Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look: Hope; February 2nd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 21 2010, 03:07 PM (4,985 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please Link to DR.

Hope finally accepts the end of her marriage to Bo. Kristian Alfonso weighs in on the supercouple's struggles.

Bo and Hope have a run-in at the Pub. Hope is leaving, and Bo walks in. They accidentally bump into each other. Hope drops a sailboat she was holding and it breaks. Hope bought it for Ciara, because she had been asking questions about when Bo and Hope sailed around the world together. Hope thought it would be fun to get this sailboat for her, but now it's broken. Bo apologizes.

The conversation quickly turns to Carly. Hope accuses Bo of lying to her about his ex and Hope says that what really happened between them was much more than sex. That her instincts were correct and Bo does have feelings for Carly. Bo doesn't admit it, but by not acknowledging it and just looking at her, he confirms it for Hope. They end up arguing about what's transpired in the last few months and Hope lets him have it. Bo says he will buy a new boat for Ciara. Kristian says that Hope says, "No. I'll buy another one or something else. It's easily replaced, just like I was. Just like that." And she snaps her fingers.

Kristian says, "In Hope's mind, she vacillates back and forth between, 'This is end end of my marriage' and 'Oh, my God! How could this be happening?'"

Later, Justin tells Hope about a chat he had with Carly. Hope learns that Carly has no guilt about being with Bo at all. Even though she has been saying "Go back to Hope," she has no qualms about being the other woman. Hope decides to confront Carly. She wants to have a word with her and tell her that this isn't game. Hope ends up telling Carly off.

Carly starts going on about how Hope left her son years ago and she took care of him. Hope thanks her for being there for Shawn while she was gone. Kristian says, "But it wasn't like Hope had a choice to be gone. She'd been kidnapped." Hope says it's too bad that Carly didn't make it official then. She could have had Bo, but instead she chose Lawrence and all his money instead of love.

Bo then interrupts. Kristian says, "He takes Carly's side, which seems so out of character. It's almost like he's disgusted with Hope. Bo can't believe that Hope would say something so low. Hope can't believe any of this. It's a nightmare."

Bo walks away from Hope with Carly. KA says, "Hope's just so numb and sad. She can't believe any of this is real. Yes, she and Bo were having troubles in their marriage, but she can't believe how he has just moved on. And it seems so easy for him."

Kristian shares her thoughts on the whole Bo/Hope breakup. She says, "Anything that comes to an end is sad. I keep thinking, 'How does Hope ever forgive Bo for this (affair with Carly)?' Because this time, he really knows what's happening. When he was with Billie, he was drugged or drunk or gassed. This time there's no excuse. And if you go back in story, Hope wanted to move back home with Ciara and work things out, but Bo said no because he needed to protect Carly. So he put himself in a bad situation."

Kristan also talks about working with Wally Kurth. "He's such a cutie patootie. He's so sweet and such an easygoing guy. We're having a great time working together, but he's not a love interest." Kristian likes that Hope isn't jumping into the sack with Justin right away. She says, "It's one of the things that I love about Hope. She's strong, tough and opinionated, but her heart is her heart. She can't fool herself. Even though she's been scorned and hurt, she's not someone who can just say, 'Fine. I'll sleep with another guy.' That's not the type of character she is, and I think that's great."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Quote:

Even though she's been scorned and hurt, she's not someone who can just say, 'Fine. I'll sleep with another guy.' That's not the type of character she is, and I think that's great."

Except when she slept with Patrick.

cassie1013

esp13
Jan 21 2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:

Even though she's been scorned and hurt, she's not someone who can just say, 'Fine. I'll sleep with another guy.' That's not the type of character she is, and I think that's great."

I just thought the same thing - WTF!

Though, I am happy she acknowledged Justin isn't a love interest. I wish they would have hinted at a new direction with this, though...how long is she going to be single for?

This all sounds good, but again, SO immature! While it is entertaining - for now - Hope can't just go around yelling at people all day, LOL.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I adore KA's comments about Wally. You can tell they enjoy working together. I'm bummed about the love interest part though. :( I hope they change their minds about that with Justin and go that route later on with them. Til then I hope Justin and Hope continue to grow closer.

Another Hope/Carly showdown should be fun lol

aimees76
Member Avatar

esp13
Quote:

LOL! Thank you, thats what I was going to say. I read that and went "umm, really?"
KA sounds a lot like Hope. I'll just leave it at that before I get lynched. :peek:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

esp13
Quote:

Yeah, that confuses me too lol. She did sleep with Patrick lol

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 21 2010, 03:07 PM
Carly starts going on about how Hope left her son years ago and she took care of him. Hope thanks her for being there for Shawn while she was gone. Kristian says, "But it wasn't like Hope had a choice to be gone. She'd been kidnapped." Hope says it's too bad that Carly didn't make it official then. She could have had Bo, but instead she chose Lawrence and all his money instead of love.
*DIES*

I can't believe they'll be discussing this. I love it though.

LoL @ Kristian saying that Bo is being written out of character. I do agree with her that it shouldn't be so easy for Bo to just walk away from Hope like this. Even though their marriage is pretty much over, one might think Bo would be at least a little bit pained by it. Instead, he's just like, "See ya Hope. You're a meanie. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya," LoL.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Poor Hope. This interview makes me dislike Carly and Bo even more.

sandyeggo1

Mirage75
Jan 21 2010, 03:23 PM
I adore KA's comments about Wally. You can tell they enjoy working together. I'm bummed about the love interest part though. :( I hope they change their minds about that with Justin and go that route later on with them. Til then I hope Justin and Hope continue to grow closer.

Another Hope/Carly showdown should be fun lol

Yeah, I'ld love to see Hope and Justin be more than friends. But then again, it wasn't too long ago that all the magazine interviews said "Carly wasn't going to be an interloper" or "Carly was not going to be involved with Bo romantically - they're just good friends". So I wouldn't count them out at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds great!

Finally there is a mention of Shawn and Hope and Carly discuss her history with Bo.

I love the sailboat breaking too. I'm glad Justin isn't a love interest for Hope though. I'm not sure I want him to be.

sandyeggo1

Dragonish1
Jan 21 2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, they do suck don't they. Bo is downright being abusive towards Hope with this lie. I hope Carly is paying real close attention. She should recognize that type of sadistic behavior with her experience with Lawrence.

Kenny
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jan 21 2010, 03:28 PM
Bo is downright being abusive towards Hope with this lie.
Yeah, I don't like this new lie. Protecting Carly is one thing, but he wouldn't deliberately destroy Hope's heart like this just to keep Vivian from knowing the truth about bratty ass Melanie. It's stupid.

lysie
Member Avatar

I wish Carly wasn't having to bring up Shawn D herself, but I'll take it! And I can't believe they're bringing up how she left with Lawrence! Some things to be happy about...and CC and KA play well off each other.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I can't believe all this lying is to protect that twit Melanie. Ugh! She is so not worth it.

sandyeggo1

Kenny
Jan 21 2010, 03:35 PM
sandyeggo1
Bo is downright being abusive towards Hope with this lie.
Yeah, I don't like this new lie. Protecting Carly is one thing, but he wouldn't deliberately destroy Hope's heart like this just to keep Vivian from knowing the truth about bratty ass Melanie. It's stupid.
I keep thinking there has to be some sort of twist or something more. Why are they going out of their way to make Bo look like such a prick? Granted, I've always thought he was a douche bag for cheating with his exes, but this is way past all of that.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Jan 21 2010, 03:42 PM
I can't believe all this lying is to protect that twit Melanie. Ugh! She is so not worth it.
Agreed. It's so contrived. There comes a point when all the collateral damage just isn't worth the trouble. Bo and Carly should just bite the bullet and announce to the whole town that Melanie is Carly's daughter. With the truth exposed, Vivian's power will be taken away and she won't be able to do anything to Melanie without having a thousand suspicious eyes on her. Problem solved.

Bosgirl

I love this article from Kristian. I love Bo and Hope and this could really be the end of Bo and Hope as we know them because I don't know how Hope can forgive Bo this time. I am an adament Bo fan but I'm so disgusted with Bo right now and I don't if I can forgive him for all of this. And as much as I love, love Peter, I'm ready to burn all of my hundreds of pictures I've taken and bought over the years. That's how upset this Bo fan is and it's taken me this long to really be so disgusted with Bo. I'm ready for Hope to move on as an independent woman and not needing a man. Just taking care of her daughter and enjoying life.

LiZa
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Dragonish1
Jan 21 2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, they do suck don't they. Bo is downright being abusive towards Hope with this lie. I hope Carly is paying real close attention. She should recognize that type of sadistic behavior with her experience with Lawrence.
Amen. I can not believe this story line! Bo chooses Carly and all of her secrets over Hope? He'd rather break Hope's heart, be abusive toward her all for Carly?! I can't see how Hope can forgive Bo after all of this crap. Why can't Carly leave Bo alone, instead of being so damn selfish. She doesn't need his help for anything. Didn't Bo say "Hope made her bed, she can lye in it.". Well Carly made her bed when she "killed" Lawrence, she needs to lye in her own damn bed-alone! She messed up Bo's life, now she wants to make Mel's worse?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

How dare Carly throw her taking care of Shawn while Hope was gone in Hope's face? Bitch! It wasn't like Hope skipped out of town and left her family stranded. She was presumed dead and held against her will by Stefano, and had amnesia! Fuck Carly! I have considered Hope the bad bitch throughout this entire story, but once these scenes play, I'm going to be on Team Hope for the win. Fuck Carly Manning. I'm glad Hope throws back in Carly's face that she chose to break Bo's heart and go with Lawrence and his money. Go Hope!

And I like Alfonso's explanation of Hope and Justin. It's a good thing that she's not rushing into bed with Justin. That was one of the one things that ruined Hope during Zack's death. She fell for Patrick way too easily after thinking that Bo was with Billie.

Harmony233

Whats up with this crap about Carly choosing Lawrence and his money over Bo.Um Carly was a heiress she had as much money as Lawrence did.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply