Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Wedding Mess & Carly Races to Save Melanie; February 16th Issues, article summaries
Topic Started: Feb 4 2010, 03:08 PM (6,470 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

SOD:Wedding Mess

Melanie’s wedding week doesn’t get off to a good start when a drunk Nathan nearly tells her that he loves her. “Melanie probably knows, but she also needs Nathan to say something and he doesn’t”, sighs Molly. “So because he doesn’t, she makes her choice.” Which is Phillip. But, during a chat with Vivian later, Melanie says she can’t marry him and he overhears. “It’s not just that she can’t get married because she doesn’t understand where her feelings are, but she’s also having a little pre-wedding freak-out,” says MB. “And she explains that to Phillip.” She says she doesn’t feel worthy of marrying him and he assures her that she is. So, she agrees to it.

Meanwhile, Carly has a chat with Kate, who tells her that she overheard Vivian talking about Carly and Melanie. Carly realizes that Vivian knows the truth about her daughter and heads to the Kiriakis mansion. “She goes to warn Melanie and winds up slipping on the ice,” previews Crystal. “She is taken to the hospital and she’s lost her short-term memory, so she is trying to figure out why she was even at Victor’s.”

Back at the Kiriakis mansion, Vivian keeps Melanie close. Molly says, “Vivian gets Melanie drunk so she has to stay over. And then she gives her a gift.” It’s a comb. “Vivian has this poisoned comb and she plans to poison Melanie by it sort of seeping out,” explains Louise. “It’s supposed to be some piece from her grandmother’s trunk or something. Of course, Melanie thinks it’s fabulous, but it’s a $5 comb from Marshalls.”

At the hospital, Carly remembers why she was at the mansion and sneaks out to head back. “She’s getting ready to warn Melanie when Vivian’s cute right-hand guy Gus chloroforms her and takes her prisoner,” says CC. Gus takes Carly to a dark basement, where Vivian, via camera, reveals her plan for Carly and her daughter. “Vivian has set up this very extravagant plot to make Carly watch Vivian kill her daughter via the internet,” reveals Crystal. “She doesn’t quite understand what Vivian is trying to do. It has something to do with a comb, and at this point, she doesn’t really know what’s going on. Carly is devastated.”

While all of this is going on, Melanie gets a call from Maggie, who says she won’t be able to make it to the wedding. “Melanie is heartbroken,” notes Molly, which prompts her to write a letter to Nathan. “Melanie is young and she’s stupid,” observes MB. “She is in love with Phillip, but in the back of her head, her love for Phillip was really hurt when everything happened with Stephanie, so she’s wondering if that’s going to happen again and if Nathan would do that to her. So, she writes him a letter – because everyone freaks out before their wedding – and she says, ‘If you have feelings for me, please tell me right now.’” Mel gives the letter to Stephanie to deliver to Nathan. Bad move. Curiosity gets the best of Steph and she reads it. “She throws it away, that bitch!” exclaims MB.

Hope enters the picture when she figures out that Carly’s daughter is Melanie and realizes that Vivian has something nefarious planned for the teen. She leaves a message for Bo, then runs into Victor at the Brady Pub. The two chat, then after, “He leaves, but also leaves a bag behind, and just as she sees the bag and yells for him, the door shuts. So, she opens up the bag and there’s a receipt in there from the store, and from the receipt, she realizes that he’s going to replace the poisoned comb,” says Kristian.

But was he successful? Vivian helps Melanie get ready and puts the comb in her hair. From captivity, a worried Carly looks on. Melanie suddenly passes out. “Melanie is feeling woozy because she’s about to get married and she’s freaking out," clarifies Molly. So, when she comes to, she takes Brady’s arm and heads down the aisle, where Abe performs the ceremony in which she becomes Mrs. Phillip Kiriakis.

Back in the basement, Carly overpowers Gus and forces him to call Vivian. “Carly tricks Vivian into coming over and then the two of them square off, and the next thing you know, Carly has her hands around Vivian’s neck. It gets ugly," says CC. And then Hope shows up. “She calms Carly down and says that Victor switched the combs and Melanie wasn’t poisoned and she’s fine. At that point, Gus wakes up and pushes a bunch of heavy crates onto the two women, Hope and Carly.”

Continues Sorel, “Carly’s head is spinning, Hope is knocked out and then Vivian says to Carly, ‘Well, I have to get another gift for the bride. My first gift didn’t turn out. I’ll save some cake for you..’” After Vivian leaves, Carly is able to free herself. She grabs Hope’s gun and races out. “It Carly’s worst nightmare,” says CC.

SOW:Carly Races To Save Melanie From Vivian

Vivian implements he plan to kill Melanie, but Carly is on her heels and determined to stop her.

Carly realizes that Vivian has figured out that Melanie is her daughter after a talk with Kate. Kate tells her that Vivian has be fishing for information about Melanie. Carly knows that she has to tell Melanie the truth about being her mother and warn her about Vivian.

Carly heads to the Kiriakis mansion to find Melanie, but falls on the ice and hits her head. Victor finds her and calls for help. Carly is unconscious and sent to the hospital. When she wakes up, Bo is there and she asks him what happened and why she was at Victor’s house. She doesn’t remember.

Soon, Carly recalls her talk with Kate and why she was at the mansion. She calls Bo, but can’t reach him. Carly takes matters into her own hands. She tries to go back to the mansion, but ends up kidnapped by Gus. He chloroforms her and takes her to a wharehouse.

When Carly regains consciousness, Vivian, via a laptop, reveals her plan to kill Melanie at her wedding. Then, she puts on a show for Carly. She sees Vivian placing a comb in Melanie’s hair, but doesn’t know that the comb is poisoned or what is going on.

She is determined to get free and save her daughter. “Carly ends up struggling with Gus and manages to overpower him, get him knocked out,” says CC. “Then instead of running out and finding Melanie, Carly decides to trick Vivian into coming to the warehouse. She uses Gus’ phone to text her.”

Vivian arrives to find Carly, and they have it out. “Carly tells Vivian it’s over; she’ll kill her before she lets her hurt her child, “ notes CC. “That’s when Vivian explains the comb was poisoned. Carly realizes what Vivian’s plan is and tries to strangle her.”

However, Hope shows up and tells Vivian she’s wrong; Victor figured out her plan and switched the comb. Hope arrests Vivian. Just when it seems like the tide had turned in Carly’s favor, Gus wakes up and pushes a bunch of crates on top of Hope and Carly.

“Carly and Hope are trapped,” notes Crystal. “But Vivian’s able to escape. As she’s leaving, she tells Carly she’s going back to kill her daughter.”

A panicked Carly struggles to free herself and get to Melanie before can hurt her. “Carly will do anything to protect her daughter,” says CC.

And Vivian’s about to find out just how far she’ll go.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Quote:

Meanwhile, Carly has a chat with Kate, who blabs that she overheard Vivian talking about Carly and Melanie. Carly realizes that Vivian knows the truth about her daughter and heads to the Kiriakis mansion. “She goes to warn Melanie and winds up slipping on the ice,” previews Crystal. “She is taken to the hospital and she’s lost her short-term memory, so she is trying to figure out why she was even at Victor’s.”

Stupid.

Quote:

Back at the manse, Vivian keeps Melanie close. Molly says, “Vivian gets Melanie drunk so she has to stay over. And then she gives her a gift.” It’s a comb. “Vivian has this poisoned comb and she plans to poison Melanie by it sort of seeping out,” explains Louise. “It’s supposed to be some piece from her grandmother’s trunk or something. Of course, Melanie thinks it’s fabulous, but it’s a $5 comb from Marshalls.”

Stupid.

Quote:

At the hospital, Carly remembers why she was at the mansion and sneaks out to head back. “She’s getting ready to warn Melanie when Vivian’s cute right-hand guy Gus chloroforms her and takes her prisoner,” says CC. Gus takes Carly to a dark basement, where Vivian, via camera, reveals her plan for Carly and her daughter. “Vivian has set up this very extravagant plot to make Carly watch Vivian kill her daughter via the interent,” reveals Crystal. “She doesn’t quite understand what Vivian is trying to do. It has something to do with a comb, and at this point, she doesn’t really know what’s going on. Carly is devastated.

Back in the basement, Carly overpowers Gus and forces him to call Vivian. “Carly tricks Vivian into coming over and then the two of them square off, and the next thing you know, Carly has her hands around Vivian’s neck. It gets ugly, “ says CC. And then Hope shows up. “She calms Carly down and says that Victor switched the combs and Melanie wasn’t poisoned and she’s fine. At that point, Gus wakes up and pushes a bunch of heavy crates onto the two women, Hope and Carly.”

Finally! Something that sounds GOOD!
Edited by Mason, Feb 4 2010, 03:10 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Angie79
Feb 4 2010, 03:08 PM
Of course, Melanie thinks it’s fabulous, but it’s a $5 comb from Marshalls.”

:laugh:

Quote:

Hope enters the picture when she figures out that Carly’s daughter is Melanie and realizes that Vivian has something nefarious planned for the teen.

So Philip is marrying a teen? LOL, this should be called Days of our Mormon Lives.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Abe performs the ceremony in which she becomes Mrs. Phillip Kiriakis.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Also, Abe is the officiant? Huh? Is Father Matt too busy researching the theological bases for his stance that it's totally okay to end your marriage as long as you really really love someone else and you sort of half-heartedly tried to keep your marriage going?

There's a lot of action here, and ordinarily I would be interested, but knowing that Melanie won't die saps all my will to watch, not to mention my will to live. I really hate that once again Stephanie will end up being thrown under the bus for reading and throwing away the letter to Nathan when Melanie never should have trusted her with it in the first place. As I believe Stephanie once pointed out a long time ago, it was unreasonable for Melanie to ever think they were friends, going back to when Melanie tried to frame her for murder.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

“She goes to warn Melanie and winds up slipping on the ice,” previews Crystal. “She is taken to the hospital and she’s lost her short-term memory, so she is trying to figure out why she was even at Victor’s.”
How contrived.
Quote:

“Vivian gets Melanie drunk so she has to stay over. And then she gives her a gift.” It’s a comb. “Vivian has this poisoned comb and she plans to poison Melanie by it sort of seeping out,” explains Louise. “It’s supposed to be some piece from her grandmother’s trunk or something. Of course, Melanie thinks it’s fabulous, but it’s a $5 comb from Marshalls.”
A poisoned comb? That's kind of silly.
Quote:

At the hospital, Carly remembers why she was at the mansion and sneaks out to head back. “She’s getting ready to warn Melanie when Vivian’s cute right-hand guy Gus chloroforms her and takes her prisoner,” says CC. Gus takes Carly to a dark basement, where Vivian, via camera, reveals her plan for Carly and her daughter. “Vivian has set up this very extravagant plot to make Carly watch Vivian kill her daughter via the internet,” reveals Crystal. “She doesn’t quite understand what Vivian is trying to do. It has something to do with a comb, and at this point, she doesn’t really know what’s going on. Carly is devastated.”

While all of this is happening, Melanie gets a call from Maggie, who says she won’t be able to make it to the wedding. “Melanie is heartbroken,” notes Molly, which prompts her to write a letter to Nathan. “Melanie is young and she’s stupid,” observes MB. “She is in love with Phillip, but in the back of her head, her love for Phillip was really hurt when everything happened with Stephanie, so she’s wondering if that’s going to happen again and if Nathan would do that to her. So, she writes him a letter – because everyone freaks out before their wedding – and she says, ‘If you have feelings for me, please tell me right now.’” Mel gives the letter to Stephanie to deliver to Nathan. Bad move. Curiosity gets the best of Steph and she reads it. “She throws it away, that bitch!” exclaims MB.

Hope enters the picture when she figures out that Carly’s daughter is Melanie and realizes that Vivian has something nefarious planned for the teen. She leaves a message for Bo, then runs into Victor at the Brady Pub. The two make small talk, then after, “He leaves, but also leaves a bag behind, and just as she sees the bag and yells for him, the door shuts. So, she opens up the bag and there’s a receipt in there from the store, and from the receipt, she realizes that he’s going to replace the poisoned comb,” says Kristian.

But was he successful? Vivian helps Melanie get ready and puts the comb in her hair. From captivity, a worried Carly looks on. Melanie suddenly passes out. “Melanie is feeling woozy because she’s about to get married and she’s freaking out," clarifies Molly. So, when she comes to, she takes Brady’s arm and heads down the aisle, where Abe performs the ceremony in which she becomes Mrs. Phillip Kiriakis.

Back in the basement, Carly overpowers Gus and forces him to call Vivian. “Carly tricks Vivian into coming over and then the two of them square off, and the next thing you know, Carly has her hands around Vivian’s neck. It gets ugly," says CC. And then Hope shows up. “She calms Carly down and says that Victor switched the combs and Melanie wasn’t poisoned and she’s fine. At that point, Gus wakes up and pushes a bunch of heavy crates onto the two women, Hope and Carly.”

Continues Sorel, “Carly’s head is spinning, Hope is knocked out and then Vivian says to Carly, ‘Well, I have to get another gift for the bride. My first gift didn’t turn out. I’ll save some cake for you..’” After Vivian leaves, Carly is able to free herself. She grabs Hope’s gun and races out. “It Carly’s worst nightmare,” says CC.
Now THIS... sounds good.

Thanks Angie!

Eric83
Member Avatar

It's sad that the only way Abe can get airtime is to be the officiant at the wedding for this shitty couple.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

My guess is the wedding is at the Kiriakis mansion and Abe is the officiator because Phillip is divorced. Technically he can't get married in the church again.

Yes, some of this does sound contrived like Carly's short term memory loss. I remember reading that Bo would have to choose between saving Hope or Carly. Is that the instance when they are both trapped under the rocks. I didn't see any mention of Bo.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to Hope and Carly being trapped together. This all sounds good, minus the Carly losing her short term memory for a bit. Oh and I love that Stephanie throws out the letter, finally something to make her more interesting.

Paxton
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Feb 4 2010, 03:22 PM
My guess is the wedding is at the Kiriakis mansion and Abe is the officiator because Phillip is divorced. Technically he can't get married in the church again.

Since this show hardly concerns itself with trivial matters like the Catholic church's position on remarrying, I for one would prefer it if they'd just say that neither Philip nor Melanie is Catholic or that they didn't want a religious ceremony. Obviously Nicole was allowed to get married in church despite a checkered marital past that included two marriages that supposedly ended in divorce but were never valid due to retconned bigamy with Trent Robbins--now that would be an interesting puzzle for the clergy to ponder.

Kenny
Member Avatar

dc cubs
I remember reading that Bo would have to choose between saving Hope or Carly. Is that the instance when they are both trapped under the rocks.
I think that will come later.

Carly will probably escape and find herself in danger again while Hope is still being held captive by Gus or something. I'm guessing Bo will try to save Carly (from Vivian?) and that's when he'll find out that Hope is in danger too. With time running out, who will he choose to save? Decisions, decisions...

I'm just confused about where this leaves Vivian. Surely she would end up in prison after this stunt...

jane1978

Paxton
Feb 4 2010, 03:15 PM
Angie79
Abe performs the ceremony in which she becomes Mrs. Phillip Kiriakis.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Also, Abe is the officiant? Huh? Is Father Matt too busy researching the theological bases for his stance that it's totally okay to end your marriage as long as you really really love someone else and you sort of half-heartedly tried to keep your marriage going?

There's a lot of action here, and ordinarily I would be interested, but knowing that Melanie won't die saps all my will to watch, not to mention my will to live. I really hate that once again Stephanie will end up being thrown under the bus for reading and throwing away the letter to Nathan when Melanie never should have trusted her with it in the first place. As I believe Stephanie once pointed out a long time ago, it was unreasonable for Melanie to ever think they were friends, going back to when Melanie tried to frame her for murder.

Thanks for posting, Angie!
Well, if this is a civil wedding (and I don´t see Mel nor Phillip as religional) it makes sense for the mayor to be there. As for Mel giving the letter to Stephanie that´s risky move but Mel doesn´t know they are dating and Nathan will probably refuse to talk with her or something.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hope arrests Vivian, but ends up trapped before it goes any further. I will type up the SOW article later. I need a break, lol.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Maybe Hope getting hit lands her in the hospital, and she discovers she has a brain tumor. She decides not to tell Bo, and there you go, her big story WITHOUT Bo. You guys know the show would totally do it. :laugh:

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 4 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm just confused about where this leaves Vivian. Surely she would end up in prison after this stunt...
One would have thought the same thing about Kate last summer, but look how easily that was all swept under the rug (literally), LoL.

heartsaver

Kenny
dc cubs
I remember reading that Bo would have to choose between saving Hope or Carly. Is that the instance when they are both trapped under the rocks.
I think that will come later.

Carly will probably escape and find herself in danger again while Hope is still being held captive by Gus or something. I'm guessing Bo will try to save Carly (from Vivian?) and that's when he'll find out that Hope is in danger too. With time running out, who will he choose to save? Decisions, decisions...

Maybe she'll marry Stefano and he will get rid of the evidence against her.

jane1978

Kenny
Maybe she will end in prison with Nicol and they will plot some way how to get out together. I really think we will se Nicol in the prison for a while so she will need someone familiar there.

Paxton
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 4 2010, 03:30 PM
As for Mel giving the letter to Stephanie that´s risky move but Mel doesn´t know they are dating and Nathan will probably refuse to talk with her or something.
Given that Melanie was the catalyst for Philip and Stephanie's last and final breakup, if they had never had any other bad blood between them that would still be enough for me to think it was utterly ridiculous for Melanie to trust a sensitive letter with damaging contents to Stephanie. It's just a device to make Stephanie look bad though in my eyes it just makes Melanie look stupid(er). Why not use the mail? Drive by Maggie's house and drop it off to her? Ask a Kiriakis servant to do it? Those options would all make more sense. If I were Melanie and Stephanie were my only option to deliver the letter, then I'd burn it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 4 2010, 03:30 PM
Hope arrests Vivian...
Damn! Where can they go with Vivian from here? I can't believe she's getting caught this early.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 4 2010, 03:32 PM
Kenny
One would have thought the same thing about Kate last summer, but look how easily that was all swept under the rug (literally), LoL.
Good point.

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 4 2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe she will end in prison with Nicol and they will plot some way how to get out together. I really think we will se Nicol in the prison for a while so she will need someone familiar there.
Hmm... interesting theory. Wasn't there a teaser a few weeks ago about Nicole seeing a "familiar face" in prison?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply