Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Hope learns the truth/Ciara lashes out; February 9th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Jan 28 2010, 02:58 PM (8,072 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

SOD:Hope Learns the Truth

Hope finally learns Carly's big secret after she swipes the puzzle box from Vivian. "She takes it to Justin's hotel room, so they won't get caught," says Kristian Alfonso. "She opens the box and there's a letter in there from Lawrence and a birth certificate where she's like, 'It's deja vu; it's happening all over again. Bo is the father of Carly's baby; that's what the big secret is.' Then she calms down and realizes that Bo would never keep that from her after what they went through with Zack and Chelsea. He would tell her the truth. Then, slowly, she figures out that Bo is not the father."

Meanwhile, at the Brady home, Bo chats with Ciara via webcam and the little girl then spies a kiss between Bo and Carly. Ciara asks Caroline if they can suprise her father, so the two head to the house and they catch Bo and Carly in a warm moment. Caroline gives Bo a piece of her mind about his love life. After, he asks Carly to move in with him. She says yes, and then leaves to go to the hospital.

"I think they're still in that world of looking for the port in the storm; they're letting their minds go there,"notes Crystal Chappell. "He tells her he's tired of worrying about what other people think. She finds so much comfort being with him that she agrees to do it. For Carly, it's more about being with someone that she loves and cares so much about. I don't think she's necessairly thinking about the consequences." Which is a big mistake.

Bo later finds Carly's clothes shredded and is horrified to realize that Ciara was the culprit. Hope, who wants to warn Bo about Vivian, arrives and finds the clothes. Kristian says, "Her first reaction is, 'Oh my God. Are these Carly's clothes?' Still not putting everything together. She's like, 'Who did this?' Was it Vivian? One of Lawrence's goons?' Not thinking it's her daughter. Her good daughter." Kristian goes on to say, "When Bo states that it was Ciara, Hope is horrified and taken aback that her daughter could do such an act. Hope wants to know what would drive her to do this. And Bo reveals that he asked Carly to move back in and Hope is like, 'Now it makes perfect sense.' Forget about the emotional state of the Bo/Hope relationship and the sadness and betrayal there, but what about the well-being of the child?'"

Bo and Hope argue and Carly walks in and overhears. Crystal says, "She knew that Ciara would have a hard time with it, but she didn't think it would be that bad. So carly goes to move out before she's even moved in. She packs her bags again."

SOW:Ciara Lashes Out!

Upset by the closeness developing between Bo and Carly, Ciara acts out and shreds Carly’s clothes.

“The whole situation is impossible – a huge mess,” admits Peter Reckell. “And it’s affecting Ciara.”

Ciara witnesses a couple of moments between her daddy and his lover. First, after talking to Bo via laptop, she accidentally spies Bo and Carly kissing. “Bo has no idea Ciara’s seen anything, “ says PR.

Afterward, Ciara asks Caroline to take her to see her daddy. When they arrive they walk in on a warm moment between Bo and Carly. “It’s awkward,” says PR, noting that Caroline immediately advises her son to ditch Carly and reconcile with Hope. “It’s another long, ‘What the heck do you think you’re doing, buddy?’ talk,” chuckles PR.

Bo reminds Caroline that Hope is the one who walked out on him and he isn’t fazed when his mom expresses her disapproval of Carly. In fact, Bo asks Carly to move in and she says yes. Then he goes off to work and leaves Ciara with the babysitter. When he returns he brings a suitcase of Carly’s clothes. The episode ends with someone sneaking in and taking apart the suitcase, but you don’t see who it is.

When Bo discovers Carly’s tattered clothes, he thinks Vivian snuck into the house. Peter says, “Bo’s concern is where his daughter is and he goes to find her. When Bo sees Ciara’s reaction to the clothes, he goes, ‘Whoa! Wait a minute!’ He asks Ciara about them, but she avoids him. Then Bo sees Ciara has scissors in her hand, and she runs upstairs.”

Hope arrives and learns that Carly has moved in and that Ciara has shredded her clothes. “Hope can’t believe how insensitive Bo has been to their daughter,” notes Kristian. “She went from being kidnapped to watching people get shot to seeing her parents break up. Now there’s another woman living in her house – a murderer. Hope’s worried Ciara could be in danger with Carly around.”

Bo takes umbrage at the very idea. “He’s like, ‘Come on. Carly’s not a murderer,’” says PR. “But Hope is angry. She tells Bo if he insists on Carly being there, she’s going to take visitation rights away from him.”

Carly arrives at the end of Bo and Hope’s argument and accuses Hope “of punishing Bo because of her,”explains KA, insisting that’s not the case. “Everything Hope has done has been to protect her daughter. Ciara is her No. 1 priority.”

Then Ciara walks in on her arguing parents. “Bo and Hope stop fighting,” says PR. “Hope gathers Ciara up and gets her our of the house as soon as possible.”

Alone with Bo, Carly tells him she’s going to leave. “Carly doesn’t want Bo to lose his daughter,” declares PR. “Bo is like, ‘No. You can’t leave. I’ll fix this.’ Why Bo thinks he can work this out, I don’t know, because it’s a mess. But for some reason, Bo wants Carly in his life and he wants his daughter in his life. He’s determined to work this out.”

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Caroline!

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if the show is planning on SORASing Ciara soon...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like that Hope thinks the baby might be Bo's at first. It's natural and it's what we all thought as well. I'm glad she quickly realizes that isn't the case. I don't want to see her going around, looking stupid, believing that. I like that little quick realization in the story.

It'll be nice to see Caroline again. But I don't want to hear Caroline badmouthing Carly. While I do think that she has more of a relationship with Hope, Caroline was very close to Carly as well. I won't mind her telling Bo that she needs to be with Hope for Ciara's sake, but I don't want to hear her saying how Carly's going to ruin his life, she's bad for him, etc.

I love that Ciara cuts Carly's clothes! :lol: It reminds me of when Aly did the same to Taylor's dress over at B&B. What a little devil! I love it.

As for Carly packing her bags again... :eyeroll: She needs to just keep her shit packed and live out of her suitcase.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 28 2010, 03:17 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

So glad we get to see Caroline. I'm still a little peeved that we didn't see her share scenes with Maggie after Mickey died. And I'm happy Hope finds out about the Carly's daughter.

Deleted User
Deleted User

It looks like Tomlin might be turning Ciara into the girl that he originally planned for Hope to be.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 28 2010, 03:29 PM
It looks like Tomlin might be turning Ciara into the girl that he originally planned for Hope to be.
Never even thought of that. Good eye!

sandyeggo1

Quote:

Crystal says, "She knew that Ciara would have a hard time with it, but she didn't think it would be that bad.

So she knew the little 5 year old would have a hard time but...didn't care? Shacking up with Bo outweighs any distress it might cause a child? Gotta love that new and improved Katerina Von Selfish.

Who wants to bet that Bo stops her passive aggressive pity party as she's packing again to move out before she's completely moved in? "Oh, I've caused enough problems for you, Oh I shouldn't be here, :blah:

Bo: "Don't worry Pwincess, I'll just have to talk to Ciara just like I do everyone else in Salem and make they are not mean to you ". :sleep:

jane1978

I was not sure before but I´m really starting to think Bope will be done. Atleast for a while (meaning months or even year or two). It could still change during that big choice moment Corday previewed, but IMO the only way for the story to not fizzle out is finish it and really give both character chance to move on with someone else for real. Bo already went too far with Carly to just suddenly turn his back on her and play family with Hope again. And I don´t believe Hope will be ever able to see Bo the same again especially with Carly still in town and Bo constantly running out to protect her.

Btw. I absolutely love Ciara acting out and destroying the clothes. That´s great stuff.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Bo is just....unreal. I have no words.

Hope deserves a better potential new love interest. Justin is nice...but I don't see any sparks there. I would love to see how Bo would react to Hope moving on with her life, without pining after him.

cassie1013

Sariah
Jan 28 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm wondering if the show is planning on SORASing Ciara soon...
I dunno. She appears to be about kindergarten age right now (the actress has grown though - I pulled up the kidnapping on youtube, and she definitely looked about 3.5, maybe 4).

I hope they don't. No need to age her at this point. I like her little, and think they should have left her as a baby longer lol.

sungrey

jane1978
Jan 28 2010, 04:04 PM
I was not sure before but I´m really starting to think Bope will be done. Atleast for a while (meaning months or even year or two). It could still change during that big choice moment Corday previewed, but IMO the only way for the story to not fizzle out is finish it and really give both character chance to move on with someone else for real. Bo already went too far with Carly to just suddenly turn his back on her and play family with Hope again. And I don´t believe Hope will be ever able to see Bo the same again especially with Carly still in town and Bo constantly running out to protect her.

Btw. I absolutely love Ciara acting out and destroying the clothes. That´s great stuff.
Naaa. I think in the end the Bope fans will get their wish. Like you said it may take months to happen, but there will be a good ending. I wonder what this big moment is myself.

Overall, I think the story has its strong points and its weak ones. One thing it has done is fan the message boards... you know a story is working when there's this much talk about it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW:Ciara Lashes Out!

Upset by the closeness developing between Bo and Carly, Ciara acts out and shreds Carly’s clothes.

“The whole situation is impossible – a huge mess,” admits Peter Reckell. “And it's affecting Ciara.”

Ciara witnesses a couple of moments between her daddy and his lover. First, after talking to Bo via laptop, she accidentally spies Bo and Carly kissing. “Bo has no idea Ciara’s seen anything, “ says PR.

Afterward, Ciara asks Caroline to take her to see her daddy. When they arrive they walk in on a warm moment between Bo and Carly. “It’s awkward,” says PR, noting that Caroline immediately advises her son to ditch Carly and reconcile with Hope. “It’s another long, ‘What the heck do you think you’re doing, buddy?’ talk,” chuckles PR.

Bo reminds Caroline that Hope is the one who walked out on him and he isn’t fazed when his mom expresses her disapproval of Carly. In fact, Bo asks Carly to move in and she says yes. Then he goes off to work and leaves Ciara with the babysitter. When he returns he brings a suitcase of Carly’s clothes. The episode ends with someone sneaking in and taking apart the suitcase, but you don’t see who it is.

When Bo discovers Carly’s tattered clothes, he thinks Vivian snuck into the house. Peter says, “Bo’s concern is where his daughter is and he goes to find her. When Bo sees Ciara’s reaction to the clothes, he goes, ‘Whoa! Wait a minute!’ He asks Ciara about them, but she avoids him. Then Bo sees Ciara has scissors in her hand, and she runs upstairs.”

Hope arrives and learns that Carly has moved in and that Ciara has shredded her clothes. “Hope can’t believe how insensitive Bo has been to their daughter,” notes Kristian. “She went from being kidnapped to watching people get shot to seeing her parents break up. Now there’s another woman living in her house – a murderer. Hope’s worried Ciara could be in danger with Carly around.”

Bo takes umbrage at the very idea. “He’s like, ‘Come on. Carly’s not a murderer,’” says PR. “But Hope is angry. She tells Bo if he insists on Carly being there, she’s going to take visitation rights away from him.”

Carly arrives at the end of Bo and Hope’s argument and accuses Hope “of punishing Bo because of her,”explains KA, insisting that’s not the case. “Everything Hope has done has been to protect her daughter. Ciara is her No. 1 priority.”

Then Ciara walks in on her arguing parents. “Bo and Hope stop fighting,” says PR. “Hope gathers Ciara up and gets her our of the house as soon as possible.”

Alone with Bo, Carly tells him she’s going to leave. “Carly doesn’t want Bo to lose his daughter,” declares PR. “Bo is like, ‘No. You can’t leave. I’ll fix this.’ Why Bo thinks he can work this out, I don’t know, because it’s a mess. But for some reason, Bo wants Carly in his life and he wants his daughter in his life. He’s determined to work this out.”

sandyeggo1

Angie79
Jan 28 2010, 04:49 PM
..Why Bo thinks he can work this out, I don’t know, because it’s a mess. But for some reason, Bo wants Carly in his life and he wants his daughter in his life. He’s determined to work this out.”
Sounds like PR doesn't get Bo's weird behavior either.

esp13
Member Avatar

Quote:

But for some reason, Bo wants Carly in his life

Sounds like the failure to explain a character's motivations doesn't just affect a couple of people on the message boards. PR seems to be wondering some of the same things himself.

Quote:

“Everything Hope has done has been to protect her daughter. Ciara is her No. 1 priority.”

Yeah, that's why she's living with one of Salem's mob bosses. Makes perfect sense to me.

duckie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 28 2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:

“Everything Hope has done has been to protect her daughter. Ciara is her No. 1 priority.”

Yeah, that's why she's living with one of Salem's mob bosses. Makes perfect sense to me.
And Vivian, because she's all kinds of safe for her daughter.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jan 28 2010, 05:00 PM
Angie79
..Why Bo thinks he can work this out, I don’t know, because it’s a mess. But for some reason, Bo wants Carly in his life and he wants his daughter in his life. He’s determined to work this out.”
That would explain why Bo is the one I'm having the most problem with right now. The writing for him sucks and in some scenes I haven't liked the way PR has played it but now I understand why.

DOOL1965

sandyeggo1
Angie79
I was thinking the same thing. I don't fault him either if he doesn''t get it. I don't get it either. I mean they have change Bo's character into someone that as a fan, I barely recognize . I can not imagine what it is like for PR to have to take his character Bo that he has played for over 20 years in a whole new direction.

sandyeggo1

DOOL1965
Jan 28 2010, 05:25 PM
sandyeggo1
Angie79
I was thinking the same thing. I don't fault him either if he doesn''t get it. I don't get it either. I mean they have change Bo's character into someone that as a fan, I barely recognize . I can not imagine what it is like for PR to have to take his character Bo that he has played for over 20 years in a whole new direction.
I would imagine it's tough for him. This is not the same Bo Brady he's been playing for almost 27 years. This new Bo is a bully and now a pretty rotten father for trying to force his young child to accept his mistress without the consideration of a proper divorce or time to adjust to what is happening with the only family she knows .

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ciara is awesome. lol Sounds like Something I would have done as a kid.

I am so glad they are not making Bo the dad. We all know it is Dr Dirty Love.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply