Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards; Live Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jan 16 2010, 09:41 PM (7,273 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The ceremony airs at 8:00 PM/ET on NBC.

Live coverage from the red carpet begins at 5:00 PM/ET on E! and at 6:00 PM/ET on the TV Guide Channel.

Here is the list of the night's winners.

TELEVISION

Best Television Series - Drama
Mad Men (AMC)

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Drama
Julianna Margulies The Good Wife (CBS)

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Drama
Michael C. Hall Dexter (SHOWTIME)

Best Television Series - Musical Or Comedy
Glee (FOX)

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy
Toni Collette United States Of Tara (SHOWTIME)

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy
Alec Baldwin 30 Rock (NBC)

Best Mini-Series Or Motion Picture Made for Television
Grey Gardens (HBO)

Best Performance by an Actress In A Mini-series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Drew Barrymore Grey Gardens (HBO)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Kevin Bacon Taking Chance (HBO)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Chloe Sevigny Big Love (HBO)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
John Lithgow Dexter (SHOWTIME)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVIES

Best Motion Picture - Drama

Best Director
James Cameron Avatar

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Sandra Bullock The Blind Side

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Jeff Bridges Crazy Heart

Best Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
The Hangover

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Meryl Streep Julie & Julia

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes

Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Mo'nique Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire

Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Christoph Waltz Inglourious Basterds

Best Animated Feature Film
Up

Best Foreign Language Film
The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band - Eine Deutsche Kindergeschichte) (Germany)

Best Screenplay
Up In The Air Written by Jason Reitman, Sheldon Turner

Best Original Score
Up | Composed by Michael Giacchino

BEST SONG
"The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)" Crazy Heart
Music & Lyrics By: Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett
Edited by Mason, Jan 17 2010, 11:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I've got my fingers crossed for Michael C. Hall/Dexter/Glee/Jane Lynch/Toni Collette/John Lithgow. :)
Edited by Mason, Jan 16 2010, 09:49 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm rooting for Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow to win Best Actor (Drama) and Best Supporting Actor (Drama).

Anna Paquin sucks but I won't cry if she wins simply because she's on True Blood, LoL.

Toni Collette has to win Best Actress (Musical Or Comedy). It'll probably be Courteney Cox though.

I don't know whether to root for Dexter or True Blood to win Best Drama Series. I would be happy with either one taking home the statue. Most critics are predicting that it'll be one of the two, so that's good.

I wish Rutina Wesley, Nelsan Ellis and Adina Porter had been nominated. Maybe even Carrie Preston. Ryan Kwanten is amazing as well, but he plays a comedic character on a drama so I'm not sure what category he would fall into.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not that it has a chance of winning, but I'm hoping for a (500) Days of Summer win!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Jan 16 2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know whether to root for Dexter or True Blood to win Best Drama Series. I would be happy with either one taking home the statue. Most critics are predicting that it'll be one of the two, so that's good.

I wish Rutina Wesley, Nelsan Ellis and Adina Porter had been nominated. Maybe even Carrie Preston.
I don't know why you're having trouble. Dexter is clearly the better show on all accounts.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Amello
Jan 16 2010, 09:50 PM
Kenny
Jan 16 2010, 09:49 PM

I wish Rutina Wesley, Nelsan Ellis and Adina Porter had been nominated. Maybe even Carrie Preston.
I don't know why you're having trouble. Dexter is clearly the better show on all accounts.
I like True Blood, but he's correct, Kenny.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 16 2010, 09:50 PM
Your True Blood hate just boggles my mind. I mean, did you not see Godric's heartbreaking death or the havoc wreaked by the delicious Maryann this season? It was delicious! Yes, the show is campy and crazy and it can be silly at times, but it's also highly entertaining and addictive. That's not to say it's better than Dexter though...

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't hate True Blood. It's just overrated and it boggles MY mind how anyone in their RIGHT mind can even compare Dexter's greatness to it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 16 2010, 10:00 PM
I don't hate True Blood. It's just overrated and it boggles MY mind how anyone in their RIGHT mind can even compare Dexter's greatness to it.
I don't necessarily think it's better than Dexter in terms of writing and acting, but I do find it equally as entertaining and addictive in its own way. As a fan of both shows, I just don't know which show to root for. Dexter probably deserves it because it had an amazing year (better than ever, IMO) and True Blood had some faults in season two, but both shows have my heart.

Either one winning would make me happy.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Jan 16 2010, 10:03 PM
Amello
Jan 16 2010, 10:00 PM
I don't necessarily think it's better than Dexter in terms of writing and acting, but I do find it equally as entertaining and addictive in its own way. As a fan of both shows, I just don't know which show to root for. Dexter probably deserves it because it had an amazing year (better than ever, IMO) and True Blood had some faults in season two, but both shows have my heart.

Either one winning would make me happy.
I guess I can understand that reasoning. I have the same argument with my BFF all the time. But for me, Awards shows like the Globes should be awarding shows on more than just entertainment. I mean I fucking LOVE Jersey Shore, but it should't be winning shit. LOL Not that I'm comparing the two.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

John Lithgow deserves to win for this scene alone.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I don't think I've ever seen it rain at the Globes

Sucks that everyone is all wet

Mason

Rick
Jan 17 2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think I've ever seen it rain at the Globes

Sucks that everyone is all wet

LoL, I love it for some reason. Makes the celebrities seem more "real" or something, I guess.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL @ all the rain. I think it's funny.

Did you guys see how E! cut away from Lea Michele's live interview with Guiliana so they could show Ryan Seacrest and Sandra Bullock instead? She was mid-sentence and they just cut away. How rude. I hope she never does another interview for them again.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Just saw Alfre Woodard amd she looks great! I wonder if she's with the TB cast?

Mason

Oh, and that whole stopping so we could see George Clooney signing autographs in the rain for fans was so obviously staged.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I miss Joan and Melissa doing the red carpet..... :angry:

Joan's back on the Fashion Review stuff for E!, I don't really watch that stuff though.

Mason

These interviewers are so annoying...

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

:rockon:

NBC, You are in the toilet right now! - Julia Roberts
Edited by Rick, Jan 17 2010, 07:40 PM.

Mason

Rick
Jan 17 2010, 07:40 PM
:rockon:

NBC, You are in the toilet right now! - Julia Roberts
That was awesome.

LoL @ "Who's Natalie?!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply