Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Peter Reckell on Carly/Bo/Hope triangle
Topic Started: Feb 4 2010, 05:25 PM (2,893 Views)
kabre
Member Avatar

In the Weekly Buzz section ...

Peter Reckell admits he's been taken aback by the reaction on the street to the current Carly/Bo/Hope triangle. "I've been really surprised by it," says the actor. "People are like, 'Yay! Bo and Carly!' I'm like, 'What the ...?' A lot of viewers are really liking it. They want to see what's going to happen with the whole mess," he marvels. As for Reckell, it's all been an exciting challenge. "It's something new and different for Bo," he notes. "And there are strong reactions both ways for Hope and Carly. So it's good. I'm enjoying it."

:cheer: :cheer: Bo and Carly :cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysfan38

YEAH! :dance:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think he said it all when he said the reaction is so strong to it. Look at all the discussion all over the net. It's all about making people feel something. If they don't, then the story is not a success.

I also can understand why he is surprised by the Bo/Carly support. He probably never expected that kind of level of support, especially given how Days has been over the years and the approach taken with this story.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 4 2010, 05:28 PM.

Morganarose

Go Bo and Hope.....Peter is always excited when he gets to act and have a story line. He said the same thing when he and Billie were going at it.

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Yeah and I am one of those say "Yay Bo and Carly".....

Lambchop

Bo & Carly. :wub:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I think the actors and Days itself has been surprised by the amount of support for Bo and Carly. I hope it can lead to more of a future for them as a couple as I'm on board the Bo/Carly train.

CynthiaHaskins1

Go Bo and Carly

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Morganarose
Feb 4 2010, 06:25 PM
Go Bo and Hope.....Peter is always excited when he gets to act and have a story line. He said the same thing when he and Billie were going at it.
I love Peter...he always knows how to word things just right, doesn't he? ;)

cassie1013

I think he's shocked because we all know how days is with their 'supercouples.' But it doesn't feel like they're playing that card this time!

DOOL1965

I love PR and KA. PR always says the same thing about most of his sl, reguardless. But then again, what else can he say? Even if he didn't like the sl, he wouldn't be allowed to say anything. This sl is a pathetic excuse when it comes to writing. I do not like CC or Carly and it has nothing to do with Bo being with Carly, of which I don't like either. I am not a CC fan, never have been and never will be.
Edited by DOOL1965, Feb 4 2010, 09:37 PM.

karmakatch63

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2010, 05:28 PM
I think he said it all when he said the reaction is so strong to it. Look at all the discussion all over the net. It's all about making people feel something. If they don't, then the story is not a success.

I also can understand why he is surprised by the Bo/Carly support. He probably never expected that kind of level of support, especially given how Days has been over the years and the approach taken with this story.
Surprised and I would guess thrilled. Acting, like any job, if it become routine, the same old, same old, loses its challenge. When the challenge lowers, the work suffers. I think all the actors involved, Peter, Crystal, Kristian, Wally are getting better and better in this story as their characters are pushed emotionally. With the return of Judi Evans announced, I see it getting even more complicated. KUDOS to DAYS for not playing the same old gimmick game they have been shoving on "couples' of the better part of two decades......
finally a couple is broken apart by reality, not a brain chip, or a fake death, or an evil twin.

Finally the characters in couples get to be human. FINALLY DAYS has ended that rut and allowed the viewers to get angry, excited, happy, sad......
And what a compliment to Peter and Kristian for the show to announce that Bo and Hope are capable of being independent characters..........

aimees76
Member Avatar

Yay, Bo and Carly :wub:

lily20

I'd like Bo and Carly to end up together for good.

Bope have run their course.
They're boring.
Time for something new.

Taelyn

Well I do like Carly.... And Bopes story recently was .. well.. Boring... (especially with all the vision crap) BUT..........
A. I think they are rushing this Bo/Carly relationship wayyyyyyyy too fast, It should have been slow.. Almost happening like a surprise to them both and us, and they should feel hesitent and even confused, have some awkward moments together first, it shouldnt be easy for them.. especially Bo.

B. I hate how they are moving Carly into "Hopes" house and bedroom. And that Bo is pushing so hard to have her there.. Up until a few weeks ago Bo was devoted and totally inlove with his wife.
I have a hard time believing that he would be so inconsiderate and aloof about it all.

C. How is it after almost 2 decades Bo Knows within 2 weeks he is madly in love with Carly, and ready to give up on his marriage. and even expose his child to this new woman. This is not the Bo that I know and love.. This would be very confusing for Ciara.

Mind you Im not giving Hope a pass.. She started all this mess, But I just dont like the way its playing out.. Losing his life with Hope shouldnt be this easy.

Personally I hope they find their way back together, but Im patient.. What Im missing is the heartache it should be causing him.
Edited by Taelyn, Feb 5 2010, 12:31 AM.

Faye

Bo and Carly all the way :)

Nicole Walker

I like Bo and Carly. I'm just not feeling Bope anymore and haven't been for months now.

sungrey

Bope all the way. Sorry, can't root against history... but loving the story and the fan reax!

Blazin_Blue

Yeah, I can't root against history either...Carly and Bo's history! Go CarBo!!

Though I do wish it wasn't so rushed.

Loved Peter's little "What the...?" hahaha, not everyone is pro-Bope, PR.

hjnewt

I'm giving this a chance to see where it goes ..but... having watched Days since day one, I'm not ready to see Bo and Hope's marriage go down the drain this fast!! It makes Bo look like an idiot for leaving his wife and little girl, and Hope an idiot too for leaving her husband and home and taking his little girl away. I don't like the people that that they've become with all the Writers changes. What has happened to the incredible writing that we've had in the past?
Joan

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply