Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Frances Reid Has Passed Away...
Topic Started: Feb 3 2010, 11:23 PM (25,539 Views)
Taelyn

darraholic
Feb 17 2010, 01:04 AM
I've found alot of places & people that hated Jason Cook. And the reason I don't like him? He simply can't act IMO.
The only ones recently, or *mostly* I can find recently are Spixie fans, and ofcourse they have nothing nice to say because they worry about an M&M pairing.. Many hated him with out ever seeing him as Shawn or before he hit the screen they put up a huge protest ..Now look what they have done Maxie.Kirsten is ruined, She has been reduced to a childish joke... where she started out with spine, and fire , and Drama.... blechhhh
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

Kenny
Feb 17 2010, 01:15 AM
darraholic
I've found alot of places & people that hated Jason Cook. And the reason I don't like him? He simply can't act IMO.
Amen.

He was terrible, especially in emotional scenes. One of the worst actors I've ever had the misfortune of seeing, really.
I couldnt disagree more here are just a couple examples
Laughter and humor
Weekly undies (funny)

Angry
After the Cage

Shawn and tender moments with JT (lil brother)
Sweet Shawn and JT

Shawn upset over possobly losing JT and crying
Emotiona scene with Shawn

Angry again while on some pills that are supposed to hekp him relax..
Punches Belles wall or window over Larry Welch Saga.. several parts not inclded here..
This certainly is better than James scotts over acting

And ofcourse the sexy scenes with Shawn and Belle in the pond, and the snowman and the dance...
Really too many to count. He sertainly is better than 90% of what Days has now.
Edited by Taelyn, Feb 17 2010, 08:30 AM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

darraholic
And the reason I don't like him? He simply can't act IMO.
Yep.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Feb 17 2010, 07:45 AM
The only ones recently, or *mostly* I can find recently are Spixie fans, and ofcourse they have nothing nice to say because they worry about an M&M pairing.. Many hated him with out ever seeing him as Shawn or before he hit the screen they put up a huge protest ..Now look what they have done Maxie.Kirsten is ruined, She has been reduced to a childish joke... where she started out with spine, and fire , and Drama.... blechhhh
Um ok, maybe on the internet. For all you know the majority of the general DAYS viewing audience could have hated JC. Just because there are like 100 JC fans on the internet, that doesn't mean anything.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Feb 17 2010, 08:17 AM
This certainly is better than James scotts over acting
Where did that come from? No one was comparing Jason Cook and James Scott.

:huh1:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Why are we doing a body count of Jason Cook's fans? Either the show will bring him back or they won't. :drunk:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Prevuze II has the (very brief) "In Loving Memory" tribute to Frances (warning for those who avoid spoilers--the clip contains a bit of the last scene of Thursday's U.S. show):

http://prevuzepreviews.blogspot.com/

HJBJDJ

I had to do a double take on the thread title. How did a thread on the passing of Frances Reid get to be all about Jason Cook? :huh:

HJBJDJ

Paxton
Feb 17 2010, 12:04 PM
Prevuze II has the (very brief) "In Loving Memory" tribute to Frances (warning for those who avoid spoilers--the clip contains a bit of the last scene of Thursday's U.S. show):

Thanks!
Wow that was fast! I counted 5 seconds. Think they could have spared a few more for Frances and her 44 years. I wish they would have had the pictures larger. And don't really see the need for one with her and Mac. I think one larger pic of Frances with maybe a zooming in effect for the 5 seconds alotted would have been better. Shuffeling between the two pics in such a fast time doesn't give the serene moment of silence effect I was looking for.

At least they finally acknowledged it. But if this is how they acknowledge it, it makes me wary of how they will present Alice's death on screen.

Edited by HJBJDJ, Feb 17 2010, 12:18 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Paxton

TFP!

That was really lame though. It could have been longer.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ga68153
Feb 17 2010, 11:54 AM
Taelyn
Feb 17 2010, 07:45 AM
Um ok, maybe on the internet. For all you know the majority of the general DAYS viewing audience could have hated JC. Just because there are like 100 JC fans on the internet, that doesn't mean anything.
Tell me about it. I love how the number of youtube montages is supposed to prove anything LOL. Yes, you can use that show how many fans he has on the net but I, myself, have learned this past year that the net is only one part of this. Fans off the net/message board/etc are just as important, if not more, and have varying tastes.

But this has become way too much about Jason Cook LOL. Sorry about my adding to that, folks.

As for the tribute tomorrow, I'm fine with it. I figured it would be short. Those things always are. They took out the show's previews and replaced them with the tribute. That's enough for me for now. The thing they have to deliver on is the big on air tribute later on.

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Paxton

That was a little week...WTF? They didn't even give her dates or anything. Jeez..can't even manage to get 10 seconds of tape right.

Taelyn

Well I agree to change the topic, as its about Ms. Reid,, I only brought it up because of Cordays and others speculation about who they might bring back.. and it turned into an unwarranted bash Jason Cook fest.

That blip went by way too quickly should have been slower and with feeling.

Keith
Member Avatar

IMO, they should have chosen one picture - her and Tom or just her. The way they did it was just distracting.

JoeBucs32

Any update on who is returning for Alice's tribute??

Kenny
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Feb 25 2010, 11:15 PM
Any update on who is returning for Alice's tribute??
Not yet. When the information is released, we will be sure to post it here and on our Twitter account.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The new SOD has a section on Frances. Cast members share their favorite memories of her. There is comments from Ken Corday, Kristian Alfonso, Suzanne Rogers, Peter Reckell, Alison Sweeney, Jason Cook, Deidre Hall, Mary Beth Evans, Joe Mascolo, Shelley Hennig, Leann Hunley, and Lauren Koslow. It's pretty long.

There is also a part about how they are going to handle it on the show, but I don't think there is any new information.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I read it, Angie.

Some of the actors' comments were what was posted online with additions to them. It was quite the lengthy section.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Can you post it?

#1days
Member Avatar

I was so sad to hear about that. She was such a wonderful actress. She will be deeply missed. :'(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply