Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe Moves Out; February 2nd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 21 2010, 02:37 PM (5,065 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Pleae Link to DR.

EJ's lies regarding "missing" baby Sydney cause a split between Sami and Rafe.

Sami tries to apologize to Rafe for not telling him about the ransom notes, but it doesn't go very well. "He is so taken aback that they didn't let him in on the ransom note, that they're hindering the investigation," sighs GG. "He's done everything for this woman and still she doesn't trust him. He feels totally shut out."

Gabi comes to the townhouse to talk to Rafe and Gabi and Rafe then leave without telling Sami. Sami, in turn, heads to the DiMera mansion to seek comfort from EJ. Rafe finds them together.

"Ultimately, Rafe begins to feel that althought it's a very difficult situation for everyone to be in, EJ is using the situation to leverage his position with Sami, " notes Galen. "Rafe doesn't trust EJ, but at this point, he is not suspicious that EJ is involved in the kidnapping. If EJ is getting in the way, he's doing so inadvertently, as opposed to really covering something up."

Rafe admits to Sami and EJ that he doesn't have any new leads and Sami is devastated. She tells Rafe that she doesn't believe that he is going to bring her baby home. "All the pressure is really on Rafe to find the kid," says GG. "He's in a very precarious situation in that if he doesn't find Sydney, or find her alive, he's not only failed as an FBI agent, but also as Sami's boyfriend. Without success on the baby front, I don't think there's going to be success on the relationship front. And Rafe knows EJ knows this."

Back at the townhouse, Sami and Rafe argue and she admits that it's hard for her to see him at all. He decides the best thing, then, is to move out. "If she can't trust him, then maybe he shouldn't be around," shrugs GG. "Obviously, he's totally bummed out. The guy just feels like these extenuating circumstances are always acting on the relationship. These poor guys don't even get a chance to be together. It's a bad situation for poor Rafester."

EJ runs into Rafe and spies his bags. He expresses sympathy, but when Rafe leaves, EJ smiles malevolenty. "Rafe definitely starts getting the feeling that in some perverse way, EJ is enjoying it," adds GG.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Boring! Can't Rafe just leave town for good? :sleep:
Edited by Mirage75, Jan 21 2010, 02:40 PM.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Yawn. Rafe takes his toys and leaves.again. BAILER. Sami runs to EJ because she cant live without a man. Same old same old. She might actually die if she depended on herself and grew a spine.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie! I have no clue how you got through this article without falling asleep, LoL.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Jan 21 2010, 02:37 PM
She tells Rafe that she doesn't believe that he is going to bring her baby home.
Meanwhile, all Sami's doing is to be a fucking moron and trust the one person she absolutely, positively should not trust. It's sad that she has no portion of the Salem Brain left. They really need to return her to her roots as the woman no man really wanted because it's the only way I find her believable and also, she used to think for herself back then.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I am still cracking up that GG refers to his own character as "the Rafester."

Quote:

"He is so taken aback that they didn't let him in on the ransom note, that they're hindering the investigation," sighs GG. "He's done everything for this woman and still she doesn't trust him. He feels totally shut out."

So apparently Rafe still doesn't realize it's not about HIM or his hero complex, it's about the kid and Sami thought she was doing what was best with the kid even if it was clouded thinking.

Also, LOL at Rafe bitching about not being trusted and feeling totally shut out. If only the writers could have Sami throw it back in his face that he won't trust her about ANYTHING regarding his past and shutting her out from everything involving that but at the same time demanding to be a part of her and her children's lives completely.

Quote:

EJ runs into Rafe and spies his bags. He expresses sympathy, but when Rafe leaves, EJ smiles malevolenty. "Rafe definitely starts getting the feeling that in some perverse way, EJ is enjoying it," adds GG.

Why wouldn't EJ be glad about misfortune befalling Rafe whether he wanted to get back with Sami or not? It was dumb to have EJ rescue Rafe or be cordial at all with him in the first place when his bringing Sydney back had nothing to do with him wanting EJ to have parental rights again.

Quote:

"All the pressure is really on Rafe to find the kid," says GG. "He's in a very precarious situation in that if he doesn't find Sydney, or find her alive, he's not only failed as an FBI agent, but also as Sami's boyfriend. Without success on the baby front, I don't think there's going to be success on the relationship front."

:lol: What a fucked up relationship. Good to see it clearly being shown that Rafe and Sami have no other connection than his hero complex and her propensity to be a damsel in distress to use him to come to her rescue, and when he can't accomplish that she thinks he's dispensable and his ego is too bruised and he's too embarrassed to stay with her.

God. Sami needs to get a fucking job and be relationship-less for a while.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Will this storyline EVER end?????? PLEASE!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

IMissAremid
Jan 21 2010, 02:58 PM

Sorry, I am still cracking up that GG refers to his own character as "the Rafester."

Quote:

"He is so taken aback that they didn't let him in on the ransom note, that they're hindering the investigation," sighs GG. "He's done everything for this woman and still she doesn't trust him. He feels totally shut out."

So apparently Rafe still doesn't realize it's not about HIM or his hero complex, it's about the kid and Sami thought she was doing what was best with the kid even if it was clouded thinking.

Also, LOL at Rafe bitching about not being trusted and feeling totally shut out. If only the writers could have Sami throw it back in his face that he won't trust her about ANYTHING regarding his past and shutting her out from everything involving that but at the same time demanding to be a part of her and her children's lives completely.

Quote:

Why wouldn't EJ be glad about misfortune befalling Rafe whether he wanted to get back with Sami or not? It was dumb to have EJ rescue Rafe or be cordial at all with him in the first place when his bringing Sydney back had nothing to do with him wanting EJ to have parental rights again.

Quote:

"All the pressure is really on Rafe to find the kid," says GG. "He's in a very precarious situation in that if he doesn't find Sydney, or find her alive, he's not only failed as an FBI agent, but also as Sami's boyfriend. Without success on the baby front, I don't think there's going to be success on the relationship front."

:lol: What a fucked up relationship. Good to see it clearly being shown that Rafe and Sami have no other connection than his hero complex and her propensity to be a damsel in distress to use him to come to her rescue, and when he can't accomplish that she thinks he's dispensable and his ego is too bruised and he's too embarrassed to stay with her.

God. Sami needs to get a fucking job and be relationship-less for a while.

:iagree: What she said. Same old, same old. When the going gets tough, the Rafester :eyeroll: gets going.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

So boring. I really don't care about Rafe or Sami anymore. I'm ready for Nicole to come back and make the storyline interesting again.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

All I've got to say is, Rafester, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Adios!! :cheer:

aimees76
Member Avatar

I think I officially hate all three of them. Ever since Nicole got arrested, this story has severely blown chunks.

mirabella

IMissAremid
Jan 21 2010, 02:58 PM

Galen does have a great sense of humor. This just shows that he has been reading the boards or someone has read the boards and has told him some of the names that posters have called Rafe. This was one of the only ones that was suitable for print.

I am looking forward to all of this playing out and SAFE getting back together.

Go Rafe!

TINA222
Member Avatar

Giving your character a nickname is lame. Now if he called himself a big bag of boring shit robot. Now that would be funny. :lol:

Alligato
Member Avatar

This is the same old shit where the only way EJ can get Sami's attention is when he is fucking up her life. Glad to hear they have grown so much!

I don't blame Rafe...this entire thing is out of his control and even if he did everything right, he can't win. Sami is out of her mind with grief thinking her kid is dead and EJ with the puppet strings is just laughing at it all. EJ is even laughing that Sami actually is falling for it all and not trusting Rafe! Nice.

I never thought this story could take such a bad turn and make me hate these characters that are involved.
Nicole really did carry this story, didn't she?

CapeSafe

We all know that Rafe moving out is a build -up to another reunion :wub: The spoilers for February
have
Spoiler: click to toggle

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This doesn't sound too interesting. It's too much perspective from Rafe. Who cares how he feels about leaving? I still don't care about the character. He feels forced and these scenes seem like they're going to feel forced.

kitkat
Member Avatar

I agree with Alligato and Cape Safe....

First Days right now is vomiting on all three characters...

EJ... Has gone from his father's henchman, to gray, to dark, to stupid, to just plain madhattery-- I swear I'm ready for him to start typing out... "All work and no play makes EJ a very dull boy"

Sami... Has gone from Naughty teen and young mother, to stupid, to heroine, to dumb- foolish- ain't got a brain to think with blond.

Rafe... from hero, to family man, to bad guy for not wanting to be lied to, to stick it all on his shoulders and making it his job and his only to bring that little girl back.

The reunion needs to happen soon, hey maybe that's what does it...

Red Mist
Member Avatar

If Ej actually managed to get Rafe to leave town for good then in my book he'd be a hero.

Sadly, we have seen this before. Rafe will come running back to Sami with all his baggage.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply