Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recycled Actors/Characters; Have you noticed
Topic Started: Jan 27 2010, 08:28 PM (1,043 Views)
jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Ok, I thought I would start a thread on main character actors that have been 'recycled' into different characters on Days.

Examples:

Old Roman - Alex North
Adrienne Kiriakis - Bonnie Lockhart
Chris Kostichek - New Roman

I think it will be fun to come up with other actors that have been 'recycled' . I know I am not the only one that has noticed this trend. So let's see your list of 'recycled' actors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Didn't Alison Sweeney play a young Kayla back in the 80's before she was cast as Sami?

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 27 2010, 08:30 PM
Didn't Alison Sweeney play a young Kayla back in the 80's before she was cast as Sami?
I'm not sure. Back then I was working 3 part time jobs, and the VCR either hadn't been invented yet, or I didn't have one ;)

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Renee Jones played Nikki Wade from 1982-1983 before returning as Lexie Carver in 1993.

six
Member Avatar

The guy playing Nathan played an aged Johnny in Sami's dream.

IIRC, RM played a girl Bo/Billie thought was their daughter (but wasn't) before she became Chelsea.

LawlyFan4ever
Member Avatar

Kenny
No Alison Sweeney played 6 year old Adrienne in a flashback.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LawlyFan4ever
Jan 27 2010, 09:41 PM
Kenny
No Alison Sweeney played 6 year old Adrienne in a flashback.
Ah, that's right.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Along with those listed above, here's some more "dual" roles of note:

Andrea Hall first played Samantha Evans and later Hattie Adams.

Nancy Parsons first played the crazy Nurse Jackson, who worked at Vivian's asylum; then later played the crazy Mary Brooke, who kidnapped baby Will.

Julian Barnes (Harold the butler) played Shane's father in a flashback, and later appeared as Dr. Claude Goddard. And with the DiMera mansion being the same mansion that Shane lived in, he went from playing the father of the mansion owner in the 1980s to the butler of the mansion owner in the 2000s!

John Callahan (Dr. Baker) had two recurring roles, first as Tyler Malone and later as Doyle Archer.

Diane Delano (Sami's FBI guard, Hilda) played a memorable role as Olga, a masseuse who had a crush on Ivan.

Also in some minor roles, Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) played Dr. Tutano for a few episodes in 1968. Ivan G'Vera (Ivan) played Carly's father in a flashback, Frank Parker (Grandpa Shawn) played a car salesman and later a doctor.

Kathryn Fuller had the most uniquely named roles (two different Mabels): first she played Mabel, a nurse who worked for Lee Dumonde; and later she played Mabel, Marlena's maid.

Ian Patrick Williams holds the record for most recurring roles (more than 5 episodes), with 4 different roles. He's played Mimi's father, David Lockhart; also Steve, the pilot that Vivian drugged to keep Kate away from Salem; as well as Bert Klein and Dr. Adams.
Edited by Jason47, Jan 27 2010, 10:31 PM.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Excellent!!! I always wondered how many times they have done this before! Thanks for your input!!!

morlock sevigny

I always thought that the two Mabels were in fact the same character and that Mabel had a change of career,from nurse to maid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply