend was starting into menopause, she could cry about anything, any time, so I know that it shouldn't be made fun of or taken litely. I just thought of it when I read this. Some women are able to cry on command and some can't. I am not a big fan of CC or Carly. However, if they would get Carly out of Bo's life and give Carly her own storyline with her being a little crazy or mentally unstable, CC could pull it off and I'm not saying that in a bad way. Carly is already acting weird and unstable so I for one think it could be an interesting sl. It's been a while since DOOL had a really crazed person so it could be fun to watch.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DOOL1965
Jan 16 2010, 08:04 PM
ladyofthelake
nanasmiles
Mentally ill or is it menopause ? I am not bashing CC or making fun of women in menopause. Menopause isn't something to make fun of. This just came to thought when I read this post with the way Carly is and has been acting. When my friend was starting into menopause, she could cry about anything, any time, so I know that it shouldn't be made fun of or taken litely. I just thought of it when I read this. Some women are able to cry on command and some can't. I am not a big fan of CC or Carly. However, if they would get Carly out of Bo's life and give Carly her own storyline with her being a little crazy or mentally unstable, CC could pull it off and I'm not saying that in a bad way. Carly is already acting weird and unstable so I for one think it could be an interesting sl. It's been a while since DOOL had a really crazed person so it could be fun to watch.
I think we're getting to a place where actress and character are getting mixed up. She specifically said CC, meaning the actress. THAT is what I'm questioning.

And seriously, I'm perimenopausal. Why do we need to go off the deep end for a change of life story? Hot flashes and the normal occasional crabbiness, yes. Possibly the loss of sex drive (see: Hope), yes. We don't need her to go nutso and blame it on change of life. It would be nice to acknowledge it in passing without turning it into a drama. For the most part, I don't think it affects women that seriously. And we don't need to give a reason to have a court case that says "Lack of estrogen made me do it". :P Save that for Law and Order.

DOOL1965

ladyofthelake
Jan 16 2010, 08:39 PM
DOOL1965
Jan 16 2010, 08:04 PM
ladyofthelake
nanasmiles
I think we're getting to a place where actress and character are getting mixed up. She specifically said CC, meaning the actress. THAT is what I'm questioning.

And seriously, I'm perimenopausal. Why do we need to go off the deep end for a change of life story? Hot flashes and the normal occasional crabbiness, yes. Possibly the loss of sex drive (see: Hope), yes. We don't need her to go nutso and blame it on change of life. It would be nice to acknowledge it in passing without turning it into a drama. For the most part, I don't think it affects women that seriously. And we don't need to give a reason to have a court case that says "Lack of estrogen made me do it". :P Save that for Law and Order.
If it is confusing, I'm sorry. I was talking about Carly with the mental illness or menopause. And I was not making fun of meopause, because as I said it is nothing to make fun of. When I said that if they were to have a sl with Carly a little crazed or mentally unstable that CC could pull it off, I wasn't saying it in a bad way. Carly has been acting unstable so I think that would be an interesting sl for her to have on her own.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply