Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/1 - 2/5
Topic Started: Jan 30 2010, 12:53 AM (9,273 Views)
karmakatch63

Loved the Melanie/Carly scenes......loved the snark about why Melanie stopped hating Carly..."found someone who screwed up more than you." :cheer: And Melanie admitted about not knowing the whole story and that was "judgmental." Someone should tell her not to worry, that being in Salem gives the right to be judgmental, even when one knows the whole story.....and then some.

Like Caroline. Sheesh, woman, do you have any remembrance of how "that woman" save your grandson, saved your son, save YOU? Oh right, blaming her for breaking up a marriage trumps credit for saving loved ones.

At least, FINALLY, Bo showed some real anger at being blamed for what Hope did. FINALLY, he showed that he is angry, hurt and frustrated. And that he is a loving father, even if Hope thinks he is the world's worst father.

Why, can someone explain, does Hope (and her fans) want this terrible man, bad father, bad husband, back? Clearly she does not love Bo. Why not move on and get another man, like Justin, who clearly is willing to do her bidding and worship her 24/7?

Prediction (and I do not read spoilers). Hope finds out Carly had a child that was not Lawrences...and she ASSUMES the child is Bo's. She ASSUMES Bo cheated on her back whenever and is lying about having another child. I think it is not true. I will bet Daniel is the father, but Hope always assumes the worst of Bo, so it's a good bet.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 1 2010, 02:09 PM
Kenny
Feb 1 2010, 01:51 PM
LoL @ Vivian. "Why is everyone so concerned with my hair?!"

Perhaps a little wink/nudge to the viewers who've been bitching about her darker 'do?
OMG! I was thinking the same thing!
The writers must be reading the boards. The answer is because that rug on her head is horrible. Looks like a bad remake of Medusa.

designergirl777
Member Avatar

karmakatch63
Feb 1 2010, 04:10 PM
Loved the Melanie/Carly scenes......loved the snark about why Melanie stopped hating Carly..."found someone who screwed up more than you." :cheer: And Melanie admitted about not knowing the whole story and that was "judgmental." Someone should tell her not to worry, that being in Salem gives the right to be judgmental, even when one knows the whole story.....and then some.

Like Caroline. Sheesh, woman, do you have any remembrance of how "that woman" save your grandson, saved your son, save YOU? Oh right, blaming her for breaking up a marriage trumps credit for saving loved ones.
I know everyone is so willing to bad mouth her...but they forget all the things she did for them when she was around the first time. Can we say "Saved Shawn from the well and helped him learn sign language. Helped save Alice from her heart attack, and saved Bo when he was poisoned" Geez people....she is not solely to blame.

Kenny
Member Avatar

designergirl777
Feb 1 2010, 04:15 PM
Matt
Feb 1 2010, 02:09 PM
Kenny
Feb 1 2010, 01:51 PM
LoL @ Vivian. "Why is everyone so concerned with my hair?!"

Perhaps a little wink/nudge to the viewers who've been bitching about her darker 'do?
OMG! I was thinking the same thing!
The writers must be reading the boards. The answer is because that rug on her head is horrible. Looks like a bad remake of Medusa.
Eh... some days are better than others for Vivian's hair, LoL. It looks like they put too much product in it. When it's so stiff and shiny, it almost looks like a wig. (Or IS it a wig?)

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 1 2010, 01:39 PM
Kenny
Feb 1 2010, 01:32 PM
Did Nathan just say he's going on a trip to Pine Valley? LoL
I believe he said Alpine Valley, but I did a double-take, too. Whatever happened to Green Mountain Lodge?

And I'm going out on a limb with a snap review, but I've already seen more life out of NuWill in just two short scenes than I ever saw outta oldWill.
I had to rewind it also to make sure Nathan didn't say Pine Valley. Although I do give the show some credit as Alpine Valley is a real ski lodge that is about 2 hours from Chicago. I went there a long time ago.

While it's still way too early to tell, nuWill is better than Patton. There's room for improvement but I'll cut him some slack in his early scenes. Mia has turned into full bitch mode.

I liked seeing Bo and Carly have a small amount of happiness in this episode. I was glad that Caroline said she can't throw stones and it was a good reminder of her affair with Victor.

Vivian and her hair comments were funny.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Nu-Will is so much better and actually kind of cute. And today was the first time I've liked Mia in a long time. She is so much interesting as a manipulative bitch. Also it was great to see Caroline today. And I'm glad we saw her first visiting Maggie.

Oh and nice touch with Hope calling Adrienne.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Carly's convo with Melanie was great, I like Carly being the mother hen.

Bo speaking to Ciarra via the computer was just sad. Who leaves a child with a computer alone?

I'm really wondering if Justin even has a penis.

Vivian has been great. I'm thinking she's going to try to poison Melanie, it looks like she has one of those poison despensing rings.

Poor Stephanie, Nathan's an ass with his wishy washyness. Even so, the way Steph looks at him like he's the best thing since canned beer makes me intrigued with him.

I got a kick out of Kinsey.

There's something off about the kid playing NuWill. Maybe Will is going to become stalker crazy and that's why they did the recast. He has better line deliver but Dylan's eyes were more expressive. Still too soon to tell.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great ending with Hope assuming Bo is the father of Carly's baby. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It was great seeing Caroline again. I wish we had gotten to see her be there for Maggie after Mickey's death...

I'm really starting to dig Bo and Carly and I can see them as a legit couple. I loved how Bo greeted Carly with a kiss at the beginning, like it was normal. He's still married! Yet it did feel normal and not a bad thing. If they weren't sacrificing Hope's character for Bo and Carly, this would be a great triangle. Unfortunately, Hope is being destroyed and that's really surprising. Usually, the end game couple (or what we think is the end game couple being Bo and Hope) are written normally, while the interloper is usually destroyed. That's not the case here.

I am glad that Bo reminded Caroline that it was Hope who walked out on him. It just sucks that he has to keep telling people this. They should know it! Don't put blinders on, people!

I can't tell you how much more enjoyable Carly and Melanie's scenes are now that they no longer feel forced with Melanie being a total bitch to Carly for no apparent reason other than to have her hate the woman that's about to be revealed as her mother because it creates "more drama." This is how I wanted them to be from the beginning. Now, once Melanie finds out that Carly is her mother and gave her up, forcing her to live with Trent as a father, it's going to come off more natural as Melanie really begins to hate Carly for real reasons other than spilled coffee.

I thought it was hilarious how they had everyone making mention of Vivian's hair. :lol:

I liked Mia today. No, let me correct that. I loved Mia today! Keep writing this character as a scheming bitch because Taylor Spreitler does much better with this type of material.

I wasn't impressed with Chandler Massey's first day as Will. I'm just going to say that it's his first day and I'll hold off judgement until I've seen him more and he can comfortable with the role, but I wasn't impressed. I saw no improvement in the role from Dylan Patton. The character is still a boring whimp, but hopefully the storyline will change the character into a more interesting one.

Tad and Kinsey are love. :wub:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Feb 1 2010, 06:37 PM
Great ending with Hope assuming Bo is the father of Carly's baby. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.
I definitely agree! It would be an obvious assumption. We all thought the same thing! :lol:

The only thing I would've done differently was to have Hope actually state her beliefs that Bo was the father. That would've been an even better cliffhanger since we still don't know who the father is. We all have our obvious presumptions, but the offline world would be freaking out had Hope stated her assumptions at the end of the episode. Still good though.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Feb 1 2010, 06:42 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Poor Ciara, getting an eyeful, today; although I wondered why she was doing an online visit when she and Bo are in the same town, and Bo didn't have anything to do, besides hang out with Carly.

I should like Mia's new personality, but it's so unbelievable. TS seems to be a fun, outgoing, person, based on her clip in the dance video, and things she says on twtter. Imo, letting Mia take on some of that personality would be more enjoyable to watch. I have a hard time buying that Mia has a dark side, at all.

It's about time Hope figured out Carly's secret. This should be good. It was also nice that they had Maggie spending time with Caroline and Ciara. The show should keep up these sorts of connections.
Edited by six, Feb 1 2010, 06:54 PM.

AlisonLou

Yes it's all good. Except for Justin. The guys an ass. When is he going to realise Hope doesn't love him and has no intrest in in him other then friendship? After reading prevuze
Spoiler: click to toggle

KA said Justin isn't a love interest. We'll tomorrow's epi contradicts that. These actors or actresses interviews are terrible! What the actors or actresses are saying is contradicting what we are seeing on screen. Crystal's interviews have been the same. She said Bo and Carly weren't going to be together and now they seem to be together and now we have KA saying Justin isn't a love interest but on screen it appears he obviously is.

The writing is not great for this sl. I'm finding it hard to like this storyline because the characters are being written so out of character that it's ruining the storyline. This sl is getting to the point where it's starting to make no sense.

I hate the way they are writing Justin. I wonder if the writers are enjoying destroying his character. His character deserves better writing.
Edited by AlisonLou, Feb 1 2010, 07:19 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Today was B.O.R.I.N.G. I did kind of like Melanie and Carly, but other than that it was blah!

Kenny
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Feb 1 2010, 07:19 PM
KA said Justin isn't a love interest. We'll tomorrow's epi contradicts that. These actors or actresses interviews are terrible! What the actors or actresses are saying is contradicting what we are seeing on screen.
Maybe they're taping so far ahead that the actors and actresses simply don't remember the stuff that's currently airing well enough to give a sensible recap.

karmakatch63

Kenny
Feb 1 2010, 07:22 PM
AlisonLou
Feb 1 2010, 07:19 PM
KA said Justin isn't a love interest. We'll tomorrow's epi contradicts that. These actors or actresses interviews are terrible! What the actors or actresses are saying is contradicting what we are seeing on screen.
Maybe they're taping so far ahead that the actors and actresses simply don't remember the stuff that's currently airing well enough to give a sensible recap.
Or maybe they are spinning for the show. The show wants fanbases to hear what they want to hear. Supposedly, JS has told Ejami fans they were the endgame...two years ago. Supposedly BD told his fans there was a big Lucas story coming. CC was told she and Bo would not be involved.

Writers write. Actors do and say what the show tells them to...and I believe often it is not accurate.....whether or not the actors know is a moot point. They work for the show and they say what the show wants them to say.

AlisonLou

Well whatever it is it's confusing. And it needs to stop. What's the point of Actors or Actresses commenting on sl's if they don't really know what's going on in the sls that are airing? I'd rather they not say anything then say stuff that is or isn't true.

nanasmiles

I thought the door on the bedroom where Bo and Carly had sex was a hotel room. The door had a hotel rule plaque on it. Normal bedrooms don't. And the furniture was different.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I loved all the Justin scenes today.

I loved his scenes with his niece Stephanie. THose werer sweet scenes. I'm glad the show realized that these two are family. I hope we get more scenes together.

Of course loved the Justin/Hope. I like that he confronted her about her call to Adrienne that was interesting. I just wonder if it will lead to something more for Justin and Hope? Should be interesting. I can buy these two as a couple if the writers give them a chance. Despite what some say, I think that Justin is a legit love interest for Hope and any other women on the show. I know what KA said about Justin and Hope, but things do change. So we'll see.

I'm glad that Hope has found out about Carly's secret. Look forward to seeing how that plays out.

The Bo/Carly scenes actually didn't bug me as much, but I still do not like them as a couple. I just see good friends. CC and Peter are excellent actors and it's just nice to those two and KA and WK all front and center in a story.

I hate all the teens. Mia is a real bitch and just needs to leave and take Will with her.

Hated the Carly/Melanie scenes- because of Melanie. I just can't understand the appeal of this character. And the actress just gets on my last nerve. I still don't buy them as mother and daughter. The only good thing is that she didn't have her bitchy side showing with Carly, but still the character just needs to go away.

I loved seeing Caroline. I enjoyed her scenes with Bo. She had some great things to say to him, but I understand Bo's frustration about the situation.

It was good to see Ciara- look forward to seeing her "little evil side" lol.

Everyone being concerned about Vivan's hair today was hilarious. Yes, her hair is hideous it does need help lol.

I enjoyed today for the most part- despite my loathsomeness for some of the characters that were on.

AlisonLou

Quote:

I thought the door on the bedroom where Bo and Carly had sex was a hotel room. The door had a hotel rule plaque on it. Normal bedrooms don't. And the furniture was different.

They were in Carly's room in the Salem Inn. Your not the only one that thought it was Bo and Hope's room. Lots of other people thought the same thing. The writers should have had one of them mention it was Carly's room.
Edited by AlisonLou, Feb 1 2010, 08:33 PM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I am really starting to hate this show.

I love Vivan , but I am offically bored with her plotting.

I find it un-natural that Hope would give a CRAP what Viv had instore for Carly. I would just quietly root for the witch to finish Carly off once and for all.

I like Caroline telling Bo off. He is selfish, and from the sound of his dialogue this is just revenge sex he is having with Carly. There is no love there. So he is a creep all the way around.

Melanie just makes me sick. I just hate her. The girl is suppose to be a grown woman, a young woman, but acts like a simple minded toddler. I just can not stand listening to a woman talk and act like that. Just revolting.

This teen crowd is some of the most uncool teens I think the show has ever had. Aside from some of the serious bad acting there are some truly crappy sls. Olympics...bah! I would take the island adventure that Shelle and the gang had anyday over this crap. And why do all of these guys wear their hair like they are fucking Hobbits? Frodo called, he wants his look back.

This show needs to step up the damn pace. I think soaps are dying because ppl are just tired of the wait. A little is fine, but not this not stop dragging affair. At least in the old DAYS as the storyline dragged there were twists that were amusing to watch, and dialogue you could listen too. This dialogue is so often HORRIBLE.

Example: NUWill came on the screen in the scenes with Maggie. I was very luke warm to him. I mean already he is better then the last guy, but still something was off. Then as I listened I realized that the guy was struggling with some really crappy dialogue. It was just plain awkward.

He was so much better in the scenes with Mia.

The show was pretty much a waste....At least I got a chuckle out of Viv thinking everyone was obsessing about her hair. lol.....Oh, and I liked Hope pointing out Carly's damsel in distress complex. I got a chuckle out of that too.
Edited by Red Mist, Feb 1 2010, 08:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply