Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Catching Up With Lisa Trusel (Melissa)
Topic Started: Jan 15 2010, 12:03 PM (1,931 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

The SOD web site has a mini interview with Lisa Trusel.

Catching Up With Lisa Trusel

Digest: Were you surprised to get the call to return?

Trusel: I was shocked. I was like, "You guys still remember me?" I still have the same phone number, which is really amazing. I was like, "How did you find me?" Because I'm not working with an agent or anything. I haven't been pursuing acting, so it was very unexpected and I had a blast. It was great to seeing everyone: Suzanne [Rogers, Maggie], Kristian [Alfonso, Hope] and Peter [Reckell, Bo]. And some new faces.

Digest: Were you sad to learn Mickey would be dying?

Trusel: At first, I was a little panicked because I thought maybe John [Clarke, ex-Mickey] had died because I haven't heard a lot about him. And then they reassured me right away that he hadn't.

Digest: Did you know Melissa had a son, Nathan?

Trusel: Not until they said, "You have a son." And then I went online and I looked up the actor [Mark Hapka] and saw that he had come on. And he was very nice. I think we kind of look alike now that my hair is dark. Hopefully, he'll need his mom back in town every now and then.

Digest: Would you come back?

Trusel: I would love to. It would be a totally different story in dealing with a child because I never got to do that because I was a child the last time around. I grew up on that show. I started when I was 14. I met [my husband] David [Wallace, ex-Tod] there on the set. Instead of the normal high school memories you have, those are my memories. At the time, I didn't want to leave the show when they let me go, but I was glad to be able to be home to raise my children and be a mom. That has been the greatest blessing ever and I would never change that.

Digest: Tell us about your kids.

Trusel: I was 18 when David and I got married and we started kind of quick. We're still together! 23 years! Ryan Elizabeth is 20; I had her at 21. She's married and is starting her own floral business. Benjamin is 17 and a football player; he's huge. We call him 'The Beast'. He is 6'5'', 270 pounds and a starting offensive lineman. He got a letter of interest from UCLA and three other letters and this spring, we're hoping he's going to get recruited by a big school, so he's working out every day. Emma is 15 and is my little dancer; she's a ballerina and we're busy with her performances. She's tall and thin and can do dancing or modeling. We tried it with Ryan when she was younger, but she just wasn't the dancer. So when it came to Emma, I didn't even start. I waited and she came to me and asked me. By 5, she was running around the house in tutus and ballet shoes. And Joe just turned 13 and picked up golf, which is totally random because none of us golf. He joined golf little league and he's obsessed; he golfs like four times a week. He just loves it. They're a lot of fun. It's been a blast.

Digest: And David?

Trusel: David's great. He dabbled a little bit in trying to make some independent films with a partner of his. It's not really the bread and butter. He's an electrical contractor; he has his own business. And that's gone really well and enabled me to stay at home, which has been great. We're just so thankful that we're together. We have so many friends and couples who have not lasted and especially coming from the acting background, it's not always the case that you stay together. It's not easy, but it's definitely worth it.

Digest: Now that Ryan is married, are you ready to be a grandmother?

Trusel: I am; I would love it! I can't wait. But we're trying not to pressure them too much!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

She has a child old enough to give her grandkids? I don't believe it!

I hope Days brings her back, even if it's just from time to time like they did with Patsy Pease is years past. Though would love a more full time return...

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, I really see Trusel's Melissa as someone they can bring back on a recurring basis (much like Doug & Julie, but with a little more frequency). Melissa can be there to support Maggie. She's the perfect sounding board for Hope (especially since Melissa, and Trusel, were there for the launch of the Bo/Hope romance and Melissa is traditionally Hope's best friend). Considering Nathan's Melissa's son, it makes logical sense for her to be there for him (and to throw a wrench into the Melanie/Nathan pairing. It would make sense for Melissa to push Nathan towards Stephanie since Melissa knows Steve & Kayla). Also, Melissa could factor into the Justin/Hope/Bo/Carly quad. She's one more person in that age group and she could pick up a romance with Justin. And if you bring on an estranged husband/ex-husband (i.e. Nathan's father)... As connected as Melissa is to current developments, having her back even in a limited capacity is almost a no-brainer.

six
Member Avatar

TFP. I hope they do bring her back. ITA w/everyone. It would be nice for Nathan to have a parent on the show, and to have a friendship on the show again. Was Melissa around during the Justin/Carly era?

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I would love to see Melissa back. And love to see her and Justin's friendship start up again. I agree that she would be great in the Justin/Hope/Bo/Carly story.

jdawg1077

six
Jan 15 2010, 12:38 PM
TFP. I hope they do bring her back. ITA w/everyone. It would be nice for Nathan to have a parent on the show, and to have a friendship on the show again. Was Melissa around during the Justin/Carly era?
Yes, the character was. But she was played by a different actress at that time. I think character left the show in 1991. Carly debuted in 1990.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
Jan 15 2010, 02:40 PM
six
Yes, the character was. But she was played by a different actress at that time. I think character left the show in 1991. Carly debuted in 1990.
Melissa was around during the Justin and Adrienne time. When Justin first came to town, he was trying to hook up with Melissa and they realized that they were better friends. When Justin met Adrienne, Melissa was his sounding board and helped Justin with Adrienne. Melissa was in Justin and Adrienne's Greece wedding. I do believe that Melissa left before Carly came into the picture.

jdawg1077

talbab1994
Jan 15 2010, 02:54 PM
jdawg1077
six
Melissa was around during the Justin and Adrienne time. When Justin first came to town, he was trying to hook up with Melissa and they realized that they were better friends. When Justin met Adrienne, Melissa was his sounding board and helped Justin with Adrienne. Melissa was in Justin and Adrienne's Greece wedding. I do believe that Melissa left before Carly came into the picture.
Right, Lisa Trusel was with the cast when Justin and Adrienne were on the show. Then Melissa left and came back with the recast of Camilla Scott (I think?) around 1990ish, only to leave again in 1991. So Lisa Trusel has a screen history with Wally Kurth, but not Crystal Chappell. I think. lol
Edited by jdawg1077, Jan 15 2010, 03:19 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
Jan 15 2010, 03:19 PM
talbab1994
Jan 15 2010, 02:54 PM
jdawg1077
six
Right, Lisa Trusel was with the cast when Justin and Adrienne were on the show. Then Melissa left and came back with the recast of Camilla Scott (I think?) around 1990ish, only to leave again in 1991. So Lisa Trusel has a screen history with Wally Kurth, but not Crystal Chappell. I think. lol
Yes, that is true!! :D

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I bet we'll see her back. If Maggie goes down the path we think she's going to go down, she's going to need all of the support she can get. Melissa would need to be back in Salem. I'm glad Trusel is eager to return.

Beth
Member Avatar

I think she looked better with lighter colored hair. I do love that she's around right now. They could do a lot of things with more part time contract actors/ actresses. For example, they could have brought John and Marlena or someone else home for the funeral. We didn't even get a funeral.

dylan76
Member Avatar

I was so glad to see her back & hope that we get to see more of her. She was such a cutie back then in the 80's and she still looks great.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply