Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Tidbits from Renee Jones interview
Topic Started: Jan 21 2010, 05:13 PM (1,657 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

No story right now for Renee (Lexie). She says she just has a few lines here and there in the scripts that she gets. She says she is ok with it though. She says she loves acting, but truly enjoys her time off. "When you have a strong storyline, you have no life. I'm confident that at some point I'll have a storyline again. When it will be, I don't know."

She looks forward to coming in though, and the fun part about coming in now is seeing the people. She isn't looking for other work during her time off and she is redoing her house. But, if it gets to the point where she's had enough downtime and wants to work she says, "I have faith that either I'll start working more on this show or I'll do something else. But right now, I just don't feel it. I've been in the business since 1979! I just don't have tht hunger anymore. I'm in a very comfortable, good place in my life right now. And it's so full. Sometimes you need work to fill you up, but I don't need work do that; I'm full already."

The rest of it is basically her talking about spending time with boyfriend. Also, she talks about her sister that died in 2007 and how her death, (and her brother dying when he was 25) makes her look at life differently and see what is important and what isn't.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 21 2010, 05:13 PM
No story right now for Renee (Lexie). She says she just has a few lines here and there in the scripts that she gets. She says she is ok with it though. She says she loves acting, but truly enjoys her time off. "When you have a strong storyline, you have no life. I'm confident that at some point I'll have a storyline again. When it will be, I don't know."
Sometime after armageddon, I would imagine.
Edited by Mason, Jan 21 2010, 05:17 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...her sister died in 2007? How horrible. That was the same year she left the show twice. Perhaps that is why she didn't really find any other work in between because she had so much to deal with.

RJ and JR have always been team players and that don't seem to mind being backburnered. They are comfortable and love the people and that is all that matters to them.

Cupcake06

I wish she had a story...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

She has it great. She is on contract and gets paid not to work. I would love that job.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

:( Lexie needs a storyline NOW!
Edited by Eric83, Jan 21 2010, 05:35 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

As long as we have these writers I don't except a story for Lexie, sad but true :(

She has a boyfriend, damn :P

Sorry to hear about her sister.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

RJ is a beautiful woman, nice interview. Sorry to hear about her brother and sister, my heart goes out to her.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I love that she wants to still stay on the show, and is keeping faith. I so hope she get's a storyline soon...she is a great actress. What happened with the Theo Autism storyline? I feel like the writers dropped the ball on that one, all for Sami\Rafe\EJ\Nicole...

six
Member Avatar

While I'm happy that she's enjoying what she's being given, I still wish they'd write for her, instead of continually featuring some other people.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Ideally I'd like to see Lexie and Abe get their own storyline. However, Days could still give RJ more to do without that being the case. Lexie has limited involvement with her family. Why is she not involved more in the search for Sydney? I wish they would show Lexie in more of the Dimera scenes.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of her brother and sister.

Leia
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 21 2010, 05:15 PM
Angie79
Jan 21 2010, 05:13 PM
Sometime after armageddon, I would imagine.
Way to go daytime! No story for Renee Jones. Daphnee Duplaix. Tika Sumpter. Tatyana Ali. :shame:

cassie1013

Ughh, give her a story, PLEASE! Abe is so boring, and he limits Lexie's potential.

Dr. Chip

She does have a big story -- Theo's autism (Dena's only story idea since coming back).

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jan 22 2010, 01:57 AM
She does have a big story -- Theo's autism (Dena's only story idea since coming back).
How is that a story? And how is it a big story? She is on once or twice a month, Abe and Theo are on even less. And when they are on it's to support other stories. That is their sole purpose on the show now.
Edited by Sindacco, Jan 22 2010, 05:17 AM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Jan 21 2010, 05:23 PM
She has it great. She is on contract and gets paid not to work. I would love that job.
That's what I'll never understand about soaps. They pay contract players (usually 2-3 days a week) and don't use them. It baffles me :shrug:

Dr. Chip

I'm being facetious about the autism story being a viable story. As much as I love Renee and Lexie and don't want Renee's job to go away, I have to wonder why they keep paying her to show up for two or three lines every few weeks. Bryan/Lucas used to do that, and look what happened to him.

After being fired and rehired twice in the same year, Renee probably has low expectations for this job anyway.

six
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jan 22 2010, 06:51 AM
I'm being facetious about the autism story being a viable story. As much as I love Renee and Lexie and don't want Renee's job to go away, I have to wonder why they keep paying her to show up for two or three lines every few weeks. Bryan/Lucas used to do that, and look what happened to him.
IMO, the only reason they keep the Carvers is as a nod to diversity. It's sad that that hasn't lead to them actually getting used, though (Lexie anyway, Abe is boring enough to stay backburned, unless there was a lot of character development, unfortunately for JR.)
Edited by six, Jan 22 2010, 11:53 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

She's such a great team player. I wouldn't be as nice as her after the way she was treated in 2007. The writers are so stupid not to write for Renee. Lexie is very much needed.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Dr. Chip
Jan 22 2010, 01:57 AM
It's not a big story, hell it's not even a story anymore. Maybe back during the spring and summer of 2008, but once Gary Tomlin hit DAYS they were on backburner and most likely will stay there until the end or if they ever quit/are fired.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply