Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gilmore Girls
Topic Started: Feb 2 2010, 05:48 PM (2,691 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Oh my God. Every episode of this season should just be renamed "Logan Saves the Day, Part (Insert Number)". Enough already! This character actually makes me miss Dean and Jess!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Watching Season 7....I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer Lorelai with Christopher as opposed to Luke (although I do like her with Luke, as well)....but I can't even enjoy them being together knowing that there's no way the writers aren't going to go the predictable route and end the series with Lorelai and Luke being endgame.

Meanwhile, I still hate Logan with the fire of a thousand suns.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 5 2012, 03:07 PM
Watching Season 7....I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer Lorelai with Christopher as opposed to Luke (although I do like her with Luke, as well)....but I can't even enjoy them being together knowing that there's no way the writers aren't going to go the predictable route and end the series with Lorelai and Luke being endgame.

Meanwhile, I still hate Logan with the fire of a thousand suns.
Totally with you there, expecially with my hatred for Logan. I do enjoy the actor on The Good Wife, though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I didn't care for the series finale at all. Too self-indulgent on the part of the writers, I think. Too much "Rory is the greatest thing ever!" (I mean, that big party all for Rory? Really?) and "Luke and Lorelai are made for each other!" dialogue. The show, at its best, was more sophisticated than that. And Richard and Emily were practically treated as an afterthought.

But at least Rory and Logan didn't end up together -- a major bright spot right there.

Helpless Romantic

Mason
Feb 17 2012, 02:45 PM
I didn't care for the series finale at all. Too self-indulgent on the part of the writers, I think. Too much "Rory is the greatest thing ever!" (I mean, that big party all for Rory? Really?) and "Luke and Lorelai are made for each other!" dialogue. The show, at its best, was more sophisticated than that. And Richard and Emily were practically treated as an afterthought.

But at least Rory and Logan didn't end up together -- a major bright spot right there.
The last episode I watched Luke was still with Lorelai but am not sure who she ended up with?

Mason
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Feb 17 2012, 04:34 PM
Mason
Feb 17 2012, 02:45 PM
I didn't care for the series finale at all. Way too self-indulgent on the part of the writers.

The last episode I watched Luke was still with Lorelai but am not sure who she ended up with?
It was Luke, in the end (which wouldn't have been my preference, but I digress).

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 27 2011, 11:30 AM
Oh my God. Every episode of this season should just be renamed "Logan Saves the Day, Part (Insert Number)". Enough already! This character actually makes me miss Dean and Jess!
I never understood why there wasn't more Marty.

Mason
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Feb 17 2012, 04:48 PM
Mason
Jun 27 2011, 11:30 AM
I never understood why there wasn't more Marty.
Right? I don't get it either. Alexis Bledel had chemistry with that actor (unlike some of her actual love interests), and he was the kind of guy that I could actually see Rory being interested in.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

LOVE Gilmore Girls

Liked Rory & Lorelai but LOVED Liza Weil as Paris Gellar the most.

I liked Rory & Jess together, & Lorelai & Luke.

I DIDN'T like the 7th & final season or how it ended.

Posted Image

"This gr8 man wasn't brought down by my vagina, okay?" :lol: :lol: Paris cracks me up
Edited by DaveBedford, Feb 25 2012, 04:39 PM.

DaveBedford

LOVE this scene starting @ 0:51 bc of Rory's tantrum LMAO

"Huh, what's up quippy!? why so silent!?" :lol:

"For the last time, The name IS RORY!!" :lol:

Mason
Member Avatar

Speaking of that scene, I've always liked Chad Michael Murray as Tristan. The character was like Logan....except he was actually likable. And he had great chemistry with Alexis Bledel. I don't know if CMM chose to leave or if it was the writers' decision, but it's a shame he didn't stick around longer.

DaveBedford

Lorelai's rant: Where did all the anvils go?

Lorelai: It evidently made a anvil shaped impression on Wiley E Coyote's head.
Emily: Is that a cartoon?
Lorelai: No, no. This happened to me the other day, I was walking down the street & this giant anvil...Yes mother, it's a cartoon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaveBedford

Mason
Feb 25 2012, 04:57 PM
Speaking of that scene, I've always liked Chad Michael Murray as Tristan. The character was like Logan....except he was actually likable. And he had great chemistry with Alexis Bledel. I don't know if CMM chose to leave or if it was the writers' decision, but it's a shame he didn't stick around longer.
I think part of it was that he got the role of Lucas on One Tree Hill

Mason
Member Avatar

DaveB_01
Feb 25 2012, 05:12 PM
Mason
Feb 25 2012, 04:57 PM
I think part of it was that he got the role of Lucas on One Tree Hill
But that was in 2001...nearly two years before One Tree Hill began. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it just seems very early.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I was disappointed they never did anything with Rory and Marty.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Feb 26 2012, 03:34 PM
I was disappointed they never did anything with Rory and Marty.
Initially yes. But when he returned as The Girl from Apartment 23's bf and pretended he never knew Rory, then I'm quite glad they never went there.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

All you GG fans should check out Bunheads, Amy Sherman Palladino's new show - its really triggers GG nostalgia (for me at least).

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love Bunheads.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

My absolute favorite relationship on this show, is the one Lorelai has with her mother Emily. So amazing! One of my favorite scenes- ever, is from the episode Friday Night's Alright For Fighting. That big dinner scene where it ALL comes out, lol!

I loved Rory & Dean as a couple and then later as friends, and also loved Rory & Logan. Lorelai & Luke- never could see why practical everyone wanted them as a couple. Really BORING!
Edited by Oak Alley, Jan 20 2013, 08:06 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Aug 9 2012, 06:06 PM
I love Bunheads.
I want to like it, but I just don't think Sutton Foster is watchable.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply