Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Frances Reid Has Passed Away...
Topic Started: Feb 3 2010, 11:23 PM (25,627 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

I just heard....it is indeed true! :(

She passed away a few hours ago....just spoke to a PR rep and he heard from a DAYS producer about it. They were supposed to do a special tribute to her in conjuction with the 40th anniversary.

She will be missed. She was 96.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

So very sad. May she rest in peace. Alice was like everyone's second grandmother.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's true.

I can't believe it but it's true.

I'm such a mess right now. This one hurts. Real bad.

DOOLFan85

NavJLee8785
Feb 3 2010, 11:43 PM

She passed away a few hours ago....just spoke to a PR rep and he heard from a DAYS producer about it. They were supposed to do a special tribute to her in conjuction with the 40th anniversary.

I never had a grandmother and watching Frances do the Alice Horton gave me comfort. I'm gonna miss her so much.
Thanks for reporting. :'(

Mirage75
Member Avatar

This is so sad. :( I can't believe "Alice Horton" is gone. Francis Reid will be dearly missed. They better do a huge tribute for her. What a great lose.

Taelyn

We all new it was coming , but somehow your just never prepared. RIP Lovely Lady, and thankyou for the years of Joy and laughter and amazing memories.

I can only hope they will do her passing justice on the show.. They can even tie it in with Mickey's death
But I really really hope they dont spare any cost for this amazing Icon of the show.
Bring back any and everyone who is willing and available.. some may even come for little compensation just to do her exit justice.
Edited by Taelyn, Feb 4 2010, 12:09 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

No words....may she have peace!

DAYS...dont fuck this up....SHE IS, WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE DAYS!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Oh bless that woman's dear heart. My TV grandma and the grand dame. You will be missed.

Kenny
Member Avatar

So it's been confirmed? :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

The writers better prepare one hell of a tribute episode or they will catch all kinds of hell from me.

soccerandtvgirl

NavJLee8785

:sheep: :omg: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( There are no words. TFP.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

So sad! <3
There better be a proper funeral, and may it take up the entire episode, if not two!

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

This is really sad news. Terrible news and stomach turning.

The show better indeed deliver a tribute of epic proportions. If anyone deserves it, it is Frances. God bless her.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

:(

RIP Frances. Poor thing held on for a very long time, but she lived a full life and brought joy to many over the years.

DAYS better be planning a damn good tribute show to Frances/Alice.

DOOLFan85

Kenny
Feb 3 2010, 11:49 PM
The writers better prepare one hell of a tribute episode or they will catch all kinds of hell from me.
Damn straight! If the writers ruin this fire all them at a drop of a dime.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

NavJLee8785

:'(

R.I.P. Frances.

Condolences to her real and DAYS family and to all of us fans who have loved her as our surrogate Gran all these years.

But just to clarify, do you mean they meant to do something for her in conjunction with the 45th anniversary?

And wasn't she 95?

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

There are no words. This is so incredibly sad. I'm speechless. Alice Horton was the heart and soul of Days Even when she wasn't on the show, her presence was felt. She was everyone's grandmother. I only knew one of my grandparents for a very brief time, but I always wanted a Gran like Alice. She wil be so sorely missed by all. RIP Frances. A true legend!!! May flights of angels, take you to your resting place of peace. Deepest condolences to all her family friends and Days colleagues. I hope the show gives her a truly fitting tribute episode.
Edited by MarvinPepper, Feb 3 2010, 11:53 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is one instance where the show can't mess up. I know there are some family members they can't bring back but the ones they need to bring back better be there.

I will lash out for sure if they mess this up. I'm way too emotionally attached to Alice Horton not to accept anything but the best.

Melissa Reeves should be phone call 31. I better send her some words of comfort on Twitter. She's going to be a mess. Frances meant the world to her.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

RIP Frances

You have been and will always be the heart of Days of Our Lives.

Kenny
Member Avatar

RIP Frances/Alice. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply