Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Maggie - Drinking?; February 2nd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 21 2010, 02:14 PM (2,295 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 21 2010, 03:08 PM
Was it their fault you couldn't see Sarah? No. (unless you want to recast the role and that would be a stupid time to do it)

Um...yes.
Edited by lysie, Jan 21 2010, 04:39 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 21 2010, 04:39 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 21 2010, 03:08 PM
Was it their fault you couldn't see Sarah? No. (unless you want to recast the role and that would be a stupid time to do it)

Um...yes.
Agreed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2010, 04:32 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 21 2010, 03:24 PM
But you were one of the people hoping we got a Sarah recast! :lol:

Anyway, I would have liked to see Maggie dumping the bottle and calling her sponsor. It would just help progress the story along, as well as give Suzanne Rogers even more scenes to blow away.
Yeah I was hoping for one but bringing her back in the midst of all the mourning is not the right time IMO. They mentioned her during the funeral so now I would keep mentioning her. As this Maggie story progresses, have Melissa and the rest of the family become concerned. Then you explain that Melissa is very worried but unable to come to Salem for a long period of time due to career/husband/etc and so she calls Sarah, who doesn't have anything keeping her back. Sarah then comes to Salem to help Maggie and go from there.

That would work much better then if they brought her back during the funeral and introduced a new face.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Sounds great!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I totally want Maggie to fall off the wagon!

kitkat
Member Avatar

This is a huge let down, if she's gonna fall off, do it already.

Keith
Member Avatar

This is good if and only if it's not all we get. If this is it, DAYS missed the ship, imo.

Dr. Chip

After Halloween 2003, you'd think Maggie would never look at a bottle of liquor again. Maybe she'll turn to drugs and Arianna can be her dealer. Then Arianna can move out of the pub and into Maggie's house.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Dr. Chip
Jan 22 2010, 01:52 AM
After Halloween 2003, you'd think Maggie would never look at a bottle of liquor again. Maybe she'll turn to drugs and Arianna can be her dealer. Then Arianna can move out of the pub and into Maggie's house.
Alcohol to an alcoholic is a powerful pull, and for some, no matter what has happened when they're drunk in the past, when the chips are down, they can't help it. I just want this to be done respectfully, for those who suffer from alcoholism as well as for Suzanne Rogers.
I think the aspect of Maggie being strong because Mickey was her anchor is a good one. That's not unusual, either. She might have family and friends rooting for her, but sometimes, it's just that ONE person that is the strength source, and when that one person is gone, it's very difficult.

MrsDimera

I hope they show her pouring the bottle down the drain and calling her sponsor via a flashback. Since this show loves showing us flashbacks, this would be a good one to show. It sucks they let Lucas go. This would be a great sl for him to be in. Considering how many times Maggie helped him out with his sobriety. But I guess Nathan is taking over that role which sucks because he never had issues with alcohol to my knowledge. I agree with others, if Maggie is gonna fall off the wagon, now is the time to do it. It would be awesome for a drunk Maggie to show up to Phelonie's wedding!

Chelikins
Member Avatar

Has there been anymore talk about an accident involving her?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I didn't figure the show would go through with it. ATWT did the same thing with Susan a few years ago. She was tempted but never drank.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Rick
Jan 24 2010, 05:03 AM
I didn't figure the show would go through with it. ATWT did the same thing with Susan a few years ago. She was tempted but never drank.
Ugh I hope not, I want the rumours about Maggie getting drunk and getting into an accident with one of Sami's kids to be true. Even though we will have to deal with Alison Sweeney's hysterics, at least we will get some good stuff from Suzanne Rogers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply