Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look: Hope; February 2nd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 21 2010, 03:07 PM (5,005 Views)
sandyeggo1

DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2010, 04:06 PM
How dare Carly throw her taking care of Shawn while Hope was gone in Hope's face? Bitch! It wasn't like Hope skipped out of town and left her family stranded. She was presumed dead and held against her will by Stefano, and had amnesia! Fuck Carly! I have considered Hope the bad bitch throughout this entire story, but once these scenes play, I'm going to be on Team Hope for the win. Fuck Carly Manning. I'm glad Hope throws back in Carly's face that she chose to break Bo's heart and go with Lawrence and his money. Go Hope!

And I like Alfonso's explanation of Hope and Justin. It's a good thing that she's not rushing into bed with Justin. That was one of the one things that ruined Hope during Zack's death. She fell for Patrick way too easily after thinking that Bo was with Billie.
:hail:

Great post. Loved it.

I think Hope's comment a few months back about her regret over Patrick set it up so that she doesn't make the same mistake again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sandyeggo1

Harmony233
Jan 21 2010, 04:11 PM
Whats up with this crap about Carly choosing Lawrence and his money over Bo.Um Carly was a heiress she had as much money as Lawrence did.
How is Hope supposed to know that when Carly needs to stay with Bo or Maggie instead of checking into the Ritz Carlton as soon as she got into town?

Maybe Carly will correct her and tell her how Lawrence "swept her off her feet" and that's the reason she chose to leave with him and dump Bo.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
How dare Carly throw her taking care of Shawn while Hope was gone in Hope's face? Bitch! It wasn't like Hope skipped out of town and left her family stranded. She was presumed dead and held against her will by Stefano, and had amnesia! Fuck Carly! I have considered Hope the bad bitch throughout this entire story, but once these scenes play, I'm going to be on Team Hope for the win. Fuck Carly Manning. I'm glad Hope throws back in Carly's face that she chose to break Bo's heart and go with Lawrence and his money. Go Hope!

And I like Alfonso's explanation of Hope and Justin. It's a good thing that she's not rushing into bed with Justin. That was one of the one things that ruined Hope during Zack's death. She fell for Patrick way too easily after thinking that Bo was with Billie.
I don't think she will be throwing it in Hope's face. I think she will acknowledge that she did take care of him and that Hope has no idea how things were then. I'm sure Hope will believe she is throwing it in her face and that it may play off that sense but I don't think it will be some sort of malice on Carly's part.

The whole thing with Carly choosing Lawrence for the money is something I'm sure will be explained too. She didn't choose him for his money. Granted, the show botched that whole exit arc up but they played it as she chose Lawrence because she wanted Nicky to finally have a normal family and normal life. She also felt that maybe too much had happened for her and Bo to get their relationship going again.

Harmony233

PhoenixRising05
Jan 21 2010, 04:20 PM
DrewHamilton

I don't think she will be throwing it in Hope's face. I think she will acknowledge that she did take care of him and that Hope has no idea how things were then. I'm sure Hope will believe she is throwing it in her face and that it may play off that sense but I don't think it will be some sort of malice on Carly's part.

The whole thing with Carly choosing Lawrence for the money is something I'm sure will be explained too. She didn't choose him for his money. Granted, the show botched that whole exit arc up but they played it as she chose Lawrence because she wanted Nicky to finally have a normal family and normal life. She also felt that maybe too much had happened for her and Bo to get their relationship going again.
yeah money was the last thing Carly chose Lawrence for.Yeah I thought Nikki was the number one reason.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

But I'm sure Carly had a great time spending the Alamain money, along with giving Nicholas the life of a normal family.

duckie
Member Avatar

Sure. While she was being terrorized by her batshit crazy, baby-dropping husband.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2010, 04:35 PM
But I'm sure Carly had a great time spending the Alamain money, along with giving Nicholas the life of a normal family.
Carly ran away from a life of riches and fame though. She was never after wealth. She was all about being a doctor and those she loved, especially her son.

I will have a major complaint if they try to have Hope paint her in that way. I've already have issues with how Carly is being treated but that one would really irk me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

She slept with Hope's hubsand! I hope she throws every dirty slur in the book at her. :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2010, 04:46 PM
She slept with Hope's hubsand! I hope she throws every dirty slur in the book at her. :lol:
I don't mind what she says to her but if she goes around town spreading that crap to people like Maggie, I want Maggie to turn around and tell her a little about what Carly really was like. That is what is missing in all this. We got some Carly/Maggie scenes but I would love some more where Hope finally learns that Carly was well-liked. Sometimes it comes off like Bo was the only one who bothered to give her the time of day back then LOL.

Harmony233

PhoenixRising05
Jan 21 2010, 04:44 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2010, 04:35 PM
Carly ran away from a life of riches and fame though. She was never after wealth. She was all about being a doctor and those she loved, especially her son.

I will have a major complaint if they try to have Hope paint her in that way. I've already have issues with how Carly is being treated but that one would really irk me.
yep if Carly was after Lawrences money then why didn't she marry him on her 25th birthday like she was supposed too.Also Lawrence gave Carly her familys fortune back and she was using it for charity.These scenes are on YT

julia1313

DrewHamilton

I didn't take it like that at all. It seemed more to me like while Hope "ends up telling Carly off" she stands up for herself telling Hope she isn't really the bad guy Hope sees her as and reminds her (or tells, depending on how much Hope knows) that she was there for Shawn and her family. I guess we'll just have to watch the episode and see how everything plays out.

How is Carly supposed to know Hope was held against her will by Stefano if she wasn't in Salem at the time and Bo probably hasn't filled her in on all of that?

And as others have said Carly never cared about the money. She ran away from her rich life because she didn't really care about the money and when she married Victor and he always wanted to buy her expensive stuff she would turn him down.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 21 2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:

Even though she's been scorned and hurt, she's not someone who can just say, 'Fine. I'll sleep with another guy.' That's not the type of character she is, and I think that's great."

Except when she slept with Patrick.
Yes, and she obviously learned from that encounter that she doesn't want to repeat history. That's not who Hope is.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Whats up with this crap about Carly choosing Lawrence and his money over Bo.Um Carly was a heiress she had as much money as Lawrence did.
I think she meant Carly chose to be with someone who had money (ie - powerful, upper class, etc) over an underpaid cop that lived on a boat. I don't think she meant Carly needed the money.

Alana
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Jan 21 2010, 07:00 PM
Harmony233
I think she meant Carly chose to be with someone who had money (ie - powerful, upper class, etc) over an underpaid cop that lived on a boat. I don't think she meant Carly needed the money.
Playing innocent...you definitely are talking about Chloe...right? The one that came back in 2008 and from that point on is sucking the life and cash out of a few DOOL members (Philip, Lucas, Daniel)...great job choice Chloe!!! Lady Gaga 2.0

mer4santo
Member Avatar

If Hope didn't want her spouse to move on after she died, she should have married Kayla. Just sayin'.

cassie1013

Kenny
Jan 21 2010, 03:24 PM
Angie79
Jan 21 2010, 03:07 PM
Carly starts going on about how Hope left her son years ago and she took care of him. Hope thanks her for being there for Shawn while she was gone. Kristian says, "But it wasn't like Hope had a choice to be gone. She'd been kidnapped." Hope says it's too bad that Carly didn't make it official then. She could have had Bo, but instead she chose Lawrence and all his money instead of love.
*DIES*

I can't believe they'll be discussing this. I love it though.

LoL @ Kristian saying that Bo is being written out of character. I do agree with her that it shouldn't be so easy for Bo to just walk away from Hope like this. Even though their marriage is pretty much over, one might think Bo would be at least a little bit pained by it. Instead, he's just like, "See ya Hope. You're a meanie. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya," LoL.
I'm glad they're mentioning it, too.

cassie1013

sandyeggo1
Jan 21 2010, 04:17 PM
DrewHamilton

:hail:

Great post. Loved it.

I think Hope's comment a few months back about her regret over Patrick set it up so that she doesn't make the same mistake again.
When did she mention Patrick recently? Can't remember that. Patrick was the worst character EVER.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I must be the only one who thinks Hope is a twit. She brought on her own misery. I've been watching the show more and more and she just grates my nerves.

Morganarose

Well, I like Hope and she really speaks the truth about the Bo is not written in character. As a long time Days fan, know all the history and love my Bo and Hope, I love Hope and she knows her character so well.....totally agree with her. The writers have written both Bo and Hope in order for the Carly character to appear on the canvas once again and to have Bo justify his poor behavior. I hope that there is a bigger story line out there because of all this--can't wait to see what it is.

Morganarose

I don't mind what she says to her but if she goes around town spreading that crap to people like Maggie, I want Maggie to turn around and tell her a little about what Carly really was like. That is what is missing in all this. We got some Carly/Maggie scenes but I would love some more where Hope finally learns that Carly was well-liked. Sometimes it comes off like Bo was the only one who bothered to give her the time of day back then LOL.

In answer to the above post:
Who cares what people thought of her back then....it is her behavior at the present time that people are forming opinions of her now. She slept with Hope's husband....do we have to know that people like her back then to justify that? Give her hell, Hope! She deserves it. She didn't go far enough, as a good slap would have made me feel better--and a slap for Bo too for being so insensitive and rude. At least it would have made me feel better---lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply