Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look: Hope; February 2nd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jan 21 2010, 03:07 PM (5,009 Views)
Morganarose

I think all the actors are very professional and respect each other and are probably laughing at all the controversy of the fan bases. All these actors like each other as it is their job and all the publicity the show is getting is a positive. That means that they are doing a good job. Having met Kristian and Peter many times through the years, they are great people and well liked and probably having a ball with CC because they love to act and have a front burner story line. We have to separate fact with fiction.
They are just playing their characters and their articles in the mags are their personal interpretations of the what their characters are feeling and going through. Who knows the characters better than the actors? Peter and Kristian have been playing Bo and Hope have been playing their characters since 1983, even though the resent writers have been writing them out of character for da plot and to fit Carly back on the canvas--JMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bradyclan

I was pretty neutral about Carly but now, I'm getting annoyed.She's not a lovable character , she really is getting on my last nerves.

janicew561

I agree I can truly feel with Hope as Kristian tells how she feels. All of the time Hope has loved only Bo. Bo has loved other women, but she has only loved Bo.
she really does want the marriage to work even tho' Bo has been such a jerk. Hopefully they will let Bo cook in his own water once they are ready to start them together again. :mellow: :mellow: I really do not like Carly right now.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Jan 23 2010, 04:35 PM
Considering how passionate and worked up everyone is getting over this story, it seems to me this Hope-Bo-Carly triangle is a major success! I love CC and KA and am glad that they are in such a major story. Ultimately, I think it's obvious that Bo and Hope will end up together, but I would love to see in the short term, Bo and Carly together, and Hope with a viable love interest. And honestly, it really doesn't surprise me that Hope has trouble trusting Bo and why she would be jealous of Carly. She "returns from the dead," and not only does Bo not believe she is Hope, but even when he does, he still picks Billie. And then, he marries a woman he thinks is Hope and doesn't realize she is some old granny, imposter! Believe me, when you lose trust in someone (like Hope has in Bo), it can make you act crazy.
I don't watch Days anymore but I love that these fans are so involved in the storyline with these great actors and characters. Instead of arguing about the direction of the storyline and TPTB, I see fans arguing over characters motives, actions, and thoughts. That is a good storyline! I am happy for KA, PR, and CC! Well done!

karmakatch63

janicew561
Jan 25 2010, 08:50 PM
I agree I can truly feel with Hope as Kristian tells how she feels. All of the time Hope has loved only Bo. Bo has loved other women, but she has only loved Bo.
she really does want the marriage to work even tho' Bo has been such a jerk. Hopefully they will let Bo cook in his own water once they are ready to start them together again. :mellow: :mellow: I really do not like Carly right now.

Well, Hope died. Bo didn't. Hope whining about Bo loving others when she was dead just makes her sound more and more spoiled and self centered. If she actually LOVED Bo, she would not be whining like a brat because Bo did not end up lonely and miserable those years. In fact she would be happy, because if you really LOVE someone you are happy that did not suffer. But Hope clearly believes LOVE means worship her and her only and "how dare you love when you should have been suffering.:

karmakatch63

AlisonLou
Jan 25 2010, 04:38 AM
I posted Crystal's version of what happens is here:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8240658/1/#new

I wonder if Crystal was a bit annoyed at this version of Kristian's that came out in SOW. Alot of people have been bashing the character of Carly since that interview came out.

I wonder if Kristian and Crystal ahve been getting along behind the scenes?
This is sad.
But it speaks volumes.

sandyeggo1

Sam09
Jan 26 2010, 11:04 AM
AlisonLou

I wonder if Crystal was a bit annoyed at this version of Kristian's that came out in SOW. Alot of people have been bashing the character of Carly since that interview came out.

This is sad.
But it speaks volumes.
Are you really trying to say that CC is annoyed with KA now because of a soap rag interview? You know these things are just whatever the show wants to put out right?

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Sam09
AlisonLou

This is sad.
But it speaks volumes.
Why is it "sad?"

KA answered the questions from HOPE's perspective and CC answered from Carly's. Obviously there are always going to be two sides...just like in previous interviews PR has given the view from Bo's perspective, which would be very different from how Hope would see things.

And as for KA and CC getting along...don't know why people need to try and create more conflict in an already contentious storyline.

Kenny
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Jan 26 2010, 12:10 PM
KA answered the questions from HOPE's perspective and CC answered from Carly's. Obviously there are always going to be two sides...
LoL. It reminds me a bit of Michael Muhney's (Y&R) interviews. He constantly makes excuses for his character and talks about this great "love" that Adam has for Sharon, but none of it matches up with what we see on the show.

Michelle Stafford does the same thing in interviews. She always gives a skewed version of what actually transpires to make her character look/sound better and make other characters look worse.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 26 2010, 12:15 PM
fancyface78
KA answered the questions from HOPE's perspective and CC answered from Carly's. Obviously there are always going to be two sides...
LoL. It reminds me a bit of Michael Muhney's (Y&R) interviews. He constantly makes excuses for his character and talks about this great "love" that Adam has for Sharon, but none of it matches up with what we see on the show.

Michelle Stafford does the same thing in interviews. She always gives a skewed version of what actually transpires to make her character look/sound better and make other characters look worse.
I think most actors are going to answer the questions from their character's perspective and not necessarily in an attempt to "make them look better" but since they play that character, they are better able to justify their actions because they know their motivations. Look at any interview and you will see that is pretty consistent no matter who is being interviewed.

Kenny
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Jan 26 2010, 12:37 PM
I think most actors are going to answer the questions from their character's perspective and not necessarily in an attempt to "make them look better" but since they play that character, they are better able to justify their actions because they know their motivations. Look at any interview and you will see that is pretty consistent no matter who is being interviewed.
Mm-hmm. Usually. But when it comes to explaining scenes different from how they actually play out, that doesn't always happen, LoL. It's one thing to say "here's how my character perceives it" but it's another thing entirely to say "this is what goes down/this is what's said" when it's really pretty incorrect.

It doesn't really make a difference to me though. I haven't even seen the scenes yet.

karmakatch63

fancyface78
Sam09
AlisonLou

This is sad.
But it speaks volumes.
Why is it "sad?"

KA answered the questions from HOPE's perspective and CC answered from Carly's. Obviously there are always going to be two sides...just like in previous interviews PR has given the view from Bo's perspective, which would be very different from how Hope would see things.

And as for KA and CC getting along...don't know why people need to try and create more conflict in an already contentious storyline.
It's sad that people think the characters and the real people have the same issues of the characters...that's what I see as sad.
It's as sad as the hate directed toward actors who play the competitors of a fan group's fave.
I have read that hate on the bbs for years.....and the meanness SOME fans display toward an actor.

KA and CC are actresses. Hope and Carly are fictional characters.
Two are real.
Two are pretend.
To spin that the actors have problems because of their characters is sad.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Sam09
Jan 26 2010, 04:20 PM
fancyface78
Sam09
AlisonLou

This is sad.
But it speaks volumes.
Why is it "sad?"

It's sad that people think the characters and the real people have the same issues of the characters...that's what I see as sad.
It's as sad as the hate directed toward actors who play the competitors of a fan group's fave.
I have read that hate on the bbs for years.....and the meanness SOME fans display toward an actor.

KA and CC are actresses. Hope and Carly are fictional characters.
Two are real.
Two are pretend.
To spin that the actors have problems because of their characters is sad.
Well I don't disagree with you...don't know why people feel the need to try and create MORE drama on the boards.

As for "It's as sad as the hate directed toward actors who play the competitors of a fan group's fave." - Yes it is. And I hope you recognize it is NOT one-sided.

Also, I watched the scenes that will air tomorrow and I didn't see where anything either KA or CC said in their respective interviews was inaccurate. It played out the way they both described....

KathyRon

Sam09
AlisonLou

This is sad.
But it speaks volumes.
I the volume you speak of is only determined by the people who want to turn it up! :shame: And that's a shame! The people who hate Kristian are going to use it to continue hate on her and the people that hate Crystal will do the same! :frustration: They are getting along just fine and Kristian was speaking about her character!

It's amazing how much hating is going on in this fictional story! :shithitfan: I wonder once Bo and Hope get back together, and guess what people..it's coming, will the singular view and meaness subside just alittle! :soapbox: Of course. Just my opinion! :wave:

AlisonLou

I was merely pointing out the differences in the what both Kristian and Crystal said that's all. No need to get angry. I just wondered if both women had problems with each other that's all. Obviously not. I wasn't wanting to start anything. I love Bo and Hope.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Jan 27 2010, 01:17 AM
I was merely pointing out the differences in the what both Kristian and Crystal said that's all. No need to get angry. I just wondered if both women had problems with each other that's all. Obviously not. I wasn't wanting to start anything. I love Bo and Hope.
As I said above, I watched the scenes that will air tomorrow and I didn't see where anything either KA or CC said in their respective interviews was inaccurate. It played out the way they both described....

Euripedes

AlisonLou

lol. I watched tomorrow's episode, and there was a bit of the conversation between Hope and Carly (RE: Shawn D) that was a bit exaggerated based on Kristian's interview. Even if it was interpreted in the character's perspective, it didn't even translate well given the context of the original dialogue. But oh, well.

It really doesn't matter if Kristian and Crystal do or do not get a long in real life--really none of our concern. Some of my favorite Hope scenes have been the interactions w/Carly so obviously they get the work done.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

And, at the end of the day, in the long range spectrum of life, does it REALLY matter what a character's motive is, or if KA and CC get along when we aren't really part of their real lives, or which woman prevails on a TV show that's just one of a gazillion? For me, I watch it. The show gets deleted from my DVR. I either like it or I don't. My dishes still get dirty. My friends still lose their jobs. The economy still sucks. A real baby is still being born. A REAL couple is either falling in love or having troubles. Hope and Carly should not affect our real lives to the point where people get argumentative about which fanbase is right and which one is full of beans.
I NEVER put any stock in what an actor says about his/her storyline. We don't know if it's what they're told to say or if the story changes, or if it's their perspective, or if it's wishful thinking. The only time I even possibly believe a article, believe it or not, is when an actor says something negative about it because then I KNOW they're taking a risk and speakng their heart.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Euripedes
Jan 27 2010, 02:00 AM
AlisonLou

lol. I watched tomorrow's episode, and there was a bit of the conversation between Hope and Carly (RE: Shawn D) that was a bit exaggerated based on Kristian's interview. Even if it was interpreted in the character's perspective, it didn't even translate well given the context of the original dialogue. But oh, well.

It really doesn't matter if Kristian and Crystal do or do not get a long in real life--really none of our concern. Some of my favorite Hope scenes have been the interactions w/Carly so obviously they get the work done.
This is what Kristian said: Carly starts going on about how Hope left her son years ago and she took care of him. Hope thanks her for being there for Shawn while she was gone. Kristian says, "But it wasn't like Hope had a choice to be gone. She'd been kidnapped." Hope says it's too bad that Carly didn't make it official then. She could have had Bo, but instead she chose Lawrence and all his money instead of love.

Just wondering how is that exaggerated? That's pretty much exactly how the scene played out. Carly made it sound like Hope up and "disappeared" when she had been taken against her will. Then she threw it in her face that she had a hand in raising Shawn Douglas. I thought Carly was out of line and had no business acting like Hope wanted to be away from her husband and son. JMO!

sandyeggo1

fancyface78
Jan 27 2010, 01:41 PM
Euripedes
Jan 27 2010, 02:00 AM
AlisonLou

This is what Kristian said: Carly starts going on about how Hope left her son years ago and she took care of him. Hope thanks her for being there for Shawn while she was gone. Kristian says, "But it wasn't like Hope had a choice to be gone. She'd been kidnapped." Hope says it's too bad that Carly didn't make it official then. She could have had Bo, but instead she chose Lawrence and all his money instead of love.

Just wondering how is that exaggerated? That's pretty much exactly how the scene played out. Carly made it sound like Hope up and "disappeared" when she had been taken against her will. Then she threw it in her face that she had a hand in raising Shawn Douglas. I thought Carly was out of line and had no business acting like Hope wanted to be away from her husband and son. JMO!
Yes, that seems right to me too. I don't see what the issue is either :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply