Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 1/18 - 1/22
Topic Started: Jan 16 2010, 08:29 PM (3,806 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Bo and Carly Honeymoon Part 1

Bo and Carly Honeymoon Part 2

Discuss! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlisonLou

I just read the prevuze recap for tuesday and I'm appauled at the writers and their treatment of women and child birth on this show.
Spoiler: click to toggle
For me the show and it's writers have gone too far. This sl is turning me off this show. I DO NOT want to see things like this ever on a soap. I won't be watching this episode. If days haven't lost viewers they will after this episode.
Edited by AlisonLou, Jan 18 2010, 07:21 AM.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Jan 18 2010, 07:20 AM
I just read the prevuze recap for tuesday and I'm appauled at the writers and their treatment of women and child birth on this show.
For me the show and it's writers have gone too far. This sl is turning me off this show. I DO NOT want to see things like this ever on a soap. I won't be watching this episode. If days haven't lost viewers they will after this episode.
:shrug:

After reading it, I was more appalled that

sandyeggo1

ga68153
Jan 16 2010, 08:29 PM

OK, I'll discuss. They really suck. If they didn't suck so much now, pimping like this with 20 year old clips would not be necessary.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Lawrence was a bastard, yet people still like to insinuate that Carly did something terrible by killing him. Clearly he deserved it. It just goes to show that Carly is not the villain that everyone makes her out to be. She's just misunderstood.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

sandyeggo1
Jan 18 2010, 09:34 AM
ga68153
Jan 16 2010, 08:29 PM

OK, I'll discuss. They really suck. If they didn't suck so much now, pimping like this with 20 year old clips would not be necessary.
I am not pimping anyone. Every weekly discussion thread has a classic clip to kick it off. Since the Bo and Carly drama is a current storyline I posted the clip. So calm down please. :)

lysie
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Isn't his treatment of her kind of the point, though? If he were treating her the way women should be treated, that would change the story a bit.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I see somebody's still Chappellous. ;)

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 18 2010, 10:12 AM
You're really enjoying that, aren't you?

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 18 2010, 10:16 AM
Kenny
You're really enjoying that, aren't you?
LoL, I so am.

karmakatch63

Kenny
Jan 18 2010, 09:36 AM
AlisonLou
Lawrence was a bastard, yet people still like to insinuate that Carly did something terrible by killing him. Clearly he deserved it. It just goes to show that Carly is not the villain that everyone makes her out to be. She's just misunderstood.
Exactly. Lawrence was an abusive, nasty, sadistic man. Viv is an abusive nasty, sadistic woman.
Yet I still read people saying it was Carly's fault for being with him. Yes she made a bad choice. HELLO. Every woman who is beaten/hurt by her abusive husband made a bad choice. It's classic. So many women STILL believe "if she loves him better or enough" she can change him. The media has contributed to that myth for years. In this genre, how many stories show a violent man (rapist, thug, felon) turned into a hero by the love of a good woman. That rarely happens in real life.

But I digress. Like many women, Carly also had her child Nikki as a factor when she "chose" Lawrence.

What's also being left out by many who insist Carly "could have escaped" is that still in many parts of the world, there are no safe houses, there are no laws to protect women, and women are still considered chattel. Clearly, from comments made by Bo early on, Alamainia was a country in that part of the world.

People have said she should have "gotten away" when she went to that medical conference. Even if at that time she did not believe Lawrence could change, she still had a son there. What mother leaves their child with an abusive father???
Carly's story has not been told for sure.
But even at that, it is appalling that the writers ignore that most of Salem KNEW Carly was buried alive by crazy psycho Viv. Where's the compassion of the good people of Salem?? Seriously, most of them only have compassion and forgiveness of people like Vic, or Ej, or Kate. But Carly, who did nothing but help them when she lived in Salem, is treated like crap because at one time she and Bo were in love? Seriously the Salemites were treating her terribly long before she and Bo even kissed.

I am glad for one that more of her story will be told. But honestly it won't matter. Lawrence could have been the worst, most sadistic man on earth and Carly will still be trashed for being in Bo's orbit, and Bo will still be trashed for not hating her.

karmakatch63

lysie
Jan 18 2010, 09:44 AM
AlisonLou
Isn't his treatment of her kind of the point, though? If he were treating her the way women should be treated, that would change the story a bit.
For once, finally, DAYS is showing the truth. Men who are violent, as Lawrence was; men who rape; men who are criminals, thugs, felons who deal drugs; work for drug dealers, generally do not change.
The genre started this myth of the bad boy changing into a heroic savior a long time ago. Even back then, I was appalled. The myth that the love of a good woman changes a violent man into a saint is just that, a myth.

Romanticizing violent men has always turned me off, whether in the soaps, or in the movies. Showing the reality of abuse should be a good thing.

Showing truth is more painful for sure. Perpetuating a myth is more harmful.

karmakatch63

lysie
Jan 18 2010, 09:44 AM
AlisonLou
I am sure for some, the reality is this might make it harder to cheer for Viv and blame the victim. For some, not for all.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 18 2010, 09:36 AM
AlisonLou
I agree Kenny.

This story is very different from a pure interloper storyline. It seems to me the show has taken pains to show that Carly's main motivation for killing Lawrence was his extreme cruelty due to his health condiiton and her need to find and protect her long lost daughter. The attraction with Bo was generic and had a basis in history. I just don't get the hatred for Carly. She didn't stalk and plot to ruin things for Bope like Nicole did with EJami or even Dr. Ditry did with Chloe and Lucas.

Btw, Bo sure seems happy in those honeymoon scenes. Thanks for posting them.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sam09
Jan 18 2010, 10:19 AM
But even at that, it is appalling that the writers ignore that most of Salem KNEW Carly was buried alive by crazy psycho Viv. Where's the compassion of the good people of Salem?? Seriously, most of them only have compassion and forgiveness of people like Vic, or Ej, or Kate. But Carly, who did nothing but help them when she lived in Salem, is treated like crap because at one time she and Bo were in love? Seriously the Salemites were treating her terribly long before she and Bo even kissed.
Yep, and that pisses me off.

Stefano and Vivian have murdered people in cold blood yet they're still treated with more humanity and compassion than the way Carly is treated by most of Salem. For whatever reason, Carly has been turned into the town pariah and it's just silly to me. This woman was a friend to the most respected pillars of the community for many years. She saved their lives. She saved their children. And this is the way they treat her? She was treated like an outcast long before she and Bo even locked lips, so the excuse that people hate her because she slept with Bo doesn't fly. The unfair treatment existed months ago.

She did nothing wrong by murdering Lawrence. He deserved it. He was physically and emotionally abusive to her and he was threatening to kill her child. He had it coming.

As for sleeping with Bo, I suppose it's morally questionable but it still doesn't compare to half the shit everyone else in town has done. It is not Carly's responsibility to try and fix Bo and Hope's marriage. It was pretty much over anyway. Hope moved out and she wasn't interested in a reconciliation. Bo was fed up with her holier-than-thou attitude and he was done pandering to her. They were separated physically and emotionally for MONTHS before Bo and Carly even kissed. The only thing missing was the paperwork to make the divorce official. But it was coming anyway. Divorce was pretty much inevitable because their marriage was headed down the tubes fast. It's not as if Carly came to town with intentions to break up a happy couple. Bo and Hope had been miserable for a long time. Bo was physically and emotionally available... and so was Carly. So they had sex. It happens. That still doesn't mean that she's the villain everyone makes her out to be though. 'Cause she isn't.

sandyeggo1

Kenny
What is that some kind of cult language? :shrug: Oh wait, I know what is it now...PIG latin. How fitting. :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just read the writeup for tomorrow's episode on Prevuze, and I thought the most disturbing part of it all, aside from...

was...

Who the hell does that?!

Kenny
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jan 18 2010, 10:45 AM
Kenny
What is that some kind of cult language? :shrug: Oh wait, I know what is it now...PIG latin. How fitting. :lol:
Hardy har har. You're clever.

Really though, I just get a kick out of your severe Carly hatred, LoL. I don't think I've ever seen you post a single thing that doesn't pertain to hating Carly and/or Crystal Chappell. And that's fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. It just seems like that's your only opinion regarding the show. It's alright though. I get a kick out of it.

six
Member Avatar

Carly's being treated poorly, but considering the town she's in, I'm not surprised. They were terrible to John too, (a victim of Stefano just like everyone else) long before he even got involved in the dock wars etc. Salem is just full of nasty, judgmental hypocrites.

karmakatch63

Kenny
Jan 18 2010, 10:43 AM
Sam09
Jan 18 2010, 10:19 AM
Yep, and that pisses me off.

Stefano and Vivian have murdered people in cold blood yet they're still treated with more humanity and compassion than the way Carly is treated by most of Salem. For whatever reason, Carly has been turned into the town pariah and it's just silly to me. This woman was a friend to the most respected pillars of the community for many years. She saved their lives. She saved their children. And this is the way they treat her? She was treated like an outcast long before she and Bo even locked lips, so the excuse that people hate her because she slept with Bo doesn't fly. The unfair treatment existed months ago.

She did nothing wrong by murdering Lawrence. He deserved it. He was physically and emotionally abusive to her and he was threatening to kill her child. He had it coming.

As for sleeping with Bo, I suppose it's morally questionable but it still doesn't compare to half the shit everyone else in town has done. It is not Carly's responsibility to try and fix Bo and Hope's marriage. It was pretty much over anyway. Hope moved out and she wasn't interested in a reconciliation. Bo was fed up with her holier-than-thou attitude and he was done pandering to her. They were separated physically and emotionally for MONTHS before Bo and Carly even kissed. The only thing missing was the paperwork to make the divorce official. But it was coming anyway. Divorce was pretty much inevitable because their marriage was headed down the tubes fast. It's not as if Carly came to town with intentions to break up a happy couple. Bo and Hope had been miserable for a long time. Bo was physically and emotionally available... and so was Carly. So they had sex. It happens. That still doesn't mean that she's the villain everyone makes her out to be though. 'Cause she isn't.
I cannot tell you how many times I have said this same thing, on other bbs.

Somehow, the Salemites, as well as some others, seem to an an odd view when it comes to morality, ethos.
Adultery, in the view of some, is apparently worse than murder, sadism, torture, kidnapping, drug dealing.
Color me confused.

And the facts are the facts. Hope made it clear since the night Ciara returned, she did not want to be touched by Bo, be near Bo, talk to Bo. No matter what he said or did, or offered to do he was rejected, physically and emotionally.
For the first time, Bo is not begging for forgiveness, is not worshipping Hope, and is not jumping thru her hoops. Hope did not "want" Bo in any way, shape or form. Even the ONE TIME she said she wanted to come back, she was playing him and he knew it and called her on it.
I think Bo gave up and gave in. I am not sure he is comfortable with his choice because Bo always is plagued with guilt, thanks to Hope and other members of his family whose blaming him for everything is the norm. But clearly Bo loved Carly deeply once, still has feelings, and found comfort in her arms. It makes for great storytelling without the use of silly gimmicks to give characters excuses. FINALLY, a good guy does something that is human and does not get a brain chip, amnesia, or brainwashing excuses. Refreshing. Peter and Crystal and Kristian are actually showing human flaws, conflict....dealing with feelings without the aid of built in excuses.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply