Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Interview with Drake Hogestyn
Topic Started: Feb 3 2010, 03:35 PM (8,322 Views)
Daysnet Australia
Member Avatar

I was only thinking . What is Drake doing now? . at the beginning of this week and suddenly there's an article on him. Weird.
Kris
Days Network Australia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VetsRock
Member Avatar

DOOL1965
Feb 6 2010, 12:12 AM
Taelyn
Feb 5 2010, 12:07 AM
I can see lots of story angles for John and Marlena, and they dont have to be huge Fantasy plots. Ive always said that Brady needs more of his fathers edge, John could be a huge influence in that area, Using his wits instead of always his brawn (Although I would enjoy some romance between Jarlena) I dont have a problem with over 40 passion if done in good taste.
Marlena could maybe deal with a Breast, or Ovarian Cancer scare (As mentioned earlier)..She could interact with Vivian, and Kate, and Maggie and even Caroline now and then, They could deal with real life issues... Terrorism, Mother Nature ..Births, marriages, all kinds of things, What they would definately do is bring an element of History, Story potential.. and Elegance that right now the soap lacks.

Id fully support a return on any level.
All for John and Marlena to return. I like your thoughts.
I Love it too,I would come back to Days
Bring on J&M/D&D returns and the other Vets with upfront storys and back burn Sami saga and the teens to the end of Days

IIttu
Member Avatar

I loved this interview. Lol, have to admit I got also a bit tear-eyed. And I agree here with the others; real storylines -just like the cancer example- would be great, as long as they were written well (remember Kate's lugn cancer? And Lauren's always so perfect make-up & hairdo?). Because DHs know how to do it. Why on earth Days never hire ordinary people to write for the show? Fans know what they want to see, and they have the best ideas.

It's been a year since the super couple massacre. I haven't been watching since J&M's left but luckily they're still on-screen here in Finland. It still amazes me why Days think they can get/reach younger audience with half-naked youger cast jumping from a bed to another. I'm a high school student, and maybe it's just me, but if I want to see bare skin, there most likely is a lot better shows to come up with. In this world full of divorcing people I'd like to see a permanent, mature love story. And that's the reason I love the vet couples so much. And yes, especially J&M, though the writers did their best to disgrace their amazing history.

Okay, now I'm getting a bit off-the-topic but.. When I heard Ms Reid had passed away, I naturally watched a lot of old clips on Youtube. The show used to be so good, based on friendships and family- and the most important, on love. Now that Ms Reid/Alice is gone, I really can't see Suzanne/Maggie being a new matriarch since she doesn't look like an elder woman. Days really don't have any older cast, or at least cast that would look like their age. Plastic surgeries are so common these days, and who can blame the actors, after all, Hollywood has an enormous pressure and desire to stay forever young. Alice felt me like a third granny because she looked like a one and she behaved like a one. For me Days passed away same day as Frances Reid.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Feb 3 2010, 04:12 PM
Ok, I finished it now, and I don't even know where to start. That really was a very interesting interview--candid but without an air of sour grapes and informative without sounding like he was just gossiping with an agenda. I thought the part about how he sees the J & M chemistry in the fan montages was really sweet. Just a really good read all the way around.
I agree with this completely. Very classy interview - honest and upfront, and not a tinge of bitterness.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
Feb 5 2010, 12:07 AM
I can see lots of story angles for John and Marlena, and they dont have to be huge Fantasy plots. Ive always said that Brady needs more of his fathers edge, John could be a huge influence in that area, Using his wits instead of always his brawn (Although I would enjoy some romance between Jarlena) I dont have a problem with over 40 passion if done in good taste.
Marlena could maybe deal with a Breast, or Ovarian Cancer scare (As mentioned earlier)..She could interact with Vivian, and Kate, and Maggie and even Caroline now and then, They could deal with real life issues... Terrorism, Mother Nature ..Births, marriages, all kinds of things, What they would definately do is bring an element of History, Story potential.. and Elegance that right now the soap lacks.

Id fully support a return on any level.
Very true.

John and Marlena were naturally positioned to become the patriarch/matriarch of the show - and just about every time there is a need for a big cast event (a holiday,wedding,funeral, etc) their absence is felt and so awkward. It's a shame they won't find a way to bring them back in supporting roles - it would be so easy to do.

hops
Member Avatar

IIttu
Feb 6 2010, 05:32 PM
I loved this interview. Lol, have to admit I got also a bit tear-eyed. And I agree here with the others; real storylines -just like the cancer example- would be great, as long as they were written well (remember Kate's lugn cancer? And Lauren's always so perfect make-up & hairdo?). Because DHs know how to do it. Why on earth Days never hire ordinary people to write for the show? Fans know what they want to see, and they have the best ideas.

It's been a year since the super couple massacre. I haven't been watching since J&M's left but luckily they're still on-screen here in Finland. It still amazes me why Days think they can get/reach younger audience with half-naked youger cast jumping from a bed to another. I'm a high school student, and maybe it's just me, but if I want to see bare skin, there most likely is a lot better shows to come up with. In this world full of divorcing people I'd like to see a permanent, mature love story. And that's the reason I love the vet couples so much. And yes, especially J&M, though the writers did their best to disgrace their amazing history.
Just watched your 'trailers' on youtube for the J&M Affair and NuJohn and Blondie. Wahhhh, I want them back!!! Your vids made me miss them again, and remember why I loved (love) them so much!

designergirl777
Member Avatar

hops
Feb 7 2010, 08:58 PM
IIttu
Feb 6 2010, 05:32 PM

Just watched your 'trailers' on youtube for the J&M Affair and NuJohn and Blondie. Wahhhh, I want them back!!! Your vids made me miss them again, and remember why I loved (love) them so much!
I once again agree Hanna...those videos rocked. Thanks also for giving me the name of the songs used. I downloaded Requiem today. :)

Taelyn

dc cubs
Feb 3 2010, 04:15 PM
Great interview. I was never a big John fan but I always thought Drake was a good guy. He has a great attitude and it would be easy for him to be bitter but he's not. Drake is very appreciative of the time he got to spend on Days. I was shocked when he said he offered to go back to his 1986 salary.

I did notice on the question about rumors that Drake didn't get along with Corday and Hall that he only mentioned Corday. Not talking about Hall says it all without putting it into words.

So now we know why Aniston got the shaft from JER. Not surprising there.
I have to disagree and suggest you missed something and not just focus on that one section of te question, If you know anything about Drake he loves to talk and rarely stays on Topic for long, often switching topics back and forth.
He says how He and DEE always had eachothers back, That He and DEE were REAL, Loves watching the Montages and how it really captured them,and commented several times on His and DEE's amazing chemistry. :makeout:
He spoke of her several times and always as DEE not Marlena, And everything he said was sweet and made me teary.

Especially the question about if it was still hard and he said
"Yes Cuz I still wake up at 4:45 am and have nowhere to go"

He can come to My House ** :wub:
Edited by Taelyn, Feb 12 2010, 12:06 AM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I really miss Drake.I was not a huge Marlena fan,I liked her,but John was my fave.I just really miss him..thanks for posting

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply