Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/1 - 2/5
Topic Started: Jan 30 2010, 12:53 AM (9,274 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES"
Weekly Discussion
Week of February 1st

Posted Image

Classic clip: Sami blackmails Vivian to get a job at Titan.

Discuss! :cheers:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Allison really does play the evil bitch well...even at such a young age. Can't remember though why Vivian dressed up as the nun and Ivan dressed up as Marlena. Was this after Paris and right before the Secret Dimera Room?
Edited by designergirl777, Jan 30 2010, 01:16 AM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

It's from 1995, according to the person who posted the YouTube, madelinehawaii (who I think I have seen post at DR once or twice before IIRC).

Anyway, from the summary...

Quote:

For fun of it, since Louise Sorrel is coming back :) This is from the night of the magic show, summer 1995 and Sami is worried that Carrie and Austin will be working together even though they've broken up, so she blackmails Vivian into giving her a job at Titan.

Taelyn

I just want to say that I am THRILLED they are not only *using* but actually writing and building storylines for the Over 40 Cast.. And I love it .. Now Im not loving all the directions they are going in.. I hate the way they rushed Bo/Carly into Bed and a sudo relationship.. I mean he has not seen the woman in almost 2 decades after she dumped him for Alamain.. and SNAP had her "Sleeping in his wifes bed
**** A HUGE NO NO****
And I remember quite clearly that they have a 3 bedroom house. I recall when it was Roman/Marlenas house and Ro/John---Roman sleeping in the guest bedroom during the who is Roman plot, and when Marlena returned from the dead after the Pier.. also Chelsea had her own room in addition to Zack/Ciara's room and the Master BR .. That = 3.. So why couldnt Carly rest in the Xtra bedroom??????
I hate when they forget very clear and long standing history
And Then within a couple weeks he was kissing her, tossing away his supposed soulmate of decades and the mother of his children and jumping in bed with another woman, even wanting her to not just stay while she gets settled in town but actually move in {While he is still married}. Even Hope did not move this fast with Patrick.
Has he forgotten he and Hope just renewed their vows about a year ago?????
In fairness yes.. Hope caused all this rediculous drama, her reasons for leaving were rediculous, as well as her bitchy selfish attitude, That in itself was totally out of character And obviously simlty written to create an opening for Carly to weasel in and take over. I love that she has returned but I would have liked it better if they drew the story out and allowed emotions to build and conflict in realistic time and ways.
Frankly I see Higley all over this writing.. Its rushed, with too many holes, lacks depth, direction, and just sucks. Even if they did want to create a spicy angsty story for Bope.. This writing is so shallow I find it hard to root for any of them.. And Im still stumped about Carly having a 20 yr old daughter.
Why would she have never mentioned it to Bo when they were together 16 years ago?? Wierd.
I dont mind the plot it just has too many holes, and the years dont make sense.

I Love Maggie, And as much as I hated Micky's Dying I was looking forward to her getting more substance and material. Again Higley has a hand in the writing here because once more its rushed.. lacking in quality, moving, heart wrenching flashbacks.. She was great but the material she had to work with was not. Shockingly I couldnt muster a tear, and I cry easy.
Im enjnoying her struggle with the bottle more She is rocking with her quiet grief, and speaking volumes with her face... But then thats all talent.. writers cant ruin that.

Vivien.. what can I say she is magic, I do now, and always have loved her.. even when I hated her... lol
She is hilariously diabolical.. and never boring.. She could make reading a McDonalds menu an interesting event.
More Vivien please...

Victor.. Ive always been a fan..I do get tired of him yelling and blustery.. But I love love his quick cutting wit, and evil confidence, I love this man on my screen

Stephano .. Encore Encore.. an Evil Geniius.. He has not had the best Material sadly, and he is nowhere near the incomparable Pheonix he once was.. What a shame to waste such superb talent The Dimeras used to be untouchable,Mysterious and Dangerous, unlike any other villian with connections world wide..
And while Stephano rarely Murdered, His wrath and schemes was much more complex and interesting ...
Again what a waste, But I do love that he is at the very least utilized.

Kate, Always one of my least favorites But she has talent and brings her own edge and excitement.

Roman, Ehhh.. Not a character I miss.
Caroline, Definately would like to see more of her.

Lexie/Abe.... In need of a story. (NOT autism)

Anna, never a favorite of mine, but she does add elegance and humor and I truly cant find anything wrong with her.. Even though I believe this is a temporary role for her unless they truly change things up and decide to write for her.

The 30-40 age range actors are doing their thing and since its been the same story now for around 2 years well...... Im ready for some twists, and some stability. People should be happy or unhappy for more than 2 weeks. Couples break up and make up wayyyyyyyyyyy too fast. Or they go nowhere and lack depth and so We hardly have time to be invested in them because they dont even have meaningful lines or dialog anymore.

Missing Ari Z.. She is awesome, but Id love to see some of the old witty sassy strong Nicole, with a touch of the new sensitive one.

Im glad the producers accepted that while they need to build the younger crowd and create a place and stories for them The Over 40's are what keep us coming back, Sadly too late for many of our favorites who are now gone.. (Mine included).. Now if they could just find the right ones and find and write good material for the Teens, that would be the smart thing, give them some fun exciting, and even some dangerous meaty stuff like the old days .. They should have them on back storys but they need good solid scripts and actors.. Right now they truly suck.

(( TS is so pretty but she would benefit from some acting lessons, she has no depth and is too monotone and lifeless, the girls has no expressions, I dont think Ive ever seen her laugh ))

But I digress

So... YAYYyyyyyyyy to TPTB who wised up and decided to make the smart move of writing for the adults.
Lets continue to do so, and create/build some new meaty storylines that are not rushed, nor dragged out for years, and if they are dragged out build and expand it by working story within a story.

(Sorry for the long post) :peek:
Edited by Taelyn, Jan 30 2010, 07:00 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jan 30 2010, 06:57 AM
And I remember quite clearly that they have a 3 bedroom house. I recall when it was Roman/Marlenas house and Ro/John---Roman sleeping in the guest bedroom during the who is Roman plot, and when Marlena returned from the dead after the Pier.. also Chelsea had her own room in addition to Zack/Ciara's room and the Master BR .. That = 3.. So why couldnt Carly rest in the Xtra bedroom??????
BOPE don't live in Roman and Marlena's old house, though. Abe and Lexie do.

As for BOPE's house. It has to have more rooms than that. At one point when Chelsea lived there, Jeremy lived there, too. So it must have at least four.

Roman and Marlena's house had to have at least that many rooms, too because none of the kids ever shared rooms.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I'm so pumped for this week, and see what Vivian does!

Morganarose

I am just soooo ready for movement in all the storylines,,....if I have to hear more whining about Melanie, etc. from Carly I will scream.......want some movement with Bo and Hope and so glad Ciara is being involved, whatever threat is going to happen--- Go For It...the baby story just keeps going on and on and is such a smooze feast lately--please move on so tired of Sami and her tirades...get my drift? we have been in stand still mode for too long going over the same scenarios. Everything is timing and too much of the same thing is totally a turn off. Maybe my standards are too high?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Anybody remember when Sami rocked this hairstyle?

Posted Image

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Kenny
Jan 31 2010, 10:12 PM

Posted Image
:wtf: When in the hell was that?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^OMG...YES! Looks like she just came back from some tropical place tourists go to get those fake cornrows! At least her hair wasnt fried! LOL

GOOD CALL on the hair style pic!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny

Posted Image
LOL! I think I might prefer that over the white fried limp mess she currently has.
Gosh, she was so young and bitchy and obsessed with Carrie and Austin. Good grief! How far she has come!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

line of the day, once again, goes to viv: "Hope, I didn't hear you waft in!" LOL
Edited by luvpumpkns, Feb 1 2010, 10:02 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Kenny

Posted Image
Oh I remember Kenny. AS used to have some great hairstyles. I also remember how smart and independent Sami used to be. This thing she has become with Captain Caveman is repulsive and boring. Maturity is great but a personality transplant, not so much.

Thanks Mary for the look back at the pistol Sami used to be. I have the clip where Sami cut off all Kate's hair and she ended up bald. LOLOL! Madeline is a big Thaao fan and yes, she posts here.

Funny about LS. I can see she has aged, but she has aged well. I see none of the plastic face or nightmarish changes one often sees when actresses run to the plastic surgeon to try and keep time at bay.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Did Nathan just say he's going on a trip to Pine Valley? LoL

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kenny
Feb 1 2010, 01:32 PM
Did Nathan just say he's going on a trip to Pine Valley? LoL
I believe he said Alpine Valley, but I did a double-take, too. Whatever happened to Green Mountain Lodge?

And I'm going out on a limb with a snap review, but I've already seen more life out of NuWill in just two short scenes than I ever saw outta oldWill.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL @ Vivian. "Why is everyone so concerned with my hair?!"

Perhaps a little wink/nudge to the viewers who've been bitching about her darker 'do?

Harmony233

Really liked the Melanie/Carly scenes.I thought it was funny when Carly told Melanie nothing wrong with having feelings for two goodlooking men and to enjoy them chasing her.

Vivian is awesome.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Good god I miss the moxie and hutzpah of that Sami! I mean that was a young woman who wasn't afraid to take on Vivian Alemain in order to mess with her own sister but now is a woman who can't investigate the kidnapping of her own offspring. I was all for Sami maturing but it seems they've stripped her of many of the characteristics which made Sami, Sami.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kenny
Feb 1 2010, 01:51 PM
LoL @ Vivian. "Why is everyone so concerned with my hair?!"

Perhaps a little wink/nudge to the viewers who've been bitching about her darker 'do?
OMG! I was thinking the same thing!

cassie1013

Matt
Feb 1 2010, 01:39 PM
Whatever happened to Green Mountain Lodge?
Budget Cuts!

Just kidding - I don't know. But when in doubt...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply